• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

So I have started a "Round Two" companion series for the best of videos as well, showcasing some clips that didn't make the cut for the Best Of Video for whatever reason (length of clip, precursory knowledge etc). It's not as tightly edited, or paced, not as good cuts etc but it's just simply there for folks who want more.

This should lead me to be able to make some better cuts for the main video, while also at the same time still allow me to highlight some things I feel shouldn't be missed from the week.

Also, I really need better thumbnails for the main best of videos. I made a simple one for Round Two and I vastly prefer it, but I know that's not the kind of thumbnail general YT-audience gets attracted to. Maybe once I have time after the 21st, I'll try to find or modify an EZA logo with background transparency and come up with something more elegant. Or figure something else out.

Best of Easy Allies - Round Two - 2017-01

ShadyK54

LTTP on this, but I loved the Switch stream the other day. So entertaining throughout the entire 8 hours. Hope tomorrow night's group stream is just as good.

VanWinkle

In Blood's Earthbound stream, Jones said it was "in progress". Don't know exactly what that means, tho'.

Ah okay. I guess in my head I kind of thought that whole little nook would be cleared out of everything and designed/decorated in a "set"-like way. But I guess that's not really possible with part of the kitchenette counter still there.

Oh well.

Karu

ahahaha oh god the new Dumb Game Monday...

Tutorial: I LOVE THIS! CONTROLS LIKE A DREAM!

*I have no patience and skip to the end*

Kyle: I HATEHATEHATEHATE THIS GAME OOOOOMMMGGG!

A classic situation of "welp"

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The Nioh plat is actually not that bad, it's actually one of the nicer ones I've done. I'd say it's about the same as bloodborne as in you get for just doing everything in the game. Only annoying thing about it is the twilight mission where you have to log in for 5 days for the full rotation to happen and do them.

Hasney

I'm guessing I should be done with Zelda by the end of next weekend the rate I'm playing it, but I don't know what to play between that and Persona 5 and Frame Trap isn't helping. Nier, Nioh or Horizon. Damn.

Hasney

Problem with that is most people might just watch them instead of all the actual content

Nah, Giant Bomb do these monthly and they started off as fan created. Now they just get put on the main channel by the guy who started doing them.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing I should be done with Zelda by the end of next weekend the rate I'm playing it, but I don't know what to play between that and Persona 5 and Frame Trap isn't helping. Nier, Nioh or Horizon. Damn.

I'd say Nioh or Nier just to mix it up. But maybe the open world hunger is not sated yet for you.

Hasney

I'd say Nioh or Nier just to mix it up. But maybe the open world hunger is not sated yet for you.

It will be NEVAR sated.

Seriously, a couple of years ago, I went Fallout, Witcher then GTA. I think I might just see which I can get the cheapest at the time. Horizon has been aggressively bundled here, so those that don't want it might be flogging their copies, but Niohs been out the longest. Nier will take a while to come down I'm guessing.

Great Frame Trap episode.

I completely agree with Huber on only playing one game at a time, I've been doing that for years. I always found that when I tried to juggle two or three games at a time, I'd always prioritise one of them anyway and would forget where I was up to in the others to the point where I sometimes wouldn't bother going back to them. My only exceptions to that rule are when I play a handheld game on a commute (I just finished Steins;Gate 0 the other week by doing that) or am gradually wrapping up a game I've all but completed (like once I finished Gravity Rush 2, I put 30-60 minutes a day into Dusty Token grinding to unlock the last few things).

I have no idea what Huber's talking about when he says Yakuza 2 was more of the same though. What? Yakuza 2 was what made the Yakuza series what it is. It turned a decent fighting system into a great one, while having one of the best moments in the series (TIGERS!), the best villain in the series and arguably the best story in the series (though I haven't played Zero yet, I'm waiting till after Persona 5 to dig into it).

On Horizon, I agree and disagree with Ben on the voice acting. It's inconsistent, some of it is fantastic (especially Ashly Burch) but the further you get from the main characters, the worse it tends to get, probably because they just weren't the priority.

I have a few other issues like that but still, I absolutely love the game. I'm not too into the main story yet but the main side quests (the ones listed in the Main section, like the one to track down the war chief) are pretty awesome. I just took down my first Thunderjaw earlier today, which was super intense and fun.

If his open world hunger is sated, NieR's probably not the game for him. It's open world too. :p

I say NieR, Hasney. If Horizon hasn't been spoiled for you yet, it probably won't for a while, but you can still have NieR spoiled. Plus you can keep up on all the talk surrounding it.

I'm kinda hoping I'll finish Horizon this weekend (though based on how slowly I'm getting through the quests, that probably won't happen), so I can immediately jump into NieR. I need to get both games done before Persona 5 comes out...

Edit: Double post, oh well.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It will be NEVAR sated.

Seriously, a couple of years ago, I went Fallout, Witcher then GTA. I think I might just see which I can get the cheapest at the time. Horizon has been aggressively bundled here, so those that don't want it might be flogging their copies, but Niohs been out the longest. Nier will take a while to come down I'm guessing.

Damn, that rivals my JRPG sprees :-x.
Although for me after going from P5 to Cold Stell II to Trails of Zero I burned out hard.
I was super happy taking a break with Nioh and Y0.
Back to Trails now though before Nier hits.
------------------------------------
Also finished up Yakuza0 2 days ago a super great ride. It's interesting they bring up in frame trap about how it might have felt bit weird for Majima to be so different compared to the other games.

It's such an interesting view because I don't have quite the same history with the games.
So far I've only played 5 and 0 now and it's just super fascinating having seen these full fledged legends in action in 5 and now going back to 0 and seeing the origin of 2 of them.

From that perspective I absolutely loved Majima's story line and the context it gave and the transformation he went through. I was actually a bit lukewarm on Kiryuu who honestly felt very similar to how he felt in 5.
Slight spoilers on Kiryuu's arc
I believe the game wanted to show Kiryuu grow out of his naivete and come to grips with his conflicting nature and the yakuza life style. I think while it succeeded on the later the former felt weak. I feel like points where we should feel like Kiryuu paying a price for his naivete missed cause it was actually never his own fault. In that I didn't feel like he grew out of it in the end. His growth was a bit to subtle and faint for me. I think I would have preferred seeing an out of control and wild Kiryuu making the transformation into the super honorable straight laced guy instead.

Still the he has really amazing moments. Everytime he fully takes the initiative it's amazing and in his second to last standoff against Kuze where he drops crushing the Tojo clan himself if they hurt Makoto.... the chills from seeing the Y0 Kiryuu overlap with the Y5 Kiryuu.

If his open world hunger is sated, NieR's probably not the game for him. It's open world too. :p

I say NieR, Hasney. If Horizon hasn't been spoiled for you yet, it probably won't for a while, but you can still have NieR spoiled. Plus you can keep up on all the talk surrounding it.

I'm kinda hoping I'll finish Horizon this weekend (though based on how slowly I'm getting through the quests, that probably won't happen), so I can immediately jump into NieR. I need to get both games done before Persona 5 comes out...

Nier:A is open world? Wow I did not know that. I've been very much on media blackout since I saw the shmup style boss from one of the trailers.

Hasney

Yeah, plus GMG has PC NiER for £33, so it might be a winner.

Was reading through the Zelda Travellers Tales thread though and while nothing was spoiled, there's stuff that I haven't seen and places I need to explore that I didn't know about too, so it may be that it lasts a bit longer than planned. Stuff that just isn't needed for the main game at all, but I feel like I need to experience it.

Nier:A is open world? Wow I did not know that. I've been very much on media blackout since I saw the shmup style boss from one of the trailers.

Well the first NieR was open world too, if you've played it and remember, so it isn't a big surprise. I'm expecting something similar from Automata.

Yeah, plus GMG has PC NiER for £33, so it might be a winner.

Was reading through the Zelda Travellers Tales thread though and while nothing was spoiled, there's stuff that I haven't seen and places I need to explore that I didn't know about too, so it may be that it lasts a bit longer than planned. Stuff that just isn't needed for the main game at all, but I feel like I need to experience it.

Oh, the PC version? Well that isn't out till a week later anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to wrap up Zelda.

I'm picking up my LE on Friday. Gotta get that steelbook.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Well the first NieR was open world too, if you've played it and remember, so it isn't a big surprise. I'm expecting something similar from Automata.
I was actually more judging by the fact it's platinum and the stuff I've seen and it didn't make the impression that it was open world at all just based on how environments were designed. But I might not have seen enough. I also haven't played the demo.

Hasney

Oh, the PC version? Well that isn't out till a week later anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to wrap up Zelda.

I'm picking up my LE on Friday. Gotta get that steelbook.

I was open to either PC or PS4, but may as well save around £20 and (hopefully) run it at 120fps!

I was actually more judging by the fact it's platinum and the stuff I've seen and it didn't make the impression that it was open world at all just based on how environments were designed. But I might not have seen enough. I also haven't played the demo.

This is much more of a Taro game than a Platinum game.

Mista Koo

Finished listening to both the latest podcast and Q&A. Loved Kyle's dig at himself "Clearly I'm not above selling out."
The entry point question had some very bad choices. Red & Blue is both mechanically and visually outdated. Also Sun & Moon had so many quality of life improvements that it's very accessible to newcomers. As for a Link to the Past, it put me off the series when it was my first Zelda back in 2007. Later on I enjoyed Ocarina of Time 3D and Link's Awakening and I've just started Breath of the Wild.

They mentioned Night in the Woods in the Q&A. It would be interesting to see the contrast between allies who relate to Mae and those who don't.

Another excellent Frame Trap, though, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that they limited themselves on how long to talk about Zelda. Right now, my interest in any game that isn't Zelda is at zero. It'd be nice if maybe in a few weeks the Allies could do a complete Zelda spoilercast or something.

Ray Down

Banned
Finished listening to both the latest podcast and Q&A. Loved Kyle's dig at himself "Clearly I'm not above selling out."
The entry point question had some very bad choices. Red & Blue is both mechanically and visually outdated. Also Sun & Moon had so many quality of life improvements that it's very accessible to newcomers. As for a Link to the Past, it put me off the series when it was my first Zelda back in 2007. Later on I enjoyed Ocarina of Time 3D and Link's Awakening and I've just started Breath of the Wild.

Yeah how is Sun and Moon not the better game to start off with, lol.

Gold and Silver remakes have the gen 4 slow battle system and the problems from Gen 2 mainly level disparities.

Hasney

Another excellent Frame Trap, though, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that they limited themselves on how long to talk about Zelda. Right now, my interest in any game that isn't Zelda is at zero. It'd be nice if maybe in a few weeks the Allies could do a complete Zelda spoilercast or something.

Noones played it much behind the first area bar Damiani. It's recorded on the weekend (Saturday?) And on the Friday, they did a launch stream. I think they'll be back to it in a fortnight.

Kneefoil

Yea I think so. I'll need to watch that stream then. All the other choices looked much better but voters were amused by that box art. But hey at least I didn't vote for it.

Nah, man, the box art made Pryzm look promising. It has easily the least generic box design of them all.

Plus one of the choices was Happy Feet Two. That couldn't possibly be good. And Timeshift I kind of remember, so I couldn't have voted for that one.

sora87

Wow, going from the default joycon controller to the pro controller playing zelda is amazing, pro controller is pretty damn comfy. Time to put on frame trap and explore some more hyrule!

abrack08

Yea I think so. I'll need to watch that stream then. All the other choices looked much better but voters were amused by that box art. But hey at least I didn't vote for it.

To be fair, in the Patreon post he requests specifically that people vote based on the box art, and it clearly had the most interesting box art.

sora87

There is such a jolly town in breath of the wild that i can't wait for Huber to discuss :D

Personally I can't watch streams at all so these videos are VERY much appreciated.

Ohhh that's a shame, not enough time in the day? Cause they upload the streams on youtube just in case you didn't know

Fou-Lu

Watching Bloodworth play Earthbound was as close as I'll ever feel to playing the game for the first time again. Loved the stream and look forward to eventual Earthbound Beginnings and Mother 3 streams from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom