• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

plidex

Hello, I'm new here.

I've started watching these guys a couple weeks ago, and I absolutely love them so I became a patreon.

Yesterday I watched their Mario Kart tournament and it was the best let's play I have ever watched. I was cheering and screaming along with them.

Currently Brandon is my favorite (since brand manager), closely followed by Kyle and Ian.

Damiani and Brad are the ones I'm still not sure about. I haven't watched much of them, but Damiani got some hate on the comments of the MK video because of his way of playing, and I have to say, while I watched I was thinking that I would hate to play with someone who plays like that, but I respect that he knows how to win.

I see on the 1st post that there's a show called Cup of Jones but I don't see it on the youtube channel.

Hello, I'm new here.

I've started watching these guys a couple weeks ago, and I absolutely love them so I became a patreon.

Yesterday I watched their Mario Kart tournament and it was the best let's play I have ever watched. I was cheering and screaming along with them.

Currently Brandon is my favorite (since brand manager), closely followed by Kyle and Ian.

Damiani and Brad are the ones I'm still not sure about. I haven't watched much of them, but Damiani got some hate on the comments of the MK video because of his way of playing, and I have to say, while I watched I was thinking that I would hate to play with someone who plays like that, but I respect that he knows how to win.

I see on the 1st post that there's a show called Cup of Jones but I don't see it on the youtube channel.
Cup of Jones isn't available freely on the YouTube channel. It's Patreon exclusive, check in the Patreon page now that you're a supporter and you'll be able to watch it.

Budi

Hello, I'm new here.

Hey and welcome! Glad that you've joined the thread and Patreon. Cup of Jones is a hidden Youtube video and you can access it through Patreon. Since it's only for Patrons.

And the whole EZA group is great, they all have their place. While I also have my favorites, let's name Ben. It's the group that makes EZA special. Or that's how I see it. Since I've personally followed them for some time now, from the time they were still at Gametrailers. It already feels weird without Elyse for example. Wouldn't want to miss anyone else.

Budi

Damn, everybody but EZA got a review copy for RE7 before the release. That's some BS, Capcom.

They got one.

Nah, I think I completely missed it on that guess. With the way publishers have been going lately, I just assumed Capcom wasn't giving it out to anyone until the last minute, but seems like that's not the case. We've got it now. Huber will get on it as soon as he can. Kingdom Hearts and Berseria reviews in the works too.

Edit: sorry misread your post so nvm :)

I absolutely passed on Shantae all these years because I wondered "Is this a game for creeps?"

Bought and platinumed it in two days after watching Kyle's stream 👍🏻

Especially the older art style, that Shantae is a game for creeps. Look at this nonsense.
latest

latest

Half Genie Hero seems like it could still be good for creeps while also being good for normal people. Like a tween cartoon that has an oddly large adult fan base.

Axass

I honestly don'tget people saying that podcasts are too long. You can watch just part of it, skip to what you care about the most, watch it in two or three sessions.

It's not going to disappear if you don't finish it quickly, is it? Why would having more stuff to watch be a bad thing in the end?

I say make Frame Trap weekly and have it be 6 hours long!

tesqui

Can't wait for Huber and Kyle to playthrough RE7 together. I found out about those dudes from the Evil Within playthrough they did on GameTrailers.

Budi

I honestly don'tget people saying that podcasts are too long. You can watch just part of it, skip to what you care about the most, watch it in two or three sessions.

It's not going to disappear if you don't finish it quickly, is it? Why would having more stuff to watch be a bad thing in the end?

I say make Frame Trap weekly and have it be 6 hours long!

Yeah I mean, I'm still not done with Frame Trap myself. Even though I started it when it was up. I've used the pause function to focus on something else for awhile. I might even sleep before I finish it. I have a fork and a knife, so I don't need to be fed bite-sized chunks.

demu

For long videos I can recommend you guys installing the browser addon "Video Resumer" (Chrome/Firefox). It resumes YouTube videos from where you played them last. Perfect for Frame Trap.

For long videos I can recommend you guys installing the browser addon "Video Resumer" (Chrome/Firefox). It resumes YouTube videos from where you played them last. Perfect for Frame Trap.
???

Why do you need an add-on for this? If you have an account on YouTube, it does this automatically for videos as long as the EZA podcasts.

plidex

Cup of Jones isn't available freely on the YouTube channel. It's Patreon exclusive, check in the Patreon page now that you're a supporter and you'll be able to watch it.

Oh ok, thanks!

Hey and welcome! Glad that you've joined the thread and Patreon. Cup of Jones is a hidden Youtube video and you can access it through Patreon. Since it's only for Patrons.

And the whole EZA group is great, they all have their place. While I also have my favorites, let's name Ben. It's the group that makes EZA special. Or that's how I see it. Since I've personally followed them for some time now, from the time they were still at Gametrailers. It already feels weird without Elyse for example. Wouldn't want to miss anyone else.

Yeah the group for sure is the strong point, but I like choosing my favorite characters/people on anything I watch/play.

I had no idea who any of them where, I never watched Gametrailers' content. I found out about them by people mentioning EZA on Kinda Funny's topics.

Dmax3901

Hello, I'm new here.

Welcome and thanks for becoming a patron! Damiani take a while to get used to but soon you'll realise that Kyle deserves to get trolled at every turn :p

Karu

Really? That's weird. I'm pretty sure that as long as you're logged in and the video is longer than a certain amount (20 minutes was the old number), it should be doing this for you.
Yeah, it's a really neat feature, especially for streams or such where I won't watch them in one sitting. Twitch doesn't do it or with a rather track-record for me personally, which I always like to wait for the YT upload.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Feelsbadman :-x for being part of the people that love these long frame traps making it too unwieldy for others although yes ok I totally can see almost 4 hours is prob too much ;). I kind of like the 3h mark. I can always offer more granular timestamps(for each game for example) if that helps.
Also guest hype! That's cool. Love the occasional guest on podcasts.

Ryan Stevens was ace on FT thanks for giving us so much of him!

PepperedHam

Bit of a newer GT fan so I wasn't familiar with Ryan Stevens but I really enjoyed his guest spot on Frame Trap, really great episode of the show!

wapplew

Ryan need to show up more, my favorite person on IW and GT time, he is so knowledgeable and provide different perspective make this one of the best Frametrap episode.

UrbanRats

Really? That's weird. I'm pretty sure that as long as you're logged in and the video is longer than a certain amount (20 minutes was the old number), it should be doing this for you.

It's not super consistent.
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it keeps the old time stamp even if you go further in the video.

Hasney

Man, no-one gave him the 4D candle to make his room smell like rotting wood and blood?!

Actual blood, not what I assume is the fine smell of Bloodworth

Kneefoil

I tried Shantae's Risky Revenge but didn't like it :(

Are the other games in the series better?

Shantae on GBC has very limited screen space which leads to a lot of leaps of faith and you accidentally running straight into enemies or their attacks. If you can look past those flaws, which have caused me a lot of frustration, it's a great game.

Risky's Revenge was originally on DSiWare, so it had a very limited audience, and Shantae still didn't have a very big following back then. I could be wrong, but I think the game was somewhat low budget because of those factors - at least to me, the game felt kind of like an incomplete adventure when compared to the first one. I still liked it though.

Pirate's Curse is viewed by most, including myself, to be easily the best Shantae game out there. Although it doesn't have dance transformations, so if you liked that aspect of Shantae, that might disappoint you. Can't think of any huge flaws with the game like with the other ones.

Half-Genie Hero also feels limited by its budget kind of like Risky's Revenge, but not quite. It feels complete, but a lot of times in HGH you are forced to return to areas you've previously completed in order to find some items or new skills, which can be a bit tedious at times.

TL;DR: Try Pirate's Curse. If you like it, try the other two. If not, Shantae games are probably not for you.

demu

Okay, so now I know what the problem is. I always put videos on my Watch Later playlist, and if I try to resume them from there, they will always start from the beginnig. That's why I need the addon Video Resumer.

ito007

I'm not done with Frame Trap but I got two comments I just want to put out there.

1. I think Ryan is a great fit for the Frame Trap vibe because of all the tangents.

2. Ben has the best snaps

Kneefoil

Listening to Frame Trap right now. I wonder what the special thing is that would've happened, if someone got the release dates exactly right.

Kind of wish I could've been on the podcast, so we could've found out! I've been playing Advance Wars 2 recently, and I started wondering how the other games compare to it in terms of length. So last week (I think Saturday) I checked HLTB and noticed that the website also lists the release dates. Something seemed off with the Japanese release date of the first AW though. I take a look at Wikipedia, and it turns out that due to the 9/11 attacks, the game was delayed in Japan from its original October release. They didn't get it until Advance Wars 2 - and they were both put on the same cartridge.

I further thought it was strange that the delay happened in Japan and not in North America, but then quickly realized that AW was released in NA literally the day before the attacks. Makes the date pretty easy to remember.

WarRock

Listening to Frame Trap right now. I wonder what the special thing is that would've happened, if someone got the release dates exactly right.

Kind of wish I could've been on the podcast, so we could've found out! I've been playing Advance Wars 2 recently, and I started wondering how the other games compare to it in terms of length. So last week (I think Saturday) I checked HLTB and noticed that the website also lists the release dates. Something seemed off with the Japanese release date of the first AW though. I take a look at Wikipedia, and it turns out that due to the 9/11 attacks, the game was delayed in Japan from its original October release. They didn't get it until Advance Wars 2 - and they were both put on the same cartridge.

I further thought it was strange that the delay happened in Japan and not in North America, but then quickly realized that AW was released in NA literally the day before the attacks. Makes the date pretty easy to remember.
Game sprites were also edited between regions.

Auctopus

As an avid reader, I do agree with parts of what Kyle is saying. George R. R. Martin is easily the guiltiest for that sort of writing behaviour. He desperately wants to create this highly illustrated world and will sometimes forego pacing just so you know the full menu of a meal that the characters are having.

Seeing as Frame Trap has once again landed on the subject of books, I'll recommend to Ben, Huber and anyone else who is currently playing Yakuza 0 to read Ryu Murakami's 'In the Miso Soup' as a companion piece. It's only 200 pages so 50 pages a session you're done in a few nights.

inthemisosoup.jpg

KraytarJ

The 2.8 review is honestly hilarious. Hearing Jones have to say those dumbass names throughout the review is something I didn't know I needed but I'm glad to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom