• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

When Nintendo said "We're delaying the Switch until Spring because games"

They didn't mean "We're delaying the Switch until Spring to ensure a strong launch lineup"

They meant "We're delaying the Switch until Spring because otherwise there would literally be no games"

.. what was everyone who wasn't working on... Star Fox Wii U.. doing last year...?

WarRock

I am wary of Suda and Nagoshi having nothing to show (and the no details in multiple games in that reel), but...

The Switch is essentially shaping up to be the console I wanted, on a personal level. Fuck online subscriptions though.

jett

D-Member
No Wave Race.

I am sad.

And it'll be a cold day in hell before I pay a cent for any online service Nintendo shits out.

Kneefoil

Zelda only on the US stream makes me think the EU delay is real.

Wait, really? It wasn't in the Euro stream? The Switch has to launch with something. With Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey coming later in the year, they need Zelda to sell the system.

At least we can import it, if it does get delayed.

Hasney

Wait, really? It wasn't in the Euro stream? The Switch has to launch with something. With Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey coming later in the year, they need Zelda to sell the system.

At least we can import it, if it does get delayed.

Nah, it was Reggie talking about it. It's happening worldwide now after that trailer, pretty sure.

Burt

They had developers on stage

talking about the process of thinking up ideas

for games they might eventually start

and they still had a FIFA bit

Incredibly, I think I'm out at Launch. Probably will get one when Mario comes out. I was 95% ready to preorder one about 90 minutes ago.

I'm frankly astounded that's all they had to offer. $300, paid online and Pro controllers are $70(!!!). I love Zelda, but I'll wait. Luckily I'll have Horizon and Mass Effect around then to cushion the disappointment.

This thing launches in 48 days. They seemingly(?) have 2 launch games. No details on how the account system/virtual console/etc. will work. What have they been working on?!

Hah, why does Nintendo make it so difficult for me to love them!

Hasney

They had developers on stage

talking about the process of thinking up ideas

for games they might eventually start

and they still had a FIFA bit

If the developer of one of the biggest games in the world wants to be on your stage, you don't say no..

Spinx

300 $. 70 $ for a pro controller. Paid online.

Well, good luck.
KuGsj.gif

Hasney

lol, live pre-ordering.

I want my bed, but I need to get on this neon SKU. Only have a pre-order on the standard right now.

Burt

If the developer of one of the biggest games in the world wants to be on your stage, you don't say no..

When you're launching
in 48 days.
you definitely should.

"Nintendo Switch is also getting a version of the most pervasive sports game on the planet that is releasing 6 months after launch" isn't the marquee announcement you want in your major pre-launch show. At best, it's the sort of thing that'd be able to be glossed over in reviewing a more robust conference. In this conference, it's fluff on fluff.

It feels like they literally didn't have any other choice to fill those minutes. No BG&E2, no Raving Rabbids RPG, no Smash, no Pokemon Stars, no Bayonetta/DKTF ports, no VC comments, no details on the account system, none of the other numerous things that they should have had there -- just what's essentially blank space.

Hasney

When you're launching

you definitely should.

"Nintendo Switch is also getting a version of the most pervasive sports game on the planet that is released 9 months from now" isn't the marquee announcement you want in your major pre-launch show. At best, it's the sort of thing that'd be able to be glossed over in reviewing a more robust conference. In this conference, it's fluff on fluff.

It feels like they literally didn't have any other choice to fill those minutes.

They had plenty of choice, look at what didn't get announced but is coming out now. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Bomberman R, Ultra Street Fighter 2. You're lucky CoD isn't coming or they would have been there too.

Zelda only on the US stream makes me think the EU delay is real.
Everyone imports it, Nintendo suddenly announces they're reinstating region locking.

I've probably never been more hyped. I'm so in.

That's cool, it just wasn't what I wanted to see. I wanted a cheaper price, a solid launch lineup and a future lineup that could make me confident it wouldn't be months between releases like the Wii U. What we got was a handful of games, some of which are probably years away.

I also have no faith in their ability to deliver on a paid online service when they have yet to deliver an experience that even matches the PS3, let alone the Vita, PS4 or Xbone.

I'll get a Switch next Christmas with Mario and it will be perfect holiday jolly vibes.

Probably get Zelda on Wii U in the meantime. I hope that version of the game is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom