• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not being critical you're just being an asshole. You should have realized that when the word chimp came out of your keyboard, heh.

Try presenting your argument in a less cunty fashion and I'm sure less people would have responded to you.

Hmmmm 🤔😂

Anyway, that love and respect is a bunch of bullshit in my eyes. My intention with the chimp comment was how irrelevant saying he reviews games and is critical is to what I was saying. Hell, the fact he does that should allow him to pose a more critical eye to the damn presentation itself. I don't jive with a lot of Huber's antics, when it comes to conferences like this. On podcasts he's better, and Huber Syndrome just felt like Ubi marketing this week as well. The worst way to preview a game.

not really, people like you seem to be under the impression that if you give them money your opinion matter more than anyone else

like bruh you basically said a chimp could review a game, your opinion doesn't matter to anyone

like i said, delete your account

You fail at reading comprehension and are trying to sound edgy by using an outdated and frankly dumb Twitter response.

I said I have as much right to be critical. Not more. Do you understand the difference there, comrade?

Or shall I explain it like you're 5?

Auctopus

Anyway, that love and respect is a bunch of bullshit in my eyes.

Mate, do you really need to go there? I know it's just motto but I feel like it's something that's quite important to this thread and community. You've made your point, if Huber reads this thread, I'm sure he can pick up a few pointers from you. All people are asking is that you just try and be a little more polite in your criticisms.

Qx0JPzl.gif

UrbanRats

I'm surprised Kyle liked the Mario in the real world idea so much.
I thought it looked gross and off putting.
The forest level also looked waaay too realistic to gel with Mario's aesthetics.
The colorful food world was fantastic though.

Also another point, they kept saying how the two games it has going for it are Zelda and Mario, multiple times... but Zelda is coming to WiiU looking almost exactly the same, it's not something the Switch has as an exclusive.

If you have a WiiU there's VERY little for you to get on Switch, outside of Mario, especially in the first year.

Burt

I'm surprised Kyle liked the Mario in the real world idea so much.
I thought it looked gross and off putting.
The forest level also looked waaay too realistic to gel with Mario's aesthetics.
The colorful food world was fantastic though.

Also another point, they kept saying how the two games it has going for it are Zelda and Mario, multiple times... but Zelda is coming to WiiU looking almost exactly the same, it's not something the Switch has as an exclusive.

If you have a WiiU there's VERY little for you to get on Switch, outside of Mario, especially in the first year.

Yeah, I'm sure it's been said a bunch in other threads (which I've been staying out of because I'm sure they're just shitshows at this point), but the first thing I thought of when I saw Mario in the real world was bad Sonic. And the "real people" running at 15fps far away and looking like mannequins up close ain't helping.

I think it still looks good, but it's despite the weirdness, not because of it. Dapper Bowser looks pretty legit though.

Hmmmm 🤔😂

Anyway, that love and respect is a bunch of bullshit in my eyes. My intention with the chimp comment was how irrelevant saying he reviews games and is critical is to what I was saying. Hell, the fact he does that should allow him to pose a more critical eye to the damn presentation itself. I don't jive with a lot of Huber's antics, when it comes to conferences like this. On podcasts he's better, and Huber Syndrome just felt like Ubi marketing this week as well. The worst way to preview a game.

Wow so you're hating on love & respect as well? Now I know that you're just a personification of your avatar

Wow so you're hating on love & respect as well? Now I know that you're just a personification of your avatar

The irony. You really lack self-awareness don't you?

Love and respect is an empty signifier. You're just using it to retain a bubble that I've seemingly burst by criticising Huber. It's okay, things you like can be critiqued. Don't take it so personally. You're acting like a child by the way, similar to Yuffie. See, two can play at this game.

Auctopus

As has been said multiple times, it's not the critique that is bothering people, it is the nature in which you are expressing it.

Love & Respect could be seen as an empty statement but it allows the this thread (and wider community) to communicate emotively between each other but at the end of the day remain knowing that what has been expressed is out of love and respect and has never been meant out of spite towards the person you are talking to or the content/Ally you are talking about.

It does get heated, whiney and petty in this thread sometimes but having a statement like L&R allows us to retain a friendly atmosphere at the end of the day which I believe means it's not an empty statement or meaningless.

So, yeah. Nobody's against criticisms (it's how people improve), its that you expressed it with statements like (paraphrasing) "any monkey can review a game".

Axass

Have you considered that, maybe, this is not the right place for you then?

The irony. You really lack self-awareness don't you?

Love and respect is an empty signifier. You're just using it to retain a bubble that I've seemingly burst by criticising Huber. It's okay, things you like can be critiqued. Don't take it so personally. You're acting like a child by the way, similar to Yuffie. See, two can play at this game.

I'm completely against an echo-chamber environment, but have you considered that maybe you weren't simply criticizing Huber, which would have been fine, but also being disrespectful?

N° 2048

SprachBrooks, wow.

Someone needs to give you a hug dude. I'm sorry for whatever you've been or are going through...

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

Have you considered that, maybe, this is not the right place for you then?

No because I still appreciate their work and can engage in discussion about other aspects. The way it's used in this context is irrelevant to me, for it doesn't negate from my criticism of Huber. I see it as a tool through which to muddle criticism. But as Auctopus stated, the community rests on this empty signifier wherein meaning to it can be implanted. Used in various ways and transient applicability. Nevertheless, it's evident that I'm hardly the only one being an asshole in my expressions — responses have hardly been conducive to discussion because the initial criticism ruffled feathers a little too much.

Huber, if you read this, I'll be honest: your shtick becomes tiring after a while, and I think you should attempt to tone it down a bit. Otherwise, the content you produce — the content the Allies produce — is worth the support and provides great enjoyment to myself and the community.

Signed,

Love and respect.

sora87

Do y'all really think Xenoblade 2 is hitting 2017 then? For the type of games they are, 2 years seems like an awfully short dev time even if they had an engine already set.

It's only that and Mario Odyssey I'm really interested in for now, I'm leaning to playing BotW on Wii U tbh. Splatoon 2 MP being behind a paywall puts me off it.

SprachBrooks, wow.

Someone needs to give you a hug dude. I'm sorry for whatever you've been or are going through...

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

This is absolutely disrespectful and the antithesis to the L&R community you purport to foster. Why does someone need to be going through a personal situation to be critical; somehow there must be something wrong with me to dislike something? How is this in anyway shape or form respective of the community you foster. It comes across as concern trolling, reductionist and completely prejudicial.

Do y'all really think Xenoblade 2 is hitting 2017 then? For the type of games they are, 2 years seems like an awfully short dev time even if they had an engine already set.

It's only that and Mario Odyssey I'm really interested in for now, I'm leaning to playing BotW on Wii U tbh. Splatoon 2 MP being behind a paywall puts me off it.
Hell no, 2017 in Japan, maybe, but honestly I don't think so. Best guess:

Early 2018 JP
Late 2018 WW

This is absolutely disrespectful and the antithesis to the L&R community you purport to foster. Why does someone need to be going through a personal situation to be critical; somehow there must be something wrong with me to dislike something? How is this in anyway shape or form respective of the community you foster. It comes across as concern trolling, reductionist and completely prejudicial.

you literally don't get it or choose not to. multiple people have explained to you why people are headbutting with you so much and you choose to ignore it.

I suggest everyone put this guy on your ignore list as to avoid anymore headache from him

WarRock

Yeah, I'm sure it's been said a bunch in other threads (which I've been staying out of because I'm sure they're just shitshows at this point), but the first thing I thought of when I saw Mario in the real world was bad Sonic. And the "real people" running at 15fps far away and looking like mannequins up close ain't helping.

I think it still looks good, but it's despite the weirdness, not because of it. Dapper Bowser looks pretty legit though.
I don't think Mario looks bad (in motion), but dem jaggies were the first thing I noticed when the trailer started.

Gigarator

So my overall feeling after watching the event is... Nintendo is simply going to carry on being Nintendo... and that makes me sad. The Switch seems set up to be yet another console you'd buy solely to play the first party games and the odd third party offering that's exclusive to it. I was hoping it would have a stronger third party showing than it did, that whole FIFA thing with EA not committing to proper fully fledged entries in the series paints the whole picture, they don't believe in the system so why would I?

It's not even worth mentioning the online service, hell they barely bothered to themselves and the little bit of messaging we did get is convoluted at best and that speaks volumes.

I've put in a tentative pre-order for this thing but I very much doubt I'll go through with it as the price for just the console, a pro controller and Zelda is too high to justify right now. I hope some info trickles out in the next few weeks that will make it an easier buy, but it's looking bleak. I really don't want to spend so much money on something that looks set to be another Wii U.

In other news i think it's cool EZA got invited out to try out the switch and actually went. Another sign of growth and presence.

Look forward to Blood cracking out the notebook and giving impressions

ShadyK54

In other news i think it's cool EZA got invited out to try out the switch and actually went. Another sign of growth and presence.

Look forward to Blood cracking out the notebook and giving impressions

Next podcast should be good.
(or a separate discussion video? Maybe hopefully?)

abrack08

He agreed with pretty much all the criticism and said it was basically business as usual; Mario and Zelda and nothing else. If that bothers him a little bit less than the other allies resulting in his score being a little higher... Who cares?

I find it hard to blame him; overall, the conference was bad, but that Zelda trailer was a legit 10/10 trailer for me. I might have been riding high for the first part of the post show as well.

He said B- .

I believe he went down to a C+ by the end of the stream.

Hasney

I'm agreeing with Dan over at Giant Bomb the most right now after he got back from playing it.

"It's Nintendo business as usual, but instead of just having a game at launch and then one by the holiday, I get Zelda, Mario Kart, Splaroon and Mario all in one year with maybe more! Nintendo have never had a first year like that!"

Zanzura

No because I still appreciate their work and can engage in discussion about other aspects. The way it's used in this context is irrelevant to me, for it doesn't negate from my criticism of Huber. I see it as a tool through which to muddle criticism. But as Auctopus stated, the community rests on this empty signifier wherein meaning to it can be implanted. Used in various ways and transient applicability. Nevertheless, it's evident that I'm hardly the only one being an asshole in my expressions — responses have hardly been conducive to discussion because the initial criticism ruffled feathers a little too much.

Huber, if you read this, I'll be honest: your shtick becomes tiring after a while, and I think you should attempt to tone it down a bit. Otherwise, the content you produce — the content the Allies produce — is worth the support and provides great enjoyment to myself and the community.

Signed,

Love and respect.

This criticism has been brought up multiple times before and has been addressed countless times. It gets really tiring to explain it every time it comes up. It's not a shtick. This should be pretty clear if you've consistently watched anything Huber is in from Tabletop to practically every stream he is in. I recall Brad explaining this before and I can't be assed tracking down that stream/video down for his explanation which holds far more weight than your impression of him. They're childhood friends, I believe him when he says that Huber is naturally that excitable but eventually calms down and has a better formed opinion. I don't think you were paying nearly enough attention in that Switch post-show discussion because he gradually shits on Nintendo for their past and after his initial hype wears off as the group discusses it. Huber does this all the time, asking him to stop being himself is a really strange thing to ask and would really ruin the crew's dynamic.

Tabletop sure as hell wouldn't be as fun.

Also that chimp comment came off really aggressive, and basically what everyone took exception to. If you can't see that then I don't know what else to tell you.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'm agreeing with Dan over at Giant Bomb the most right now after he got back from playing it.

"It's Nintendo business as usual, but instead of just having a game at launch and then one by the holiday, I get Zelda, Mario Kart, Splaroon and Mario all in one year with maybe more! Nintendo have never had a first year like that!"

So because Nintendo has a couple historic game series which are coming out soon, you're excusing all the garbage surrounding this event?

Hasney

So because Nintendo has a couple historic game series which are coming out soon, you're excusing all the garbage surrounding this event?

The price is well within my budget and I want to play those video games. I'm not sure why it would be any more complex than that?

Servbot24

Banned
The price is well within my budget and I want to play those video games. I'm not sure why it would be any more complex than that?

That's obviously fine, but I just can't spend money on things that don't make sense even if I can afford it. Nintendo is asking me to buy a new console to only play Zelda instead of buying Zelda Wii U, Nier, Horizon, Persona 5, REVII and Ni-Oh for the same price.

Zomba13

EZA OT, where "Love and Respect" means "Fuck you lalalala ignore list!" to anyone that doesn't like a thing you like.

Hasney

That's obviously fine, but I just can't spend money on things that don't make sense even if I can afford it. Nintendo is asking me to buy a new console to only play Zelda instead of buying Zelda Wii U, Nier, Horizon, Persona 5, REVII and Ni-Oh for the same price.

Sure, but I could have used that logic on the PS4 too with all the cross gen games, but I didn't and got one anyway. It's not going to drop in price before MK8 or Splatoon 2, so I may as well get one now and enjoy Zelda the best way possible. I'm not getting the most of the PS4 games because between that, Yakuza 0 and Persona 5, I can wait for some price drops.

I've pretty much gotten all Sony and Nintendo hardware on day 1 since the GameCube and PS4 respectively if you include the Pro and PSVR.

EZA OT, where "Love and Respect" means "Fuck you lalalala ignore list!" to anyone that doesn't like a thing you like.
I bet you won't actually respond when people point out that criticisms happen all the time in this thread and the allies respond to it.

people just don't like when posters act like huge cunts.

ito007

I'm honestly kind of shocked how down some people were on HD rumble. It sounds like an honest improvement that could be used really well with gameplay. I mean if it's the lack of faith in Nintendo to properly make it, I guess that sounds fair. However, unlike the first motion controls with the Wii, I think we can give Nintendo a little more faith in the rumble capabilities they've worked on for years.

Zomba13

Can we just talk about games and stuff

No it means don't come in and be an ass. You can criticize the crew and we can discuss but not in the way he did it.

I bet you won't actually respond when people point out that criticisms happen all the time in this thread and the allies respond to it.

people just don't like when posters act like huge cunts.

He went too far with the "chimps can review games" thing but other than that he just doesn't like Hubers over the top enthusiasm about everything all the time and how it can be tiring. The rest of the Allies are generally pretty positive about most things too but he didn't criticise them.

OTs usually just end up in circle jerks about the product and that just annoys me because then any negative opinion gets shouted down and told to go elsewhere. There was a fair amount of "hey guys, love and respect!" when people were annoyed/disappointed/fed up with the Bosman bet trolling where if you don't like that then you obviously hate them all and should go somewhere else.

Servbot24

Banned
I'm honestly kind of shocked how down some people were on HD rumble. It sounds like an honest improvement that could be used really well with gameplay. I mean if it's the lack of faith in Nintendo to properly make it, I guess that sounds fair. However, unlike the first motion controls with the Wii, I think we can give Nintendo a little more faith in the rumble capabilities they've worked on for years.

It sounds like a really cool feature, I think it was just the really strange presentation of it that was in line with the whole presentation. There was honestly enough information in the conference that it could have been a pretty killer 30 minute Direct with better presentation.

I'm intrigued by it actually. But I think it's something you have to try. But I've been wanting an evolution of rumble for a couple generations.

Speaking of rumble. Remember how PS3 launched with no rumble due to the lawsuit? Man that was a mess of s launch. Oddly enough the OG PS3 ended up being the best hw version.

Tankard

I think so too, have said that here repeatedly, that being said, the guy criticized Huber while being a complete ass and overly aggressive. Not that if he wasn't he wouldn't be met with some rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom