• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

Have other sites indicated that they've gotten it? This time around, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of reviews come from shops breaking street date.

I was denied a review copy earlier this week (limited availability) if it helps any. They seem to have gone out then.

------

Just an idea, but I wouldn't mind something like first impressions with some of the Allies in like a 30 minute segment after games come out. I know you guys are busy, but always curious to hear your impressions on new titles right away - especially one like RE7.

Have other sites indicated that they've gotten it? This time around, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of reviews come from shops breaking street date.

Oh, I just assumed that review copies were already out considering the size of the Review thread. I haven't actually looked into it myself heh (media blackout).

first line in the thread
"(from outlets that didn't get a proper review copy so weren't under embargo)"

Got it. Again, I didn't look in the thread at all so I had no idea. It was an assumption, and you know what they say about assumptions haha.
Looking forward to seeing the crew's coverage of the game.

Karu

Never heard of it. Just watched them all, pretty accurate name :p
I loooove that series. Still go back to it once in a while.

Also: Voted for Firefighter Simulation for group stream and no shit, it's in the lead last time I checked. Neck in neck with Power Rangers tho haha.

Dmax3901

We got sent a PS4 download code last week sometime. We're a rather small-time website in Australia too, so I'm very surprised you guys didn't get one. Especially considering the specific shout out in those VHS tapes.

Burt

We got sent a PS4 download code last week sometime. We're a rather small-time website in Australia too, so I'm very surprised you guys didn't get one. Especially considering the specific shout out in those VHS tapes.

They were ensuring complete global saturation.

Too many LA outlets means the US west coast was already covered.

slash3584

Oh shit, Frametrapu this week? I hope the someone talk about Gravity Rush 2, that game need more love from EZA.

Yeah I totally forgot about it too!

And this one seems to have a secret special guest.

Changing the subject, what happened to the Titanfall 2 bet between Huber and Ben? Shouldn't one of them make a Titan costume made of cardboard?

Yeah I totally forgot about it too!

And this one seems to have a secret special guest.

Changing the subject, what happened to the Titanfall 2 bet between Huber and Ben? Shouldn't one of them make a Titan costume made of cardboard?

Yep. Still working on the costume.

Hasney

Yakuza is the only one I'm getting in the end. Cancelled RE7 and I'll pick up at some point to play through in VR and I need PS4 1.5 and 2.5 before I touch 2.8.

Got Yakuza 0 on Saturday and made the right call. Jesus, I love this series but this is the best one so far.

kami_sama

I want to play Yakuza :(
I want a ps4, but between mechanical keyboards, and the Switch, I'm not exactly rich.
Will be one of the first games I'll buy for it, though.

Also, has any of the Allies canceled their preorder of the switch?

Mista Koo

Yep. Still working on the costume.
la8x2Wm.jpg

You know EZA is changing your life when you find yourself watching Tetris videos and searching for the perfect Gundam model to build.
The urge to gunpla is so strong right now.

Also, this is guy is amazing: Tetris Video

Naythan

Really struggling to pick between Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. I was a big fan of Gravity Rush but I am also eager to jump into the Yakuza series now and show my support early. Decisions, decisions.

Hasney

Really struggling to pick between Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. I was a big fan of Gravity Rush but I am also eager to jump into the Yakuza series now and show my support early. Decisions, decisions.

YAKUUUUUUZZZZZZZZAAAAAA. Don't know where you are, but if in the UK and going physical, act quick. Multiple retailers are sold out.

The Game Collection deleted the listing entirely, so I don't know if they're planning another print run.

Karu

Gravity Rush is the right answer, you know it 8)

Auctopus

Oh what?! That sucks! They went to the trouble of sending you a tape, which makes not sending you the game yet really odd.

Yeah, makes the marketing campaign seem more selfish now. Just tag these tapes with different outlets so their fans will know about Resi 7. I mean, I know a marketing team's primary goal is to market the game but it felt a little human when it first happened.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
When Ben tweets Gravity Rush 2 gets Asura's Wrath levels of insane and you feel like a parent that failed to love one of its children. Booked out x_X I can't take care of you right now Gravity Rush 2. I'm going to come back for you I promise!

Pere

Neo Member
A few questions about Gundam models (I've got this one in my basket since the stream made me realised I missed doing manual stuff like this: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B000ARCKK6/ how are the instructions? I expect them to be in Japanese, but then again, understandable without knowledge of the language?
The instructions are little booklets with images with arrows explaining how to assemble the pieces. These are labeled along the lines of E-7-3 so you don't need to know japanese at all. It's like building a Lego but with more complicated pieces, also it's way more fun :D

Burt

Is Huber PSVRing his first REVII playthrough? I remember they talked about it somewhere at some point, but I can't go back through everything to find the comment.

I feel like not going the VR route for the first time through a game like this would be a huge missed opportunity, especially with the praise is for REVII's VR usage as high as it is. You only get to go in fresh once.

Maiar_m

The instructions are little booklets with images with arrows explaining how to assemble the pieces. These are labeled along the lines of E-7-3 so you don't need to know japanese at all. It's like building a Lego but with more complicated pieces, also it's way more fun :D

Thanks! Ended up buying another one, looking forward to it!

Auctopus

Is Huber PSVRing his first REVII playthrough? I remember they talked about it somewhere at some point, but I can't go back through everything to find the comment.

He's said a few different things. He wanted a PSVR to play it but couldn't find one in stock, so Ben and Kyle have both said they'll lend him theirs if he needs it.

He also said at one point he was going to stream his entire first playthrough which I feel would ruin the impact and atmosphere for him.

But Kyle has also said that the game is too scary for him and that he'll watch Huber's first playthrough and be with him i.e. he was speaking in context of being on a stream with Huber.

Who knows? If Huber's first playthrough is for review, then I doubt he'll stream it.

Burt

He's said a few different things. He wanted a PSVR to play it but couldn't find one in stock, so Ben and Kyle have both said they'll lend him theirs if he needs it.

He also said at one point he was going to stream his entire first playthrough which I feel would ruin the impact and atmosphere for him.

But Kyle has also said that the game is too scary for him and that he'll watch Huber's first playthrough and be with him i.e. he was speaking in context of being on a stream with Huber.

Who knows? If Huber's first playthrough is for review, then I doubt he'll stream it.

Thanks. And yeah, I don't think I would want him to stream it because chat would be pretty intrusive - not that I don't love EZA chat, I do, but it's a survival horror game and any sort of chat doesn't mesh well with that. Beyond that, it only takes one asshole passing through to troll-drop spoilers. But, having a camera set up during his playthough and cutting that down to a video might be a good compromise. Could even stream it to a secret junk Twitch account and pull the VOD from there so you wouldn't have to worry about any setup beyond normal streaming.

Huber isn't streaming his first playthrough

First is for review (and just personal enjoyment) which is why he was thinking VR first but as you said, he'd have to borrow PSVR

Still sour that Capcom didn't send y'all a code but on the bright side, reviews are really positive. Nice to see

I need dat frame trap ben-kun

"A delayed podcast will eventually be good, but a rushed podcast will be bad forever."

I think it was Kyle Bosman who said this once, adapting that famous quote from his favorite game designer, Todd Howard Shigeru Miyamoto.

It's 7:25 PM here, it might as well be delayed!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
YouTube probably just can't handle the enormous upload that is the latest episode of Frame Trap.

Some say the episode was so long, the Allies had to have their hair cut twice during its production, and George R. R. Martin wrote an entire page of Winds of Winter in that time.

Frame Traps aren't usually until monday nights though?

(I could be wrong)

This one's either 30 minutes or 3 hours and 30 minutes. Last week either went too far or not far enough

Mikey Jr.

Re7 reviews are out.

How in the fuck did every small little crappy site get copies beforehand but not eza?

They all have reviews out.

Nah, I think I completely missed it on that guess. With the way publishers have been going lately, I just assumed Capcom wasn't giving it out to anyone until the last minute, but seems like that's not the case. We've got it now. Huber will get on it as soon as he can. Kingdom Hearts and Berseria reviews in the works too.

Yeah, makes the marketing campaign seem more selfish now. Just tag these tapes with different outlets so their fans will know about Resi 7. I mean, I know a marketing team's primary goal is to market the game but it felt a little human when it first happened.

Indeed — very self-serving.

Looking forward to the review nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom