• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

I'm watching through tabletop right now. When were the mice introduced? Im watching the spervance encounter and everyone is talking like this is the second time they have been introduced.

You talking of Hucky, Macky and Lucky or whatever they're called? Yeah, I had the same experience, they came out of nowhere and everybody was talking like they were a thing already. I don't think I've missed an episode either.

12PM PT - 2PM PT | Adr1ft
Daniel Bloodworth

I saw this earlier today but forgot about it. Sooo, how are they gonna play it? Can it be played outside of VR?

Wiggy

Hmm dont want Rachet to win as I dont want to spoil the game for myself, might have to just listen or wait till its out in the UK.

You talking of Hucky, Macky and Lucky or whatever they're called? Yeah, I had the same experience, they came out of nowhere and everybody was talking like they were a thing already. I don't think I've missed an episode either.

Yeah same experience here, think they explain its a joke or something in the recap episode, might be remembering wrong though.

Hasney

Aw, no Smackdown, but I guess Brad and Huber already did it. Looks like Ratchet will take it which seems like the least fun option to watch out of the three, but I'm slightly biased. I'll be playing it before the stream even goes up.

Grief51

Banned
I voted for Ratchet. I want to see them hyped again!

It really sucks it's another week until the game comes out here in Europe. I want it so badly :(

Hmm dont want Rachet to win as I dont want to spoil the game for myself, might have to just listen or wait till its out in the UK.

Yeah same experience here, think they explain its a joke or something in the recap episode, might be remembering wrong though.

I'm pretty sure they never explained it. One theory is that the party wiped/problems with recording or something and they decided/needed to reshoot and they were never introduced.

sora87

I bought it on US PSN. About as cheap as any UK retailer and I'll be playing tomorrow!

I always forget about getting things from the US psn, Dark Souls 3 is coming tomorrow though so I'm cool with waiting for R&C and watching them stream an hour or two

Hasney

Can you acces the US PSN from Europe? How is that possible? Didn't know you could do that.
I only have an european credit card btw

Yup!

Create a US PSN account with a US address (I use a Pizza joint in Idaho, no sales tax). Make your PS4 the primary PS4 for that account
Create a new Amazon US account and buy PSN credit there. Use the Idaho address again for billing. First purchase can take hours to come through, but after that it's instant.
Redeem credit on your new US account, buy the game and download
Switch to your usual account and play
I always forget about getting things from the US psn, Dark Souls 3 is coming tomorrow though so I'm cool with waiting for R&C and watching them stream an hour or two

Feels like there's some issues with DS3 right now, at least on PC and I want that 60fps goodness. R&C is going to do me until it's patched up.

rtcn63

I would rather Huber force Ben or someone to play RE2 while giving (extremely) minimal help. Only because he's already Streamed it on GT, although I can't remember if he's done Claire B. But either way I'll probably watch. :p

With the release of the Rogue One, Fantastic Beasts and Suicide Squad trailers, it reminded me of how much I missed Trailer Score. Fantastic Beasts would be a very interesting one to analyse.

I'd up my pledge, if Trailer Score comes back as a 40k stretch goal.

That said, they already have so much on their plate and put up so much stuff in so little time. Even two weeks in, I'm just incredibly happy that they're back and producing content again. I could wait another month or two for a new Trailer Score show.

(This post is directed toward everyone doing this, bit I'm picking on you because it illustrates what's wrong in this thread)

This is the exact kind of attitude that needs to stop right now. This is so goddamn assumptuous and proves to me that we have a lot of teensagers or other young people that haven't really had to deal with reality in this way before.

We have no idea the personal situation of EZA. There is no point to assuming or speculating anything. Please, leave EZA to do what they please.

Let it go.

This kind of response is not fair. I asked a very simple question because it's relevant to their success and even my own life. My wife and I made a huge life change and I gave up my full time job and went back to school with a part time job. She has a part time job as well and we are making it and we are better for it. Some people are in the habit here of being needlessly offended for them, when in reality I have seen nothing but positivity towards them.

I'm not unsatisfied with their output and I'm just talking out loud on a forum regarding a Patreon where finances are a very real and relevant topic. No one is being their back seat life/financial driver. We collectively care about them deeply.

I would say the same to you. Let it go.

Why is Speed Racer the Videogame listed for Dumb Game Monday? Bosman's lack of research backfires

I've played the handheld version, it's a decent F-Zero clone with a dumb "car-fu" mechanic. Power Rangers Samurai all the way dude

Roubjon

I really hope Mind Jack wins for Dumb Game Monday. I remember seeing a trailer for that years ago and thinking it was hilarious.

To all the people talking finances and expectations based upon assumptions about the usage of those: please stop, let it rest and change the subject.

I know you are doing it because you care, but you'll feel better once youl stop thinking about that nonsense and join us again talking about the content the guys are pumping out.
As Kyle would rightly say, just enjoy.... the "experience".

Hasney

Why is Speed Racer the Videogame listed for Dumb Game Monday? Bosman's lack of research backfires

I've played the handheld version, it's a decent F-Zero clone with a dumb "car-fu" mechanic. Power Rangers Samurai all the way dude

image.php

Seriously though, pretty sure it's the Wii version that would be played though and yeah. It deserves to be on the list.

It's obviously not the old arcade game that I adored.

image.php

Seriously though, pretty sure it's the Wii version that would be played though and yeah. It deserves to be on the list.

It's obviously not the old arcade game that I adored.
Set myself up for that one

Fair enough. Figured a game based on one of the greatest cinematic achievements in the history of the medium itself couldn't possibly be dumb, but I haven't played that version

Grief51

Banned

"Dumb game Monday" doesn't mean it has to be a bad game. See G-Force for example. The idea behind the show is to learn to love a game which is "dumb" that no one talks or cares about anymore. Regardless of actual quality.

Hasney

Set myself up for that one

Fair enough. Figured a game based on one of the greatest cinematic achievements in the history of the medium itself couldn't possibly be dumb, but I haven't played that version

Without spoiling too much and betraying Dumb Game Monday, it has some awesome ideas but it controls horribly. I didn't even know there was a DS version, might have to try it if I can find it. Even seems to have reviewed alright.
"Dumb game Monday" doesn't mean it has to be a bad game. See G-Force for example. The idea behind the show is to play a game which is "dumb" that no one talks or cares about anymore. Regardless of actual quality.

That too actually. I think most movie tie in games would be allowed under that too, since even the good ones tend to slip under the radar during last gen, I think most of us assumed they were bad.

luchadork

They have never claimed this, and they have said that 50k is not enough money for them to work full time on this project. Pachter estimated they'd need about 50-75k for salaries during his last show, and another 25k for other expenses, and for once I think he's on to something.

25k a month for 'expenses'? 100k a year salary for each of them?

must be nice.

"Dumb game Monday" doesn't mean it has to be a bad game. See G-Force for example. The idea behind the show is to play a game which is "dumb" that no one talks or cares about anymore.
I wasn't totally serious, but my concern was more around it just being a racing game rather than an unforgettable narrative-driven campaign like G-Force or Chicago Enforcer

Grief51

Banned
I wasn't totally serious, but my concern was more around it just being a racing game rather than an unforgettable narrative-driven campaign like G-Force or Chicago Enforcer

I see what your saying. One of the best things about Bosman's show is laughing at the horrible writing. :) That is not going to be a thing in a racing game.
There is still potential for drama and laughs though. Like if Kyle gets passed right before the finish line or something,

Hasney

There is a story mode with the original movie cast voicing too.

EDIT: Misremembering I think. There's not a real story, the cast just quip during races

sora87

Feels like there's some issues with DS3 right now, at least on PC and I want that 60fps goodness. R&C is going to do me until it's patched up.

Typical souls then!

Thinking about the 2nd podcast, I kinda hope it's not named after something too inside jokey, it's been a pain tryna explain the easy allies name to people so far lol

Typical souls then!

Thinking about the 2nd podcast, I kinda hope it's not named after something too inside jokey, it's been a pain tryna explain the easy allies name to people so far lol

Just tell them that we're buddies who like to create a space for community. Don't have to go into all the backstory.

Hubble

Just tell them that we're buddies who like to create a space for community. Don't have to go into all the backstory.

I am sorry Bloodworth but the name is horrible and I am having the same problem with my friends that are casuals. I tell them about Easy Allies and they have absolutely no idea what it is until I say it's the GT crew. The name would get an F in a marketing class. You have to think of a name that is easily recognizable for a wide audience. See CNN - Cable News Network, Gamespot, Facebook, etc. A general audience can make some sort of assumption on what one of these outlets are. EasyAllies? People have no fucking clue. Your name will surely limit your audience, and what a marketing course would teach you. How the hell did you guys pass that name? It sounds silly. Go check out CNN. Hey Brian go check out Facebook. Compared to, hey Elyse, go check out Easy Allies. Must've been drunk.

I thought KindaFunnyGames was bad but shit, at least it is marketable.

I am sorry Bloodworth but the name is horrible and I am having the same problem with my friends that are casuals. I tell them about Easy Allies and they have absolutely no idea what it is until I say it's the GT crew. The name would get an F in a marketing class. You have to think of a name that is easily recognizable for a wide audience. See CNN - Cable News Network, Gamespot, Facebook, etc. A general audience can make some sort of assumption on what one of these outlets are. EasyAllies? People have no fucking clue. Your name will surely limit your audience, and what a marketing course would teach you. How the hell did you guys pass that name? It sounds silly. Go check out CNN. Hey Brian go check out Facebook. Compared to, hey Elyse, go check out Easy Allies. Must've been drunk.

Yes, because changing names now is definitely the smart move. Easy Allies is a fine name, I don't see why this is even something to complain about at this point.
Rooster Teeth, Funhaus, Kinda Funny, Cool Ghosts, Mega64, none of these explain what they are and they're all doing fine. Even IGN doesn't stand for anything anymore or make any sense.

Liamc723

I thought KindaFunnyGames was bad but shit, at least it is marketable.

If I was making a videogame website, the absolute last word I'd want in the title is "game" or "videogame".

Going off the Patreon, it's very clear that they do not need a marketing class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom