• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spman2099

I am stoked for all the content that is just over the horizon.

Yeah terrible name choice guys, how will you ever make it with a name like Easy Allies, worst move EVER.

/glances at Patreon page and monthly contributions

oh............

Ha, very true. It seems like all the initial criticisms have been squashed. I was very vocal about feeling like they sat on their hands too long. That they should have had the Patrion up way sooner. However, I can see now why they absolutely had to get more things tacked down and figured out before they could do that. Moreover, they were an amazing success, so I clearly was worried about nothing. I just really wanted them to succeed. I am so happy that, in retrospect, I was flat out wrong.

K.Sabot

Pretty sure there was a FGC show called Frame Trap that featured Jared Rea and Haunts (both og GAFers who don't post anymore).

edit: Found it.

It's now defunct though.

Also Haunts is now in charge for all the Capcom Pro Tour streams, what a legacy.

I laughed when I saw the name of the new podcast in my sub box. Not that I dislike the name or anything, but frame trap has to be the most commonly used joke phrase they've all said over the past few weeks. lol

I haven't watched the streams. What is frame trap a reference to?
It's a term referring to where you "trap" an opponent in an animation, keeping them from doing anything. Generally in fighting games.

The joke as of late has been "i don't understand any of the fighting game lingo" so they throw it out all the time as a joke

timmyp53

Well it's tuesday now here. No cup of jones or podcast. I'm going to sleep.
Edit: How wrong I am. Podcast just posted like a couple of mins ago titled: Frame Trap? Lol

I wonder if people will inadvertently come to this podcast looking up fighting game tactics. What's the story behind the name?

Edit: Must of been something in their streams lol. Night folks. I got some goodness to watch tomorrow XD

25k a month for 'expenses'? 100k a year salary for each of them?

must be nice.

That's not how salaries work. I started and ran a business with employees of my own for 3 years. It can be depressing how much money you spend on your employees with them only seeing part of it.

Ben, if you plan to do corrections in your podcast, the rumor is playable female character, not female link.

It could be female link, but it could also be zelda , linkle or another character, we just dont know.

Apologies for the less-than-ideal audio quality. We're in the process of getting better equipment. Should sound clearer on the second episode.

Apologies for the less-than-ideal audio quality. We're in the process of getting better equipment. Should sound clearer on the second episode.

Listening now, so far it's a pretty great podcast, it really finds a good balance with the other podcast. This is the kind of podcast I've wanted since the GT days, I like just listening to you guys chat. Any hope of getting Ian on in the future? I think he'd be a good mix.

wapplew

It's Ok producer Ben, maybe improve the title font a little too, match it with overall EZA design.
Still waiting for 720P.

Listening now, so far it's a pretty great podcast, it really finds a good balance with the other podcast. This is the kind of podcast I've wanted since the GT days, I like just listening to you guys chat. Any hope of getting Ian on in the future? I think he'd be a good mix.

Ideally, the cast will rotate every episode. I'm hoping to have Ian on next episode, but crazy things could happen which prevent his appearance. So what I guess what I'm saying is, we'll rotate as much as possible but it may not be an even split depending on schedules.

It's Ok producer Ben, maybe improve the title font a little too, match it with overall EZA design.
Still waiting for 720P.

I am absolutely terrible at graphic design. The podcast is my first stab at such a thing, so feedback like this really helps. I'll revisit the font for the next episode.

Ok, so I really like the podcast but I have one issue with it. It moves a bit too fast for my tastes. I feel like any time they got into talking about a game, the topic would change and then they would move on before they really got too on depth with it. Maybe it's just me but does anybody else feel that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom