• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

So for some reason I ended up watching pretty much the whole stream sans the Zelda part. Probably due to the fact that I couldn't find a physical version of Wii U Zelda last night.

Snipperclips was the best part since the game is actually good. It seems like most of them forget the tiptoe and undo functionalities. Huber not understanding what to do in every puzzle was kinda adorable. Damiani's no clip run was fun for a bit, but like every joke that overstays its welcome it ended up being too infuriating and annoying. The 4 player co-op was also amazing and most elaborate.
Also they decided to play one 1-2 Switch game (quick draw) about 30 times or so but not play all of the 28 games on the disc. I guess at t this point it's classic group stream shenanigans *shrug*. Ian and Kyle should do Runway on Easy Update.
I agree with whoever mentioned it (Ian?) Arms should've been a launch game. It would've been a perfect launch game and competitive multiplayer companion to Zelda.

Suggestion to the allies: make an account for each ally. This way you can show who's who in-game in games that support it (Fast RMX for example seemed to have an option for that).

Deimo5

Breath Of The Wild first review to break 100k on youtube and it only needed a couple of days. Horizon is almost there too.

Hasney

Suggestion to the allies: make an account for each ally. This way you can show who's who in-game in games that support it (Fast RMX for example seemed to have an option for that).

Yeah, that makes sense since you don't have to link it to anything.

jett

D-Member
The Switch stream was greatness. Snipperclips was game of the day. I don't own Zelda, but I sure am tired of seeing the plateau. :p

wiibomb

that switch stream was so good I had to replay it today in several parts

I just don't have my Switch yet, I'm starving, help

I just can't believe how hyped was Ben about Shovel Knight, and rightfully so, I got so pumped I'm decided to buy it again when I get my switch, such a fantastic game.

I still have my doubts on Snipperclips, yeah it was amazing, but I just see the meat in the game, I saw only 15 puzzles for the 2 player part and that worries me

Mista Koo

I still have my doubts on Snipperclips, yeah it was amazing, but I just see the meat in the game, I saw only 15 puzzles for the 2 player part and that worries me
That was just the first "world" they showed. They unlocked a new world when they beat it, so I assume there are at least 3x the puzzles we saw.

arkon

Haven't watched all of it yet but the Switch stream has been fantastic. The Snipper Clips portion in particular. Bloodworth has come out with some real classics.

"I'm not clapping for this."

So good.

Damiani's attempt at a pacifist run was my favorite bit of the Snipperclips stream. That and Ben pointing out that the eggs are color coded as opposed to timing based.

What a fantastic stream.

EZA have been doing great stuff lately with getting reviews out on launch day and all of their Switch previews and launch day stream. It's definitely reflecting in their view counts on both youtube and twitch video on demand with the numbers they're getting. It's nice as well to hear and read so many in passing talking about them and referencing their videos without the Gametrailers association, it feels like they've become a significant games media presence again.

wiibomb

That was just the first "world" they showed. They unlocked a new world when they beat it, so I assume there are at least 3x the puzzles we saw.

after that I realized there are about
puzzles for 2 players, so I'm perfectly fine now, game's amazing

I mean moving somewhere else doesn't guarantee good neighbors, and something more private is more expensive lol

Plus even if it really is a problem Kyle definitely plays it up for streams. He'll live, unlike Jimi Hendrix. I remember the first time I heard Jimi. I thought "you can do that on a record?"

Hasney

I mean moving somewhere else doesn't guarantee good neighbors, and something more private is more expensive lol

Plus even if it really is a problem Kyle definitely plays it up for streams. He'll live, unlike Jimi Hendrix. I remember the first time I heard Jimi. I thought "you can do that on a record?"

Did you see the Q&A? That wasn't being played up. You could hear them on the video.

Auctopus

Did you see the Q&A? That wasn't being played up. You could hear them on the video.

Yeah, I'd never heard it on the Tetris streams but on the Q&A, you could hear how badly the bass throbs through his walls. That would drive me insane if I lived there.

Kneefoil

I am genuinely curious what the Happy Feet game would be like, but I have sneaking suspicion it wouldn't be anything good. Voted Pryzm for the next DGM instead. That game has really amazing cover art.

Mista Koo

Listening to the Q&A. I don't like how they didn't focus on the anti-consumer part in the exclusivity question, even if it's not their forte. I think the question was going for how unique exclusivity is for this medium, how hardware manufacturers also make the entertainment content, how there are no standard formats, and how the PC is an open platform (at least theoretically).

I can imagine that, even with Gillette and Bud Light money in the bank, moving in LA is a ridiculously expensive notion.
Also leases.

I would suggest he actually talk to them, but knowing Kyle I don't think he'd be able to (not that I would).

cm osi

do we know if the allies are reviewing Nier Automata? i didn't see anything mentioned on twitter about a possible review

Lokbob

do we know if the allies are reviewing Nier Automata? i didn't see anything mentioned on twitter about a possible review

Pretty sure that Ben is reviewing the game, I remember him saying that he wants to play through all the endings before he writes the review.

Wiggy

Awesome easy update, really funny! Great way to commemorate hitting 50 shows.

Also rewatching cup of jones for clues, my current theory is Brandon is installing a batpole into the garage.

Group stream vote is up.....another Switch stream I guess

I voted Wildlands just because I'm not playing that and it's something different but obviously nothing stands a chance

Philippo

I would actually like for every one of the crew to experience NieR at least once in their lifetime, but the point where it gets good are much further, it wouldn't be a great 1-night stream game imho.

They should do a collective playthrough

Group stream vote is up.....another Switch stream I guess

I voted Wildlands just because I'm not playing that and it's something different but obviously nothing stands a chance

I know Kyle can never win with his picks, so he probably hates our constant complaints, but we just had like 8 hours of Switch games. He should've gone with Disc Jam, since it's one of the PS+ games this month.

I voted for NieR even though it stands no chance. Even if it is single player, I think most of the Allies would be really into it. Far moreso than Ghost Recon anyway.

Auctopus

I love what I've played of Wildlands and I think that stream might be dead before it even starts. Most of the Allies have seemed luke-warm at best and the chat will most likely be spamming "ubitrash" or "wow, glad I bought Horizon"

If they ramped up the difficulty and did some story missions, it might be entertaining but I think a Switch stream might be a safer bet.

Karu

I love what I've played of Wildlands and I think that stream might be dead before it even starts. Most of the Allies have seemed luke-warm at best and the chat will most likely be spamming "ubitrash" or "wow, glad I bought Horizon"

If they ramped up the difficulty and did some story missions, it might be entertaining but I think a Switch stream might be a safer bet.
That was my line of thought as well... and as I plan to play Nier that wouldn't do it for me either. Switch it is.

I'd want a multiplayer wildlands stream. Maybe If they did the setup they had for For Honor? But not really practical.

I don't want Nier group streamed. It's better for a solo stream and even that I probably wouldn't watch (cause I want to play the game...)

So, yeah, Switch stream again is the best option. Anyway, what I'm mostly looking forward in the tuesday groupstream is to see the changes touched upon on the last Cup of Jones.

Mista Koo

I'll probably skip this stream too. Maybe I'll check the skipped 1-2 Switch games this time if they decide to play them.

I just realized that Rival Schools will probably lose the poll when they finally decide to put it up to vote :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom