• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

Kudos and MUCH love & respect for Ben to mention his desire to learn about non US gaming origins in the podcast. I "called them out" once here in this thread for that, and Ben took that comment much more personal than it was meant, so I felt guilty for bringing it up. What a guy to keep that in the back of his mind and addressing it after so many weeks. It's so good that EZA is allowing guys like Ben and Blood to stay in the industry.

Naythan

I have to say that while I think Ref Damiani's "rhyme" call was horrible, he is still technically correct. That technicality makes my blood boil!

Karu

Got GR2 early from Amazon. But tooo tired from work to play tonight. But tomorrow after work I jump in for a weekend of fun
I'm four hours in and it's amazing so far. Takes a lot of time to practice the controls and getting used to all the options you have, traversing the world, but it is worth it. I'm a bt worried that GR2 won't feel as cohesive and compact as Remastered, but at least it has a more robust world with lots of fun things to do here and there. The online features are also kinda neat!

Axass

Gundam stream was cool. Also seemed to hear Brad say that "Berserk is tuesday", so the anime podcast is either going to be filmed or posted that day.

Deimo5

What is the file size for Yakuza 0? I'm this close to jumping on the EZA Yakuza hype train for my first title of the series even though my backlog is crushing me. Just wondering if I'm going to need to delete anything first.

arkon

That Pokémon Snap stream was one of the more frustrating things I've seen in a long time. I know that game all too well. I often just want to back seat game while watching it and tell the allies to do something they're not doing.

Still fun though.

Hah. I was like that with their Mario Kart stream.

Mista Koo

Can't wait for the eventual MK8D stream, with proper battle and enough Switches, everyone could be playing at once.
As long as they throw in a few matches of Splatoon I'm in. But I guess for both they'd have to rotate which Switch gets the dock so we don't get stuck with the same player for the whole stream.

This leaves Arms for the tournament.

Hasney

As long as they throw in a few matches of Splatoon I'm in. But I guess for both they'd have to rotate which Switch gets the dock so we don't get stuck with the same player for the whole stream.

This leaves Arms for the tournament.

You could still have a battle tournament with everyone. Player in last each match gets knocked out.

ARMS motion control only rules would be mint though.

Wiggy

Wait do the switches work like extra controllers or extra consoles? Like for 8 player will they need 8 copies of splatoon or bomberman?

Hasney

Wait do the switches work like extra controllers or extra consoles? Like for 8 player will they need 8 copies of splatoon or bomberman?

Consoles. Don't know about everyone having to own the game as 3DS had download play, but it's possible. MK8 should allow for at least 2 player split screen with the local networking too.

Kneefoil

For Splatoon they'll definitely need 8 Switches and probably 8 copies of the game. The game likely uses too much data for download play.

8 player matches in SBR should only require 8 Joy-Cons, or 4 pairs, and the game screen should look the same for everyone, so that would require 1-4 Switches depending on how many controllers can connect to a single Switch.

Hasney

For Splatoon they'll definitely need 8 Switches and probably 8 copies of the game. The game likely uses too much data for download play.

8 player matches in SBR should only require 8 Joy-Cons, or 4 pairs, and the game screen should look the same for everyone, so that would require 1-4 Switches depending on how many controllers can connect to a single Switch.

It's a long shot, but I'm hoping the Mario Party Star Rush system carries forward to the Switch. There's a full download off of the eShop just for download play, so you have the game data, just no way of booting it.

Kneefoil

It's a long shot, but I'm hoping the Mario Party Star Rush system carries forward to the Switch. There's a full download off of the eShop just for download play, so you have the game data, just no way of booting it.

Oh! I didn't know they ever did that. Makes a lot of sense for a game like Mario Party, though.

So I have never played or even seen Pokémon Snap and likely will still never play it but the group stream was so good.

The Allies really are just best. Here's to a successful 2016 and hopefully 2017 is even brighter.

muteki

The gunpla stream I never new I wanted. These days you can get a selection of new kits at most Barnes n Noble, otherwise Amazon has a bunch.

Also, sand your nubs kyle, jesus.

you are right about Galaxy 2 tho.

Mikey Jr.

Great! Also we're 16 away from breaking the 5725 patrons EZA record.

Really? Wow.

I honestly think those reaction videos help them a lot. It helps them reach an audience that they currently don't get.

If I were them, I'd do a monthly top 10 (or 5). Weekly is too much for them I think, but monthly?

I watch some other top 10 (or top 5) on other channels, and that shit gets like 600k views per video.

Hasney

While Top 10's get views, I think it's the divisive nature of them that wouldn't transfer into patrons. Look at the top 10 threads when they were GT here, people just jumped in to shit on the selections.

Still, if they could and wanted do, would be worth a shot. If they didn't want to though, I doun't think the output would be worth it.

Auctopus

While Top 10's get views, I think it's the divisive nature of them that wouldn't transfer into patrons. Look at the top 10 threads when they were GT here, people just jumped in to shit on the selections.

I think I've said this before on here so forgive me if I'm flogging a dead horse but Brandon said on stream before Christmas that a lot more work goes in to Top 10 then people think. Back at GT when Brad would do the capture footage for each of the games (I think) but now Brad is reviewing, he's on TT and streaming - it's a lot of work to capture 10 random games (because they couldn't just Top 10 from the games they owned) and then gather the group to discuss it properly. That goes for all the Allies.

I might be being over-assumptive here but I imagine that towards the end of Defy/GT when they were pumping out Top 10s, they already had a lot of footage from different games in archive. I remember in the final GT stream, they explained how they had to get all the stuff they wanted to keep on to their own hard drives, I wonder if they lost all that game footage they had captured over the years.

Also, your point Hasney, they created pretty toxic reactions for just arbitrary list even though they brought in decent views.

EZA have said multiple times that they don't have to worry about views anymore so I suppose that Top 10s will happen when the Allies feel they have the time and resources to do it and the use of that time and resources would correlate positively with patron numbers.

WarRock

Aaa, I should watch the gunpla stream and curse my lack of money to buy a couple of Zakus and practice. Years ago I scored a transforming MG Unicorn for less than half of the price, but I got almost no experience with models and want to get some skill before tackling it.
I should finish my no grade Exia and sand it too...
New Bosman, the Power of Unreleased Games.

https://youtu.be/9bV8bZ053Aw
that bonus bit

Burt

First top ten should be top ten: top ten lists followed by top ten axes.

ez pz
asta-sc2fix3.jpg

Not my favorite character or favorite series, but Astaroth from Soul Calibur definitely skirts in because GODDAMN LOOKIT THAT AXE

Gotta have the Minecraft axe on there, unfortunately. Mass exposure score tempered by its fundamental 'meh'-ness

Scratch that, outta here Minecraft. I'm not having you in here over Castlevania axes, even if they are disposable one-handed throwing weapons

hqdefault.jpg

Incredible axe-themed Sentai crew in a Mario game riding an enormous Axe-themed battleship

Olaf_0.jpg

The only time it's acceptable to have two small axes instead of one big one

651-1-1384683504.png

Wicked, powerful, and classy as hell. Would be higher if the list was about axe-merits alone, but it just doesn't have the story or character connections to bump it up

ImageResizer.ashx

Putting Golden Axe outside the Top 5 would be sacrilege, even if it doesn't hold up incredibly well (the game or the axe(s) therein)

29560df9e64bebc7c1a047dac70cd24e.jpg

The true king of MOBA axes

#3 (Split)
73924-1-1456821153.jpg

Grom Hellscream deserves the spot
iLop5PK.jpg

But the Arcanite Reaper from vanilla with my Windfury Shaman reps Warcraft for this list in my heart

messersreaver.jpg

diablo get rekt

yes, this is my homer pick that directly contradicts my Black Knight Greataxe ranking

Fire-Emblem-Hector-gif.gif

hnnggg

HNNNNGGGGGG

Burt

C'mon people

The real meta joke here would be having the person use both controllers and play Milk with himself

While staring at the camera

For an hour straight

Hasney

They want to remain friends.

Can't be the reason. They streamed Mario Kart 64.

Yup, they survived this:

Mt432BK.gif

EDIT: Thinking back, I think this is the best group stream moment of 2016. They've had better overall streams, but the only person that notices that Damiani has even walked off is Ben and he has that "disrespect" face on with a wry grin of respect, while Kyle plays on and then when he's out, everyone just realises what's happened. I think it's the biggest physical reaction Don has had to anything too. Perfection.

Dons the dude coming to the camera in this gif:

giphy.gif

Axass

BTW, during the Gundam stream Ben and Kyle said that the next Frame Trap will feature a special guest! Place your bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom