• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedirect

I haven't had time to watch most of the new shows, but the second episode of Easy Update is absolutely fantastic. This "driving somewhere with zero preparation" thing needs to be regular, it's great.

Axass

If this graph is correct in listing all Patreon projects, and it seems to be lagging a bit behind in updating due to your updated information, it is the third highest Patreon if we proxy using monthly earnings. Note, a lot of these projects have been out for much longer and may have experienced subsequent spikes and drops. Therefore, it is not an apples to apples comparison.

It's the second highest after Amanda Palmer, KF went down by 2000 apparently.

jbluzb

patreon is still growing, as long as content continue to be produced, it looks like 40k is possible at the end of April.

Karu

I'm looking forward to the disappointment when next week's Easy Update will be Ian staring into the abyss for ten minutes, making weird noises and nothing else. :D

patreon is still growing, as long as content continue to be produced, it looks like 40k is possible at the end of April.
thy haven't even hit their stride yet. Once reviews and shows are consistently hitting their channel and of course the quality stays the same and should only get better then they should steadily climb up in funding.

thy haven't even hit their stride yet. Once reviews and shows are consistently hitting their channel and of course the quality stays the same and should only get better then they should steadily climb up in funding.
I think they gotta make the roadmap to E3. I'm hoping E3 could be their next big spike. But just steadily increase from now until then would be amazing

Hasney

Oh yeh, your right. It seems to be a consistent drop, after the 1st of each month, for the last three months.

It won;t always be there, but right now it's a motivated fanbase for EZA where people were actually checking that their payments went through to support them and correcting it if they can.

I said a ton of times in the GT thread that they needed to find a way to monetize, because I was convinced that the group of fans they had were skewed older with disposable income and wanted to make sure they stuck around. I've never been happier to be right, but the Bosman coined 'screw you' factor for crowd funding certainly helped as well.

I think they gotta make the roadmap to E3. I'm hoping E3 could be their next big spike. But just steadily increase from now until then would be amazing

All I'll say about E3 is that those streams need to go up immediatley afterwards where possible. Not saying that anything there will be anything like last year, but the Shenmue reaction went so viral it was on the Canadian news and you couldn't actually see it on GT's YouTube channel. I'm all for these streams now going up a few days later, but a big one like that has to go to YT. It's the destination for video and a Twitch archive won't cut it.

Is there anything 'easy' that they could set as a $40k stretch goal? Just something to work towards? Because the next goal, while awesome, requires another 50% over what they've already achieved. Limited-run merch (a la Kinda Funny)?

Could even democratise it. Get people to send in designs (through Patreon or the /r/UneasyAlliance subreddit), and let Patreon subs choose between the top three for that month. Nice bonus of, if they do reach $40k, they should have enough fans wanting to buy their limited edition gear. Plus walking billboards and all that.

One other thing; I noticed on the QB review that there was nothing at the end. No links to the shows, podcast, no advertising of merch, not even a call to subscribe, comment, like - whatever. While I usually find them pretty egregious for channels I already watch, for new viewers it's pretty useful.

I really like Ian's latest episode, I think that would be a great format for the show with rotating guests etc. plus it's nice to see the sunny weather and good vibes of Cali from over here in grey miserable UK lmao. The dash cam should be above and pointing down though, and so we can see a bit more of the environment outside.

Is there anything 'easy' that they could set as a $40k stretch goal? Just something to work towards? Because the next goal, while awesome, requires another 50% over what they've already achieved. Limited-run merch (a la Kinda Funny)?

It's hard to think of something that isn't really going to be covered by the team in existing formats. In general, they already cover bits of deep-dive, just played, news, random other topics across the two main podcast. Reviews they're already doing. D-Files and Retrospectives are on the way.

They've mentioned the challenges of doing Trailer Score given they can't react to it immediately, as the team only meets up once a week.

For me, I think it would be a potentially neat idea if every two weeks or even monthly, we'd get an "Easy Allies Round Table" where EVERYONE on the table talks about... stuff. I think it'd be a bit cool if we could get a tiny peek behind the curtain of Easy Allies, where they obviously don't reveal everything, but openly talk about their week, how's things with looking for a job, the process of their shows, fan feedback, etc.

Kinda like Cup of Jones : Everyone Edition, where everyone chips in and talks about their current process and ongoings. Where Cup of Jones is a bite-sized weekly update from the EiC himself, that Round Table could be like the monthly meetings where everyone talks about everything they've done in the past month in detail.

Could even democratise it. Get people to send in designs (through Patreon or the /r/UneasyAlliance subreddit), and let Patreon subs choose between the top three for that month. Nice bonus of, if they do reach $40k, they should have enough fans wanting to buy their limited edition gear. Plus walking billboards and all that.

One other thing; I noticed on the QB review that there was nothing at the end. No links to the shows, podcast, no advertising of merch, not even a call to subscribe, comment, like - whatever. While I usually find them pretty egregious for channels I already watch, for new viewers it's pretty useful.

Trailer scores would be great to be a $40,000 tier. And perhaps as a way to make that happen Brandon adds one or two of the willing members a full time gig, where they will show up at Brandon's 5 days a week and work on all of the content hitting their site and preproduction get and planning future content. Those two or three could then trailer score a trailer when it hits.

The downsides of that is would it could alienate the members that are not full time at EZA, but I wonder if all members even want a full time gig at EZA right now.

Mikey Jr.

They should definitely hire Don I think full time to help with editing the shows. I think its called editing? Was that Don's job?

But yeah, that seems to be their main concern right now is that each individual member has to do their own editing, thats why stuff is taking longer or won't be as polished.

Huber was complaining that Huber Hype will be short because he has to do his own editing and learn how to do everything.

Wiggy

Maybe a monthly trailer round up? I know Brandon likes to be timely though.

Oh yeh, your right. It seems to be a consistent drop, after the 1st of each month, for the last three months.

3 months ago Kinda Funny got fans to boost their Patreon to like 80k to fund their Animated series, it was at like 20k before that. Since then its been slowly dropping back.

They should definitely hire Don I think full time to help with editing the shows. I think its called editing? Was that Don's job?

But yeah, that seems to be their main concern right now is that each individual member has to do their own editing, thats why stuff is taking longer or won't be as polished.

Huber was complaining that Huber Hype will be short because he has to do his own editing and learn how to do everything.

Dom's helping Huber with his show now Brandon said.

Asd202

If this graph is correct in listing all Patreon projects, and it seems to be lagging a bit behind in updating due to your updated information, it is the third highest Patreon if we proxy using monthly earnings. Note, a lot of these projects have been out for much longer and may have experienced subsequent spikes and drops. Therefore, it is not an apples to apples comparison.

Hmm Easy Allies have one the highest avg support per parteon per month I wouldn't be surprised if it went down in the coming months but maybe they'll get more patrons keeping it overall at the same level.

Hmm Easy Allies has the highest avg support per parteon per month I wouldn't be surprised if it went down in the coming months but maybe they'll get more patrons keeping it overall at the same level.

Chances are new patrons are the ones that will reduce the avrg support per patron as their channel is exposed to new fans who aren't going to drop $8 a month for them.

mishakoz

The 40000 tier should be countdowns and let's all go to the trailers. I know Brandon likes the immediacy of Trailer score but the older format worked fine with 3 or so trailers a week in one show. It should be one of the easiest shows to put together with minimal editing.

Countdowns because everyone loves top 10 lists. GT's most viewed YouTube videos are all countdowns.

Mikey Jr.

Dom's helping Huber with his show now Brandon said.

Ohh, thats good to hear.

The 40000 tier should be countdowns and let's all go to the trailers. I know Brandon likes the immediacy of Trailer score but the older format worked fine with 3 or so trailers a week in one show. It should be one of the easiest shows to put together with minimal editing.

Countdowns because everyone loves top 10 lists. GT's most viewed YouTube videos are all countdowns.

Ohh hell yes. Top 10. That shit is vital. If you want to bring in new viewers, you need this. It is very new viewer friendly.

They should ask their patrons for game footage too, just to speed up the process.

Rosur

Yea 40k top 10 lists and 45k trailer score back. Think the big gap between 30 and 50 isn't helping much.

Tankard

Yea 40k top 10 lists and 45k trailer score back. Think the big gap between 30 and 50 isn't helping much.

I may be reading too much into it, but i get the feeling from the lack of push for their Patreon on twitch streams or their personal twitter that they might be fine where they are at with the Patreon numbers for now. It is already too much on their plate that they didn't expect, i guess until they figure out all their schedule and see how they will manage to make it their full time job or not i assume if more people pledge is great, if things stay as they are for now it's also more than ok.

Mikey Jr.

I may be reading too much into it, but i get the feeling from the lack of push for their Patreon on twitch streams or their personal twitter that they might be fine where they are at with the Patreon numbers for now. It is already too much on their plate that they didn't expect, i guess until they figure out all their schedule and see how they will manage to make it their full time job or not i assume if more people pledge is great, if things stay as they are for now it's also more than ok.

Greg Miller on Kinda Funny is ALWAYS pimping their Patreon.

They should do it more I think.

dex3108

I would be ok with one Trailer Score per week. That they can do. They also can record Trailer Score for multiple trailers when they are free and release them during the week.And that is content that gets views.

padopodo

About what is behind the paywall or not, i'm totally fine with Cup of Jones being behind it, it will be both a show to tell Patrons what's going on and an editorial piece. I'm much less inclined to agree about the EZA podcast being behind it, once it goes to everybody on friday it already lost momentum and timing, imo. The number of views seems to be down a fair amount this week.

Yeah, I find it ironic that they won't bring Trailer Score back due to their inability to provide instant reaction, but they are okay with putting their premier podcast--that is essentially their reaction to recent news--behind a paywall if you want a timely release. Even Kinda Funny understands the importance of putting out their Playstation podcast free and on time.

I think people forget that tiers aren't really there to entice support. They are a representation of the amount of funding they'd need to justify the time and work needed for each feature. It'd be far more damaging to to them long term to commit to something that they then can't deliver than to have a big gap between the $30k goal and the $50k goal.

Honestly, the demanding and assumptions in this thread, along with the financial "analysis" that goes on in this thread and heavily so in the last few pages is highly uncomfortable.

They understand their workload and what they are capable of more than anyone in this thread by a long shot. Leave all that stuff to them. Us discussing it with major assumptions on how their business works and what goes into each of their shows is not beneficial whatsoever.

Mikey Jr.

Trailer score just seems super easy to do and edit. It is literally a trailer playing with them talking over it.

If I were them, I would pick like 8 trailers, do them all at once, and then just space them through the month.

Vinc

40K: Trailer commentary, one trailer a week or every two weeks?

45K: Monthly countdown?

Would make the road to 50K much easier and speed things up.

70K: The return of timeline

Ibuki

Banned
I had only ever watched Final Bosman before this, but I watched Easy Update 2 and thought it was the greatest thing ever! I also watched Bosman at Home which I enjoyed quite a bit, gonna try out the podcast too. Great work on everything so far.

Maligna

Banned
I had only ever watched Final Bosman before this, but I watched Easy Update 2 and thought it was the greatest thing ever! I also watched Bosman at Home which I enjoyed quite a bit, gonna try out the podcast too. Great work on everything so far.

The podcast is amazing. Bosman is the most pro moderator/host I've ever seen. He always makes people sufficiently explain the things they say and he knows when to move on to the next topic.

Grief51

Banned
I agree Countdowns could be a good 40k strech goal. It would also give Brad something to do since I think he was in the one mainly in charge of them at Gametrailers.

I would rather Brad do Countdowns than have him make another show like Ian, Kyle and Huber has. I've come to appreciate Brad over time. He really gives good vibes.

UrbanRats

For me, I think it would be a potentially neat idea if every two weeks or even monthly, we'd get an "Easy Allies Round Table" where EVERYONE on the table talks about... stuff. I think it'd be a bit cool if we could get a tiny peek behind the curtain of Easy Allies, where they obviously don't reveal everything, but openly talk about their week, how's things with looking for a job, the process of their shows, fan feedback, etc.
Love this idea though.
They could do like the month in review, where they all talk freely about the past month in gaming.
Or if that's too frequent, every 2 or 3 months.

Lexad

Love this idea though.
They could do like the month in review, where they all talk freely about the past month in gaming.
Or if that's too frequent, every 2 or 3 months.

A monthly cup of EZA would be amazing, Make it 20 minutes and record with all the guys present about what was done last month and what is to come in the next.

Lexad

I love PS I Love You and Beyond for PS coverage.I could not get into KF Gamescast though. I prefer the EZA guys for all around gaming coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom