• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankard

Really great 2nd podcast episode, felt a lot closer to GT Time with all the back and forth, great discussions. Someone needs to tell shinobs he was featured in the episode.

Also great first episode of Tabletop, it was so much fun and this is only the beginning, the characters presentation cracked me up.

Cup of Jones was on point, enjoyed the updates, much needed. Good job, Jones.

Still very disappointed by no Bosman show on EZA, with this massive support from the community i hope he changes his mind soon and features his show on EZA, also i don't like this feeling that they could leave the project anytime soon.

I don't think I could be any happier right now. Maybe my first time playing Battlefront Fighter Squadron in Playstation VR will come close, but I digress...

I watched Kyle's new show, then the second Podcast, then Cup of Jones and finished up with Tabletop Escapades.

I'm going to say it: Having GT fold has probably been the best thing to happen to these guys. Maybe not right now as their futures are still uncertain, but being free from the shackles of Defy Media has made them better. The production values aren't there yet, but their personalities and one-liners and shows are better than they've ever been. I'm listening to these shows at work and I have to stifle the laughter, so as to not disturb co-workers.

I hope that they can find new ways, in addition to Patreon, to make this a full-time gig for each member of EZA, so they can be fully supported doing this work. Twitch subs, merch, sponsored shows, YouTube ads, whatever they need to do this full-time... I just want them to be successful.

And we still haven't see Huber's new show, their first review, the additional podcast hosted by Ben or anything by Damiani. I can't believe how much content they'll be outputting.

I don't think I could be any happier right now. Maybe my first time playing Battlefront Fighter Squadron in Playstation VR will come close, but I digress...

I watched Kyle's new show, then the second Podcast, then Cup of Jones and finished up with Tabletop Escapades.

I'm going to say it: Having GT fold has probably been the best thing to happen to these guys. Maybe not right now as their futures are still uncertain, but being free from the shackles of Defy Media has made them better. The production values aren't there yet, but their personalities and one-liners and shows are better than they've ever been. I'm listening to these shows at work and I have to stifle the laughter, so as to not disturb co-workers.

I hope that they can find new ways, in addition to Patreon, to make this a full-time gig for each member of EZA, so they can be fully supported doing this work. Twitch subs, merch, sponsored shows, YouTube ads, whatever they need to do this full-time... I just want them to be successful.

And we still haven't see Huber's new show, their first review, the additional podcast hosted by Ben or anything by Damiani. I can't believe how much content they'll be outputting.
Here, here! Couldn't have said it better myself. \o/

Eh, it's a bit strange that Bosman's show isn't on EZA but honestly at this point I'm just thankful it even exists at all.

Same boat. Happy for Kyle to do his own thing - the new content existing in the first place is the important thing. It doesn't really make the slightest bit of difference (to me) which YouTube channel he uploads it to.

As for complaints of it not being full-time, we're still (already) getting a ton of content. If someone wants a more secure pay packet, at the end of the day that's up to them. The crew is like a band. This definitely isn't the original lineup, they've changed label a couple times now, even changed genres - but it's still inherently 'them'.

I'm only listening to Tabletop Escapades while I get work done, but I had to laugh every time I heard someone summarizing Huber's character. Also I think one of my favorite things about Bosman in D&D is just the little side comments he makes. I forget what was said, but Kyle quietly says in the background: "Oh no...."

Glad Tabletop is back.

sora87

I hope Ben's podcast is a lot more casual and a lot longer than Kyle's, it'll be good to have one be strict and rigid and one be... long and loose

Tigermave

Neo Member
Nah, it's a backers only video.

Trailer Score hasn't been mentioned since the initial stream I don't think, hopefully at some point.

I often wondered if Trailer Score existed mainly because of their brand being "GameTrailers" and them wanting to find a way for that title to still have meaning in the later years. Or something.

I often wondered if Trailer Score existed mainly because of their brand being "GameTrailers" and them wanting to find a way for that title to still have meaning in the later years. Or something.

Jones loves trailers. He's fascinated by them. He's said the problem with doing Trailer Scores now is Kyle and Blood aren't always on hand like they were at GT so he could call them in to watch and review a trailer as soon as it drops.

wiibomb

are they going to archive on youtube the group streams? I wanted to check the last one again since I couldn't understand most of it without headphones..

a shame I have twitch blocked at work

padopodo

Jones loves trailers. He's fascinated by them. He's said the problem with doing Trailer Scores now is Kyle and Blood aren't always on hand like they were at GT so he could call them in to watch and review a trailer as soon as it drops.
I'd be okay with them hand picking out a few stand-out trailers to discuss on a monthly basis. That would make for some great content if they could make some room in their schedule.

I'd be okay with them hand picking out a few stand-out trailers to discuss on a monthly basis. That would make for some great content if they could make some room in their schedule.

I'd enjoy that, too, but they like for the trailer coverage to be timely and topical.

are they going to archive on youtube the group streams? I wanted to check the last one again since I couldn't understand most of it without headphones..

a shame I have twitch blocked at work

Couldn't believe it when I saw Brad's FF demo stream has already been uploaded to YouTube when they have yet to upload their very first stream and the Tropical Freeze stream.

The fuck are they playing at?

Hasney

The first of Ben's Tabletop Escapades Lore Corner has been posted to Patreon. Jesus, this is such a well realised world. It was well cutting off the ties of the TTA world for this and then some.

Lexad

Hot damn that is an amazing backstory for dwarves. So different from anything I have seen for them.

I can't remember, do we have a dwarf in the group? Isn't it huber? But he is from a distant land

Hot damn that is an amazing backstory for dwarves. So different from anything I have seen for them.

I can't remember, do we have a dwarf in the group? Isn't it huber? But he is from a distant land

Huber is a dwarf. I've thought of a way to tie his story and the general history of the dwarves together. I think it's pretty fun. Excited to share more soon!

SeanTSC

Man, the first episode of Tabletop Escapades was amazing. Tabletop Adventures was EASILY my favorite GT show and I missed it so much. I'm also really digging the lore and Ben's world building. The documents that he posted with the spellings of people's names and places helped a lot with getting more into the Lore too.

And god, I was laughing so fucking hard in the first ep. I love how the guys just IMMEDIATELY manage to fuck up Ben's plans yet again.

giphy.gif

<3 Ben.

Lexad

Ben, did you have some of this in the back of your head prior to the patreon or have you done all of this in the past week and a half?

SeanTSC

It's all been done in the past week and a half.

That's pretty impressive, Ben. You have the makings of a good writer, imo. I'd bet that the experience that you'll gain from Tabletop Escapades could put you on the path to having your own books. I'd buy and read companion novels to the TTE universe if you ever wrote them (and anything else).

That's pretty impressive, Ben. You have the makings of a good writer, imo. I'd bet that the experience that you'll gain from Tabletop Escapades could put you on the path to having your own books. I'd buy and read companion novels to the TTE universe if you ever wrote them (and anything else).

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words. It's a dream of mine to write a fantasy novel some day (probably some day far away).

Couldn't believe it when I saw Brad's FF demo stream has already been uploaded to YouTube when they have yet to upload their very first stream and the Tropical Freeze stream.

The fuck are they playing at?

Part 1 of launch has been a bit of a pain to get up just due to a whole mess of problems at every step, but I am hoping to get launch day up soon. FF XV was just one of those things I didn't want to wait on and it went through without a hitch.
Also, there is a lot of stuff.

luchadork

this is my last i-know-it-all-why-dont-they-do-it-like-this post. after this i'm going full rafiki mode. whatever happens happens. just enjoy what we're getting...

BUT... wouldn't it make more sense to have bosman's show as a patreon exclusive... and have cup of jones as a public video that everyone can watch and see whats available to them if they support?

OK...
rafiki_meditating_lion_king.jpg

this is my last i-know-it-all-why-dont-they-do-it-like-this post. after this i'm going full rafiki mode. whatever happens happens. just enjoy what we're getting...

BUT... wouldn't it make more sense to have bosman's show as a patreon exclusive... and have cup of jones as a public video that everyone can watch and see whats available to them if they support?

OK...
rafiki_meditating_lion_king.jpg
Kyle said that he doesn't want the pressure of producing a show if he couldn't commit to doing it full time. If he got a full time job, there's no way that he could do both things.

Philippo

Yeah, seems that once all the shows will be ready, we'll get a massive amount of weekly content.

Only wish now is that Brad and Blod gets their own shows/segments too, they're the only ones that don't have any.
If you can read me, think about it guys!

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words. It's a dream of mine to write a fantasy novel some day (probably some day far away).

Would it feature steaks and japanese high school girls?

Spman2099

Eh, it's a bit strange that Bosman's show isn't on EZA but honestly at this point I'm just thankful it even exists at all.

I am definitely happy it exists, but it definitely bums me out a little that it doesn't have the backdrop and that it isn't part of the EZA channel. As a compromise, I would be happy if his current show was an exclusive on his channel for a week, and subsequently migrated to EZA.

I would also accept the compromise of him saying that it is what it is and deal with it...

I am definitely happy it exists, but it definitely bums me out a little that it doesn't have the backdrop and that it isn't part of the EZA channel. As a compromise, I would be happy if his current show was an exclusive on his channel for a week, and subsequently migrated to EZA.

I would also accept the compromise of him saying that it is what it is and deal with it...

I think I read somewhere that EZA will have a playlist on it's channel with Bosman's videos in it.

EDIT: I can't find it now so it's likely I just made that shit up.

LycanXIII

They really need to work on ending their streams better. Too many times they'll be signing off and it'll end mid-sentence haha.

wiibomb

They really need to work on ending their streams better. Too many times they'll be signing off and it'll end mid-sentence haha.

What are you talking 'bout? That's an easy allies sign!!

Seriously enough, I think they do it now on purpose lol, they have been famous since GT for those hardcuts

I'm so excited to see how Ben will handle the second podcast. I have complete faith after seeing all the work he put into being the DM in the first Tabletop Escapades ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom