• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

I thought something was wrong with my brain when I clicked that first Patron email for TTE and got sent to the podcast.

"Did I click the wrong link?"

"Is this the podcast from last week?"

"Did I imagine that entire email about TTE?"

"Do I even know what day it is?"

Very relieved to find out it was just a double content bonus.

wiibomb

I hope so too, but you can't please everyone.

wtf, man??

it is one of my most anticipated things on EZA, c'mon!! it'll be great, I'm pretty stocked to hear more of it! I always wanted you to have your own space in GT and now I see you finally have it on EZA

''You have a mystical energy, Chi.''
''Not yet, at second level.''
''Just... fucking bare with me.''

Huber, the master of roleplay, strikes again.

Tankard

Damn, EZA Podcast and TTE already dropped, i was thinking of finishing House of Cards' 4th season later but i will be busy.

''You have a mystical energy, Chi.''
''Not yet, at second level.''
''Just... fucking bare with me.''

Huber, the master of roleplay, strikes again.

The look on Ben's face at times when he is about to go deep on a story or explain an action or scene and someone interrupts with an unrelated question.

Philippo

Great TTE epsiode, always good when things goes unexpected, i laughed when Ben remained speechless after Kyle got that 20 lol

Also love how intense Huber is wvwn in DnD, like when Ian's pointing the location of the enemies and he's actually following the gesture.

Burt

Lawl Bosman straight up putting Ian on his "Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison" list as he listens to him talk about the FFXV demo boss.

Axass

I loved Ben's roll explanations in this episode, he legit creates great hooks for character development and interactions: cat Kyle, Brad thinking there are no enemies and that Ian's duping them, Huber's chi awakening. Marvelous stuff, I honestly don't think I'm as good as him as a DM, at least at improvising and reacting to unexpected rolls and turns of events.

Better than the first episode. Keep at it!

I hope so too, but you can't please everyone.

Ben, is there any way the TTE episodes will get a little longer? Let's say an hour and a half? I'm so accustomed playing for like 4 hours straight, because you know, with DnD one needs a little time to enter full throttle, with RP and all. So when the episode was over and everybody felt so in it, in comparison to the start, I thought: damn, why did it have to end now, I want to see what happens next!

Greyfox, is there any way the episodes will get a little longer? Let's say an hour and a half? I'm so accustomed playing for like 4 hours straight, because you know, with DnD one needs a little time to enter full throttle, with RP and all. So when the episode was over and everybody felt so in it, in comparison to the start, I thought: damn, why did it have to end now, I want to see what happens next!

----

Anyway, I loved Ben's roll explanations in this episode, he legit creates great hooks for character development and interactions: cat Kyle, Brad thinking there are no enemies and that Ian's duping them, Huber's chi awakening. Marvelous stuff, I honestly don't think I'm as good as him as a DM, I'm not as good as him at improvising and reacting to unexpected rolls and turns of events.

Better than the first episode. Keep at it!

Ben is Grayfox341 :)

sora87

hfQCcvX.png

I have a feeling we're gonna be seeing this face a lot during tabletop escapades

Greyfox, is there any way the episodes will get a little longer? Let's say an hour and a half? I'm so accustomed playing for like 4 hours straight, because you know, with DnD one needs a little time to enter full throttle, with RP and all. So when the episode was over and everybody felt so in it, in comparison to the start, I thought: damn, why did it have to end now, I want to see what happens next!

----
It seems like they are recording multiple episodes in single sessions, which is solid because it keeps everyone on track (and allows for weeks of content from a single day)

Axass

Post up on Patreon for patrons only, asking to send comments and questions for Ben's podcast.

Ben is Grayfox341 :)

I know. Maybe I've been a little confusing. I asked him about the episode's length directly at first, then I was talking more in general about the episode to everybody else in the thread. I'll edit it for clarity sake.

It seems like they are recording multiple episodes in single sessions, which is solid because it keeps everyone on track (and allows for weeks of content from a single day)

I noticed... I'm just being selfish here.... the TTE hype is too much, lol.

Ron K

I never watched Tabletop Adventures because I felt it wouldn't appeal to me since I played D&D before and wasn't really in to it. Since I "pay" for EZA I felt like I needed to give Escapades a shot....and now I'm working my way through Tabletop Adventures. Props to the GT Archive channel, I think it was in part organized from here, right? It is no doubt going to provide me countless hours of entertainment.

Wiggy

Two great shows today from TTE and EZA Pod.

Post up on Patreon for patrons only, asking to send comments and questions for Ben's podcast.

That post is marked for 'everyone' not just patrons, they posted about it on Facebook too.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Finally had time to get into TTE(The GT version kind of just passed me and I could never muster the energy to get caught up). So it's nice to be able to jump in right at the start of things.

Also nice that it's an all new setting.
Enjoyed it overall. Looking forward to more.

Wiggy

looks like they are not naming the pods or doing unique thumbs anymore. Just using Easy Allies pod and the date. They changed last weeks too.

Regarding show length:

This is the most common complaint the show is getting and I definitely understand why. As you said, DnD is usually played for long stretches and it takes time for people to get into the zone. However, since we don't have a centralized office, it's really important that when we do meet up (usually on a weekend) we make the most of the time we have. The best, most convenient way for us to do so is to shoot for 3-5 hours and then split that time into 60-minute chunks. I realize that it's frustrating, especially for those who watched Tabletop Adventures, but from a production standpoint, it's the most realistic way for us to tackle the show right now.

Man what an amazing podcast this week. Having Ian as a real guest is so much better than the occasional disruption from the booth. Lots of good discussions.

Now onto TTE ep 2 hype!
Once I saw Ian's shirt I realized how they're working this logistically. I wondered how they could consistently meet on the weekends every week.

I'd of course love more than an hour but I think what could make this work better is we get new TTE eps way more consistently than before. The last show was very uneven as you have a lot of people and frequent outages and conflicts. I think this approach could help a lot.

MrMette

For me the one hour episodes are great because if they are longer, I would probably have to watch it during the weekends. With them being an hour I can just squeeze them in during my evening youtube session.

I have a lot of other EZA shows to watch during the weekends, so the hour format is fine for me. I do have to say that both episodes flew by however, so I understand why people want them to be longer, but for me this is fine.

Never really watched TTA because I never really was into D&D and I am not too fond of High Fantasy in general, but I really loved both TTE episodes, so consider me converted.

Regarding show length:

This is the most common complaint the show is getting and I definitely understand why. As you said, DnD is usually played for long stretches and it takes time for people to get into the zone. However, since we don't have a centralized office, it's really important that when we do meet up (usually on a weekend) we make the most of the time we have. The best, most convenient way for us to do so is to shoot for 3-5 hours and then split that time into 60-minute chunks. I realize that it's frustrating, especially for those who watched Tabletop Adventures, but from a production standpoint, it's the most realistic way for us to tackle the show right now.

One hour is fine with me, i can watch it all in one sitting that way.

Visceir

Yeah, wish TTE episodes were longer but I think this just shows how enjoyable the episodes are. I think 1 hour is perfect.

I also think it's a good idea to record in bulk and have the episodes planned and done a few weeks up ahead to avoid any unforseen schedule conflicts that will probably arise sooner or later. I just hope there won't be 2 - 3 week gaps between the recordings and them forgetting what was going on or where they left off.

Tankard

Podcast was great, great to see Ian back in the show, and it's hilarious to see Kyle trying to contain him going wild on it. also glad to be an Updater, lol.

TTE was so funny, as I realize i'm in the minority but i prefer the length as it is, i can almost never watch something on youtube for 2 straight hours, Although i didn't appreciate the cliffhanger because i'm still hurt and in shock due to some recent entertainment event.

Wagram

LOL. Watching the podcast and laughed when Jones said: Deep Down.... I thought this was dead. That should be the subtitle.

Deep Down: I thought this was dead.

Burt

Nice lore save on a basic d20 perception check

<3 Zeasy, can't wait till that bookie comes a'knocking for that deadbeat Yog-Sothoth's cat gambling debts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom