• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Fun video, hilarious to me that they made them play the games in tablet mode. That can't have been the standard for the whole event?

Nah, there were different form factors throughout. The Zelda one was the one that actually let you stat on TV and take them out.

-shadow-

I've been thinking lately about Mandatory Update and wanted to rewatch it, but the playlist on YT is a mess and I can't find the correct release list. Anyone who has the correct listing? :(

Ben, you're really good at world building. This new city seems like it could have been a new location in A Song of Ice and Fire or something like that. Some Avatar the Last Airbender vibes too.

Also, the reveal of the 2017 Switch 2017 Betting Showcase winner was a 10/10

Servbot24

Banned
Prove It ticket should override Final Word, because otherwise the Final Word can be used to override the Prove It ticket every single time.

jett

D-Member
Counting switch as a rhyme was some bull shit.

Also, no Bosman/Huber betting for E3 is literally a travesty and I'm actually kinda ticked about it. It's tradition, it won't be E3 without it.

I would suggest they keep with the wrestling theme and break off and make their own special. A "Smackdown" if you will, with the main betting special being the "Raw". I dunno, there's a lot to work with there. Also means more content for us and we don't miss out on Huber v Bosman at E3.

Please? <3

Ultima Brad winning worked out pretty well so let's see how this shakes out.

Axass

Ultima Brad winning worked out pretty well so let's see how this shakes out.

For real. Everyone at EZA is very talented, I want each of them to get their time in the spotlight: Huber VS Bosman would get stale after a while. Blood was perfect in the betting results, can't wait to see him against Ultima for E3.

Double post but I thought there was a good idea in Hasney's thread:
They could have 2 matches. Blood vs. Brad for the cup, then the others compete in a Battle Royale for the Money in the Bank. That way everyone is still involved.

Seeing as we only get three regular betting specials a year (E3, TGS and TGA/PSX) and maybe another one if something special happens like the Switch event, I think it'd be a cool move to not only get everyone involved but also make sure there's always a number one contender (they got kinda lucky with the Switch special this year). Though it would probably take a lot more time to do, so maybe it isn't a realistic option.

Szeth

Double post but I thought there was a good idea in Hasney's thread:

Seeing as we only get three regular betting specials a year (E3, TGS and TGA/PSX) and maybe another one if something special happens like the Switch event, I think it'd be a cool move to not only get everyone involved but also make sure there's always a number one contender (they got kinda lucky with the Switch special this year). Though it would probably take a lot more time to do, so maybe it isn't a realistic option.

I'd be down for this as well. Or have tag team matches. Like I said, there's a lot they could do with the wrestling theme. As much as I'm looking forward to Blood vs Brad I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed if that's all we get for E3.

For real. Everyone at EZA is very talented, I want each of them to get their time in the spotlight: Huber VS Bosman would get stale after a while. Blood was perfect in the betting results, can't wait to see him against Ultima for E3.

And this is just impossible :p

Piichan

Banned
Sweet, finally got one of my questions read in L&R. It was the one about gaming history, glad it lead to some interesting stuff.

Karu

I would go completely against Ben on "Rate the significance". Put niche title Xenoblade 2 way down and Arms sits right, potentially even on 3. If we go in regards to success, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, probably is more significant than any of them.

Also: Sped up Brand manager is even better, haha.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Damn new FE in May. Never finished up revelations cause I got overdosed on playing FE finishing both Birthright and Conquest one after the the other with everyone alive at the end. I think I stopped around mission 12 of Revelations. Still don't feel ready to jump in again but the idea of FE is always fun.

Final Bets:

Okay I'm mad, Damiani's shenanigan trolling reasoning for Don's bet triggered me. Ian was robbed.

Cold Blooded is a menace tho. Watch out Ultima.

Today's TTE was awesome. I look forward for what's to come of this town. Way Ben set it up the guys could be here for some time. Love that the people there are no bs so maybe that will keep them from destroying it.

El-Suave

Nah, no need for jobbers. They'll just be in either Cold Blooded or Ultima's teams.

If they want to further the grudges between the personas instead of Don's bet being worth more points, they could have the Allies apply for each team before they're chosen (which might not align with the selection making for uneasy alliances) and one team member may suggest a "grudge bet" to hurt the other contender.
Anyway - Kyle should work on the team aspect for E3, like he did for the current rules, so that there are stakes for every team member, not just the contenders for the title. Have a little Easy Allis civil war.

Hasney

If they want to further the grudges between the personas instead of Don's bet being worth more points, they could have the Allies apply for each team before they're chosen (which might not align with the selection making for uneasy alliances) and one team member may suggest a "grudge bet" to hurt the other contender.
Anyway - Kyle should work on the team aspect for E3, like he did for the current rules, so that there are stakes for every team member, not just the contenders for the title. Have a little Easy Allis civil war.

Oooo, now this I like.

New Bosman, the Power of Unreleased Games.

https://youtu.be/9bV8bZ053Aw

Inherently evil for announcing a videogame early?! Seems like a hot take Kyle would normally make fun of.

Regardless, I think I've come around on early announcements over the last few years. First because it usually beats the leaks. Second because it's nice to look at the horizon and see a dozen games I'm really excited about. And third because honestly, who cares? Most blockbuster movies seem to be announced before there's even a script these days, the insistence on keeping videogames secret is really weird from the outside looking in.

I still haven't watched the podcast yet, gonna have to do it tomorrow.

Edit: On second thought, I'm not okay with early announcements if all they've got is a dumb CG trailer. Just go home if that's all you've got.

Karu

Inherently evil for announcing a videogame early?! Seems like a hot take Kyle would normally make fun of.

Regardless, I think I've come around on early announcements over the last few years. First because it usually beats the leaks. Second because it's nice to look at the horizon and see a dozen games I'm really excited about. And third because honestly, who cares? Most blockbuster movies seem to be announced before there's even a script these days, the insistence on keeping videogames secret is really weird from the outside looking in.

Totally agree. I dont care about the reveal date. OFC there are Casey e.g. Andromeda where the subsequent marketing is a dumbster FIDE, but whatevs.

Edit: On second thought, I'm not okay with early announcements if all they've got is a dumb CG trailer. Just go home if that's all you've got.
I think he was talking about stuff like Phantom Dust and Scalebound in particular, where you're just shoving crap out there to make yourself look better. I guess you could even lump Zelda U into that category, it's pretty scummy if the game never comes out in the state you advertised it.

Anyway, I was a little unsure about my two Switch preorders, but after listening to that song? Good purchase as far as I'm concerned.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up on the cold steel stream part 2.

Man really just hits home that a lot of the trails' part one games narrative arcs could be described with exponential functions. A weakness admittingly but also a strength in some/a lot of ways. I do think that in some way you can make a lot of little adjustments that could add up to make trails games feel tighter overall while still maintaining the benefits that come with letting a story breath a lot.

There's like an interesting but hard to have discussion with the type of games that ask players to invest in them(dark souls, mobas, trails, etc) and all these games kind of subvert certain attributes that a lot of times would be generally regarded as bad design/writing/etc and transform them into their strengths.
And I always find it hard to think about how much can you hold back on (change/dance around) these attributes that give bad first impressions to help people ease in into these counter intuitive concepts without a game losing its defining essence.

It often kind of ends with "I totally understand why you're not into it"(which is fine but kind of a boring conclusion :-x). It's just hard to kind of pitch a game with the asterisk "but you have to invest into it". I guess that's why I kind of dig people like Damiani trying to play stuff out of their comfort zone to completion it brings interesting perspectives.
-----------------------------------
Yakuza 0 review question little bit spoilery
Conscious decision to omit mentioning the fourth secret style for each character? Reason I know about them is from the "Your next favorite" series from HyperBitHero which is part of something similar to a retrospective on Yakuza. Which excellently summarizes all games in the series.

Yakuza 0 review question little bit spoilery
Conscious decision to omit mentioning the fourth secret style for each character? Reason I know about them is from the "Your next favorite" series from HyperBitHero which is part of something similar to a retrospective on Yakuza. Which excellently summarizes all games in the series.

Yes, it was an intentional decision. Zero reason to ruin that for people.

Ultimadrago

I watched the Yakuza 0 review and as someone that will be joining as a newcomer next week, I just get more excited!

The sidequests in particular sound like they've had thought put into making you interact with personalities on various levels. This makes me really look forward to trying it out.

Kneefoil

That Pokémon Snap stream was one of the more frustrating things I've seen in a long time. I know that game all too well. I often just want to back seat game while watching it and tell the allies to do something they're not doing.

Still fun though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it was an intentional decision. Zero reason to ruin that for people.

Interesting, I think I probably agree. That said as someone that already knew but also isn't generally all that bothered by gameplay spoilers a lot of times(exceptions always exist) it just made me stop and wonder if that's like a thing where a reviewer kind of would stop and consider between preserving the surprise or giving a more accurate picture on how extensive the combat can be. But yes I feel like I can see that preserving the surprise is probably more valuable given that if you've not been convinced at that point, one more style isn't going to be the thing that tips people over to try the game.

That Pokemon Snap stream was the best one yet for me. The thrills just keep coming! So funny. Looked like everyone had a surprisingly great time with it. Glad to see.

Anyways, this one and the Mario Kart 64 stream... Gold. Keep reaching back for those old Nintendo games, guys. They seem to make for some jolly times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom