• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

Yeah, I'm a fan of that Easy Update. Driving in Cars with (Not..?) Comedians. Basically the secret podcast

yo branmanda's better half just popped up on my TV

better go get some allstate

If I'm not mistaken Ben already compared their second podcast to a Giant Bombcast type thing format wise, so that'd make sense. "What have you played recently, what did you think of _____" etc.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I enjoyed that episode a bunch. I could watch those multiple times per week

Uggggghhh I am so dang happy to be supporting them directly, I should bump up my pledge

hlhbk

At first I was against reviews. Thought they were a waste of resources.

But now? I think they are important. I think they appeal to people who have no idea who eza is. So they check out a review of a game, see that they like it, then check out their other videos too.

The only reason I donated money was for the reviews and retrospectives. I didn't watch the shows on GT outside of reviews, retro's and top 10's. They are as important as anything else they produce.

LycanXIII

If I'm not mistaken Ben already compared their second podcast to a Giant Bombcast type thing format wise, so that'd make sense. "What have you played recently, what did you think of _____" etc.

Yeah, during the DS3 stream he mentioned that it'd be similar to TotalBiscuit's Co-Optional podcast, except everyone in person. Discussing what they've been playing, what they're going to do, etc.

I loved the latest episode of their podcast. Listened to it yesterday and was immersed completely with their talk on PS4K and VR.

Also, Kyle Bosman's new format for his show is cool too. Week 2 was great.

Great episode, loved how they kept saying "okay we really should talk about games" then talk about games for like a minute before going on to something else.

Videos like this show just how likeable and down to earth the whole Easy Allies crew is. Like I would be down to just chill with literally all of those dudes and I don't think I can say that about many other groups of "video game personalities".

Great episode, loved how they kept saying "okay we really should talk about games" then talk about games for like a minute before going on to something else.

Videos like this show just how likeable and down to earth the whole Easy Allies crew is. Like I would be down to just chill with literally all of those dudes and I don't think I can say that about many other groups of "video game personalities".

Very true

yup

VanWinkle

Man, the second podcast is so much better production-wise! Also love that Bosman is the host. I just figured Brandon would be.

Also got about 15 minutes into Easy Update Ep 2 and I am loving it. I didn't like the first episode so this I'm pretty happy.

Lexad

Hopefully that Ben's podcast is up on Itunes, et al. I normally listen to my podcasts at work but I am making an effort to watch the main podcast on patreon the night it comes out. It would be nice to have the second podcast to listen on Mondays at work.

I am starting to think putting the main podcast behind the patreon is an interesting choice (especially since the views that it is getting on youtube). It would make more sense for some of the other shows (TTE, 2nd podcast, easy update) to have the 2 day delay. As a patreon supporter, I would have no problem if they switched around what the patreons get.

So nobody gets upset, it would be a great poll to ask the patreons what they want behind the patreon paywall and just be upfront about what would be changing.

Hasney

I dunno, the podcast being behind the oaywall certainly hasn't hurt anything. There's no need to rock the boat as you could get some people then drop out because they didn't get their way. Everything is going great right now.

timmyp53

Just let it go fast and loose haha. No reason to force it.

Just let it go fast and loose haha. No reason to force it.

I agree. Guess Ian heard the complaints about the lack of video game content in the last episode loud and clear.

Brad is streaming Overwatch at 1:00AM tonight, that's 20 mins from now, if anybody is interested.

luchadork

these guys are really stepping it up. so much content right now. surprise wwe stuff. late night streams. euro streams. youtube archives. podcasts. TTE. lore corners. and this is just the beginning. sweet fancy moses.

Holy I had no idea that Easy Update was secretly a podcast. This second episode is great and I hope they do more of this off the cuff kind of conversations.

I'm new to this,loved gt reviews, just finished watching parts of EA episode 2, and I Didn't get the "hype",is this a bonus clip?
I'm not familiar with the crew,perhaps the characters on the show grow on you right,and they hardly talk about games anymore ?

sappyday

I'm new to this,loved gt reviews, just finished watching parts of EA episode 2, and I Didn't get the "hype",is this a bonus clip?
I'm not familiar with the crew,perhaps the characters on the show grow on you right,and they hardly talk about games anymore ?
Are you talking about the video just released with them talking in the car? If so, there is no "hype." It's just two people chilling in a car talking about things. Some people like that, some don't.

Are you talking about the video just released with them talking in the car? If so, there is no "hype." It's just two people chilling in a car talking about things. Some people like that, some don't.
Yeah,so I guess there are no plans for a website? Just pod cast and random videos,sometimes about games?

UrbanRats

You usually have to be a bit familiar with them to enjoy it though.
That works for everyone though, i watched a Funhaus video the other day, and couldn't get half the stuff they referenced, same was true for Giant Bomb at first.
And it just feels awkward.

That's the drawback with personality based content, it takes some time to get into it.
But i still prefer it to the faceless approach you had some years ago.

Yeah,so I guess there are no plans for a website? Just pod cast and random videos,sometimes about games?

Their Youtube (and Patreon) page is their website, arguably.

This is just Ian's show. He kinda does his own thing. Check out the main podcast to see what they are all about.

Spman2099

Just video game reviews, video game podcasts, shows about video games, video game retrospectives, and regular video game streams...

Hopefully they have more personality driven shows that aren't necessarily focused on gaming.

I think nerd culture as a whole is fair game, but I really hope that video games are always central. I think Ian stuck a nice balance with this episode. We heard fun anecdotes from both of them, but video games kept being addressed throughout. It was loose, but it kept coming back to them over an over again. Which I am good with.

I liked the latest episode of Easy Update. Although the first episode was very free-form-y, this second episode seems to have a natural flow to it which the first episode lacked.

Keep up the good work Ian!

Hasney

Just started listening to the first episode and do they not have a "What have we been playing" section?

Of what, the podcast I assume? No, it's purely news focused. Sounds like the second podcast might have more of that stuff though.

EDIT: Which might be up later today! If not, blame Bosman.

Rosur

Using an international card is wonky in patreon. Happened to my card too because it was not a US issued CC. Went with PayPal and the payment got processed.

Tried with paypal as well didn't let me. I'll try with my credit card instead of debit.

Cup of Jones is an odd show to put behind a paywall (at least that 1st episode).
It's the only place where all the thoughts and plans of the group have been layed out as a solid plan. That should be out there for everyone so they can see what's coming and decide to subscribe for the planned content.
Feels like paying to watch the trailers at a cinema and the main movie being free.

Hasney

Cup of Jones is an odd show to put behind a paywall (at least that 1st episode).
It's the only place where all the thoughts and plans of the group have been layed out as a solid plan. That should be out there for everyone so they can see what's coming and decide to subscribe for the planned content.
Feels like paying to watch the trailers at a cinema and the main movie being free.

It'll also have Brandons opinions on something in gaming. It's just that first episode had a lot to rattle through.

It's like his weekly address to "investors" about what they're working on. He named multiple new shows and the people paying for it hear the news first.

TNH853

easy allies just overtook kinda funny in funding, is easy allies now the most funded patreon page?

eza= 34.647
kf= 32.358

( i know that kinda funny has two patreon´s )

Volotaire

easy allies just overtook kinda funny in funding, is easy allies now the most funded patreon page?

eza= 34.647
kf= 32.358

( i know that kinda funny has two patreon´s )

If this graph is correct in listing all Patreon projects, and it seems to be lagging a bit behind in updating due to your updated information, it is the third highest Patreon if we proxy using monthly earnings. Note, a lot of these projects have been out for much longer and may have experienced subsequent spikes and drops. Therefore, it is not an apples to apples comparison.

Tankard

Holy crap, that was an awesome episode. The random and non scripted talk feels very genuine, which happens to all of them when they are together, just watch their second group stream from last week.

Keep the good work Ian
EZA is your job, Kyle...don't leave us =(.

About what is behind the paywall or not, i'm totally fine with Cup of Jones being behind it, it will be both a show to tell Patrons what's going on and an editorial piece. I'm much less inclined to agree about the EZA podcast being behind it, once it goes to everybody on friday it already lost momentum and timing, imo. The number of views seems to be down a fair amount this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom