• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it's been posted in this thread but Huber and Brad are streaming RE6 right now. I stumbled into it by chance lol, wanted to check the schedule

I'd like to watch but I'm playing through RE6 as well

Alucrid

Banned
Regarding show length:

This is the most common complaint the show is getting and I definitely understand why. As you said, DnD is usually played for long stretches and it takes time for people to get into the zone. However, since we don't have a centralized office, it's really important that when we do meet up (usually on a weekend) we make the most of the time we have. The best, most convenient way for us to do so is to shoot for 3-5 hours and then split that time into 60-minute chunks. I realize that it's frustrating, especially for those who watched Tabletop Adventures, but from a production standpoint, it's the most realistic way for us to tackle the show right now.

you all just need to bring five different shirts to each shoot

rtcn63

I remember being behind the train (chasing it) and away from the track, and it still somehow registering a kill on me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Huber and Brad seemed defeated at the end of the stream, they really don't like the game. I hope the next RE is better.

At least we got RE2 remake.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They gotta tone down the difficulty and power through it

It's not just the difficulty, the hit boxes are awful, which has funny results. At least for us.

And I suppose it's the game itself that bothers them as well. But yeah, toning down the difficulty would help.

RiverKwai

12974520_10153563619787776_323679152084914388_n.jpg

UrbanRats

Fuck, every time TTE finishes, it's more painful than Breaking Bad's cliffhangers.
I would watch 5 hours straight of it, no problem.

For me the one hour episodes are great because if they are longer, I would probably have to watch it during the weekends. With them being an hour I can just squeeze them in during my evening youtube session.

I have a lot of other EZA shows to watch during the weekends, so the hour format is fine for me. I do have to say that both episodes flew by however, so I understand why people want them to be longer, but for me this is fine.

Never really watched TTA because I never really was into D&D and I am not too fond of High Fantasy in general, but I really loved both TTE episodes, so consider me converted.

I was just about to ask whether it would be a show of interest for people who are not into D&D and high fantasy so I will give it a go seeing as you are coming at it from the same mindset as me.

I find all of the shows to be brilliant company whilst I do my work regardless of whether I even like the game being played so I can't see it changing with this either.

UrbanRats

Go media black out for whole season then binge watch it.

Sort of what i did with TTA, actually.
This time i want to follow along, tho.

I was just about to ask whether it would be a show of interest for people who are not into D&D and high fantasy so I will give it a go seeing as you are coming at it from the same mindset as me.

I find all of the shows to be brilliant company whilst I do my work regardless of whether I even like the game being played so I can't see it changing with this either.
Oh yeah i don't care about D&D nor high fantasy either, but these are great for reasons beyond that.

Stuck the latest episode on last night, around eleven-ish, with the idea that once they introduced themselves and the story started I would turn it off to try get some much needed sleep. Next thing I know Lars has some grain in his bag and we need to wait until next week to see just what the fuck is up with that.

Genuinely couldn't believe how quick time seemed to go by watching that.

Brad's a great addition. Some of his reactions make me laugh, like when Ben was telling Kyle he's transforming into a cat.

"I'm going to run south..."

"Erm...I didn't put anything down here."

What a great show.

UrbanRats

The
necro-hand spell giving back the finger to Ian
was the highlight, for me.
Especially since he was so cocky casting the spell, at first.

Par Score

Regarding show length:

This is the most common complaint the show is getting and I definitely understand why. As you said, DnD is usually played for long stretches and it takes time for people to get into the zone. However, since we don't have a centralized office, it's really important that when we do meet up (usually on a weekend) we make the most of the time we have. The best, most convenient way for us to do so is to shoot for 3-5 hours and then split that time into 60-minute chunks. I realize that it's frustrating, especially for those who watched Tabletop Adventures, but from a production standpoint, it's the most realistic way for us to tackle the show right now.

Totally understandable, and I guess it's like the old saying goes: Always leave them wanting more.

Ok, I seriously hope Brandon reading press statements/forum posts becomes a permanent thing

Yeah, Brandon Reads [Blank] definitely needs to be a recurring segment.

rtcn63

...What?

I think I am missing some context here.

There's a part in RE6 (which Huber and Brad were streaming last night) where you have to evade an oncoming train in the subway. They kept getting killed even though they (to the human eye) avoided the damn thing.

The zombies are super cheap with their leap attacks. It's actually not a bad idea to start spamming the melee (counter) button once you seem them crawling towards you. The ones hiding on the ground are nearly unavoidable. Huber and Brad should practice doing dodge maneuvers and counters to minimize the BS.

TTE is the fucking best thing out right now. Ben is so awesome as a DM. I love the shit he comes up with. Dudes a genius.

It's awesome but I really hope they don't take four episodes to get past these 4 dudes in the trees lol. Something tells me Yogalla is going to do something insane to help resolve the situation and Law's dart is going to one hit of of them. Or not, that's the beauty of this.

ito007

This week's episode of TTE was phenomenal. No joke this team inspires me to play D&D. I actually DMed for the first time this past weekend, and there's no way I would've gotten into D&D if it weren't for these guys.

hiro4

It's awesome but I really hope they don't take four episodes to get past these 4 dudes in the trees lol. Something tells me Yogalla is going to do something insane to help resolve the situation and Law's dart is going to one hit of of them. Or not, that's the beauty of this.

Didn't Ben say he didn't expect this to take this long.

Also I never saw the GT version of this, but I'm glad I just checked it out cause this is hilarious! Also lots of fun as someone who has played this before too long time ago.

RiverKwai

It looks like a sack full of grain, but upon closer examination, it's actuality a sack full of sleeping brown spiders with their legs all tucked in. Ben flings the bag as far away from him as he can, screaming in terror. Like a high pitched, girly kind of scream. Roll a D20 to see how far away you're able to fling the bag.

It looks like a sack full of grain, but upon closer examination, it's actuality a sack full of sleeping brown spiders with their legs all tucked in. Ben flings the bag as far away from him as he can, screaming in terror. Like a high pitched, girly kind of scream. Roll a D20 to see how far away you're able to fling the bag.

Burt

I would love to see what a nat 20 dart throw does

tumblr_nsked5P6ql1usvcqeo1_250.gif

Didn't Ben say he didn't expect this to take this long.

Also I never saw the GT version of this, but I'm glad I just checked it out cause this is hilarious! Also lots of fun as someone who has played this before too long time ago.

I would have imagined that Ben expected them to maybe band together and focus their attacks. Instead Yogalla ran 60 feet in the opposite direct and Law and Necator ran to a tree and Therese promptly is incapacitated when at the wagon by herself. Now in the heat of the battle Necator is inspecting a bag of grain by the wagon. Ben could never, NEVER, had foreseen this. Lol

I would love to see what a nat 20 dart throw does

tumblr_nsked5P6ql1usvcqeo1_250.gif

Huber's luck he will get a one and drop it on himself and poison immediately pumps through his system.

I would have imagined that Ben expected them to maybe band together and focus their attacks. Instead Yogalla ran 60 feet in the opposite direct and Law and Necator ran to a tree and Therese promptly is incapacitated when at the wagon by herself. Now in the heat of the battle Necator is inspecting a bag of grain by the wagon. Ben could never, NEVER, had foreseen this. Lol

YUP

LycanXIII

This week's episode of TTE was phenomenal. No joke this team inspires me to play D&D. I actually DMed for the first time this past weekend, and there's no way I would've gotten into D&D if it weren't for these guys.

Yep, I'm planning on buying the starter set with my next paycheck and start a group with my friends.

wiibomb

Ian is surely an agent of chaos...

you know a podcast can't be game-only focused when you have Ian, lol.

you know it can't be focused.. just focused.

hiro4

They rolled terribly too in the beginning. Thinking they might wipe. Haha
Also I love that they stayed true to their characters with Tyrese being non trusting and Yogalla being a wimp and Necator being a failure basically.

Though the D20 rolls were amazing in timing and Bens face was priceless. You could really see his thoughts on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom