• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankard

Very true but at the end of the day there's never a good day to do a news podcast, you're always gonna miss out on something probably. Wednesday's a good day to allow a window of exclusivity for patreons

Sure, i get that, but that's also another thing that i don't care as a patron myself, their podcast coming later for non patrons, i suppose the podcast might be the most successful thing they do maybe behind Final Bosman, i don't mind losing the early access for their own sake. But that's just me.

crimilde

Banned
Ben was fucking savage on the stream last night.

Still waiting on a "Must be nice" shirt.

I totally lost it at the "Good comment" *slow clap*. Very enjoyable stream, I just finished watching the archive and it brightened my mood considerably. :D Been really stressed out at work lately (deadlines, deadlines) and they helped me unwind.

sora87

Sure, i get that, but that's also another thing that i don't care as a patron myself, their podcast coming later for non patrons, i suppose the podcast might be the most successful thing they do maybe behind Final Bosman, i don't mind losing the early access for their own sake. But that's just me.

Yeah, maybe the second non-news podcast would have been better as a patreon timed exclusive, but you've gotta have that incentive to get people subscribing

Well technically it's Tuesday right?

Yeah, I was just talking about upload times, gives patreons something 2 days earlier than everyone else

Final Fantasy XV release date leak kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the event tonight. Hopefully they show some cool stuff to make the event worthwhile.

Is an Easy Allies post show recap video happening?

Hasney

Final Fantasy XV release date leak kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the event tonight. Hopefully they show some cool stuff to make the event worthwhile.

They Tweeted "count on it". Likely to still be just Ben and Brad though.

Hasney

There's some hot themes coming out of these shows.

Watch Ben during the opening before reading this spoiler, because I think it's better hearing it from him:
Initally little bummed about it not being in the same world, but I'm glad we got an ending to that story. It's Ben's call as a creator and it really sounds like he's put a stupid amount of effort into it and I came out of his explanation happy

timmyp53

Nah it's not what's important for anyone who is actually interested in the title.

wiibomb

I can even tolerate the release date, but seems like basically everything is leaked now..

I'm really bummed, because I now know there is a demo coming today-tomorrow. I wanted to know these things from the event, now those megatons are gone from the stream

Hasney

Brad just went live on Twitch for the Euros. Tabletop just went up though so that they will really need to coordinate better because I'm not leaving this for the hour it's on.

sappyday

I can even tolerate the release date, but seems like basically everything is leaked now..

I'm really bummed, because I now know there is a demo coming today-tomorrow. I wanted to know these things from the event, now those megatons are gone from the stream

The demo has been known since last year. We even knew if it would be about lil noctis. The story trailer, gameplay trailer, and other trailers have not been leaked.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
How good is the rebroadcast thing on twitch?
Like does it take a person every time to setup or can things be automated enough.

Might be something they should consider doing for us EU folks -> rebroadcasting prior content again during eu friendly times.

Something nice about just tuning into a channel and just see content run instead of going through archives. But it may just be me. Twitch for me is very often a leave on in the background thing.

wiibomb

The demo has been known since last year. We even knew if it would be about lil noctis. The story trailer, gameplay trailer, and other trailers have not been leaked.

I didn't know about the demo coming as soon as today-tomorrow, that is taken..

and before reading this post, I didn't know anything about a lil-noctis gameplay/demo/whatev...

getting out of the leaks is really difficult, I see :C

timmyp53

Like does it take a person every time to setup or can things be automated enough.

Might be something they should consider doing for us EU folks -> rebroadcasting prior content again during eu friendly times.

Something nice about just tuning into a channel and just see content run instead of going through archives. But it may just be me. Twitch for me is very often a leave on in the background thing.

It'd be good to consider it for the East cost as well. Earlier show times and Twitch streams would benefit East Coast and UK folks who are their top demographic.

I fully understand this not happening though because they aren't all full time though.

Hasney

Sounds like something that could be good when they have more pre recorded content. Mega64 and Screwattack have 24 hour Twitch channels that just play stuff constantly.

Hasney

That was a damn good first episode, best you can do with all that scene setting but the world already seems pretty damn incredibly written and they did a damn good job on their characters.

Karu

Ian is evil. Pure evil. What a fucking savage, glorious twist! Poor Lars, tho... :D Fantastic first episode. Really interested in Ben's Lore posts!

Bittercup

The first episode was great. Awesome world building Ben and all the characters are pretty fun. And I'm glad it's going to be more grounded.

Axass

That was a brilliant first episode. Loving all the characters: Ian already fucked up an innocent, Huber's hilarious, Brad's backstory has great potential for future comedy, Kyle's voice was top notch.

Also, as a former D&D master, amazing job on the setting Ben!

Hasney

For real, that setting was amazing. This really has the potential to be even better than TTA because that had a very default setting to work from and the rest was made up as the went along, to hilarious results, but it was by the seat of their pants. I get the feeling that Ben set out to make this a planet within the TTA universe as previously mentioned, but kept getting ideas and writing which is why it couldn't be anymore as there would be too many threads to tie together and we've only got a taste of this world.

Good of Huber to chip in with a province and emperor too!

First episode of Tabletop Escapades was everything I wanted and more. Love the more lore-intensive world and love the new characters. Huber's character background was fucking hilarious.

Also looking forward to Ben's Lore Corner posts on Patreon outlining the world as we go. And as much as I know it would be extra work, I kinda wish he'd make short lore videos, add them to the Tabletop playlist.

Loved it. I only started to appreciate D&D after playing Pillars of Eternity, so seeing my favorite gaming personalities play D&D is amazing.

Even if you aren't into D&D, this is totally worth viewing. It's hilarious.

wiibomb

Kyle is a conjurer of cheap tricks.

let's light up the place!!!
light up the whole place with fire?
noooo... just light..

booooooooOOOOOOOO

I love everything about it...

BTW, is there a good tutorial or something to learn D&D? I know absolutely nothing about it or how it is supposed to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom