• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wario64 posting some stuff on Twitter and I hope some of these prices are placeholders....

Minecraft 60$ Best Buy
The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth 40$ Gamestop

Then there's the SFighterII price as mentioned and the controller prices...

Nintendo targeting the ultra-rich confirmed.
Joke post? O plz tell me it is. Nintendo targeting their hardcore die hard for this thing. Who's paying$60 for Minecraft

Axass

They squandered all that goodwill they built since November. Again.

The prices in particular make me think they're outta their fucking mind. They act as if they were industry leaders! At least if you're selling an underpowered system, following up your worst home console failure, price it, the accessories and the games accordingly.

This is a big fuck you to the fans that stick with them all along.

"Leave luck to heaven" Nintendo: it's literally their name, maybe they should take that more to heart.

Sorry but I play Nintendo since I was 3 and I'm broken atm. :(

Maiar_m

They squandered all that goodwill they built since November. Again.

The prices in particular make me think they're outta their fucking mind. They act as if they were industry leaders! At least if you're selling an underpowered system, following up your worst home console failure, price it, the accessories and the games accordingly.

This is a big fuck you to the fans that stick with them all along.

"Leave luck to heaven" Nintendo: it's literally their name, maybe they should take that more to heart.

Sorry but I play Nintendo since I was 3 and I'm broken atm. :(
I understand the feeling. I'm a chump for the hybrid concept so I'll be evil and pay that awful price, but I understand the feeling. As I've posted in another thread:

The price of the Switch base unit and its accessories do make me think think it's going to fail, its relatively unappealing launch line-up doesn't inspire confidence and gamers' lack of love for what they perceive as "underpowered, handheld" games do make me think this one will fail as well....but clearly, I know nothing :/ Still, it feels so, so poorly thought out. The stars were aligned before the conference. Low-priced hybrid console with just enough power to make great hybrid games, games sold at Nintendo price (50$ max) and an emphasis on local multiplayer, helped by low-cost accessories and diverse SKUs (no need to buy two docks for one home). And they went the complete opposite way.

Ruruja

Zelda and Mario looked awesome and I'm not really a big fan of either franchise.

Xenoblade 2 looked pretty sweet too.

Everything else about the Switch I didn't really like. Pricing and such is all wrong, and I think it'll be a case of whether people buy it for the big Nintendo games, like the WiiU.

UrbanRats

They thought Milk was great, this is some next level shit

giphy.gif
Is this even videogames? Reminds me of that mega64 E3 1975 video.

UrbanRats

Don't you see?! THERE'S NO BALLS IN THERE. It's all TECHNOLOGY!
I mean maybe it's a neat tech and all, but... Their launch line up, especially if you have a wiiu, is really abysmal so far.
They needed way more than this, especially at that hilarious price.

sora87

Things got a little blue during that Milk discussion towards the end of the stream hahaha.

Respect to Ben for not getting too excited about the SMT stuff, he remembered how that worked out on the Wii U. I totally forgot and got too excited at first.

I think waiting for christmas is the best strategy for the switch now, by then we'll have Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey along with Zelda, maybe some bundles.

Maiar_m

Things got a little blue during that Milk discussion towards the end of the stream hahaha.

Respect to Ben for not getting too excited about the SMT stuff, he remembered how that worked out on the Wii U. I totally forgot and got too excited at first.

I think waiting for christmas is the best strategy for the switch now, by then we'll have Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey along with Zelda, maybe some bundles.

Inevitable "damn i've got too many Switch games to catch up on" ? :D
I hope :/

wapplew

I think people sleeping on hybrid aspect of Switch.
Many say they only use it dock, some say only use it on the move and no one want a hybrid.
It really sound very similar to how people dismissed iPad in the pass. Maybe a year from now, everyone want their console be hybrid.

From treehouse stream, it seems they really nail the details for a hybrid console, like instant to the go/to tv etc.
This could be a winning gamble for Nintendo.

I think people sleeping on hybrid nature of Switch.
Many say they only use it dock, some say only use it on the move and no one want a hybrid.
It really sound very similar to how people dismissed iPad in the pass. Maybe a year from now, everyone want their console be hybrid.

From treehouse stream, it seems they really nail the details for a hybrid console, like instant to the go/to tv etc.
This could be a winning gamble for Nintendo.
I'm not sleeping on anything. It's just not something I cared about in the first place when I already have an iPhone and iPad full of decent enough games to keep me busy on commutes.

The problem is that the hybrid tech is arguably what's going to price them out of relevance this holiday season.

Hasney

Handheld is the reason I'm getting a switch. I still find iOS/Android games that aren't emulated to be mostly garbage and even when we get a good game like FF6 ported, they fuck it.

If I can play Zelda on the train, wonderful.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Handheld is the reason I'm getting a switch. I still find iOS/Android games that aren't emulated to be mostly garbage and even when we get a good game like FF6 ported, they fuck it.

If I can play Zelda on the train, wonderful.

My main reason as well but for that I really need more than 3 hours of battery life.
Baseline is double that. At 8 we're in super comfortable territory where worrying about battery becomes an edgecase at least the way I use my handhelds currently.

Hasney

My main reason as well but for that I really need more than 3 hours of battery life.
Baseline is double that. At 8 we're in super comfortable territory where worrying about battery because an edgecase at least the way I use my handhelds currently.

Trains and buses around here now have charging ports thankfully. Otherwise, yeah.

wapplew

I'm not sleeping on anything. It's just not something I cared about in the first place when I already have an iPhone and iPad full of decent enough games to keep me busy on commutes.

The problem is that the hybrid tech is arguably what's going to price them out of relevance this holiday season.

I can see the reason, just think it could something we don't know we want until it's in our hand, like an iPad.

Massa

The Switch will definitely become my go to place to play indie games. The hybrid concept works beautifully there, and I love that it's even bigger than the Vita.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Trains and buses around here now have charging ports thankfully. Otherwise, yeah.

Damn that sounds super convenient(jealous) if we had that I would probably be less down on it. Meanwhile I just pay just under 50 bucks for a monthly student train ticket for trains that come regularly late and are generally shitty.

I am cry....

I can see the reason, just think it could something we don't know we want until it's in our hand, like an iPad.
I don't really sympathize with this argument of attack because while I get that some people didn't like the iPad reveal, I always wanted one after I saw it.

One interesting kink to your iPad comparison though that might prove analogous to the Swich is that the Great Tablet Craze seems to have been exactly that: a fad. The tablet market has declined for seven consecutive quarters, and ended the year 21.5% down year-on-year. Q2 of 2016 saw a 12.3% drop alone.

Which is to point out, that yes, we thought we wanted it but people have moved on because the tablet is (perhaps like the Switch) a jack of all, master of none.

Hasney

I think it's more that there's no point upgrading your tablet most of the time. I can't see a reason why I would ditch my Pixel C in the next several years unless they can figure out some weird feature.

I bet Android people who want a 7" tablet after the Nexus 7 are probably gagging a little bit now.

I think it's more that there's no point upgrading your tablet most of the time. I can't see a reason why I would ditch my Pixel C in the next several years unless they can figure out some weird feature.

I bet Android people who want a 7" tablet after the Nexus 7 are probably gagging a little bit now.
Sure, arguably because an old tablet can adequately perform the measly tasks that people want it for. A four year old iPad can adequately service as my eReader, my Sonos controller or my movie watching platform.

But it can't do much else that's useful or worth my time, which is why the sales of actual PCs have risen in the past two years! And looking at a Switch, I can see a similar fad potential where people buy in but then move on to more to more powerful and expansive hardware later.

Oh god, Huber is insufferable in that post-conference discussion. Exhaling the virtues of no third parties as if Nintendo can survive on just fanboys with his mindset lol. Seriously, his hype for anything and everything just becomes annoying and he fails to offer a critical opinion of anything. He'd be great at a marketing department tbh.

Hasney

Oh god, Huber is insufferable in that post-conference discussion. Exhaling the virtues of no third parties as if Nintendo can survive on just fanboys with his mindset lol. Seriously, his hype for anything and everything just becomes annoying and he fails to offer a critical opinion of anything. He'd be great at a marketing department tbh.

Huber was great and he was critical. He even gave the conference a D+ and has done several critical reviews.

Servbot24

Banned

Huber was pretty critical.

And 3rd party for Nintendo is over. It shouldn't even be a thought that enters people's mind.

wapplew

He didn't say Nintendo can survive without third party. For him personally, he buy Nintendo hardware for Mario and Zelda and Switch delivered.

Huber was great and he was critical. He even gave the conference a D+ and has done several critical reviews.

Literally everything he said sounded apologetic and Ben just had to keep bringing him back down to earth. I don't give a fuck if he's reviewed games, a chimp can provide a critical eye if they're tasked with reviewing a game. I'm talking about this conference and his inability to separate his fanboysim and myopic outlook when studying the proposition of the Switch. He comes across as so apologetic and he becomes a parody.

What's also hilarious is that you're also ignoring his whole attitude and only studying the arbitrary grade he gave to a conference.

When/if(?) I ever get the Switch, I can't imagine myself ever undocking it. Just never been a portable gamer and can't imagine starting now.

It just seems to me like it's grabbing the worst traits of the hybrid nature of this console. Docked - it's basically the "Pro" version performance-wise of the Wii U which was not impressive in 2012. And undocked - 3ish hours of battery life just seems dreadful. Both of these are bummers, but the saving grace could have been the price, but $300 is more than a Ps4 Slim (w/game) and the XB1S (w/game).

The added costs will be tremendous as well.
-Need to upgrade memory immediately as I'm digital only. 32GB is absolutely absurd for anything in 2017.
-Pro controller is $70. Ridiculous.
-Online subscription. No price yet and who in the world announces they will charge for online and doesn't announce a)the benefits to subscribing (virtual console?!?), b)the price and c) the online infrastructure.
-A game.

Hopefully that would be all i'd need and that's going to be like over $500(!)just for me to get started on this thing. Still, I wanted to want this thing so badddd and i'm shocked i'm not preordering. Mario looked outstanding and they'll possibly get me to buy one then. But yikes, i'm dumbfounded that they had so little software, so little answers and so much disappointing news for something out in a month and a half.

Servbot24

Banned
Literally everything he said sounded apologetic and Ben just had to keep bringing him back down to earth. I don't give a fuck if he's reviewed games, a chimp can provide a critical eye if they're tasked with reviewing a game. I'm talking about this conference and his inability to separate his fanboysim and myopic outlook when studying the proposition of the Switch. He comes across as so apologetic and he becomes a parody.

What's also hilarious is that you're also ignoring his whole attitude and only studying the arbitrary grade he gave to a conference.

for real? Bring it down a few notches.

Auctopus

See: Ratchet & Clank review.

I know where you're coming from but he's fine, the dude's initial reactions are always hyperbolic but he's got a level head. He's been audibly hesistant about Shenmue 3 recently which says a lot about where his hype levels eventually lie.

I don't give a fuck if he's reviewed games, a chimp can provide a critical eye if they're tasked with reviewing a game.

Dude, you really need to take a step back and get some perspective. If you're not happy with how the Allies are presenting then you can always just stop watching. It's quite clear that Huber's positivity isn't an act he can turn on and off - it's who he is, you can't fault him for it and if it frustrates you that much, then you can just ignore him.

Bahorel

Kyle you need to let go of that Rabbid rumor. This is the Mario game with rabbits in it. Nintendo wouldn't muddy the waters of Odyssey and its rabbits by also making another rabbit themed game with rabbids and Ubisoft.

Hasney

Kyle you need to let go of that Rabbid rumor. This is the Mario game with rabbits in it. Nintendo wouldn't muddy the waters of Odyssey and its rabbits by also making another rabbit themed game with rabbids and Ubisoft.

Dunno, I'm not ready to give up on that one yet. It's just too weird a rumor and then this was in the UbiSfot 30th video

If it's not at E3, I'll let it goooooo. But until then...

lol delete your account

Burt

Part of me is definitely leaning towards them knowing that they're going to sell out of these things until at least fall no matter what, so there's no point in going overboard with launch titles or future announcements when they could use them to fill up E3 and rekindle the waning excitement from launch.

The part of me that believes this is directly adjacent to the part of me that believes we still have a chance for Half Life 3.

Bahorel

Dunno, I'm not ready to give up on that one yet. It's just too weird a rumor and then this was in the UbiSfot 30th video

If it's not at E3, I'll let it goooooo. But until then...

Oh whoa I.... did not know about that. I do still think it would be bizarre to have two Mario games with rabbits in it in the same timeframe but that is a very interesting wrench you throw at my naysaying.

See: Ratchet & Clank review.

Dude, you really need to take a step back and get some perspective. If you're not happy with how the Allies are presenting then you can always just stop watching. It's quite clear that Huber's positivity isn't an act he can turn on and off - it's who he is, you can't fault him for it and if it frustrates you that much, then you can just ignore him.

Where did I say I was unhappy with how the Allies are presenting it? I'm being critical of something I felt negated from the overall show. You don't need to take criticism to heart. Your reasoning that if you don't like something don't watch is fucking dumb. Not everyone has to like every aspect of it, this is as much as a feedback place as it is somewhere where you discuss what you enjoyed.

It's amazing that somehow being critical of an individual is perceived as being unhappy with the whole of them. That's reductionist and offensive to them really. A lot of people are critical of Kyle's antics and I remember that betting thing and how he handled himself. Yet somehow, criticising the ever-venerated Huber and his nigh-gimmicky hype syndrome is a step too far. Sorry to rain on y'all's parade, but as an individual that contributes to patreon, I have as much a right to be critical as any of you here.

Anyway, are they revealing the results of the bets next week? That should be fun, because a lot of the supposed basic stuff they bet on didn't make it.

Massa

Where did I say I was unhappy with how the Allies are presenting it? I'm being critical of something I felt negated from the overall show. You don't need to take criticism to heart. Your reasoning that if you don't like something don't watch is fucking dumb. Not everyone has to like every aspect of it, this is as much as a feedback place as it is somewhere where you discuss what you enjoyed.

It's amazing that somehow being critical of an individual is perceived as being unhappy with the whole of them. That's reductionist and offensive to them really. A lot of people are critical of Kyle's antics and I remember that betting thing and how he handled himself. Yet somehow, criticising the ever-venerated Huber and his nigh-gimmicky hype syndrome is a step too far. Sorry to rain on y'all's parade, but as an individual that contributes to patreon, I have as much a right to be critical as any of you here.

You're not being critical you're just being an asshole. You should have realized that when the word chimp came out of your keyboard, heh.

I don't give a fuck if he's reviewed games, a chimp can provide a critical eye if they're tasked with reviewing a game. I'm talking about this conference and his inability to separate his fanboysim and myopic outlook when studying the proposition of the Switch.

No one says you can't be critical, but the community is about Love & Respect and you are taking a tone that directly conflicts with that. Don't be surprised when you get called out on it. It's not your message, it's your presentation.

Try presenting your argument in a less cunty fashion and I'm sure less people would have responded to you.

not really, people like you seem to be under the impression that if you give them money your opinion matter more than anyone else

like bruh you basically said a chimp could review a game, your opinion doesn't matter to anyone

like i said, delete your account

Axass

That is needlessly harsh. Seriously.

L&R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom