• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

ito007

Oh boy this episode was fantastic. Kyle's voice was amazing. I'm interested to see how close to character Huber can be.

let's light up the place!!!
light up the whole place with fire?
noooo... just light..

booooooooOOOOOOOO

I love everything about it...

BTW, is there a good tutorial or something to learn D&D? I know absolutely nothing about it or how it is supposed to be played.

"Everyone fan out we are under attack!" ~ Huber

*blank stares and a pat on the shoulder from Ian*

Haha poor guy

Hasney

I can not wait to listen to the episode.

Did they mention anything about the podcast/audio version? Is there even going to be one?

Nothing's been mentioned audio wise. Couple of people asked in the Patreon comments and no doubt someone will ask on his stream this week, so we shall find out.

Nothing's been mentioned audio wise. Couple of people asked in the Patreon comments and no doubt someone will ask on his stream this week, so we shall find out.

Alright. I'm still super excited for it! I really enjoyed TTA a lot and the impressions for the new season here sound fantastic.

Mikey Jr.

So they mentioned at the end that someone could die.

How does that work in dd? That player just doesn't play the game anymore?

mishakoz

Going to have my first D&D session (ever) with Ben on saturday with some other Patrons. I have no idea what I am doing, but Im going to try to stream it from my side. (Not sure if I can, don't know how its going to work)

Wiggy

Looks like they have turned on ads on YouTube. I use adblock but have added their channel to my whitelist. I wonder if they have an MCN yet.

My only fear/deepest hope is that eventually, somehow, the campaign will end up inside Nakatomi Plaza. (This was just a joke. That won't actually happen.)

My only fear/deepest hope is that eventually, somehow, the campaign will end up inside Nakatomi Plaza. (This was just a joke. That won't actually happen.)
Hey Ben, for the Patreon D&D campaign, do the players in that have to continually pledge at that level for however long that campaign lasts? Just curious.

Tsosie

BTW, is there a good tutorial or something to learn D&D? I know absolutely nothing about it or how it is supposed to be played.

As a long time D&D player, I do not know own of a place that has a simple layout of the rules. However, the basic rules are published for free online. You can search the wizards of the coast website or prolly just Google DandD 5e ogl. Individual character skills can be tricky to understand, but the rest is simple. Roll a d20 for just about anything you want to do. The higher the number, the more likely you are to succeed. The type of weapon you use effects your damage output and the type of armor an enemy has affects how easy they are to hit.

Wiggy

How do I enable ads only for certain channels?

With AdBlock on Chrome when you are on their channel page or watching one of their videos click on the adblock icon on the top right of Chrome and click on 'Whitelist Easy Allies Channel'. Not sure if you can do this on other ad blockers or browsers, or how it works if you can.

Axass

Going to have my first D&D session (ever) with Ben on saturday with some other Patrons. I have no idea what I am doing, but Im going to try to stream it from my side. (Not sure if I can, don't know how its going to work)

Please do! Would love to see it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY12JlUfdx0

It's definitely Dredd

I can't wait until there's a case of mistaken identity later in and Huber gets to say in his dwarf voice "I AM THE LAW"
Thanks for the link!

tok9

Didn't Ben say they would record it if everyone was comfortable with that?

If not I imagine that means you probably shouldn't stream it either unless everyone is okay with that.

styl3s

I really, really want ben to do like a 2 hour pateron video of him just talking about the lore of this world.

I also hope he one day gets his own like weekly stream called Moore's Tavern/Inn or something where he just streams some good jrpgs and western rpgs.

Amazing first episode. Ben great lore building. It's glad to finally have Kyle with a character that fits him. Ian's character fits him more too. Very impish. Brads got a great setup and Huber is just hilarious. Just storms in and stomps on the lore in amusing ways. I appreciate that he's trying to go the noble warrior route. Let's see if he can stick with it. Those hogger impulses are still there. God his back story was a Kung fu, Vikings, and Judge Dredd mash up

But very organized. As much fun as it was to see the crew sabotage Bens plans, near the end they were doing it too much to the detriment of the adventure. I'm liking what I see here.

Also love the starting with the cart and likely goblins. This could be the TTE thing. Like Star Wars pans down. TTE adventures always start on a cart.

Vinc

Saving the podcast for tomorrow but I couldn't help but watch the intro. Love the setup with the couch and robot arm mics. NOT a fan of the new corrections music. I like the track itself.. but that's the problem. I liked how goofy and obnoxious the other one was, this is too quiet and relaxed, I feel like I'm on the beach! The old one was funny to me because it was loud, kind of obnoxious, and perfectly fitting for a podcast section where people are correcting their mistakes :p

Ojli

Neo Member
Kyle's new show, "Bosman at home", is up on his own channel. The episode is called "Did I miss anything" and I can't wait to watch it after my lecture :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom