• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amauri14

wapplew

Brad said in the stream, second podcast going to bi-weekly and shot at Ben's place, no skype!
First episode featuring Brad, Ben, Kyle and Huber.

Update: it's over 2 hours!

Nbz

Brad said in the stream, second podcast going to bi weekly and shot at Ben's place, no skype!
First episode featuring Brad, Ben, Kyle and Huber.

Hoping it's a meaty 2.5 - 3 hour show if they are going bi-weekly! With Ben saying the Bombcast is an influence that seems likely

Hasney

Hnnnng, Easy Update is good again this week. I mean, I liked the first episode, but Ian's hitting them out of the park now.

-shadow-

Says he's not able to do bonus bits anymore. Does them anyway. And still absolutely amazing!

NeoGAF cat 😂

NuttSack

qXJ5Vff.jpg

Anime Eyes!
Love Bosman's doodles.

Axass

Easy Update - Loved all three segments once again. Ian's growing on me tremendously and he knows how to spice things up. He also genuinely got nice interviews with some devs: I'm playing Hyper Light Drifter atm and also played Frog Fractions, so it's been definitely relevant to my interests. The backstage bit legit got me, because I hadn't seen the podcast yet.

Bosman at Home - Great episode. That anime bonus bit slayed me, best thing coming out of the show so far.

Link to Spreadshirt Shore

Use code at checkout: APRIL16

Ordered a shirt as a little birthday gift for myself (also the code is my birthday). You can customise different colours and there are a lot of designs.

Love and Respect

Very tempted. What's the quality of the merch like?

Would really love some more imaginative designs (a la Kinda Funny) though. I don't actually want to be a walking billboard.

Hasney

Would really love some more imaginative designs (a la Kinda Funny) though. I don't actually want to be a walking billboard.

Quality of my hoody is pretty damn good. Just got the navy logo one at launch.

Almost wish that discount code wasn't posted as I just went for a zip hoodie with the vertical logo. Whoops. EZA has all my cash.

Gloop

Just ordered mine yesterday, hopefully the shirt is comfortable. Also hope I don't have to pay tax since I'm from Malta.

Tankard

Ian is gold, lol. Very cool episode despite the mobile camera, I can imagine how he is friends with many indie devs, they are just weird and nice.

Lexad

Pretty sure some alcohol was involved in that episode haha.

Not sure if I really liked it or not. Don't really care for hyper light drifter.

Kneefoil

Not sure if I really liked it or not.
That's kind of how I've felt about all of the Easy Updates (EasUps? EZUps? EzUps?) so far. I don't think that any of them were bad, and the first one has definitely been the weakest one of the bunch, but I don't think there's anything particularly great about them either. The talk about the "Frog Fractions 2 mystery" in the latest episode was interesting to listen to, but that was pretty much all I got from it.
---
The newest Bosman at Home was solid, although I'm a bit sick of all the PS4k talk. He did all right though, and the bonus bit was hilarious.

I never actually had realized as a kid that the black cartridges meant that the games were compatible with both GBC and the original GB. Then again, I only ever had one black GBC cartridge, that one being Harvest Moon.

Lexad

1 was just absurd and short enough to enjoy. 2nd episode was perfection. Part of this third was the cell phone quality but I also just didn't know these people

Kasper

I didn't like the majority of this episode of Easy Update, but the behind-the-scenes bit at the end was hilarious and made up for it.

Tankard

Still criminally low. Luckily their income is not mainly base on views, so they don't have to cater to younger audiences.

It will grow, the project is still not even a month old.
Take Kinda Funny for example, their brand has become big that a person who doesn't follow them closely would think they have massive views on their content, one thing a lot of people don't realize is how most of their content are 15k-25k views over a month basis, their gamescast, gameovergreggy, ordinary gameplays (not counting the few exclusive gameplays and unveils that they had) don't have close to a big audience. The only two heavy hitter shows they have are Love and Sex Stuff and PS I Love You which came months after they launched.

I think reviews will be a heavy hitter for EZA, and there is another show that needs to be on their channel and is currently not to cater bigger audience, who knows in the future =).

Yeah, the number of views doesn't really matter much when it comes to Patreon-funded enterprises like this. It's a good thing. They don't have to exploit all kinds of cheap tricks to get more views, but can instead treat their audience with respect. It's why they get respect in return.

wapplew

Yeah, the number of views doesn't really matter much when it comes to Patreon-funded enterprises like this. It's a good thing. They don't have to exploit all kinds of cheap tricks to get more views, but can instead treat their audience with respect. It's why they get respect in return.

I won't mind they do something popular thou.
Cooking show, anime, movie, reaction, all kind of good stuff, I'm sure they will turn it into their own style and I'll enjoy it.

Wiggy

I liked ease up 3, that frog fractions women sounded fun and was a good talker might have been better just interviewing her (I need closure on that showering with dad anecdote).

Yeah I agree, they are logo heavy right now. It's putting me off buying as I assume as soon as I do they'll have cool new ones (I want red eagle and green lizard ones with fake sports team logos).

Gamers in cars getting burgers
I nominate shuhei for ep 2. And this is a good idea, so good I assume it's already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom