• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

i'm culling my other Patreon pledges and probably gonna up my pledge for EZA. really enjoy what they've been doing and i don't want them to get knocked off air again.

Except the stretch goal for 50K says:

A new HQ will mean we’ll be producing entertainment full-time.

Yes, that's what it says, which is not what you replied to. They are very unlikely to employ everyone full time at 50k. What they can do is employ some of them and get a real business going with some stability to it.

But enough of this money talk! Unless Easy Allies makes it our business, it's none of our business. If we don't like how they use our Patreon money, we can stop funding them. That's the power we have. No more, no less. Trying to figure out what they "should" and "shouldn't" do based on some imaginary budget is pointless, insulting, and a waste of a good thread.

Yes, that's what it says, which is not what you replied to. They are very unlikely to employ everyone full time at 50k. What they can do is employ some of them and get a real business going with some stability to it.

But enough of this money talk! Unless Easy Allies makes it our business, it's none of our business. If we don't like how they use our Patreon money, we can stop funding them. That's the power we have. No more, no less. Trying to figure out what they "should" and "shouldn't" do based on some imaginary budget is pointless, insulting, and a waste of a good thread.
Yeah, just speaking for myself here... but i've read enough EZA business plan fanfiction in this thread to last a lifetime.

ito007

Ben's podcast is really shaping up to be a good one from what they've been saying about it. I really got to play that FF XV demo first though

mishakoz

Edit: deleted I was being stupid.

llehuty

Whoa now, this is a company funded by the people. We are essentially shareholders. We absolutely should be talking about this.

For me, I have pledged some money and here are my thoughts. Minus streams, the current output comes to about 5-7 hours a week (Ian's show, Ben's podcast, EZA podcast, a couple of reviews, Hype, Tabletop, Im being generous) which isn't a whole lot. Many of those shows do not require scripting and minimal editing. So yes, I am left wondering where the team is spending their time, even if they aren't full time, I feel as if at this level we should be seeing a lot involvement from the whole crew.
I don't even know where to begin with. We have no idea of what responsabilities, side jobs, any of them have. And not counting the hours of streams is disingenious at best.

Some people in this thread...

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa now, this is a company funded by the people. We are essentially shareholders.

Funny I don't feel that way at all. For me it's just a different form of a magazine subscription(do people remember these?).
I pay as long as I like the content. If they go other avenues that I'm not interested in I'll unsubscribe(not that, that's likely cause I actually just want these people stay together and make cool stuff). I guess the amount of money people support them with per month is the deciding factor in how people feel on this?
-----------------------
I also want to mention that patreon doesn't need to be their only source, there's sponsoring if they can get some. Also KindaFunny takes promotion deals that they think are a fit.
-----------------------
Last but not least I've been refreshing the patreon for the last 30 min for ben's podcast.
*sadface*

Whoa now, this is a company funded by the people. We are essentially shareholders. We absolutely should be talking about this.

You're not essentially anything except a patron of the arts, and certainly not a shareholder. You're not even remotely near being anything that could resemble being a shareholder, even if you squint and turn your head a little and take drugs in the process.

You're awarding yourself a status you do not have. If you went into supporting Easy Allies with the wrong expectations, then that sucks for you. It doesn't change their responsibilities towards you though, and it doesn't give you any rights beyond not supporting them at some point in the future.

For me, I have pledged some money and here are my thoughts. Minus streams, the current output comes to about 5-7 hours a week (Ian's show, Ben's podcast, EZA podcast, a couple of reviews, Hype, Tabletop, Im being generous) which isn't a whole lot. Many of those shows do not require scripting and minimal editing. So yes, I am left wondering where the team is spending their time, even if they aren't full time, I feel as if at this level we should be seeing a lot involvement from the whole crew. That was essentially the goal of the Patreon yet I feel as if it is incredibly separated. Right now it should be noted that everyone seems to be getting separate equipment so that they can stream/record from their homes instead of going to Jones'.

However, this is only the first month still, not even. I am looking forward to seeing a concrete schedule and a plan going forward. I think what I am looking for most is a studio or studio setting regardless of the 50k goal because i think it is very important to "establish" them for non-patron audiences, especially drive-by's. Even Kinda Funny, even though its in one of their garage's, has a fake set. That's all I'm looking for.

I think EZA is a stellar group of people and the content so far has been amazing, but to me, Im a patron and fan. To others, non-patrons and the greater whole, I don't think the current content, minus the reviews, the content isn't as appealing. And those are the people (youtube drive-bys) that will sustain EZA in the long run, because the patreon is more than likely going to be front-loaded heavily.

Im just want to look out for EZA. I respect your opinion that we shouldn't talk about their financial status, but I want to see EZA last for a long time, I don't want to remain silent if I see issues or problems because Gametrailers died on much the same model.

edit: Note, I never said they should do this/that, i just want transparency and to know what they are planning.

Thats it, I'm unsubbing from this thread. Sorry bub, but just because you give them a few bucks doesn't mean you can make ANY assumptions about their business.

I'll go to the chat or the subreddit if I want to discuss EZA because they aren't armchair econmic analysts that somehow know what's best for EZA.

You aren't anything close to a shareholder, and its This exact entitled mentality that people don't think they have that is pissing me off so much.

sora87

Just remember, they never expected this, they thought at most they'd be streaming and doing 1 podcast a week. I'd say they've done terrifically well adjusting and getting as much content out in what's surely been an hectic and emotional first few weeks.
Their layout for content seems pretty solid too going forward.

Cup o Jones
Hype
EZA Podcast
Bosman at Home
Easy Update
2nd podcast every other week

Add the longer streams and reviews and we're probably getting more content than they did at GT. I'm more than satisfied with that and hopefully this thread can move past all this.

LiK

This is supposed to be a feel good place. Let's all calm down and enjoy the content we have now. We're still early into the EZA existence.

Hasney

Noones a shareholder.The point of Patreon is to simply say "I enjoy your shit, have some money". I mean, when you see the walls of text above, can you not see why Bosman wanted his show away from Patreon?

This is supposed to be a feel good place. Let's all calm down and enjoy the content we have now. We're still early into the EZA existence.

Damn right! Plus, they've been a helluva lot more upfront and quick with everything compared. Cup of Jones later today (probably morning for me) and I'm surprised by how entertaining the last one was.

is cup of jones coming to the main EZA channel or on his own channel?

Patreon only as it's a backers only show. All tiers though :)

UrbanRats

Thats it, I'm unsubbing from this thread.
Why so dramatic?

Anyway, while i don't really agree with the guy you quoted, the EZA folks are grown ups, they can handle a bit of criticism (warranted or not), i'm sure.

Let's not turn this thread nasty with some bullshit internet drama, please.

Everybody...calm the fuck down. :D
Things are amazing, everyone's having fun and enjoying what they do, Patreon is a HUGE success so far and I *really* don't want to see cynical, entitled GAF in this thread.
Peace & chill! (^.^)/

Axass

I don't get the drama from both sides.

Of course we're not shareholders, of course we don't know anything about their actual financial matters: that shouldn't stop us from discussing what we think of the current situation, certainly without being disrespectful towards them. Besides Brandon's been the first that wanted to be very transparent about everything involving EZA, he said so in the last Cup of Jones

That said, they're doing more than great so far, especially since it's not even a month and they're basically already on a regular schedule with shows and everything, so I don't really get the exaggerated worries of some of you. They're going to be fine in the long run: Patreon will rise, twitch subs keep adding up, external sponsors will come, there's Youtube monetization and they also seem to be selling lots of merchandise.

-----------------

Can't wait for that second podcast, I'm refreshing the Patreon since early this morning!

Vinc

I don't even understand what the drama is. People should discuss what they want to discuss, and have fun doing it. No need to set weird rules and limits for ourselves, this isn't The Final Bosman ;)

mishakoz

You're not essentially anything except a patron of the arts, and certainly not a shareholder. You're not even remotely near being anything that could resemble being a shareholder, even if you squint and turn your head a little and take drugs in the process.

You're awarding yourself a status you do not have. If you went into supporting Easy Allies with the wrong expectations, then that sucks for you. It doesn't change their responsibilities towards you though, and it doesn't give you any rights beyond not supporting them at some point in the future.

Yeah, Im sorry I said what I said. I just want to see EZA succeed, that's all. Im a patron and I can only hope for the best. Didn't mean to turn this into some weird discussion of behind the scenes details.

Edit: yeah I interned at GT so I guess I'm just sad I never got to go back there and get a job, probably never will. That's why I'm hoping for EZA to succeed.

Visceir

For me, I have pledged some money and here are my thoughts. Minus streams, the current output comes to about 5-7 hours a week (Ian's show, Ben's podcast, EZA podcast, a couple of reviews, Hype, Tabletop, Im being generous) which isn't a whole lot. Many of those shows do not require scripting and minimal editing. So yes, I am left wondering where the team is spending their time, even if they aren't full time, I feel as if at this level we should be seeing a lot involvement from the whole crew. That was essentially the goal of the Patreon yet I feel as if it is incredibly separated. Right now it should be noted that everyone seems to be getting separate equipment so that they can stream/record from their homes instead of going to Jones'.

That's about the same output they did when they were full-time GT employees. I don't think much is going to change in that regard and it might be best to let it go.

They're making a lot of puzzling decisions though tbh.

i'd like more graphics, like the scores for the bets floating overhead, maybe the name of each segment fading in and out (podcasts)

Green screen in the background with whatever graphics, or a virtual set kinda thing (all the stuff in brandons garage distracts me lol). also that tv they used to have on GT Time was way more important to me than i thought

Overall, i still love their content, i'll support it either way, just want everything to look cleaner

Vinc

The company is just over 2 weeks old and grew much faster than they anticipated. All things considered, I think their output has been phenomenal.

Hasney

Yeah, Im sorry I said what I said. I just want to see EZA succeed, that's all. Im a patron and I can only hope for the best. Didn't mean to turn this into some weird discussion of behind the scenes details.

Edit: yeah I interned at GT so I guess I'm just sad I never got to go back there and get a job, probably never will. That's why I'm hoping for EZA to succeed.

it's all good. now back to good vibes and hype!

When does it drop exactly? Or have they not said

is it today?

If it's not today (Kyle said maybe), we'll likely find out in Cup of Jones.

This thread really has a habit of disregarding its own title sometimes. Good vibes and good hype, guys. Even more respect to the EZA squad for staying consistently fun and positive despite being right at the center of this stressful new environment.

On topic, I watched Tabletop Escapades over the weekend and am pretty much immediately hooked. I didn't really watch the previous series, but this one is very fun already.

mishakoz

it's all good. now back to good vibes and hype!

If it's not today (Kyle said maybe), we'll likely find out in Cup of Jones.

Thanks, like I said I just want to see everyone on the team get what they deserve.

I'm watching through tabletop right now. When were the mice introduced? Im watching the spervance encounter and everyone is talking like this is the second time they have been introduced.

Hasney

Thanks, like I said I just want to see everyone on the team get what they deserve.

I'm watching through tabletop right now. When were the mice introduced? Im watching the spervance encounter and everyone is talking like this is the second time they have been introduced.

Oh man, I'm pretty sure they were in before that. When, I can't say.

Volotaire

With the release of the Rogue One, Fantastic Beasts and Suicide Squad trailers, it reminded me of how much I missed Trailer Score. Fantastic Beasts would be a very interesting one to analyse.

Burt

Tuesday Twitch Stream poll is up on patreon. . . Go R&C (I do not want to see salty Bosman two weeks in a row)

You know, I was really close to making it rain salt with a vote for Battleborn, but Space Chimps as taught me that no amount of hilarious spite can measure up to these guys playing a game they actually enjoy.

R&C it is

Lexad

Would have preferred battleborn if only because this is the same as quantum break in terms of a story based single player game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom