• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

I have a weird boycrush on Ian. I've always had it, and I don't know why. Factoring in I don't like his content that much makes it almost fascinating. I am a straight male, or at least so I thought.

I don't know why I said this.

image.php

I agree with Tankard and eFKac. Bosman vs. Wozniak is incredible. Easily my favorite streams for sure. I can feel the intensity when the game speeds up. Not sure he can beat Woz anytime soon unless he get's pretty lucky, though.

wapplew

Not up yet, but will be for Patreon backers later (probably today) on the Patreon page.

Pretty sure Kyle will stream it at some point regardless. If R&C loses, he'll be salty with the choice 2 weeks in a row :lol

Just stream DOAX3 for maximum fun and viewers, Red 9 FTW!

Battleborn is a close second for me, may even pip it if they have no multitaps or enough controllers for at least 4. A slightly negative stream could be amusing as going by the OT, I don't think everyone's minds are going to be changed.

Unfortunately going by the RE6 playthrough, a negative stream would more likely just be grating, at least if Brad or Huber are driving it. Although maybe Bosman and Jones could temper it.

Hasney

Unfortunately going by the RE6 playthrough, a negative stream would more likely just be grating, at least if Brad or Huber are driving it. Although maybe Bosman and Jones could temper it.

I'm loving the RE6 stream. It's become my #2 priority to watch after the group stream if I have a backlog.

Mikey Jr.

image.php

I agree with Tankard and eFKac. Bosman vs. Wozniak is incredible. Easily my favorite streams for sure. I can feel the intensity when the game speeds up. Not sure he can beat Woz anytime soon unless he get's pretty lucky, though.

Bosman has to learn how to leave empty space in the middle rather than the side. At higher levels, getting the long piece to the side for a tetris is pretty hard.

KeRaSh

Bosman has to learn how to leave empty space in the middle rather than the side. At higher levels, getting the long piece to the side for a tetris is pretty hard.

What I don't understand is why he always starts at level 9. Yes, you get more points at higher levels but if you start at level 1 you basically get free points from 1-8.
Is it because it's a waste of time because the points are so low early on or does the speed not increase in a linear fashion so it would jump from 9 to 10 faster that it would if you started at 9?

image.php

It is very tense watching, my wife got really into video 2 and was doing commentary too. In the end she forced me to load tetris up for her to play :)

LiK

I beat Quantum Break over the weekend and I had to watch the video review. It was spot on and so good to hear Brandon's voice again.

dickroach

What I don't understand is why he always starts at level 9. Yes, you get more points at higher levels but if you start at level 1 you basically get free points from 1-8.
Is it because it's a waste of time because the points are so low early on or does the speed not increase in a linear fashion so it would jump from 9 to 10 faster that it would if you started at 9?

I think on the gameboy version the levels don't start going up every 10 lines till you hit 100, so for the first 100 lines you're getting so much more points on all those tets rather than the minuscule points level 1 gives

MrMette

As far as I remember level 10 is at 100 lines and I think it is the same for each level (it depends on the number of lines you made).

What I don't get is why he doesn't start at level 10. I am not sure, but I have played quite some tetris when I had it on my original gameboy and by pressing select (if I remember correctly) you could start + mode. You still had level 0-9 to choose, but it had a + next to it and was a lot faster. I forgot where exactly you had to hold select. It is possible you needed to do this on the startscreenm, but I am sure it is easy to find out or to search for it on the internet.

I am quite sure it was level 10-19.

You even have more points if you do this and he can certainly handle level 10.

edit:
Apparently it was down you needed to press:

http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/tetris-nintendo-gb-5985
Harder Game
At the title screen, hold DOWN and press START. When you start your game you will see a little heart by the level and the game will run much faster.

Weird, if it is just harder, but you don't get more points (it has been too long since I played it to remember), it doesn't make sense for him to use this. If it is the same as level 10, I think it can make a difference.
Also apparently it was a heart instead of a + sign. It has been too long since I played tetris :)

Lemonheap

Banned
As a guy who can appreciate male beauty, I can say that you are out of your mind. I love Ian, he's a gentle soul, but he's not that hot. Now, let's talk about Don's strong silent type.... :D
Not really about looks (did take a pic of his hair to the barbers last week however) but more like aura. I don't know, he's a swell dude. Maybe it's the nail polish. He's an enigma.

Tsosie

Saw they made a new youTube channel for streams (EZA Plays) - are all stream vods gonna be on that?

Ues. They will be hosted on. The second channel, but there is a linked Playlist on the main channel. EZA wanted to make sure those people that do not want to watch streams would not have their notifications spammed multiple times a day.

KeRaSh

I think on the gameboy version the levels don't start going up every 10 lines till you hit 100, so for the first 100 lines you're getting so much more points on all those tets rather than the minuscule points level 1 gives

As far as I remember level 10 is at 100 lines and I think it is the same for each level (it depends on the number of lines you made).

What I don't get is why he doesn't start at level 10. I am not sure, but I have played quite some tetris when I had it on my original gameboy and by pressing select (if I remember correctly) you could start + mode. You still had level 0-9 to choose, but it had a + next to it and was a lot faster. I forgot where exactly you had to hold select. It is possible you needed to do this on the startscreenm, but I am sure it is easy to find out or to search for it on the internet.

I am quite sure it was level 10-19.

You even have more points if you do this and he can certainly handle level 10.

edit:
Apparently it was down you needed to press:

http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/tetris-nintendo-gb-5985
Harder Game
At the title screen, hold DOWN and press START. When you start your game you will see a little heart by the level and the game will run much faster.

Weird, if it is just harder, but you don't get more points (it has been too long since I played it to remember), it doesn't make sense for him to use this. If it is the same as level 10, I think it can make a difference.
Also apparently it was a heart instead of a + sign. It has been too long since I played tetris :)

Ah, I figured it was something like that but I was too lazy to actually look it up! :p

Lemonheap

Banned
Ues. They will be hosted on. The second channel, but there is a linked Playlist on the main channel. EZA wanted to make sure those people that do not want to watch streams would not have their notifications spammed multiple times a day.
Good stuff. I was one of the ones who asked them to do that. Hope it doesn't mean less revenue for them. If they even het revenue, they don't seem to get more views than before and with no partner on YT that has to be like a few dollars a month. Patreon probably covers it though.

By the way, does the patreon support Bosman @ Home? I would like it to, pay partly because of Kyle.

Hasney

Yeah, starting at 10 should give more points.

Where n is the level number, the below is the points for 1,2,3 and 4 line scores

40 * (n + 1) 100 * (n + 1) 300 * (n + 1) 1200 * (n + 1)

Gun Animal

I have a weird boycrush on Ian. I've always had it, and I don't know why. Factoring in I don't like his content that much makes it almost fascinating. I am a straight male, or at least so I thought.

same tbh except that i also love his content.

Hasney

I guess just play whatever interests them. It'll be akin to what GB and KF does now.

Yeah. They do have numbers now though at least, since Brad is trying his hand by reviewing Overwatch with Blood looking it over. If it pans out, they'll have Blood, Huber, Ben, Brandon, Brad and Damiani reviewing games, so a good chunk of the big hitters should be taken care of. Just depends on editing more than anything, since Ian and Don have other things to do and Brandon can't do them all. Would be interesting to see more of the guys take a stab at some editing.

I think this might have been answered somewhere (apologies if it has) but why is Bossman's new show on his own channel and not the Easy Allies YouTube?

no biggie, just curious and i'm sure someone here will know.

I've only recently got in to their stuff since the end of GT and the rise of Easy Allies. I LOVE their stuff. Especially the video podcast.

fastmower

I think this might have been answered somewhere (apologies if it has) but why is Bossman's new show on his own channel and not the Easy Allies YouTube?

I've only recently got in to their stuff since the end of GT and the rise of Easy Allies. I LOVE their stuff. Especially the video podcast.
He doesn't want to make promises to Patrons (eg a regular schedule) regarding his show, so he has kept it separate; which gives him more freedom and less stress.

He doesn't want people to pay for Easy Allies expecting a Bosman show if he isn't confident he can deliver weekly. His fear is that if he gets a job and isn't able to do it regularly he'll feel like a failure, like he's letting down backers.

He knows he can continue to do the podcasts/streams for EZA so he wants donor support to be towards those while he works on Bosman At Home for fun on the side

This whole situation is odd. It's like they are back, but they aren't because of financial reasons.

Couldn't some of them just grab some part time jobs to supplement their income?

I don't say that to be snarky, I'm just curious if that would be enough. I've never lived in LA do I don't know if that's even feasible.

LiK

This whole situation is odd. It's like they are back, but they aren't because of financial reasons.

I thought I heard Ian say he was working on some TV show? Forget if it was an old story or something recent.

Hasney

I don't say that to be snarky, I'm just curious if that would be enough. I've never lived in LA do I don't know if that's even feasible.

There's more hours of content now than there was at the end of Defy. Once Huber, second podcast and D-Files starts, there will be more pre-recorded content than there was on Defy. Other than more reviews, I'm not sure what more they could be doing, full time or not?

The other side of the EZA story is that none of them expected this Patreon to be anywhere close to be as successful as it is so soon.

I'm guessing in their minds, the short-term plan for EZA was that it'll be this part-time thing that they'll do on the side on top of their full-time job that pays their rent and food.

But now, EZA is in this spot where it's not yet big enough to support the team like the GT days, but it's also growing quickly that the nature of this being a side-work on top of their full job is blurring.

Who knows what other commitments they've made to other jobs they've undertaken in the past month. And it's not nice to suddenly drop all that and go back to do EZA as the priority.

Besides, lastly, we still don't know if EZA will be big enough to support the crew as GT used to. There's still A LOT OF MONEY left to go till 50k, and will it be sustainable over a long period of time?

Hasney

On the last group stream, Brandon walked in the room at one point and said "Hey guys, we're the biggest Patreon! ... Not sure if others have been this big and dropped though" so this is a grounded approach still. Even if the money is enough to support everyone full time (and I'm not saying it is or it isn't, no idea, not doing that again), how long will it last? Everything has gone so fucking well, but Patreon funds are always going to be more shaky than even a standard self-employed business.

If they get to 50k then this will be their job full time

They don't want to commit to anything right now because if they get amazing job offers they can still take them, but you have to realize these are 9 people who need to pay bills/insurance/etc. The crew also doesn't need to be breaking even and living paycheck to paycheck

They don't want to commit to anything right now because if they get amazing job offers they can still take them, but you have to realize these are 9 people who need to pay bills/insurance/etc. The crew also doesn't need to be breaking even and living paycheck to paycheck

This is false. Kyle has said that even if they get to 50k, it will not be full time for most of them.

They have never claimed this, and they have said that 50k is not enough money for them to work full time on this project. Pachter estimated they'd need about 50-75k for salaries during his last show, and another 25k for other expenses, and for once I think he's on to something.

Just calm down with this money speculation everyone! Easy Allies knows what they're doing. To be quite blunt about it, you (and I) don't know shit about their business decisions and financial realities, and it's insulting to think that we can make them for them. Let them do what they're good at, and we'll just enjoy the results, whatever they may be.

This is false. Kyle has said that even if they get to 50k, it will not be full time for most of them.
Apologies, the goal itself says "we will be producing entertainment full-time" and last I read from Kyle was "yeah, that should be enough"

It also depends on who you're talking about. Someone like Ian is working on tons of projects and probably can't commit 100%

(This post is directed toward everyone doing this, bit I'm picking on you because it illustrates what's wrong in this thread)

This is the exact kind of attitude that needs to stop right now. This is so goddamn assumptuous and proves to me that we have a lot of teensagers or other young people that haven't really had to deal with reality in this way before.

We have no idea the personal situation of EZA. There is no point to assuming or speculating anything. Please, leave EZA to do what they please.

Let it go.

SeanTSC

Ian is Ian, he can't be labeled as just a guy.

The only danger of that is I could see other outlets poaching EZA till there is nothing left. The success of their patreon must be catching some potential employers eyes. Imagine if others get an Elyse type deal and have a no compete clause. Perhaps danger is the wrong word. Obviously Elyse is in a better situation for herself now, but as fans we really miss her and would really miss others if they followed a similar path.

They have never claimed this, and they have said that 50k is not enough money for them to work full time on this project. Pachter estimated they'd need about 50-75k for salaries during his last show, and another 25k for other expenses, and for once I think he's on to something.

Except the stretch goal for 50K says:

A new HQ will mean we’ll be producing entertainment full-time.

They'll be at 50K within a few months. I doubt it'd be everyone that goes full-time but they should be able to get a core team of 5 or 6 working fulltime and keep the other guys as freelancers until this thing grows ever more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom