• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

anyone has the yugioh reaction video they made about the commertial? they don't even have it on the twitch archives..

also the youtube link to the commertial, I didn't know what they talked about and I was curious to check it.

Anonymous sources confirm that this week's frame trap isn't up yet because it's still being filmed (and has been for the last 37 consecutive hours)

Kneefoil

anyone has the yugioh reaction video they made about the commertial? they don't even have it on the twitch archives..

also the youtube link to the commertial, I didn't know what they talked about and I was curious to check it.
It's still on Twitch in the Past Broadcast section.
https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/v/115903065?t=53m10s

I also have it saved on my computer, but I've been too lazy to upload it on YouTube or anywhere else.

ArjanN

Thanks. And yeah, I don't think I would want him to stream it because chat would be pretty intrusive - not that I don't love EZA chat, I do, but it's a survival horror game and any sort of chat doesn't mesh well with that. Beyond that, it only takes one asshole passing through to troll-drop spoilers. But, having a camera set up during his playthough and cutting that down to a video might be a good compromise. Could even stream it to a secret junk Twitch account and pull the VOD from there so you wouldn't have to worry about any setup beyond normal streaming.

He could just limit looking at chat to a minimum or something. Since a second playthrough of a horror game is about 90% less hype than the first.

Burt

ymyx85T.gif

Gurrry

EZA slowly becoming the best in the biz. So much content, and new fresh original takes on ideas.

L&R duders. Keep it up.

jett

D-Member
They're going nuts with the running time on FT.

There was a time when GT's podcasts weren't unwieldy long, those times are past us it seems. :p

There was a time when GT's podcasts weren't unwieldy long, those times are past us it seems. :p

Yeah, FrameTrap is already on my 1.5x speed list, because I wouldn't be able to get through them otherwise, which is a damn shame.

Which would be fine, if the EZA podcast wasn't getting longer as well.

Of course no one else cares and the majority probably wants 6 hour podcasts instead.

It's gotten too long for my liking. I know a very enthusiastic section of our audience really does want that five-hour Frame Trap, but I think around 2.5 hours is the sweet spot for the show. Extra long episodes are okay sometimes, but not all the time.

I think part of the reason this episode is as long as it is has to do with never having a guest before and Caught in a Frame Trap, a game that I really love but I don't always know if it's worth the extra time it adds or if it blends well with the rest of the episode's tone.

Never too long FT for me but I understand if some people like it shorter. Maybe on the bigger traps have it also released in two parts or will that be too much work?

Budi

Holy Shit on the guest! Really glad that it's so lenghty too. I've missed Ryan with this group so much.

Never too long FT for me but I understand if some people like it shorter. Maybe on the bigger traps have it also released in two parts or will that be too much work?

But for what benefit? There are timestamps so people can skip to what they want to listen. And people can bookmark the video to start at the point where they left when they last watched it. I've never understood this.

Also as Frame Trap is only every other week, I think the lenght compensates nicely. And it also kinda includes our old Just playeds! If the Frame Trap would be cut in two pieces, maybe after What have you been playing? would be a good spot.

As long as there are always time-stamps provided, I don't see a problem with the length. Personally I'm busy right now and the Switch discussion interests me the most, so I'm just going to listen to that.

wiibomb

It's still on Twitch in the Past Broadcast section.
https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/v/115903065?t=53m10s

I also have it saved on my computer, but I've been too lazy to upload it on YouTube or anywhere else.

omg.. this s so amazing.. I never saw that commertial... it was exactly as the cheesy one kyle made just before GT closure..

I love it so much, they should turn on those comments

I cheated and skipped to questions, nice to see them starting off strong ;) Thanks Ben, haha

Stoked to dig into this monster episode and enjoy the leftovers tomorrow

Budi

Well that was fun, but the chairs are too short to sit in for that long.

Hey! You don't know me, but I've seen you around. And it was great to see you again. Also congrats on the baby! Loving this episode of Frame Trap so far.

Always thought that those chairs look uncomfortable.

Holy Shit on the guest! Really glad that it's so lenghty too. I've missed Ryan with this group so much.

But for what benefit? There are timestamps so people can skip to what they want to listen. And people can bookmark the video to start at the point where they left when they last watched it. I've never understood this.

Also as Frame Trap is only every other week, I think the lenght compensates nicely. And it also kinda includes our old Just playeds! If the Frame Trap would be cut in two pieces, maybe after What have you been playing? would be a good spot.
I kinda like the idea of it being split into chunks, if the segments line up for it. Would be a little like what StarTalkRadio does with their interviews vs question and answer split.

To go against what's been said above - long podcasts are fantastic, as long as the quality is still there. This has not been a problem with EZA. I'm not a fan of segmentation - I much prefer to listen to it all in one go (even a long one like this, I'll find time) - splitting it up and holding it back is frustrating.

Roubjon

I really liked what Kyle brought up during the Shantae conversation. He's noticing how Shantae is sexy character design, but the game developers don't make a point to sexualize her in any other way. It's something I personally appreciate a lot and it says something that Kyle noticed it. These types of female characters are not common at all.

I really liked what Kyle brought up during the Shantae conversation. He's noticing how Shantae is sexy character design, but the game developers don't make a point to sexualize her in any other way. It's something I personally appreciate a lot and it says something that Kyle noticed it. These types of female characters are not common at all.
Shantae has such a nice design. It's cute, it's flirty, it's a bit sexy but it does it without being Tits McGhee sex-all-night character design.

Roubjon

Shantae has such a nice design. It's cute, it's flirty, it's a bit sexy but it does it without being Tits McGhee sex-all-night character design.

If she was in any other game made by any other developer they would make a point to put an ass shot in there or find a way to have her bend over and look down her shirt. Fuck that shit.

Budi

Yeah that was a really great topic for discussion, loved it.

I somehow feel that Ryan Stevens elevated the whole group in the Podcast. Really good stuff so far. Also Kyle talking about his parents playing on his old PS4 was a treat. I really wish there was an easy and affordable way to get my mother more back in to gaming. She did play a ton of Tetris, Bubble Bobble and Side Pocked on NES. Now she only plays match 3 games on Facebook.

It's like if she was in any other game made by any other developer they would make a point to put an ass shot in there or find a way to have her bend over and look down her shirt. Fuck that shit.
Yup. Discussions of FFXV and Cindy come to mind. You can have absolutely have sex appeal without panning across a woman's ass and tits continually. It's just nice to have games where characters are wearing whatever and that's not a big deal, and not a reason for the camera drool over them.

PeterGAF

Banned
How is a working person or a student supposed to be able to catch up with podcasts this long? lol

I can barely catch up with the regular EZA podcast as it is.
I just play it periodically during the week while I'm in the car, at the gym, or in a place where I can have headphones on. Frame Trap comes out every 2 weeks so there's plenty of time to listen it it. No need to listen to it all in one session.

I'm excited for something with Ryan in it! I miss that dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom