• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
EZA have been doing great stuff lately with getting reviews out on launch day and all of their Switch previews and launch day stream. It's definitely reflecting in their view counts on both youtube and twitch video on demand with the numbers they're getting. It's nice as well to hear and read so many in passing talking about them and referencing their videos without the Gametrailers association, it feels like they've become a significant games media presence again.

I feel like having the reviews/previews up day and date with everyone else is a big factor here. EZA reviews are generally late and I think that hurts their exposure. I expect as the brand continues to grow publishers/whatnot will be better with sending review copies as early as they do IGN, etc.

Mista Koo

The latest Waypoint podcast mentioned this article from a theme park design blog and how it's applicable to open world design in video games/Zelda. Thought this community would be into that.

The Wii U stream just went up, which sections do you guys recommend watching?
None :p
No stand out moments really. Captain Toad and Bayonetta are more skippable. The good thing about that stream is that you can actually follow everything being said due to everyone being on that couch.

I have yet to watch the Q&A but reading that Kyle was having problems with his **** neighbours saddens me.

I know from bitter personal experience how mentally destructive these inconsiderate imbeciles can be on your life. It annoys me to see people being dismissive of noisy neighbours. You should not have to live with other people's noise in your own home.

They are inconsiderate and should know, if they used that little found commodity called common sense, that their noise is intrusive. It is disingenuous to say they might not know their music is being heard that loudly. They don't care and that is the thing.

If Kyle lived in the UK I could advise him of things he could try but I obviously don't have a clue about US and/or state laws etc. I know he is introverted and speaking with them is probably not something he would do. And neither would I. You really do not know what you are dealing with when you speak to people about things like this.

I know it isn't much Kyle but I really do feel for you and completely understand what you are going through.

Edit:

And wow to the comments in Damiani's Zelda story video. I cannot believe some of the poison being thrown at EZA. Are people incapable of articulate criticism these days?!?!?

Budi

And wow to the comments in Damiani's Zelda story video. I cannot believe some of the poison being thrown at EZA. Are people incapable of articulate criticism these days?!?!?

Just checked those too, there's a person complaining about thumbnails not having production value. I don't even understand what that means. And also zero editing in the videos (besides reviews), I understand what editing is but I don't know why would Tabletop or Podcast etc. need more of it. Could this be that this person is just so used to Pewdiepie style of Youtube, where you cut after a sentence and throw in close ups just because. And thumbnails should include more girls in a bikini? But apparently not doing this shows that they don't take pride in their work. I'm confused.

That being said, browsing through all of the comments I don't see anything out of ordinary for Youtube. I rarely read Youtube comments, for obvious reasons, but I don't think these comments are anywhere near worst that I have seen. We've had same level of comments in this thread too.

Hasney

I feel like having the reviews/previews up day and date with everyone else is a big factor here. EZA reviews are generally late and I think that hurts their exposure. I expect as the brand continues to grow publishers/whatnot will be better with sending review copies as early as they do IGN, etc.

Blood worth has the numbers and he says that late reviews don't negatively affect things too much.

Just checked those too, there's a person complaining about thumbnails not having production value. I don't even understand what that means. And also zero editing in the videos (besides reviews), I understand what editing is but I don't know why would Tabletop or Podcast etc. need more of it. Could this be that this person is just so used to Pewdiepie style of Youtube, where you cut after a sentence and throw in close ups just because. And thumbnails should include more girls in a bikini? But apparently not doing this shows that they don't take pride in their work. I'm confused.

That being said, browsing through all of the comments I don't see anything out of ordinary for Youtube. I rarely read Youtube comments, for obvious reasons, but I don't think these comments are anywhere near worst that I have seen. We've had same level of comments in this thread too.

Yeah I am not sure what they meant about thumbnails. I think the EZA ones are just fine. Perhaps they are not clickbaity enough and are not full of whacky idiotic pictures and bright text comprised of around 5 different fonts. I must not be hip enough to understand what makes a good thumbnail...

I also have no idea what the editing part is about. I like the homely nature of how EZA present things; It is down-to-earth and very welcoming. You almost feel like you are there with them. I dislike greenscreen backgrounds unless it shows the actual game they are talking about. Computerised backgrounds do nothing for me.

I watched my first ever Pewdiepie video last week and every few words there seems to be a cut. It just seems unnatural to me. I could never watch any one with that type of 'editing'.

And the part that really hit me was the same person saying EZA do not take pride in their work! I mean, WTF! Of all the things to say that is the worst one.

But yeah, by Youtube standards I suppose it is pretty tame.

As relevant as ever:

UoVyTp8.gif

Budi

Blood worth has the numbers and he says that late reviews don't negatively affect things too much.

I don't check the dates, but for me it feels that most of the reviews come around the launch. Not 3 days later or something. But sure, not every review hits the release date. Though Angry Joe for example seems quite popular and his reviews always come very, very late. Doesn't hurt him much it seems.

As relevant as ever:

Indeed it is!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Super late but just saw the last poll for this months EZAnime.
Feels like a missed opportunity to not put up Ghost in the Shell in there.
Maybe for April?

Would also be a great episode for most cause it's easy to catch up on either the movie or the life action.

Hasney

Dammit, last day off of work and I still feel like I'm not even halfway through Zelda. 26 hours in according to the Switch parental controls.

Axass

Last time I said that I remember him saying it does, though... check the tapes!

Blood said that putting out reviews late is still worth it, as they rake in tons of views anyway. That said, I think it's obvious that putting out a review on embargo day would get it way more views.

Blood said that putting out reviews late is still worth it, as they rake in tons of views anyway. That said, I think it's obvious that putting out a review on embargo day would get it way more views.

Will EZA make any revenue from their Zelda review or will Nintendo gobble it all up?

Budi

Yeah just checked it myself, that's the gist of it.

Putting out a review on time helps a ton and it's something we always want to do. Unfortunately the Nier review just isn't ready yet. Working as quickly as I can and hopefully I can get it out soon. Sorry everyone!

Rainy

Banned
Putting out a review on time helps a ton and it's something we always want to do. Unfortunately the Nier review just isn't ready yet. Working as quickly as I can and hopefully I can get it out soon. Sorry everyone!

It's no problem, thanks for all the work you do!

Best to get everything right than rush it out and not be happy. Your review could be the one that tips my hand into buying the game. I am exercising self-control due to limited time but my will could waiver.

sora87

The Q&A's are so good, love having everyone together just chatting and being jolly.

In other news i finally got my switch today and Zelda is everything I dreamed it'd be, feels surreal to even be playing it after the long wait. Screen gets pretty mucky fast though, and my left joycon is being a dickhead. :(

Gurrry

The good thing about that stream is that you can actually follow everything being said due to everyone being on that couch.

This is one thing I hope they get fixed in the future. Everyone needs a lapel mic. I know theyre expensive and its not easy to mix 7-9 people, but I really hope thats one of the next things in the budget for EZA!

Philippo

Don't worry, the important is that you play it throughly, i heard even the sidequests are well written, so please go in deep!

Also, all the other major outlets are sending out P5 previews, are we getting one from you too?

cm osi

Nier automata was sold to me the moment it was announced, still im very interested in hearing your opinion. On jrpgs i pretty much trust you and kirin from rpgsite

Visceir

I'm mainly worried that they'll be just coasting on what they have until it'll slowly start withering away, like it did during the gametrailers era. I do wonder what their future plans are or if they'll just be taking things as they come depending on what the patreon support is like that month and always treat it as some-sorts of a side project.

I definitely think they are lacking and could benefit from someone in a managing role who would offer guidance on what is working/isn't working(best example being the 40k goal, lol), keep things a little more organized and maybe set some expectations with an occasional kick in the ass or encouragement if need be.

Mista Koo

I have a train trip later this week so more Frame Trap is good. Still haven't listened to the last episode too.

This is one thing I hope they get fixed in the future. Everyone needs a lapel mic. I know theyre expensive and its not easy to mix 7-9 people, but I really hope thats one of the next things in the budget for EZA!
While I agree, they aren't doing their best given their current equipment. They did a group stream with another mic in the back and I thought it went great. We never saw that mic again. Also they said they were gonna start thresholding the voice for screams and such but they're either not doing it or not doing it enough.

Budi

I'm mainly worried that they'll be just coasting on what they have until it'll slowly start withering away, like it did during the gametrailers era. I do wonder what their future plans are or if they'll just be taking things as they come depending on what the patreon support is like that month and always treat it as some-sorts of a side project.

I definitely think they are lacking and could benefit from someone in a managing role who would offer guidance on what is working/isn't working(best example being the 40k goal, lol), keep things a little more organized and maybe set some expectations with an occasional kick in the ass or encouragement if need be.

I get what you are saying, but I think that they are doing nice job in trying new things quite often. Like Brandon plays Pokemon, Damiani with these long Zelda talks and that Anime show, even though I personally don't have much interest in it currently. And I'm not sure what Brandon ment in the new Cup of Jones when he said that changes were coming to the garage too. It will be interesting to see. I think they are looking to grow and hopefully will succeed in that.

And I think Brandon has stated few times that he really would want to hire someone to handle the business side of things. But that shit is expensive. But I could see that benefitting EZA overall.

Oh I don't quite remember where it was, but Ben said to keep asking things we want them to do. So I'll throw in a request for Witcher discussion which me and atleast few others have done before. :p Maybe start a show called "A Look back at..." or something, if there's no other way we get that discussion. It's such a tease to hear Witcher mentioned in the Podcasts or Q&A, but never dived deep into the topic.

It never got the spoilercast treatment or a deep Frame Trap discussion, which I think the game certainly deserves. One of the greats! (in my hall of fame atleast)

Yep, yep! Editing it right now. :D
God. I could use a frametrap for my Zelda playthrough. It's a good podcast game.

Speaking of Zelda I played it for 14 hours yesterday. It's a game that's good at pulling you in and getting distracted. Great sense of discovery. Still got a long way to go in the game.

Hasney

God. I could use a frametrap for my Zelda playthrough. It's a good podcast game.

Speaking of Zelda I played it for 14 hours yesterday. It's a game that's good at pulling you in and getting distracted. Great sense of discovery. Still got a long way to go in the game.

I'm 30 hours in and wishing I took tomorrow off work as well. When I booked it, I didn't think it would be this big. Not complaining though.

I'm 30 hours in and wishing I took tomorrow off work as well. When I booked it, I didn't think it would be this big. Not complaining though.
Yea I'm planning g around 60-70 hours to complete and hoping to finish it in 2 weeks. Then I hope to start and finish horizon before persona 5 comes out

So far I've enjoyed it for the sense of discovery but it doesn't feel like my GOTY so far. It could change but a GOTY from me is usually has a strong narrative/characters or has gameplay with a big rush (i.e. Bloodborne)

Karu

Yea I'm planning g around 60-70 hours to complete and hoping to finish it in 2 weeks. Then I hope to start and finish horizon before persona 5 comes out

So far I've enjoyed it for the sense of discovery but it doesn't feel like my GOTY so far. It could change but a GOTY from me is usually has a strong narrative/characters or has gameplay with a big rush (i.e. Bloodborne)
They should give 6 year olds loans specifically so they can use there free time in their childhood to play all these games. What the fuck is an adult gonna do with a trillion 60 hour RPGs? :D

That's bad advice. Don't ruin your childhood, kids! Go outside! :D

They should give 6 year olds loans specifically so they can use there free time in their childhood to play all these games. What the fuck is an adult gonna do with a trillion 60 hour RPGs? :D

That's bad advice. Don't ruin your childhood, kids! Go outside! :D
Yea my game log so far in 2017 is one big game after another. Even gravity Rush 2 was a long game this time around (all side quests and missions). Only RE7 was short and sweet. Which I loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom