• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone playing Berserk? It's very much one of those games (even sort of on the lower end of the quality spectrum) but boy it's fun to slice and dice thousands of soldiers as Guts

Karu

Loved the edit at the beginning of Discount Gaming and the music. Really good stuff overall. It was said a thousand times, but this show should seriously be WAY more successful...

Edit: And I really, really need to play Black Flag. Will buy it next time it goes on sale. Which should be really any other week, if Ubisoft is anything to go buy lol

cluto

New camera looks sharp, though it looked a little washed out. Could have been a result of the rendering or youtube or something, but if it was the camera +20% saturation and +20% contrast makes a big difference, in my opinion:

tBc6Xze.gif

Are there any standout moments from the hog stream? I'm already spoiled on the results.
Dons speech was entertaining. Overall I found it consistently good (minus the tech issues at the start and end when they tried to play a video).

Suggested improvements: change the pitch for the game down to 5 minutes. And move that time to the discussions (thus 5 minutes). I felt most arguments started losing steam near the end, while most discusssions were just heating up and then were cut off

Man it'd be funny if all these people angry at the anniversary were $1 or $5 patrons.
Get this nonsense out of here. Anyone should be able to weigh in on their content. Patreon or not and regardless of the tier. Discuss the merits of the complaint, not what tier they are

Axass

That was an amazing stream, very good idea. Agreed on all proposed inductees but Goldeneye, which really doesn't hold up. It brought FPSs on consoles though, gotta give it to it.

Totally gonna vote Super Metroid.

Hope they actually do this every two months instead of four, very entertaining, especially if they're going to be all there together.

EDIT: agreed on what Dmax said being nonsense.

EDIT #2: Blood, why not archiving the Hall of Greats part of the stream on the main channel? Same with the Gundam construction streams. There's really nothing about "playing" in there, they could get more exposure on the main channel, and since they only happen every few months, they wouldn't even clutter the channel.

Dmax3901

Classy.

That's %80 of their patrons, %41 of their patron money.

Get this nonsense out of here. Anyone should be able to weigh in on their content. Patreon or not and regardless of the tier. Discuss the merits of the complaint, not what tier they are

Not what I was saying. Of course anyone can complain, I still think it'd be funny if people who are trashing them unfairly (Luchadork) were only spending $1 a month.

"I've spent TWELVE US DOLLARS on you guys cancel the concert at once or else."

Karu

Not what I was saying. Of course anyone can complain, I still think it'd be funny if people who are trashing them unfairly (Luchadork) were only spending $1 a month.

Hilarious.

That was an amazing stream, very good idea. Agreed on all proposed inductees but Goldeneye, which really doesn't hold up. It brought FPSs on consoles though, gotta give it to it.

Totally gonna vote Super Metroid.

Hope they actually do this every two months instead of four, very entertaining, especially if they're going to be all there together.

EDIT: agreed on what Dmax said being nonsense.

EDIT #2: Blood, why not archiving the Hall of Greats part of the stream on the main channel? Same with the Gundam construction streams. There's really nothing about "playing" in there, they could get more exposure on the main channel, and since they only happen every few months, they wouldn't even clutter the channel.

It already is.

It has no merit in the discussions period.

Mista Koo

People are equally entitled to their opinions. Besides the polls, D&D, and Blood Pact there is no difference in creative control between a non-patron and a generous thousands-paying elitist like you.

Dmax3901

People are equally entitled to their opinions. Besides the polls, D&D, and Blood Pact there is no difference in creative control between a non-patron and a generous thousands-paying elitist like you.

Ok lets cool it a little shall we? I'm not saying you're scum if you criticise but don't pay or pay the smaller amounts. I just got sick of people complaining about the allies doing something the way they want to. I must've read one too many posts from people acting as if EZA have fucked up or betrayed their fan base. It's like sure without our money they wouldn't exist but at the same time you can't choose what you did and didn't pay for. If they wanna do a concert, let them do a concert.

If it's not what you want them to do, bummer, but move on, maybe next year.

Karu

Ok lets cool it a little shall we? I'm not saying you're scum if you criticise but don't pay or pay the smaller amounts. I just got sick of people complaining about the allies doing something the way they want to. I must've read one too many posts from people acting as if EZA have fucked up or betrayed their fan base. It's like sure without our money they wouldn't exist but at the same time you can't choose what you did and didn't pay for. If they wanna do a concert, let them do a concert.

If it's not what you want them to do, bummer, but move on, maybe next year.
We're the fans, tho. Ignoring the money, the most important thing to EZA - a small operation that lives and dies by their community. Who else is supposed to give them feedback? Change certainly doesnt happen in a vacuum. And it doesnot matter whether your opinion represemts the majority or not.

Edit: To clarify, I am not okay with a certain some have used to voice said feedback. But your approach irks me in a pretty similar fashion which is why I responded.

MrMette

Just cool it guys. It's their one year anniversary and they should do it how they see fit. Also, read Bloodworths comment about the cost of streaming something like this Live.

I have seen some live streams of E3 on a Dutch gamingshow (Gamekings) when I watched it years ago and it seemed like a lot of hassle and a lot of things that can go wrong (not to mention the cost to do so and all the equipment you need for this).
If they do a live stream of this, only the minority of them can be on stage and the rest have to man the computers to stream this stuff. That's not a celebrartion for them either and I don't think it helps the fans if they can't talk to them because they are working.

They are recording stuff there, if you can't get to the event (I live in Belgium and I surely can't make it), so be it. I still wish them all the best with their show and I am sure they will give us plenty of good content from the show (maybe they don't want to ruin the surprise?).

Also, I understand Brandon's idea that if people travel to California to attend the show, it isn't fair to livestream everything.

Everyone can have an opinion about this of course and I don't think that the people who have a different opinion than myself are less for it, but the whole atmosphere here is gone because of an event that should be a celebration of their anniversary.

Don't make EZA afraid to come into this thread because of some (imo) minor thing like them not streaming their event. There is plenty of content to go around.

Dmax3901

We're the fans, tho. Ignoring the money, the most important thing to EZA - a small operation that lives and dies by their community. Who else is supposed to give them feedback? Change certainly doesnt happen in a vacuum. And it doesnot matter whether your opinion represemts the majority or not.

Edit: To clarify, I am not okay with a certain some have used to voice said feedback. But your approach irks me in a pretty similar fashion which is why I responded.

That's fair that I was found irksome, my comment was pretty stupid. I would try and make some claim about it being a misunderstanding but that implies others were at fault.

I do take issue with old mate calling me elitist though.

Budi

Ofcourse, feedback, criticism and suggestions are all welcome. I've tried to give some too and once I was way too harsh with it (an asshole). Got called out for it and changed my tone in the future. But I guess the point is that some people are trying to use their patreon pledge as a leverage, "because I pay I'm entitled to this". Next step would be threatening to pull the support if things wont go their way. I think it's these people that were ridiculed in that Patreon tier post. But every Patreon supporter and a fan overall is important. It's all appreciated.

El-Suave

Wesker is such a bad villain, I remember booting up the original RE when it launched and I knew Wesker was a/the bad guy after the first scene in the foyer of the mansion. His heel turn was telegraphed immediately. Not very compelling.

Wait, you gotta go to LA to vote? Are you confusing with the Anniversary?
No it'll probably be on the site later today. Kyle was going to wait until the archive was posted on YouTube which happened last night. And it'll almost certainly be for all patreons (they didn't specify which always means all tiers)

Kneefoil

My votes would've been

1 point: Mega Man Legends
2 points: Super Metroid
3 points: Metal Gear Solid

When Blood first mentioned SM, I was thinking that I'd still rather give MML the two points, but Blood's arguments changed my mind.

My personal nominee for the Hall of Greats would've been Skies of Arcadia Legends. I've never heard the allies talk about the game, so I don't know how familiar they are with it, or how much they like it, but here's hoping it'll get a chance to be inducted eventually.

wiibomb

how is it possible...

HOW is it possible that Bloodborne got so few votes???

It deserved to be one of the greats...

BTW, at this point it should be wise to just ignore some childish comments from luchadork, I believe the guy isn't in any conciliatory mood, it has been demonstrated

ShadyK54

Want to quickly thank Kyle for his Pokemon TCG streams. It's in turn gotten me to start finishing Yu-Gi-Oh on Netflix.

So dumb and fun.

cm osi

how is it possible...

HOW is it possible that Bloodborne got so few votes???

It deserved to be one of the greats...

BTW, at this point it should be wise to just ignore some childish comments from luchadork, I believe the guy isn't in any conciliatory mood, it has been demonstrated

maybe because everyone expected it. i expected a zelda from damiani, i got mgs. i expected a jrpg from ben, i got sf2. i expected bloodborne from ian, i got bloodborne

wiibomb

maybe because everyone expected it. i expected a zelda from damiani, i got mgs. i expected a jrpg from ben, i got st2. i expected bloodborne from ian, i got bloodborne

may be if he would have chosen Castlevania Symphony of the Night, it would have made such an impression that some of them would have voted...

yeah, I think the surprise factor is important for the allies

Karu

BB is my fav game of alltime and still, I probably wouldnt have voted for it with any of my theoretical three votes. It came out in 2015, let it rest awhile.

Played MGS three years ago for the first time. It holds up and deserves a spot, no question imo and I am by noooo means a fan of the franchise so far (stopped both 2 and 5 early in for various reason). I think I gave it a 45 back then.

sora87

Man, I loved the opening shot/edit of the new DDG, it actually portrays nostalgia pretty well.
Also I wish we heard Ben's reaction to the Street Fighter 2 appearance.

cm osi

Ben.......where......is.......fr....a.....m...e..............................
....................................tr.....a....p..........

Sheentak

Don discount gaming should get it's own post in the main forum it's so good. If things like Jim sterling and new episodes of Colin was right can Don should get a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom