• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
its really great. If you're still in doubt try out the demo

No need, I've seen enough to know I'll be hooked. My only problem is the lineup over the next few months is completely insane, so who knows how much time I'll get to put in it. I doubt I'd be able to keep up with all the releases even if I quit work, quit having a life and just played games 24/7.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Ben and Brandon's Dragon Quest Builders streams have sold me on the game. It looks awesome. I think I'll pick it up tomorrow and hope I can get some game time in somewhere.

Watching them made me really want to play Dragon Quest. Builders looks so jolly but then I also kind of want to play 7 but then trails of cold steel 2 is coming to EU in a few weeks...
So the DQ bug biting me right now stings a little.
Also bad is how much my anticipation for DQ11 just skyrocketed.

Mista Koo

Between encouraging pay more to play early and bad mouthing SM3DW, Kyle loses a lot of werehogs for the last podcast.
Developers wish they'd get a cent from that "pay more than double" edition.

Between encouraging pay more to play early and bad mouthing SM3DW, Kyle loses a lot of werehogs for the last podcast.
Developers wish they'd get a cent from that "pay more than double" edition.

It might make a game profitable enough that the devs can make a sequel - which they get paid to make.

It's not direct, but also not a massive stretch to say it has a positive impact on devs.

Smug Bosman already showing that Keighley money.

tumblr_n954k60GRU1r0i0mqo9_500.gif

J-Skee

Prob hosting the Red Dead Reveal stream for Rockstar.

I feel like I'm missing something. Did he say he was going to be out of town or something? That's a big thing to just assume, especially because Rockstar doesn't typically do reveal streams.

Salty Hippo

13 hours from now.

See the schedule at http://easyallies.com/

Cool, thanks. A little late for me but I'll try to be there.

Can't wait for Clanker's Cavern, probably my favorite level.

Mine too. But Kyle is terrible at swimming, he'll probably get frustrated. He can't even direct the movement of the character properly. I think he's not used to inverted swimming controls, he often buries Banjo's head on the ground when he needs swim up. I tweeted him a bunch of tips, hope he reads it.

He also stopped near Bubblegoop Swamp in the last stream. He should do Clanker's carvern first to get the invincibility skill.

Kneefoil

I feel like I'm missing something. Did he say he was going to be out of town or something? That's a big thing to just assume, especially because Rockstar doesn't typically do reveal streams.

He's joking. Brandon is out celebrating his wife's birthday. Source: last week's group stream.

muteki

Mine too. But Kyle is terrible at swimming, he'll probably get frustrated. He can't even direct the movement of the character properly. I think he's not used to inverted swimming controls, he often buries Banjo's head on the ground when he needs swim up. I tweeted him a bunch of tips, hope he reads it.

He also stopped near Bubblegoop Swamp in the last stream. He should do Clanker's carvern first to get the invincibility skill.

It has been too long since I last played, I don't remember if you are locked out of some jiggies if you go for Bubblegoop Swalp first or not. He should listen to chat though.

Swimming wise I just think it took a while for him to notice the slow swim button. That and most of the swim sections so far have been close-quarters with obstacles. Clanker's is much more open and hard to get stuck.

But I wonder how much longer he will keep up playing for 100%, some of the later levels/jiggies are really frustrating.

Salty Hippo

It has been too long since I last played, I don't remember if you are locked out of some jiggies if you go for Bubblegoop Swalp first or not. He should listen to chat though.

Swimming wise I just think it took a while for him to notice the slow swim button. That and most of the swim sections so far have been close-quarters with obstacles. Clanker's is much more open and hard to get stuck.

But I wonder how much longer he will keep up playing for 100%, some of the later levels/jiggies are really frustrating.

Nah it's 100% impossible to get any collectible locked out, there are few jiggies you need a specific skill (from world 3 onwards) to get. The big bulk of really important skills are learned in the first two worlds, and you just need 3 jiggies in total to open those. But sometimes if you play in the wrong order you can miss some stuff and have to backtrack later after you got the skill. That is, if you want to 100%. And he said he wants to.

Yes Clanker's is open, but if you suck at swimming, lifting Clanker won't be easy. Very tense moment for first players, you need to be fast and precise to collect air bubbles. I think he'll drown for sure, lol.

Yes Clanker's is open, but if you suck at swimming, lifting Clanker won't be easy. Very tense moment for first players, you need to be fast and precise to collect air bubbles. I think he'll drown for sure, lol.

Or getting those god damn music notes down there. Missing the air bubbles and running out of air is no fun :(

Salty Hippo

Or getting those god damn music notes down there. Missing the air bubbles and running out of air is no fun :(

Yeah, he'll panic for sure. I think the swimming controls are great though. Kyle just needs to get used to the momentum. He probably still has Mario 64's controls in his mind. Banjo's is more weighty (and realistic), but there are tricks to make it more precise. For example, you can come to a complete halt at any moment of the animation by quickly switching from the fast swim button to the slower one. Then it's very easy to maneuver.

Get close to the bubble quickly with the fast kazooie swim, switch to the slower button for precision, catch bubble. I love this part of the level, one my favorite jiggies in the entire game. So tense and bold from a design standpoint.

Disappointed in the PSVR group stream voting options. No playroom VR , no don't talk or you will explode, or other group stream VR games. And ten picks 1 non VR game that is the best group stream option. And with 5 VR games and 1 non VR game I don't think the PSVR stream tomorrow will happen

Kasper

Disappointed in the PSVR group stream voting options. No playroom VR , no don't talk or you will explode, or other group stream VR games. And ten picks 1 non VR game that is the best group stream option. And with 5 VR games and 1 non VR game I don't think the PSVR stream tomorrow will happen

I agree, it was a poor decision on Kyle's part. He probably didn't think about it too much before jotting down the options. Or maybe the crop of games are just the ones that he'd also like to play outside of the group stream environment.

wapplew

Playroom VR is free, the vote is for Kyle next VR purchase not the game they will play, right?

Oh wow, I didn't notice Jackbox in there when I glanced at the email. Yeah, that's pretty lame.

Voted for the non VR game. Group stream is about the group having fun together, not one guy with goggles and earphones playing on his lonesome while everyone else sits around waiting for a go.
The last VR stream was one of their worst because of that, people were stopping playing before the game was finished because they knew there was a queue to use it.

Hasney

Can't remember which VR game I voted for, but I hope they take into account that the votes will be split amongst VR games and Jackbox. Jackbox is great, but it can be played next week, probably the only chance on VR unless something cool and multiplayer gets released.

Massa

Voted for the non VR game. Group stream is about the group having fun together, not one guy with goggles and earphones playing on his lonesome while everyone else sits around waiting for a go.
The last VR stream was one of their worst because of that, people were stopping playing before the game was finished because they knew there was a queue to use it.

PSVR has some great local multiplayer games.

Karu

I almost got a heartattack when Kyle was asked on Fun Game Monday why they don't have a studio yet, and he said they are not at 50k yet, they are at only around 47k lol I visit Patreon every day, but never look. He corrected himself, but only 3 minutes later.

One can dream for a second haha...

El-Suave

I almost got a heartattack when Kyle was asked on Fun Game Monday why they don't have a studio yet, and he said they are not at 50k yet, they are at only around 47k lol I visit Patreon every day, but never look. He corrected himself, but only 3 minutes later.

One can dream for a second haha...

That might be what they make in total with Twitch, Youtube etc.. They won't get rich either way with so many people to support, so nobody should mind anyway. They need a few more months under their belt before taking that next step since it's a pretty big one.

Last time Brandon missed the podcast Disney Infinity was cancelled and now this. Everytime he goes from the podcast is exactly when I want to hear from him.

Mista Koo

It might make a game profitable enough that the devs can make a sequel - which they get paid to make.

It's not direct, but also not a massive stretch to say it has a positive impact on devs.
That line of thinking can also be applied on scummy microtransactions in AAA games.

That game doesn't stream well on PSVR. The social screen only shows the bomb defusal manual.
(I assume you meant Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.)

Budi

Oh Huber, i'm a bit disappointed with the Mafia 3 review score (with the game too tbh). Personally I think it's quite strong 3 stars, maybe even 3½. 31 hours played currently so not quite yet finished. Didn't disagree with anything in the review text itself though, so a good review once again.

I think it's the bugs that bring it down. If you don't encounter any terrible ones like he highlighted in the review your opinion would definitely be a bit more favorable. Still a 3 though

Also Jones saying Vito like "V. Toe", is that the proper pronunciation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom