• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I really like the podcast but I have one issue with it. It moves a bit too fast for my tastes. I feel like any time they got into talking about a game, the topic would change and then they would move on before they really got too on depth with it. Maybe it's just me but does anybody else feel that way?

A little bit. I was trying to put it into words but perhaps next time maybe it would be better if each member came prepared to discuss in detail one (maybe two) games. Being the first episode that got tripped up a lot I think because it went from what have you been playing lately to what have you been playing since leaving GT. I don't mind tangents, but it seemed like a lot of things were being thrown at the wall in the what have you been playing segment. Likely was just the result of a lot of games coming out in the time between that they never got to talk much about on air. I imagine that will improve. They did seem to get their feet under them much better after that first segment though.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Love the new podcast. Feel like it should be called Sidequests or something since they hop from topic to topic a bunch (which is a *great* thing). Audio quality is serviceable but I wouldn't complain if they all had mics. Although perhaps it's the informal atmosphere that makes it work so well. Keep it up Ben!

Edit: apparently, according to my YouTube recommendations, Frame Trap is also the name of iplaywinner's podcast. Just a heads up

dickroach

watching Pod2 now.

I like the song in the Doom trailer. "New Noise" by Refused. that band/album's super tight. not nu metal :\

SeanTSC

Frame Trap is such a great name. I absolutely LOVED that first episode, Ben. I popped youtube fullscreen on my 60" Plasma and just laid back on my couch and had a blast (like I do all EZA shows). Hottake slayed me.

The audio was alright for me, but that was possibly just my surround system and receiver doing work and compensating.

HOTTAKE!

I'm super glad you were all together for it instead of a Skype style podcast. It just brings so much more character out of you guys being all together. We need that just for Kyle getting up on the chair too.

Hasney

Frame Trap is such a great name. I absolutely LOVED that first episode, Ben. I popped youtube fullscreen on my 60" Plasma and just laid back on my couch and had a blast (like I do all EZA shows). Hottake slayed me.

The audio was alright for me, but that was possibly just my surround system and receiver doing work and compensating.

HOTTAKE!

I'm super glad you were all together for it instead of a Skype style podcast. It just brings so much more character out of you guys being all together. We need that just for Kyle getting up on the chair too.

Not finished yet (just up to the Zelda talk) but yeah, sound quality is alright, better than the first EZA main podcast. Got great headphones though.

Has been fantastic so far, can see the Bombcast influence where Ben is more of a Brad in the conversation than Kyle, directing it but being a big part of the conversation more than just moderating with the occasional opinion like Kyle does. Works really well, especially considering it was Bens first time doing it. Can't wait until next fortnight once this is done (dammit, you Americans should adopt that word).

shame huber doesn't like battleborn, i think its pretty fun

Yeah, I have been playing with my brothers and really enjoying it. I guess Oscar Mike rubbed him the wrong way, which is too bad because the cast of characters is so big that I know he would have enjoyed some of the other ones more. I hope the others at least give it a shot, because it has been a weird "this is a poor man's overwatch" thing with them, but the games are very different experiences.

Hasney

Yeah, I have been playing with my brothers and really enjoying it. I guess Oscar Mike rubbed him the wrong way, which is too bad because the cast of characters is so big that I know he would have enjoyed some of the other ones more. I hope the others at least give it a shot, because it has been a weird "this is a poor man's overwatch" thing with them, but the games are very different experiences.

It's at least 3 of the characters are just soooooo goddamn annoying and the problem is that it doesn't matter if you're playing them, if someone else picks them, I just don't want to be in the game. you can't even turn them down because then the game feels lifeless as the tolerable characters get turned down too.

It doesn't play great either mind you. The lack of feedback would be a huge thing to correct as you have no idea what's happening half the time unless someone has another quip.

I am sorry Bloodworth but the name is horrible and I am having the same problem with my friends that are casuals. I tell them about Easy Allies and they have absolutely no idea what it is until I say it's the GT crew. The name would get an F in a marketing class. You have to think of a name that is easily recognizable for a wide audience. See CNN - Cable News Network, Gamespot, Facebook, etc. A general audience can make some sort of assumption on what one of these outlets are. EasyAllies? People have no fucking clue. Your name will surely limit your audience, and what a marketing course would teach you. How the hell did you guys pass that name? It sounds silly. Go check out CNN. Hey Brian go check out Facebook. Compared to, hey Elyse, go check out Easy Allies. Must've been drunk.

I thought KindaFunnyGames was bad but shit, at least it is marketable.
I hate to dogpile, especially for a late post, but I can't keep it in. This is one of the most clueless posts I have ever seen .Nobody knew what the hell facebook was just by the title, what are you talking about? And names have been vague for a long time now what year do you live in?This makes me so angry I could punch my dog, nice going jerk

It's at least 3 of the characters are just soooooo goddamn annoying and the problem is that it doesn't matter if you're playing them, if someone else picks them, I just don't want to be in the game. you can't even turn them down because then the game feels lifeless as the tolerable characters get turned down too.

It doesn't play great either mind you. The lack of feedback would be a huge thing to correct as you have no idea what's happening half the time unless someone has another quip.

It's no Destiny, but weapons feedback is still an improvement over Borderlands. I also play with mics, but in a pary of only my brothers, so maybe that is why character quips don't bother me? I don't know, if feels like a lot of folks see this as "Randy Pitchfords new game" rather than a Borderlands take on MOBAs and kind of hated it from the jump. None of these complaints about weapons or humor are any worse then they were for Borderlands (weapons actually slightly improved), but those are "hits" and this is "dog trash." I guess Colonial Marines kind of left an impact.

Visceir

Hard to deal with that audio quality. Had to turn up volume whenever Ben was speaking and then lower it again whenever anyone else was speaking.

Better equipment for podcasting is a must.

Hasney

It's no Destiny, but weapons feedback is still an improvement over Borderlands. I also play with mics, but in a pary of only my brothers, so maybe that is why character quips don't bother me? I don't know, if feels like a lot of folks see this as "Randy Pitchfords new game" rather than a Borderlands take on MOBAs and kind of hated it from the jump. None of these complaints about weapons or humor are any worse then they were for Borderlands (weapons actually slightly improved), but those are "hits" and this is "dog trash." I guess Colonial Marines kind of left an impact.

Fair enough, but I never got too deep into either Borderlands either (or tried the pre-sequel). I remember laughing at Butt Stallion in BL2 for some reason, but the rest just grated on me. Running through the base in BL2 and hearing Claptrap dubstep *shudder*. But yeah, it does seem like a contingent of Borderlands fans aren't liking this either.

luchadork

Hmm, I use only the right side headphone at work. With both sides on it sounds better, seems like Ben's channel is split to the left side?

just tested it. youre 100% right (no pun)... cant believe you stuck with it for 2 hours lol. fucking trooper.

either way, ben said he's gonna have better audio for next episode.

wapplew

Hard to deal with that audio quality. Had to turn up volume whenever Ben was speaking and then lower it again whenever anyone else was speaking.

Better equipment for podcasting is a must.

Move Huber away from the mic could solve the problem, just put him at the side next time.

Hasney

Yeah, I noticed it on headphones with them being on different sides. Think they're using a biaural mic which sounds pretty cool... assuming you're using both sides of the headphones.

Hasney

its just the way its mixed? maybe put the audio to mono? i dunno. who am i? dr dre?

A biaural mic is basically a stereo mic, so when you listen to it, you hear the voice based on where they were positioned. No real mixing required, it's just there, but it does mean that whoever is on the far left and right will mostly come through one channel.

I really like it when watching the video and have headphones/a sound system so I'm using both channels, but I can see it being a bugger at work if you use the one channel.

Can someone explain to me what Frame Trap is about? Is it just another podcast? I saw it in my YouTube sub box and didn't watch as didn't have the time.

Hasney

Can someone explain to me what Frame Trap is about? Is it just another podcast? I saw it in my YouTube sub box and didn't watch as didn't have the time.

Yeah, it's a bit more of a discussion podcast focusing mostly on what people have been playing and some in depth discussions rather than the news-based podcast that the original one is. Still a bit of news discussed for a HOT TAKE too.

2nd podcast is my favorite show by far.

Ben/Grayfox, I wish I had friends to talk to passionately about games. Thanks for bringing this show to us. Just a ton of fun.

<3

Spman2099

I had no idea about Bandai/Namco releasing a video of a secret boss on their twitter. That is brutal. If I used twitter, and I saw some crap like that before I got to it in the game, I would be infuriated. Sometimes I feel like I am so far removed from the way marketing people think. They should be embarrassed.

Hasney

Cup of Jones goes into the part-time nature of EZA and stuff. Really well explained. Talking about Bosman at Home too.
I had no idea about Bandai/Namco releasing a video of a secret boss on their twitter. That is brutal. If I used twitter, and I saw some crap like that before I got to it in the game, I would be infuriated. Sometimes I feel like I am so far removed from the way marketing people think. They should be embarrassed.

Yeah, Bamco have been horrible with Souls. Glad they took a punt on it after Demon Soul's didn't do amazing, but their marketing is horrible.

El-Suave

The second podcast is great, the audio will get better down the road for sure and Ben is a great host as expected. I just wish they had something more comfortable to sit on. Those chairs don't look too comfy without a table to rest your arms on. Maybe there's a way to integrate a couch or an/some armchairs into the mix if Ben has any of those at his place.
Contentwise the crew has really stepped up in these first few weeks, I'm happy to be able to support that.

Yeah, it's a bit more of a discussion podcast focusing mostly on what people have been playing and some in depth discussions rather than the news-based podcast that the original one is. Still a bit of news discussed for a HOT TAKE too.

Think I only have time for one podcast, I'll trial this and see which one I'll listen to. Might be more inclined to this cuz of the focus of discussing games actually played. Thanks m8.

J-Skee

My podcast catcher needs to "catch" Frame Trap in the next 3 hours or it's going to be a long day.

And oh look, new Cup of Jones & holy crap, it's 26 minutes long. Uhhhhhh.....

Hasney

Hubers show is now called HUBER SYNDROME, but it might change again. Classic Huber.

Really awesome update, think it answers most peoples questions about Bosman, part-time nature and even the $50k goal. $50k means content will be produced full time, not the individuals being full time.

If you're paying a buck though, well worth a watch. Don't take my cliffnotes. Just getting the important point out there as it has been discussed so many times.

Another update from Cup of Jones
Their studio goal does not mean that they will all go full time. It does mean that something like GT Live could come back and that some of them may be full time but it is not full time for all of them. Content will be produced full time however.

Hasney

Going to dedicate some time to update the OP with all the show details once Huber Syndrome is up. We'll only be waiting on D-Files and Retrospectives then and we've had an update on the former from Damiani, so we should be in a place where most things are out there and we know the schedule.

wapplew

Please hit at 50k before E3 so we could have another magical E3.
That fans meeting live show tease...about damn time!

UrbanRats

Please hit at 50k before E3 so we could have another magical E3.
That fans meeting live show tease...about damn time!

At the rate it's raising now, it's impossible to hit 50k by June.

Still, i'm sure they'll have a great E3, and that should give them an ulterior bump, i think.
Barring any unforeseen disaster.

Hasney

At the rate it's raising now, it's impossible to hit 50k by June.

Still, i'm sure they'll have a great E3, and that should give them an ulterior bump, i think.
Barring any unforeseen disaster.

Even if they hit it today, they'd still have to rent a space and outfit it. I'd doubt it'd be ready by E3.

E3 2017 though? There's always hope.

Great podcast. I've wanted a more casual podcast from them for a while and that will fill the gap nicely. For improvements, I think El-Suave is right that the set could do with a couch to make it a little more comfortable and sorry, I do kinda get hung up on the name. It's not a big deal and I'm not going to go on about it like the silly discussion a couple pages ago but I guess I'm just used to names that play off of the company name (like Easy Update).

Surprising to hear some MGS4 discussion but, uh, did Kyle confuse the unnamed Eastern European city in MGS4 for London? Cause that's pretty silly. Ben's absolutely right on the Meryl/Johnny bullshit though, that was the worst.

So has Ben mentioned who'll be the regulars on it or are they going to constantly rotate the seats? Cause I kinda feel like since Kyle, Jones and Blood are all regulars on the EZA Podcast, it'd make sense for Huber and Brad to be regulars on Frame Trap (plus Ben, of course, it's his show). Then again, Kyle mentioned that Huber and Brad have a fairly long commute to Ben's place, so maybe that isn't realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom