• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the twitch archiving should be done but I don't see it helping grow there audience it's just fan service for the core fans.

Maybe they should of had two pages like Brandon was thinking. Or found an alternative besides YouTube.

That's why I feel like edited down videos would be a good compromise although it would have been more work. Maybe when Don comes it'll relieve some stress?

Two channels? Christ, that's what sunk them at defy. They split their viewetship and confused their audience.
IGN the biggest boys in the game upload their full streams every day after they've gone live. Non-edited and sometimes 3 hours long.
Sits there just fine in their YT page and in their own playlist.

Myggen

Next week will be more interesting.

Five weeks or so from now will be more interesting. New podcasts usually fall to where they'll end up by then, more or less. Week two will still see a ton of new subscribers etc which counts for a lot on itunes' ranking.

There's no problem with it for me personally but people coming to their channel for the first time could immediately be put off by the let's play content ratio. Complaints from YouTube subscribers already are coming in about the feeling of it being spammy.

Gotta be another way.
It'll be more balance once they catch up and start producing shows and reviews again. I don't think it's a huge deal tbh.

Hubble

Genuine question, as someone with currently questionable employment, would subbing the patreon for a dollar a month be a dick move? Its extra money that should (due to the crowdfunding mechanics) all mount up into a pot for them, but it also could be seen as a cheapass move. Thoughts?

Not at all. You will also help by adding another person for total Patreons, which is a good metric. Everyone should back at least a dollar for this.

timmyp53

That's not what sunk them plenty of content creators separate content between channels. Just look at Kinda Funny as a direct comparison.

UrbanRats

I don't understand why they don't do two separate channels, one for shows/reviews, another for Twitch stuff.

I know Blood said they don't want to do it, but did they say why?

There's no problem with it for me personally but people coming to their channel for the first time could immediately be put off by the let's play content ratio. Complaints from YouTube subscribers already are coming in about the feeling of it being spammy.

Gotta be another way.

There really aren't that many complaints, and the ones there are either have one or more people saying how much they appreciate the posts in response or they settle down after we explain our production plans. It's easy to give more weight to negative comments, but if you look at the thumb ratings and overall comments, it seems in favor posting the stream archives for now. Also, once we get into a rhythm where we're posting these the same day or day after, they won't feel too spammy either. I just had to play catch up.

PepperedHam

That's not what sunk them plenty of content creators separate content between channels. Just look at Kinda Funny as a direct comparison.
Kinda Funny is different though. All of their game content is in one place. They separate their channels based on content type. Their Kinda Funny channel is random topics/relationship stuff and their gaming channel is all games. EZA is all games, so keeping everything game related there would be preferable IMO.

timmyp53

There really aren't that many complaints, and the ones there are either have one or more people saying how much they appreciate the posts in response or they settle down after we explain our production plans. It's easy to give more weight to negative comments, but if you look at the thumb ratings and overall comments, it seems in favor posting the stream archives for now. Also, once we get into a rhythm where we're posting these the same day or day after, they won't feel too spammy either. I just had to play catch up.

I can see both sides. I'm just thinking what would be better for people new to EZA Youtube Channel(first time visitors/people who happened to just fall on the channel). Thanks for your response! I'm in either way.

I want Huber to do his original plan of full playthroughing Resi 6's 3 campaigns with 3 different people, not just randomly messing around on it for an hour or two :(
Yup. That's why I voted tropical freeze.

Also don't spit the archive streams. And keep doing what you do by putting them on YouTube. You're doing great!

luchadork

I can see both sides. I'm just thinking what would be better for people new to EZA Youtube Channel(first time visitors/people who happened to just fall on the channel). Thanks for your response! I'm in either way.

so for new people you think they should split the limited content they have over onto two channels?

giphy.gif

luchadork

I personally do think so. yeah so they won't think EZA feels like every other pewdie pie wannabe lets play channel.

theres a reason people follow the pewdiepie model.

making it harder for people to find content means less views. just compare GT to GTreviews. you'd be surprised at how many people didnt realise there was a 2nd channel. or people who checked it once and then never went back. theres a great book on user experience called 'dont make me think' that goes into this. the less clicks the better.

Visceir

Kyle having technical difficulties with streaming was somewhat predictable. Wonder why he wouldn't just go stream from Brandon's place. Brandon did say he would have wanted to be there for the ending of G-Force and it would have probably been much easier to set things up with much less technical difficulties and stress.

Is the commute really long or something?

timmyp53

theres a reason people follow the pewdiepie model.

making it harder for people to find content means less views. just compare GT to GTreviews. you'd be surprised at how many people didnt realise there was a 2nd channel. or people who checked it once and then never went back. theres a great book on user experience called 'dont make me think' that goes into this. the less clicks the better.

It's always safe to never underestimate how dumb and lazy people are so I agree with you completely. I personally like the playlist setup. The channel looks really nice. Keep it as is for all I care.

I guess I just have a slanted opinion about it because I don't really care about the twitch stuff.

llehuty

I don't know what problem does people have with having everything in one channel. It's really easy to check the youtube timeline, or whatever is called, once a day, and quickly see in what things you are interested.

I mean, I'm personally subscribed to 700+ channels on youtube and it's not an issue having some videos I'm not interested in from mixed channels.

timmyp53

I don't know what problem does people have with having everything in one channel. It's really easy to check the youtube timeline, or whatever is called, once a day, and quickly see in what things you are interested.

I mean, I'm personally subscribed to 700+ channels on youtube and it's not an issue having some videos I'm not interested in from mixed channels.
Lol I'm confused where you stand.

wiibomb

Just a PSA:

We've received some parts for our fancy new PC, but not all of them. If we don't have the whole package by tonight we'll have to build it some other time, but when we do, we'll stream it! Thanks for your patience.

either way they are streaming, so it's all good.

llehuty

Lol I'm confused where you stand.

lol, good point, the thing is, I can have a grid of 20 vdeos and easily see the ones I'm interested. The 1 channel vs 2 channel thing doesn't really make a difference for people that use youtube subscriptions, but with people thathave bookmarked or go manually to individual youtube channels, having 2 could be really annoying.

The_Dama

I'm not much into streams, especially single streams. When are the shows going to be up? Podcasts on Wednesday? What about the other shows?

fastmower

I really need 'red/blue' 3D glasses, so that I can enjoy 3D G-Force! That game is quite the gem and Kyle seemed blown away by it, overall.

timmyp53

I'm not much into streams, especially single streams. When are the shows going to be up? Podcasts on Wednesday? What about the other shows?

AFAIK the guys are still finalizing their commitment levels to EZA so a solid schedule probably won't be here for awhile. 30,000k is ok for part time. 50k would be ideal.

So the D&D show starts wed, Huber is working on the Quantum Break review, Brandon Jones show for patreons shows up on Weds. It wouldn't surprise me that Ian's show is the Friday/Saturday release.

No word yet on Huber's show.

timmyp53

So the D&D show starts wed, Huber is working on the Quantum Break review, Brandon Jones show for patreons shows up on Weds. It wouldn't surprise me that Ian's show is the Friday/Saturday release.

No word yet on Huber's show.
I heard he said it was only going to be like 5 minutes. Is it Huber Hype?

Was there any updates on Kyle's stuff?

I heard he said it was only going to be like 5 minutes. Is it Huber Hype?

Was there any updates on Kyle's stuff?
Lat I heard Kyle was editing something but hated it. I know Huber is starting small because he's going to have to edit it on his own which is new for him. I expect it to start small and then grow

Woffls

Oh man I enjoyed Dumb Game Monday way too much. Can't believe that water slide candy and checkpoint placement. Outrageous.

It feels great to have a Bosman show at the start of the week... well Tuesday for me in the UK but Tuesdays still kinda drag.

timmyp53

Lat I heard Kyle was editing something but hated it. I know Huber is starting small because he's going to have to edit it on his own which is new for him. I expect it to start small and then grow

As in he hated the actual content or the editing itself?

sinxtanx

caught up with DGM

here's something for people to be bothered by (you're welcome): instead of picking up individual bananas to refill a banana bunch health bar, the characters in Space Chimps pick up banana bunches to refill a solitary banana health bar.

Achire

This stream is really not doing it for me. Way, WAY too much yelling and subscriber song shit.

Edit: Unconstructive, my apologies.

Tankard

This stream is really not doing it for me. Way, WAY too much yelling and subscriber song shit. It's like watching Twitch Stream #1343. I know shit sells because Youtube and Twitch skew teen/younger, but EZA really should be above this.

Wow, your experience with this stream is a world different than mine, and i'm not even a super fan of watching twitch streams. But to each their own.

This stream is really not doing it for me. Way, WAY too much yelling and subscriber song shit. It's like watching Twitch Stream #1343. I know shit sells because Youtube and Twitch skew teen/younger, but EZA really should be above this.
They're just having fun man lol.

To say that "EZA really should be above this" is incredibly silly in my opinion.

Tankard

They're just having fun man lol.

To say that "EZA really should be above this" is incredibly silly in my opinion.

And they are just talking and having fun, when you are together with a big group of friends people will get loud from time to time to get their voice across, they are in no way or shape screaming and being loud dudebro stylez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom