• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief51

Banned
I'm just watching Ben Moore streaming Dark Souls 3 and he said Michael Damiani is thinking about moving back to Los Angeles in the next couple of months.

According to Ben if/when this happens he will be an even bigger part of Easy Allies and will be able to participate in podcasts etc.

It sounds like Damiani hasn't 100 % made the decision yet, but right now he is leaning towards making the move back to LA.

llehuty

I'm just watching Ben Moore streaming Dark Souls 3 and he said Michael Damiani is thinking about moving back to Los Angeles in the next couple of months.

According to Ben if/when this happens he will be an even bigger part of Easy Allies and will be able to participate in podcasts etc.

It sounds like Damiani hasn't 100 % made the decision yet, but right now he is leaning towards making the move back to LA.
I guess he will have to consult it with the girl from the Deli.
#bringBosmanloreback

Jonnax

Exciting news. I missed him and didn't really keep a track of what he did after being fired from GT.

Was he up to much?

Grief51

Banned
Exciting news. I missed him and didn't really keep a track of what he did after being fired from GT.

Was he up to much?

He moved to Texas a couple of years ago. I never really understood why. It didn't seem he worked on any particularly prominent projects out there.

Again though: Ben said "The current plan is Damiani will hopefully move back in the coming months. No promises. That is what he is telling us right now".

I'm hoping this will happen. Damiani was one of the coolest people at Gametrailers before he left.

Hasney

He moved to Texas a couple of years ago. I never really understood why. It didn't seem he worked on any particularly prominent projects out there.

Again though: Ben said "The current plan is Damiani will hopefully move back in the coming months. No promises. That is what he is telling us right now".

I'm hoping this will happen. Damiani was one of the coolest people at Gametrailers before he left.

He moved to Texas because he didn't like LA and was supposed to still be part of GT, but Defy shitcanned him almost as soon as he moved.

Awesome review! Felt just like home!

Also great to see there was a big retention and not as much bounce back! Awesome stuff on the patreon! I was a little worried but this is great!

Umibozu

Watched the review, they seem to be back in good form.
Sad to see the 10 scale go, glad they have half stars though. Just hope they don't go giving out 5 stars all the time as it would take out some of the interest I'd have in their reviews.

Grief51

Banned
He moved to Texas because he didn't like LA and was supposed to still be part of GT, but Defy shitcanned him almost as soon as he moved.

Yeah, he got fired by Defy almost immediately after moving to Texas. I'm not sure what he has been doing the past 1½ year since it happened.

Wiggy

Awesome, hope it happens. Damiani's trolls and rants were some of my favourite parts of GT Time, be great to have him on the EZA Podcast.

Tankard

Patreon numbers going up again, either from ones that bounced back or new patrons it doesn't matter, just good to see nothing stops the hype train.

Tankard

Will never understand why people care so much about scores, i'm just happy to see the reviews back, its content is what matters.

Yeah, he got fired by Defy almost immediately after moving to Texas. I'm not sure what he has been doing the past 1½ year since it happened.

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but my ONLY exposure to Damiani is from The Final Bosman, where he played the villain and stole Kyle's love interest. Due to that, I've never liked the guy (hey, he played a heel very well)... so it'll be interesting to see something REAL from him for once. I'm looking forward to it.

Hasney

Dang, should charge them instantly. Don't want to be negative, but people could really scam the system that way. :/

Eh, people could have already scammed it, but there was only a small drop off. The majority of the cash looks on the up and up and you just know theat if 50 ever hits, they'll wait until it's 50k cleared before getting a studio.

Umibozu

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but my ONLY exposure to Damiani is from The Final Bosman, where he played the villain and stole Kyle's love interest. Due to that, I've never liked the guy (hey, he played a heel very well)... so it'll be interesting to see something REAL from him for once. I'm looking forward to it.
The guy made pop fiction, one of the best things to come out of gametrailers.
You should check it out to see what to expect from him.

Watched the review, they seem to be back in good form.
Sad to see the 10 scale go, glad they have half stars though. Just hope they don't go giving out 5 stars all the time as it would take out some of the interest I'd have in their reviews.

Why do people hold a number as so important when it's an opinion anyways?

Listen to the critique and make your own assessments.

Not picking on you specifically, but I don't understand the rationale.

Love the star ranking system when it comes to gaming. Numbered scores have no uniformity due to the scale meaning something different on every site. Not to mention many are pre-programmed to translate a score into a grade. On a numbered scale, the full scale is never used anyway, you only see 5-10 which is equivalent to a 5 star scale. Long story short, this suits me just fine

padopodo

This was the first review I have watched since GT went down.

Same. I didn't realize how core GT was to my gaming life until they were gone and I was left with nothing to watch or listen to.

I'm still not sold on the live-action segments, but everything else looks solid.

rtcn63

So Huber reviewed QB for most part? He normally likes challenging third-person shooters, which goes against at least one other review. Did he play on Hard? I'm asking because I wouldn't mind picking the game up someday, but am not a fan of overly easy shooters (RoTR).

Zukkoyaki

I didn't follow Gametrailers but I was always intrigued because of how positive everyone on GAF was about them. I dove into the first episode of the EZA Podcast and really enjoyed it! I can already tell that Bloodworth is going to be a favorite personality of mine!

He also looks like he should be in a progressive metal band.

Portugeezer

Dang, should charge them instantly. Don't want to be negative, but people could really scam the system that way. :/

It's not a big deal, whether a small minority intended to play the system or not, there is always a small drop off on Patreon on pay-day. Some people might have been caught in the hype and pledged, but as time passed or once the initial goals were already hit, they then had second thoughts.

Good to hear Brandon back but I personally don't like the star score system (we won't get jokes like 7.8 anymore) but if its set in stone than its fine.

gazele

Banned
Good to hear Brandon back but I personally don't like the star score system (we won't get jokes like 7.8 anymore) but if its set in stone than its fine.

I don't really care, but it would have been interesting if they recorded their process for deciding how reviews were done

Gandour

Neo Member
It is. Tends to be a technical freak out on payment methods of some pledges, particulary international cards. And then some just bounce due to balance not being there etc. This is a pretty impressive stick rate as far as it goes.

Got my card rejected for whatever reason but already fixed it. International cards are weird.

I'm happy that my first patreon payment is processed. It feels awesome to know its going directly to this crew that I enjoy so much and not some corporation.

Also I'm looking through the amount of content they've produced in two weeks and I'm floored. Things are getting on YouTube with a very classy and cool thumbnail banner. It's not a person doing the tired rage/quirky face.

But we're getting more content than even the GT days. The streams are all longer and more meaningful. Podcasts have been amazing. D&D is the best. And we still got more shows coming up. And also a review within the first two weeks!

Amazing job guys

rtcn63

Now that I think about it, wouldn't a letter grade work, context considered? At least as the April Fool's joke. EasyAllies gives Quantum Break an... EZA.

Umibozu

Why do people hold a number as so important when it's an opinion anyways?

Listen to the critique and make your own assessments.

Not picking on you specifically, but I don't understand the rationale.
I understand the critiques and assessments hold more weight; I just feel that if Huber starts giving games 5 stars at high frequency I will stop caring about the score itself.
Other venues might give those scores more often, but I largely don't care for the other game venues.
I agree that my logic might not make sense and that the content holds more value.
At which point the scores don't matter, I would say do away with review scores entirely.

Vinc

I didn't follow Gametrailers but I was always intrigued because of how positive everyone on GAF was about them. I dove into the first episode of the EZA Podcast and really enjoyed it! I can already tell that Bloodworth is going to be a favorite personality of mine!

He also looks like he should be in a progressive metal band.

That's encouraging to read! You should stick around, you'll grow to like them even more :)

Wiggy

Sweet.

For all y'all that have ad block, but would like EZA stuff to go through, check the settings. At least one of them allows you to whitelist individual YouTube channels.

Regular adblock on chrome lets you, its spotty though occaisionally in my experience

mishakoz

I understand the critiques and assessments hold more weight; I just feel that if Huber starts giving games 5 stars at high frequency I will stop caring about the score itself.
Other venues might give those scores more often, but I largely don't care for the other game venues.
I agree that my logic might not make sense and that the content holds more value.
At which point the scores don't matter, I would say do away with review scores entirely.

To add to this, I loved that Gametrailers never had a "10" game. It made it kind of like a white whale, and I would have been fascinated to see what earned a 10.

The problem with a 5 star system is that it is less critique, more marketing. Giving a game a 5 star rating is saying its the best it could possibly be, even if thats not true.

A 10 or 100 point scale allows you to not only score more accurately but also make it easy to say "this game is higher quality than that game" quickly. Yes, I listen to the reviews too, I make my decision off other factors, but hearing that "Game X is good, but not excellent. 8.5" Is better than hearing "Game Y is good but not excellent. 4 stars."

Not to mention that If you just see 4 stars, its unclear whether half-stars is part of your rating system. Thats just a pet peeve of mine, whereas 7.8 clearing defines the rating system in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom