• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I could be any happier right now. Maybe my first time playing Battlefront Fighter Squadron in Playstation VR will come close, but I digress...

I watched Kyle's new show, then the second Podcast, then Cup of Jones and finished up with Tabletop Escapades.

I'm going to say it: Having GT fold has probably been the best thing to happen to these guys. Maybe not right now as their futures are still uncertain, but being free from the shackles of Defy Media has made them better. The production values aren't there yet, but their personalities and one-liners and shows are better than they've ever been. I'm listening to these shows at work and I have to stifle the laughter, so as to not disturb co-workers.

I hope that they can find new ways, in addition to Patreon, to make this a full-time gig for each member of EZA, so they can be fully supported doing this work. Twitch subs, merch, sponsored shows, YouTube ads, whatever they need to do this full-time... I just want them to be successful.

And we still haven't see Huber's new show, their first review, the additional podcast hosted by Ben or anything by Damiani. I can't believe how much content they'll be outputting.

Well said! Completely agree :)

timmyp53

Ben making up excuses to not play the Xbox version of DS3. That Sony bias from Easy Allies. /s
I thought it was unpatched and required playing offline on Asian account. I mean there is a legitimate reason.
Dark Souls 3 can be downloaded from Japan, but Bandai Namco warns it's 'not complete'

Who

Banned
Man I just..

Watching Huber putting on an improv play with random action figures will be incredible

Bossy is a twisted genius

LycanXIII

I thought it was unpatched and required playing offline on Asian account. I mean there is a legitimate reason.
Dark Souls 3 can be downloaded from Japan, but Bandai Namco warns it's 'not complete'

He was trying to play the NA review copy they sent him the code for on Xbox One which ended up having frame skipping while streaming. So he switched to his Japan import copy on the PS4.

Yoooo that compilation was really really good. Although I'd love it to have Shu, the battle of the bands, and more funny Kyle dances. Those dances never get old!

I don't think I could be any happier right now. Maybe my first time playing Battlefront Fighter Squadron in Playstation VR will come close, but I digress...

I watched Kyle's new show, then the second Podcast, then Cup of Jones and finished up with Tabletop Escapades.

I'm going to say it: Having GT fold has probably been the best thing to happen to these guys. Maybe not right now as their futures are still uncertain, but being free from the shackles of Defy Media has made them better. The production values aren't there yet, but their personalities and one-liners and shows are better than they've ever been. I'm listening to these shows at work and I have to stifle the laughter, so as to not disturb co-workers.

I hope that they can find new ways, in addition to Patreon, to make this a full-time gig for each member of EZA, so they can be fully supported doing this work. Twitch subs, merch, sponsored shows, YouTube ads, whatever they need to do this full-time... I just want them to be successful.

And we still haven't see Huber's new show, their first review, the additional podcast hosted by Ben or anything by Damiani. I can't believe how much content they'll be outputting.

I know what you mean!

I burst out laughing at "I'M A MONK FROM CHINA" from Tabletop Escapades. And I had no way of explaining myself, there was just too much context.

I wish I could print that line out on a t-shirt, but I'd have the same problem (explaining it).

sappyday

Love the way you guys reveal the score. Also Blood are you able to explain why you guys went with a 5 star system instead of the 10? Just to change it up?

Great review, glad these are back.

5 Star system with 10 point scale, hmmm.

Going to say the exact same thing myself. Unless the stars can be quartered as well as halved? Where will it end?

Thanks for the first day streams, Blood. I'm set for entertainment while working for the next week or so with these.

Love the way you guys reveal the score. Also Blood are you able to explain why you guys went with a 5 star system instead of the 10? Just to change it up?
Im happy about that, 10 point score system is terrible in my opinion.

5 is always better in my mind, i see it like this:

5 star - Fantastic game, must play
4 star - Great game, has a few issues but shouldn’t stop you playing
3 star - Average game, not terrible but not great either
2 star - Flawed game but has some good aspects (gameplay/story etc.) so maybe play if you are really interested
1 Star - Rubbish game with no real reason to play

*Edit - Havent watched the video yet so im hoping it isnt 10 point scale like it seems from some posts here

Volotaire

Im happy about that, 10 point score system is terrible in my opinion.

5 is always better in my mind, i see it like this:

5 star - Fantastic game, must play
4 star - Great game, has a few issues but shouldn’t stop you playing
3 star - Average game, not terrible but not great either
2 star - Flawed game but has some good aspects (gameplay/story etc.) so maybe play if you are really interested
1 Star - Rubbish game with no real reason to play

*Edit - Havent watched the video yet so im hoping it isnt 10 point scale like it seems from some posts here

It's a 10 point scale in the sense that they use half stars too. (9 if they don't use half a star).

More like swimming in 3s.
Here's how I summed up our ratings.
5 Stars - Masterful, 4 Stars - Excellent, 3 Stars - Recommended, 2 Stars - Lacking, 1 Star - Poor

I love the 5 star system because it's less granular. Representing an opinion with a granular score is sort of trapping and creates unintentional inconsistencies. The simpler 5 star is more rigid and forces the audience to actually listen more closely to the critique itself.

On that note, I think ur summation is really helpful.

Grief51

Banned
I like the new scoring system as long as the full 5-star rating is only given out rarely to truly amazing masterpiece games.

For example last year: The Witcher 3, Bloodborne and MGS V would be only games last year to receive 5 stars.

More like swimming in 3s.
Here's how I summed up our ratings.
5 Stars - Masterful, 4 Stars - Excellent, 3 Stars - Recommended, 2 Stars - Lacking, 1 Star - Poor

I think that is perfectly fine. I don't know where you sided with the debate, but a 10 point scale is more than reasonable and will in practice give a broader scale of scores than the 100 point scale that seems to cluster in the high end anyway.

How do you split hairs and really quantify the difference between a 7.7 game and a 7.8. The 5 star scale is more meaningful I think.

Hasney

Patreon payment drop just hit, about $300 across a bunch of backers as that number dropped. Don't know if the drop happens throughout the day as more cards are charged, but if not, damn fine result compared to some of the dramatic predictions before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom