• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting lots of Rogue One coverage from EZA between Jones and the fact that the main character is basically one of Ian's D&D characters.

Spman2099

There's a part in RE6 (which Huber and Brad were streaming last night) where you have to evade an oncoming train in the subway. They kept getting killed even though they (to the human eye) avoided the damn thing.

Ha, okay. Makes sense. I remember that from playing it. What a hilarious game. It needs taken like a so bad it's good type of experience. When viewed from that angle it becomes a classic in its own right.

jbluzb

patreon is at 35,967; $40 more and we are at $36k mark, we are still looking forward to

• one podcast (2nd)
  • Hype!
  • D-Files

$40k seems possible at the end of April, as all upcoming shows will be epic! more people will support them, I hope

I apologize in advance for people who hate seeing the numbers on patreon. I find this things interesting just like the predictions thread. :p Thanks to graptreon for providing the numbers!

April 1: 33,909.70
April 3: 34,786.30 (growth of 3%)
April 5: 35,505.90 (growth of 2%)
April 8: 35,966.25 (growth of 1%)
Average: 2%

Projecting the numbers at .33% daily growth rate will equal to 118.68 X 22 Days remaining = 2,610.96 additional at the end of April. hmmmm, I think $40k is not possible lol

i listened to kyle's interview w/ sophistamacated gaming (sp?) and his comment on streaming was somethin i never thought of before. he says people watching streams it's just like hanging out w/ a buddy. is that true for ya'll? only time i watch streams is for fighting game tourneys

i listened to kyle's interview w/ sophistamacated gaming (sp?) and his comment on streaming was somethin i never thought of before. he says people watching streams it's just like hanging out w/ a buddy. is that true for ya'll? only time i watch streams is for fighting game tourneys

Oh yeah dude that's basically what a stream is. Just chilling with people watching a dude or dudette play a game.

xpz3DDZ.jpg

UrbanRats

Yeah, somewhat.
I don't watch a lot of streams in the first place, but when i do, it's rarely for the game, and usually because the person streaming has a fun or enjoyable personality, and i either need some time to kill, or something in the background to keep me company while i do something else (usually something tedious).

Aside from the EZA folks, i only watch Jeff Green and KayPlays (on youtube, but it's the same principle) though.

sora87

Definitely, especially the JRPG streams with Ben, Brad and Kyle.

It's why streams are my favorite thing they do, see the PSO stream this past week for the perfect example.

tok9

Kyle's reasoning is exactly why I watch streams. It does feel like that, even better when you know a few from chat also.

It depends on who is streaming but in the case of Easy Allies it is 100% true for me. I watch all their streams when I get a chance even games I am not all that interested in. This is why I am so glad they are streaming so often; I definitely look forward to watching them.

I've edited Part 1 of the Space Chimps stream
I did 3 different edits but trashed 2.
The first one I tried fixing the out of sync gameplay audio but ended not liking how it sounded.
The second one was 10 minutes with zoom-ins but didn't like it either.

I might edit more streams whenever possible.

I apologize if I'm missing something here, but aren't you essentially stealing/removing their ad revenue by taking their content and uploading it on your own channel? Did you ask for permission first?

It's their content and their source of income. Repackaging it without permission isn't cool.

My apologies if you do indeed have permission.

wiibomb

this is true for me.. but I also must say that this is something I only apply to EZA, no other group/streamer made me feel like I would be playing beside some buddies.

I am just getting round to watching Ben's stream of DS3. He is so good at engaging with the audience and it has been such an enjoyable stream (1hr 30 mins) in.

I don't mind your swearing Ben!

NuttSack

I apologize if I'm missing something here, but aren't you essentially stealing/removing their ad revenue by taking their content and uploading it on your own channel? Did you ask for permission first?

It's their content and their source of income. Repackaging it without permission isn't cool.

My apologies if you do indeed have permission.
I asked Blood if I could edit their livestreams a week after they uploaded theirs on youtube, he said he didn't have a problem with it.
I totally understand your perspective though, main reason why I asked first.
I also saw some people commenting on how they would like to have an edited version of the livestreams so I gave it a shot.
Never meant to steal their revenue.
Won't do it again unless there's an official "okay" from the guys.

I asked Blood if I could edit their livestreams a week after they uploaded theirs on youtube, he said he didn't have a problem with it.
I also saw some people commenting on how they would like to have an edited version of the livestreams so I gave it a shot.

Glad to hear it. Sorry I doubted you. :)

Yeah, honestly even with their permission I'm not a fan. What happens if one of your edits take off and gets millions of views, only the original creators and content never gets noticed? Happens all the time. I'd say let the streams be on the original channels, warts and all.

Hasney

Yeah, honestly even with their permission I'm not a fan. What happens if one of your edits take off and gets millions of views, only the original creators and content never gets noticed? Happens all the time. I'd say let the streams be on the original channels, warts and all.

Then I'd say it was hugely unlikely the long video would have ever have taken off for a single moment regardless and if anything, at least there's a link to the full thing in the description. It's like a trailer if anything.

One long video is never going to take off. The big problem with the E3 stream moments taking off is there was no way to actually link to the full video on YouTube.

Then I'd say it was hugely unlikely the long video would have ever have taken off for a single moment regardless and if anything, at least there's a link to the full thing in the description. It's like a trailer if anything.

One long video is never going to take off. The big problem with the E3 stream moments taking off is there was no way to actually link to the full video on YouTube.

Right, but taking millions of views isn't going to help either. I just see so many channels, Facebook pages, and other sites stealing original content that to package it into your own video on your own channel just seems wrong. If the EZA guys "want more views" by editing their videos down into highlights, it's up to them to do it. I don't understand that fan entitled mentality here.

Hasney

Right, but taking millions of views isn't going to help either. I just see so many channels, Facebook pages, and other sites stealing original content that to package it into your own video on your own channel just seems wrong. If the EZA guys "want more views" by editing their videos down into highlights, it's up to them to do it. I don't understand that fan entitled mentality here.

But they asked and they're cool with it. It's clear that noone is going to edit things down to highlights as they don't have the resource. I don't see anyone being entitled, I'm never going to watch the short videos as I go in for the big one on the official channel. But the people making the content have said it's OK, so it's not really for anyone else to say its not. I would be saying the opposite if permission had not been granted.

I mean if they're fine with it, and you like making those compilations, why stop? I personally don't have time to watch all the streams and like seeing just the best moments.

Plus when the company grows they'll probably have their own resources to do their own edits.

Auctopus

They've never struck me as those sort of guys who make 5-10 minute "Stream Highlights". That's always seemed to me such a full-of-yourself thing.

Burt

They've never struck me as those sort of guys who make 5-10 minute "Stream Highlights". That's always seemed to me such a full-of-yourself thing.

Well, they were so swamped last E3 due to the cuts that they couldn't get around to making any sort of highlight/best of reel, which led to stuff like these four GT videos racking up ~2 million total views on channels with as few as ~100 subscribers while the actual GT stuff floundered in comparison. It's incredibly magnanimous for the crew to still give the okay for people to do stuff like this, but if you actually want to help EZA, there's no reason to not send them the highlight vids for them to put up on their own stream archive channel.

wiibomb

Well, they were so swamped last E3 due to the cuts that they couldn't get around to making any sort of highlight/best of reel, which led to stuff like these four GT videos racking up ~2 million total views on channels with as few as ~100 subscribers while the actual GT stuff floundered. It's incredibly magnanimous for the crew to still give the okay for people to do stuff like this, but if you actually want to help EZA, there's no reason to not send them the highlight vids for them to put up on their own stream archive channel.

omg.. why did you had to show these videos...... I now need an EZA E3 or I'll be feeling so down...

on topic about the edits, I would rather not do them unless they host them on their channel (sending them the edits are an excellent idea) because they really need all the views and support they can get right now, the patreon is nice, but sponsors are a huge deal and that can take them from supporting EZA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom