• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroll

It would be nice if they hit 50k before E3. Based on what I see on Patreon, 50k is not just about getting an office space, it's that Easy Allies becomes a full time job. Of course that may not mean EVERY member of the team is brought on full time - but certainly many of them would be with a maybe 1 or 2 (like Damiani) doing part time.

That's awesome really. Lofty goal, but it starts to get them back to the level they were when GT was getting going, this time fully independent. This can mean nothing but great things.

sora87

Let's talk about what shows you'd like to see brought back (besides what would make business sense and what's already confirmed) or what new shows you'd like to see!

They need to get Ryan Stevens to come guest host a new Demon Talk

Not a bad review! It tackled everything I think is necessary and they even gave input on all three versions which is nice.

The editing in the last ten seconds of the review was odd though, and definitely stuck out to me immediately.

Tankard

Another great review, i decided to watch even though i'm getting the game next week.

Very insightful text with a great Jones narration. Too bad framerate on consoles is still a problem for the Souls series, but i kinda learned how to play through it.

They have a tumblr now easyallies.tumblr.com/

They started posting on Facebook now too facebook.com/easyallies

They should think about getting an Instagram and Snapchat as I read they are the fastest growing social networks. Though I guess they are picture based so they might not have much to post there. There are so many social network things to keep track of these days.

I'm working on getting EZA up to speed with the social world. I do have a full time job that gets first priority, but I'm trying to spend more time at night and weekends getting a system setup for posting to social, following best practices, and having each channel have a goal/core function since one strategy doesn't fit all. Again, just need a bit of time and all this stuff should be rolling more smoothly.

Wiggy

I think splitting was was the best solution. The rough Twitch streams stand out next to the more polished other content and flood the channel as they do so many, and were only put on YouTube for the edge cases that cant use Twitch archives/watch them live.

I'm working on getting EZA up to speed with the social world. I do have a full time job that gets first priority, but I'm trying to spend more time at night and weekends getting a system setup for posting to social, following best practices, and having each channel have a goal/core function since one strategy doesn't fit all. Again, just need a bit of time and all this stuff should be rolling more smoothly.

Ah thats cool to hear. I think you're totally right with the 'one size doesnt fit all' for social media, that what makes managing so many difficult. Been enjoying your streams and looking forward to The D Files. Oh and hurry up and get to LA so you can be on the EZA Podcast and troll Kyle like the old days. .

jbluzb

I guest a channel for streams is okay. As twitch caters to a different audience than youtube streams.

Maybe a strong main channel for the main shows will make it easier to get a new audience. 35k hype :D

Lexad

I was getting tired of the constant updates on the YouTube app.

I am not surprised they saw some decrease in viewership

Visceir

Yeah, this seems like a good move.

Might be worthwhile to add some highlights from streams or edited versions of stuff like Pokken tournament on the main channel though if the someday have the manpower to do it.

Yea the one thing they are doing very consistently is streaming games and having those archived on the main channel was drowning the rest of the stuff. I do hope the regular segment twitch streams end up on the main channel like dumb game Monday and toybox Tuesday.

If I may make another suggestion? I think the group stream Tuesday is so good it should just br dubbed their live show instead and actually have a legit start and end to it and that too be put on YouTube. Would almost be like a third podcast (Vodcast). Also think they should alternate between the room and game as the main view, especially in down times of maybe there would actually be a group focused thing every week to look forward to and the game would get the smaller window. That would require someone on the switch at all times. The group stream Tuesday's has a chance to be something really special.

Hasney

I think I use YouTube differently to a lot of people going by this thread and others, I kind of pick a channel and binge on stuff now and again. But I'm clearly in the minority here, so great move by the looks of things.

I think I use YouTube differently to a lot of people going by this thread and others, I kind of pick a channel and binge on stuff now and again. But I'm clearly in the minority here, so great move by the looks of things.

I think it was overshadowing the main channels content. If someone comes there for the dark souls 3 review they will see a bunch of lets plays with some of their main show stuff mixed in, and that first time visitor may gloss over it and see nothing but let's play that are a dime a dozen.

wiibomb

very nice of them to have 2 different channels, they can focus content on their respective parts.

It was kind of pointless to see so much twitch videos buring the main content of the channel

Wiggy

I wonder if they bother shifting the already uploaded streams to the other channel and take them down from the main one. Would be a lot of effort, though that new beastly PC they're building tomorrow could help I guess.

Lexad

I wonder if they bother shifting the already uploaded streams to the other channel and take them down from the main one. Would be a lot of effort, though that new beastly PC they're building tomorrow could help I guess.

It is early enough I doubt it would be too big a deal

wiibomb

Couldn't they simply make an easy allies plays playlist section within the channel? So stick them all in there without making a new channel.

what happens when someone enters the videos section and sees that clusterfuck of videos from twitch? they will flee as I could, too.

This is a better option

When are we getting Ben's podcast?

Oh these are good, i'll try to remember them during the next TTE!
I'd imagine that it was delayed from a possible Sunday release because Ben probably spent a lot of time fine tuning the DS3 review.

I like the second channel idea. It worked for GT for different reasons, so it should work here.

what happens when someone enters the videos section and sees that clusterfuck of videos from twitch? they will flee as I could, too.

This is a better option

Yea, the decision makes a lot of sense when you look at it from the lens of a person seeing their channel for the first time.

Thores

I think the separate channels is a good idea, for pretty much the exact reasons Bloodworth outlined in the Patreon post. It's a good solution for the people who favor one kind of content over the other, and the fans that like both aren't actually losing anything. I'll personally be following each channel.

I prefer one channel, but whatever - a second channel isn't the end of the world and they've been doing a good job of putting up archives since the first week.

That's what really matters - that peeps who want to catch archives on Youtube can.

Now that I see how many twitch archive vids get added I'm ok with the split.

And let me just say the EZA YouTube thumbnails are THE best. That side banner is SO good. They really stand out compared to the usual funny face stuff on everything else. Very classy look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom