• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roubjon

I really liked it when it came out. But I can't play it anymore. Games like MML and Goldeneye had their place in time.

I generally prioritize art and world design over gameplay, which is why I like it so much. I easily see what you mean though.

Don with the Assasin's Creed Black Flag pick.

post-28652-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-g2uB.gif

Ultimadrago

I couldn't even compliment Brandon on taking notes without a chat mod trying to tap me on the shoulder. What the absolute hell.

Anyways, this has been amusing so far. Listening to Don talk about any game choice is great.

Sailing and upgrading your ship was real fun in Black Flag but man, the characters, story and mission design were even worse than AC3 (which were bad to begin with). The sailing stealth mission was probably the worst mission I've played in AC.

jett

D-Member
I believe Super Metroid is one game people could reasonably agree on considering it the greatest of all-time.

mishakoz

Golden Eye and MGS1 do not hold up.

A lot of Damaini's MGS1 talk was super nostalgic-sounding, like things that were amazing when they happened because we were surprised video games could do that. Like story, like characters acting in 3D, guards seeing footsteps, but now that kind of stuff is a more commonplace. Metal Gear still does things that no other franchise does, but I think even MGS1 is dwarfed by each later title, even if it has its own distinct "flavor" unto its own. MGS is still a good game, a very good game, but I dont think it stands the test of time.

Goldeneye, however, is just painful to play nowadays and if you like it I think thats okay, but if you think its the greatest of all time, i think thats nostalgia talking.

Roubjon

Golden Eye and MGS1 do not hold up.

A lot of Damaini's MGS1 talk was super nostalgic-sounding, like things that were amazing when they happened because we were surprised video games could do that. Like story, like characters acting in 3D, guards seeing footsteps, but now that kind of stuff is a more commonplace. Metal Gear still does things that no other franchise does, but I think even MGS1 is dwarfed by each later title, even if it has its own distinct "flavor" unto its own. MGS is still a good game, a very good game, but I dont think it stands the test of time.

Goldeneye, however, is just painful to play nowadays and if you like it I think thats okay, but if you think its the greatest of all time, i think thats nostalgia talking.

I played MGS1 when 1 through 3 were already released and it's still my favorite MGS title. I think it has the best pacing, story, and atmosphere out of all of them. And the gameplay itself is super tight and arcade-like.

mishakoz

I played MGS1 when 1 through 3 were already released and it's still my favorite MGS title. I think it has the best pacing, story, and atmosphere out of all of them. And the gameplay itself is super tight and arcade-like.

Sure. I dont understand this but I respect it. Its definitely the most concentrated. I dont like the "arcade-like" qaulity you mentioned.

Roubjon

Sure. I dont understand this but I respect it. Its definitely the most concentrated. I dont like the "arcade-like" qaulity you mentioned.

For me, I love the MGS franchise in general because every entry in the series has such a different look and feel. I love 1 the most and 4 the least, but to me they are all amazing games for different reasons.

mishakoz

I love bloodbourne but I 100% agree with Jones. Its nice to have a game with a lot of lore and a lot of backstory, but BB did nothing to draw me in. Every character seemed like they were beating creepy/weird on purpose and no one acted like a human being. The lips movement is part of that. There is a lack on character to character, or myself to the game "direct" interaction.

A great idea and very entertaining. Can't imagine a greater honor than being elected to the EZA Hall of Greats.

Kind of hope someone is filming Huber when he finds out Resident Evil got zero votes.

That was fun, those were my top three so I'm happy they made it through. Now everyone just needs to vote for SF2 on Patreon, right guys? I kinda feel like there should be some consequences for nominating games that get no votes or only 1 vote though. Like ban REmake, Dark Souls, Goldeneye and Megaman Legends from being nominated in the next Hall of Greats vote or something. It'd stop people from continually nominating games that won't get the votes.

Poor Huber but he goofed. First by picking a concert over Resident Evil, second for picking REmake over the best game in the series: RE2.

LOL at Kyle botching Don's Discount Gaming and the group cam framerate once they cut back. This is what happens when Damiani isn't running things.

Great episode of DDG

Though I must say, the tease of bullet hell at the beginning with no payoff makes me sad. Was hoping Don would stumble into Dodonpachi or something in a shmup section of the floor

I enjoyed the Zelda damiani DLC discussion he did with Simmons. At first I was surprised it was 50 minutes long, but once I was in it it got into a lot of topics beyond just the DLC and it started to make more sense. Good discussions and damiani moved the conversation along really well. Which was a pleasant surprise because I've never seen him in that role and he can be quiet on other shows.

Some feedback, in the future I would like a mix of b-roll footage to go along with the two on screen talking. Not just 100% b-roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom