• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massa

Ohhh that's a shame, not enough time in the day? Cause they upload the streams on youtube just in case you didn't know

Yeah, time is an issue. I can't watch videos while working or driving (unlike podcasts), so I tend to only watch smaller, produced video features, the streams are too long. I do catch a cached stream every now and then when people rave about it here (i.e. the For Honor tournament sold me on the game).

Mista Koo

Ohhh that's a shame, not enough time in the day? Cause they upload the streams on youtube just in case you didn't know
Also they're archived on Twitch. I've been using that often recently between me watching them earlier and them posting it on Youtube later.

At least that's where I'm at. I get to work around 9 am, usually come home around 8 pm. That gives me 4 hours to go to the gym every other day/make dinner, do some household stuff (laundry, cleaning the kitchen), maybe watch something short on YouTube, deal with other day-to-day nonsense and then, maybe, watch a show or play a game. There's no time to fit a 3-4 hour stream or playthrough in there. It's just not a priority. Which is absolutely fine, since it's not for me anyway. But those "Best of"-videos are a great way to "catch up", so to speak, because sometimes you do feel excluded from some of the talk in here. I really don't think they hurt their view numbers at all.

Mista Koo

That game was fantastic and the person who made it is crazy for making it and spending all that time on it..

But please don't put if up for group tournament, I've enjoyed watching them play it but outside of watching Ben try it I don't want to watch more of it, let alone it taking over the monthly tournament. There is no way to say this without sounding rude to its creator, so I'll just say it here and not vote for it. Let's just hope no good games are in that same poll since it'll automatically win.

Another excellent Frame Trap, though, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that they limited themselves on how long to talk about Zelda. Right now, my interest in any game that isn't Zelda is at zero. It'd be nice if maybe in a few weeks the Allies could do a complete Zelda spoilercast or something.

For something as landmark as BotW, I hope they just have a discussion about that game for an hour or so with a particular set of people (Bosman & Damiani being must haves).
I get the game was literally 24hours old when they recorded that Frametrap, but dang dancing around teh Spoilersz!!! really messed the flow. Huber looked like he was gonna have a stroke every time Ian spoke. He seemed so stressed.

Karu

Just caught up with group stream. The blindside shadow drop at the end, hooooooly shit! Really really cool!

Hope it will be tournament game, but I also hope the Allies will be a bit creative with the structure as they hinted at at the end! =)

sora87

Yeah, time is an issue. I can't watch videos while working or driving (unlike podcasts), so I tend to only watch smaller, produced video features, the streams are too long. I do catch a cached stream every now and then when people rave about it here (i.e. the For Honor tournament sold me on the game).

At least that's where I'm at. I get to work around 9 am, usually come home around 8 pm. That gives me 4 hours to go to the gym every other day/make dinner, do some household stuff (laundry, cleaning the kitchen), maybe watch something short on YouTube, deal with other day-to-day nonsense and then, maybe, watch a show or play a game. There's no time to fit a 3-4 hour stream or playthrough in there. It's just not a priority. Which is absolutely fine, since it's not for me anyway. But those "Best of"-videos are a great way to "catch up", so to speak, because sometimes you do feel excluded from some of the talk in here. I really don't think they hurt their view numbers at all.

Ohhh fair enough, I work mostly from home so I can just leave the streams and stuff on in the background, although it can be distracting :p

Also yesss at the extra mic for the back row in the group stream!

Just caught up with group stream. The blindside shadow drop at the end, hooooooly shit! Really really cool!

Hope it will be tournament game, but I also hope the Allies will be a bit creative with the structure as they hinted at at the end! =)
Oh it'll be the game for sure. They basically said that. I think they'll take Jones's idea of turning the vote into the tournament rules they'll use for the stream.

Also I really love the addition of the back row mics. That was a great addition

farisr

Lights keep on going out for long periods of time. Looks like tomorrow may be my first miss from the planned release schedule. Tonight's round two vid is already edited, uploaded and scheduled. Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
One of these days Ben needs to share his system of juggling multiple games concurrently to play and especially for review :-x.
I personally can at most absorb 2-3 games with the 3rd being some comfort multiplayer game where there is not necessarily a lot new to absorb like SCII or Dota 2.
I still remember trying to juggle Spellforce Order of Dawn, Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil at the same time and by the end of it feeling like I enjoyed each game way less than I could have.
Since then I've been basically doing what Huber is doing now with just concentrating on 1 game at a time.
2 games in times where one game is specifically on one of my handhelds only and the other is on the console.

Does anyone know if there is a private iTunes feed for patrons to get the podcast early? Or if such a thing is even possible? I do almost all my podcast listening on the go and having the EZA podcast on iTunes on a Wednesday would be awesome.

wapplew

This week podcast L&R, I feel you Colin, lot's of ship have sailed on EZA conversation.
Just finished Horizon, try to find some spoiler cast but everyone already moved on to Zelda ship that I'm still on media blackout until April. Can't watch any EZA content with Zelda etc. I picked the wrong battle and it's sucked.
I think mostly unique to busy season, hope they'll do one special podcast talk about their favorites game of Q1.

Between the Zelda discussion and that Persona moment that I won't spoil, this podcast is REALLY jolly so far and I have to hand it to the Allies for making me smile so much while I work late tonight

Edit: Just finished and holy crap I am dying at that ending!

Mista Koo

I should have watched the group stream in order. The fangame was the best and only great part of the stream and it was the first thing I watched.

And they managed to stream 1-2 Switch twice and still haven't played all of the 28 games!

I should have watched the group stream in order. The fangame was the best and only great part of the stream and it was the first thing I watched.

And they managed to stream 1-2 Switch twice and still haven't played all of the 28 games!

I mean, we're not trying to Platinum the game, just play it.

Does anyone know if there is a private iTunes feed for patrons to get the podcast early? Or if such a thing is even possible? I do almost all my podcast listening on the go and having the EZA podcast on iTunes on a Wednesday would be awesome.

It's not really possible. There are some systems that use "secret" feeds, but once you have the link to the feed, you have it for life. The individual audio links are always posted on Patreon each Wednesday though.

Hasney

It's not really possible. There are some systems that use "secret" feeds, but once you have the link to the feed, you have it for life. The individual audio links are always posted on Patreon each Wednesday though.

There is a premium RSS feed now though added at the end of past hear. Generates a link specific to the individual patron that stops working if they drop backing.

We Have Concerns talk about it here

https://www.patreon.com/posts/patron-only-rss-6776774

There is a premium RSS feed now though added at the end of past hear. Generates a link specific to the individual patron that stops working if they drop backing.

We Have Concerns talk about it here

https://www.patreon.com/posts/patron-only-rss-6776774
If this is true, it hasn't been explained very well, as I haven't seen it documented anywhere. Of course it still wouldn't work with things like iTunes, but if more people can confirm that this is how it works, I can run it by the podcast producers.

Hasney

If this is true, it hasn't been explained very well, as I haven't seen it documented anywhere. Of course it still wouldn't work with things like iTunes, but if more people can confirm that this is how it works, I can run it by the podcast producers.

Yeah, there's nothing on Patreon itself about it, but here's someone else doing it

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rss-feed-6768364

There's news about it from 3rd parties too, but yeah, no idea why it's so hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom