• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

i'd love to hear them talk about NXT Dallas

Huber has mentioned the Nakamura match a few times on his streams. Loved it.

As much as I like the EZA guys... I'll prolly tune out at the wrestling part :p

Lol, me too, as a kid i used to love it, now...yikes. But they will talk about anything that they want and i'm ok with it.

Oh no, please no wrestling :d

giphy.gif

cm osi

wrestling is at his lowest point in like 2 decades, so why even bother lol

Okay I'm watching their D&D game (I have no experience playing or watching a game) and I'm hooked.

...I love Kyle's character XD

back in the gt days i always skipped their D&D show because i know knothing on D&D and i tought i wouldn't understand anything. guess i was wrong

fastmower

wrestling is at his lowest point in line 2 decades, so why even bother lol

back in the gt days i always skipped their D&D show because i know knothing on D&D and i tought i wouldn't understand anything. guess i was wrong
Yeah, me too. Guess I need to watch season 1.

Hasney

Just got to RE6 part 2. Lowering the difficulty?! Casual filth!

I'd have probably put it at easy just to get through that crap quicker

SeanTSC

Yep, you don't need to know a single thing about D&D to enjoy Tabletop Adventures and now Tabletop Escapades. It's 100% about the amazing personalities that they give the characters and how they bring them to life.

And how they ruin Ben's plans every-single-fucking-time.

Any wrestling talk would go over my head. I'd tune it out. If they do, hopefully there'll be a link in the description so I can skip over it.

Loving Dumb Game Monday's, just catching out with the Janky Kong stream now.

fastmower

Yep, you don't need to know a single thing about D&D to enjoy Tabletop Adventures and now Tabletop Escapades. It's 100% about the amazing personalities that they give the characters and how they bring them to life.

And how they ruin Ben's plans every-single-fucking-time.
Do you have to know much about D&D to play it for the first time?

MrMette

I didn't watch it either (because I don't know anything about D&D) and although I love the podcast (just like I loved GT Time), I think TTE is my favorite show of theirs at this moment. Once the episode is over I want to keep going. I can't wait for the next episode to come out.

It is just fun for the story and the personalities of the EZA guys and their characters..

Tsosie

I wish they would stream their entire session on Twitch, instead of capturing and breaking it up. I do not know anything about strwaming, but that would be a great patron only reward. Then they can break up the stream into hour junks to post on youtube to everyone. At least on this forum, TTE is getting a lot of buzz, they should do something to capitalize on that.

Just caught up on Bens Hyper light drifter stream. Game looks great. And I vote Ben as my favorite of the solo streamers. He's got a great balance of game talk,McKay interaction and of course of topic tangents. His two streams so far have been real highlights.

Also finished up Kyles dumb game Monday stream. Hah. I think we just witnessed Smug Kyles ultimate form. Speculating his neighbors are dumb people after they watched some show, then started watching the office.....while streaming Space Chimps. At least Kyle recognized the absurdity of it. :)

Tsosie

Is it a fun as it seems for a first timer?

The short answer is easy resounding yes, however there are some caveats. It is best played with a group of people you are comfortable with. This makes joking around much easier. Secondly, the DM needs to be creative. As a DM, knowing the rules is only part of the job. Ben is incredibly creative, which is why that group seems to have so much fun. You can find many different pre-made adventures that have pre-made character, so that takes a lot of the leg work out before hand. A good DM is basically a good story teller. Someone that can make you feel like you are there.

The other side of fun can be in the sandbox aspect of the game. The reason there is often a good deal of cross over between video game players and table top players is that you are in control of what you do and how you evolve. Quickly remind yourself that you can do all the things you really wanted to do in Skyrym but we're not allowed to because of the way the game was programmed. Want to walk into a bar and flip a table over and start trying to dance on it? Do it, a good DM will evolve the story around your actions.

Hasney

I wish they would stream their entire session on Twitch, instead of capturing and breaking it up. I do not know anything about strwaming, but that would be a great patron only reward. Then they can break up the stream into hour junks to post on youtube to everyone. At least on this forum, TTE is getting a lot of buzz, they should do something to capitalize on that.

I don't. That month long wait or so for the next chunk would kill me, but I'd have to binge anyway, because it's there.

I remember playing tabletop with my friends when we were kids and had tons of fun. While D&D was more familiar to me from videogames at the start (Baldur's Gate 2 especially), Runequest is where we got started. I'll never forget the very first campaing in that (I think it's in the DM guide or something) where right at the beginning you get to defend yourself against a horde of angry monkeys in a barricaded house Resident Evil 4 style.

Alas I haven't had any chances to play any of em as an adult and I doubt there are any clubs and whatnot around where I live. While BG2 for example can be a masterpiece it is not true D&D/tabletop really with friends. Luckily TTA/TTE is the next best thing!

Tsosie

For those interested in trying D&D for the first time, I would like to make a suggestion. Go to http://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/organized-play
You can find locations near you that hold weekly D&D games. These adventures are about 1 to 2 hours and are part of a larger meta campaign that is created by Wizards. If I remember correctly, they should all be free. It could be a good place to start.

Is the second podcast no longer being done over Skype? I'm catching up on the Tetris stream from last night and Kyle mentions them driving to Ben's to record it.

cm osi

Is the second podcast no longer being done over Skype? I'm catching up on the Tetris stream from last night and Kyle mentions them driving to Ben's to record it.

i think there are 2 podcast (one on skype) done by kyle, jones and 2 rotating spots and Ben's podcast
but i'm not sure

I love D&D. But growing up Vampire the mascarade was our jam every Friday night. The mechanics really forced people to RP and not just dungeon crawl for more loot

sora87

Totally forgot the first part of their ff7 playthrough was 7 fucking hours long. Just got in from a gig and had a weird urge to put that on while i'm falling asleep. Might be up for a while now haha.

styl3s

Did anyone ever archive their GT D&D stuff on youtube? I know the old GT channel has half of it but i never got to watch it from the start.

RiverKwai

I asked Ian for Dark Souls III: The Musical last week, and this week's Easy Update opened with a Dark Souls III song... coincidence? I choose to believe not.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched the rest of the video yet, but I have to say that Ian's performance of "Bring Him Home" is really good.

Burt

That podcast behind the scenes

pure magic

also, good, solid, interesting, fun stuff with the devs at glitch city

llehuty

Hahahah, easy upadte was really funny today. I really like this feeling of having no idea of what to expect when I click on an Easy Update episode, apart from knowing Ian is the host.

kami_sama

I'm loving this week's Easy Update, video problems aside.
Having developers answer so candidly to questions is great, and the Frog Fractions 2 bit with the dev is awesome (but I still want to listen to the full story with Shower with your Dad, dammit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom