• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
49ae898657.jpg
Lol. I'm gonna have rewatch it since I didn't see their stream.

It's absolutely baffling to me that Nintendo could have thought that that was a good idea. It wasn't just mediocre, it was straight up awful. I was all in for Day 1 this morning and now I don't plan on buying one for years.

It feels like they're unwilling to critique some of the pricing choices here. Hop off the honeymoon fellas.

honeymoon? they are hardly hyped for this console lol

Honestly tuned out for ten minutes after Huber said "I'm not trying to be an apologist but..." and then followed up the dumb pricing with pure apologetics.

Are you watching the same stream? They are 100% not excited for this sytem

Hasney

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. I'm still so pumped. Just need to get an order on that neon version so I can sleep.

I think if you flipped Mario and Zelda releases and put 1, 2, Switch as a pack in and everyone would be fully on board.

Really though it comes down to what happens month 2-4 and then 2018. There can't by these huge dry spells again.

Pappasman

The problem is that all of the games looked really great, but the presentation itself was awful. Too much time on shit we already knew, no details on the system itself (OS, Store Miiverse), b a bunch of talking heads, etc.

Tbh if this this was a direct that went: intro, trailer, trailer, talking, system, trailer, trailer trailer, etc. it would have been way better. Just incredibly poor presentation. I saw more announcements on twitter after the presentation was over, than in the presentation.

My thoughts. After that reveal last fall I was ready to pre order it tonight. That press event was resurfacing every bad Nintendo vibe all over again

Once again they gut the current console lineup the year before the next. Gamers hope it means a strong lineup for the next console but it doesn't happen

They reveal and there's nothing but a great looking Zelda and Mario. And the Zelda was a Wii U game now held hostage by a new $300 paywall

The most abysmal first year lineup. No games are ready. its still not ready to show

Their presentation was lacking in a ton of info and that's fine if your console is 9 months out. Not less than 2.

That online setup is likely only free now because it's not fully built out and feature complete.

Accessory prices way too high. No Ethernet port?

In the end it's same old Nintendo. Nothing was learned. Another abysmal launch where the crown jewel was the 2015 Wii U game. Ugh

I will still buy it eventually for the great games they do make. But the earliest is this fall with Mario, a price cut and a good E3 showing of something

LycanXIII

I think if you flipped Mario and Zelda releases and put 1, 2, Switch as a pack in and everyone would be fully on board.

Really though it comes down to what happens month 2-4 and then 2018. There can't by these huge dry spells again.

1, 2, Switch being a full priced game is not going to sell well at all.

Watch the PSX conference and then watch this event and you can see what the problem is.

Nintendo is not in a vaccuum and personally I'm not paying 300€ (or more, who knows what the situation in EU is) just for Zelda. The competition is absolutely packed these next few months.

I said it in the other thread, I'll be there for Mario if they have a great E3 that makes me confident in 2018. For now I'm not seeing at all the fruits of combining console and handheld pipelines, just the continuation of what Wii U was.

ShadyK54

I felt my hype for the Switch spiraling downward almost in tandem with the crew there at the end.

There wasn't a lot (or anything, really) there to excite me or draw me in personally. Those trailers for Mario and Zelda were great, though.

I was ready to make the Switch super hard at the start of the stream, but now I think I'll hold off for awhile after launch instead of pre-ordering right away.

ito007

Anybody think E3 is going to be the event where they go all out with games? The lineup they showed us was so slim that there has to be more projects out there they can't show us yet.

wapplew

I think the presentation overall is great, good vibe, fun, nice pacing (drop a little when 3rd party talk), presenters have so much fun.
Content side, the high is super high and low is super low.

Biggest disappointment is the low effort from Japanese third party. I had high hope Switch will help Japanese games make a bigger come back.
Seems like they are not ready...

The problem for Nintendo, they are once again starting new gen when the others platform hitting the stride, which make a contrast against them.

Anybody think E3 is going to be the event where they go all out with games? The lineup they showed us was so slim that there has to be more projects out there they can't show us yet.
Nah that's what we always say. I think Nintendo's pipeline of exclusives is just really small.

I hope so. Problem there is that Sony and Microsoft will be guns blazing too (especially with Scorpio coming out, I feel like this will potentially be the last big push we ever get from Xbox.)

This was the time to strike, when they had the spotlight.

Axass

I can't believe how they fumbled this. The marketing (trailers, etc.) is spot on, Zelda and Mario are possibly game of the generation, maybe they'll compete for best game ever, but as for the rest...

- One year of almost nothing on the software side (2016) and you've got near nothing to show for it in 2017??? No big third party stuff? Skyrim isn't the updated version and comes out in the FALL!! Launch line-up has heavy-hitters such as I am Setsuna and Steep: it's the Wii U launch again.

- They announce a seemingly mediocre paid online service, yet they don't reveal specifics or prize. It's not even ready worldwide at launch!

- The system price is too high, but that alone could've been acceptable. $70 for a Gamepad Pro? $80 for a pair of joycons!!?? Zelda is freakin' $70, the mini-game thing, which should've been a pack-in, is $50!! Ultra Street Fighter 2 is $40!! Who are they selling this thing to with those prices? You can buy a PS4 Pro or a PS4 with a game for that price!!

- Nothing on Virtual Console, OS, interface, specs (that one was a given, but still...), region locking not completely cleared.

- Third party are either not really on board at all or severely behind in development due to late dev kits. I bet it's on Nintendo once again.

Here I am thinking "they must have kept games under wraps to announce them at a later date, possibly E3". I'm so stupid. Nintendo's just doing what they've done for the last few years: disappoint.

The nice thing about Nintendo combining their handheld and home console divisions is you can be even more confused when they barely have anything to show

Karu

I mean I get it, taxes and all that, but Nintendo doesnt play this game alone. Its not like they have the strength or market position (lol) to go the screw you-route and demand whatever.

Axass

I mean, here in Europe's basically €330 everywhere. We were promised $/€250 by the "insiders" for months.

It's almost €100 more, it'll be dead on arrival here. I'm so sad.

Leading up to the Switch I think everyone wanted to feel hopeful that Wii U was a misstep and they were getting back on track

The "cool things" announced in this conference are just the same sort of things they would've brought to Wii U. This console is literally "Wii U but better I guess"

Hey at least Suda wants to have death match strong style in the game he might make, hold on I gotta go preorder. Can't miss out on the ports this March

470 AUD one thread is saying...

Yeah, I just saw that and was about to edit my post. So it fits in between the Slim and Pro. Better than expected but still worse than it should be.

We probably won't get a NZ price today because it's too late but I'm sure we'll get a worse price even though our dollar is really strong. I vaguely remember the 3DS being more expensive than the 360 here for a while.

ito007

The nice thing about Nintendo combining their handheld and home console divisions is you can be even more confused when they barely have anything to show
This was kind of the angle I thought of during the conference. I mean, I still don't know of 99% of Nintendo's internal structure, but you would think there would be some more to show.

This year though we are getting a new Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario, so those are 3 high end games we can count on at least. We will see about 2018 and beyond though...

wapplew

Biggest take away, Switch is WiiU portable.
Zelda and Mario look super cool, but I feel we don't need Switch for those game, they can totally make it on WiiU, Switch bring nothing new except the portability.

Like all Nintendo handheld, I will wait second revision. Still hype, looking forward to E3 to give us bigger picture. I sure new Retro game and Pokemon will show up at E3.

P.S. Arms is the best game for the whole presentation, new idea, that's what I want from Nintendo.

Prompto

Banned
Is Street Fighter 2 seriously $40?

That's just insane. Now I'm starting to think Skyrim will be 60 bucks even though it's releasing 6 years after it first came out.

Hasney

Biggest take away, Switch is WiiU portable.
Zelda and Mario look super cool, but I feel we don't need Switch for those game, they can totally make it on WiiU, Switch bring nothing new except the portability.

Like all Nintendo handheld, I will wait second revision. Still hype, looking forward to E3 to give us bigger picture. I sure new Retro game and Pokemon will show up at E3.

From what they showed, that Mario is no way possible on Wii U. ARMS probably wouldn't be technically either running at 60fps, it looked pretty good.

Splatoon I think is on the same engine, which would make sense with the rumours about it just being a port anyway.

EDIT: I agree about Arms too. Love the look of that game.

wapplew

From what they showed, that Mario is no way possible on Wii U. ARMS probably wouldn't be technically either running at 60fps, it looked pretty good.

Splatoon I think is on the same engine, which would make sense with the rumours about it just being a port anyway.

EDIT: I agree about Arms too. Love the look of that game.

Technically sure.
But I'm expecting much more from Nintendo, something game changing. Which is why I choose Arms as game of the show. Joy con gimmick is super cool, I hope that more developers will support it, Virtual-On, Gundum, my imagination go places.
Still super hype tho, just a little down on Japanese third party support.

Edit: From EZA perspective, group stream going to have so much fun! Arms, Milk, Bomberman R, Poyupoyu Tetris, can't wait! No one bring more local co-op fun than Nintendo!

Prompto

Banned
Edit: From EZA perspective, group stream going to have so much fun! Arms, Milk, Bomberman R, Poyupoyu Tetris, can't wait! No one bring more local co-op fun than Nintendo!
Oh yeah Milk is going to be absolutely hilarious when they stream it. I was already cracking up just from their reactions to the trailer. Mario Kart 8 tournament should be great too.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Zelda and Switch on launch feels extremely tempting but the battery life info on that urrrgh(3 hours running breath of the wild).
I need to tell myself to wait until a second revision comes around with good battery life at this point I want the Switch to be my next generation handheld where I can play with friends on the go or alone. But for that it needs to at least double its battery life.

Edit: Aaaaargh it hurts so much that I'm not ready to make the switch. There is a possible future that I can see for this system that is so awesome like Monster Hunter on the go with friends and what not impromptu multiplayer games. Basically us getting a taste of Japans mobile gaming attitude. But the chances are so slim of that with what we've been shown......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom