• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

I think it's the bugs that bring it down. If you don't encounter any terrible ones like he highlighted in the review your opinion would definitely be a bit more favorable. Still a 3 though

Also Jones saying Vito like "V. Toe", is that the proper pronunciation?

Yeah I've been really lucky with bugs and crashes, not a single crash in 31 hours playtime (on PC). There were the constant changes in the lightning of the game that was very jarring, but they patched it very quickly. Besides that I haven't encountered bugs either really. Something minor with NPCs sure, but nothing game breaking. Someone getting stuck or clipping with enviroment, stuff like that.

About the pronounciation of Vito, this is how he is called in Mafia 3 https://youtu.be/fUTohbDoDmA?t=80 it's really early game cinematic so spoiler warning! Link is to the exact part in the video where Vito is said.

About the pronounciation of Vito, this is how he is called in Mafia 3 https://youtu.be/fUTohbDoDmA?t=80 it's really early game cinematic so spoiler warning! Link is to the exact part in the video where Vito is said.
Yeah I have the game, it just seemed like Jones was deliberately putting more emphasis on the "t" than I've ever heard someone pronounce it

And yeah I haven't seen any crazy glitches in my 10ish hours with the game. Beyond standard open world jank and bad AI

Oh Huber, i'm a bit disappointed with the Mafia 3 review score (with the game too tbh). Personally I think it's quite strong 3 stars, maybe even 3½. 31 hours played currently so not quite yet finished. Didn't disagree with anything in the review text itself though, so a good review once again.

Review was spot on imo, the game is mediocre at its peak.
Even forgetting the damn bugs (which u can't*) the game is boring and repetitive to the worst degree. The game features almost no variety or dynamics after the prologues misleading excellent 1st hour, Even the story is cookie cutter revenge fluff by the end.

*Worst glitch was after upgrading and giving Cassandra lots of districts just to unlock the best shotgun, the game would spaz and instead give me the standard one every time I chose to buy the best one.
Garbage. What a waste of time.

ito007

Inferior sounds so dramatic lol. Cool review of mafia 3 though. I was completely unaware of how repetitive the missions are so I'm glad I checked this out

I need a PS VR. Those launch bundles need to go back in stock.
It's a ton of fun. I haven't been this pumped for new tech in ages.

What's really interesting about Ben's reaction is he's been super like warm about VR leading up to it. So to see him rave about the Vive and PSVR is pretty cool to see.

I hope the x-wing game delivers this fall

eFKac

Awesome stream! Everything looked and worked great.

IT was amazing watching Ben dance, and Kyle enjoying himself so much!

Hopefully more PSVR streams when more multiplayer games come out.

Maybe the two star rating should just be:

EH

Anyway, group stream was hilarious. I'm tempering my enthusiasm on PSVR because I just don't think the tech is quite there yet, but the potential is self-evident... and it's really compelling.

Dmax3901

Catching up on the Palmer Luckey Frame Trap and reading the youtube comments. Fuck me there are some stupid people on this planet.

Philippo

I've been travelling for a little over a month, and only had time to follow the main content (podcasts, HH and Ez Updt), but i've missed all the streams.
Any really good moments from group streams worth of catching up?

I've been travelling for a little over a month, and only had time to follow the main content (podcasts, HH and Ez Updt), but i've missed all the streams.

The tournament of last week,and the PSVR stream this week are def stream highlights.

I will echo the sentiment that you should check out the PSVR group stream. It was a lot of fun.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Great VR stream. Ben playing Miku was amazing, Kyle getting to see how great a 3D platformer Robot Rescue is, and Brad as the tallest of Batmen. Oh and Damiani rattled throughout and trying to shit on it shows how much fear this is generating amongst the parish of once exclusive 'innovation'.

I don't remember Damiani shitting on it. I thought the opinion was fairly positive overall at least during the stream from pretty much everyone.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
What about the anniversary stream? I tried to get into it but 6+ hours is too much to handle.

It wasn't particularly good. It seemed a lot more amateur compared to their Launch stream with a lot of video interlude problems (Youtube adverts playing on stuff they should easily have downloaded beforehand and queued up) and some poor game picks. Overcooked segmentwas probably the main highlight.

sinxtanx

TTE 28: aw yiss the time for shenanigans has come once again

EDIT: just for fun, I gave the arcs silly titles and ratings

Prologue (eps 1-7): Fire cave ★★★
Arc 1 (eps 8-17): "I want to see the Baron" ★★★★★
Arc 2 (eps 17-28): Witch Doctor Island ★★★★

Kasper

Interesting, for me the "I want to see the Baron" arc was a 2/5. I agree with you on the other two, though.

Hasney

TTE 28: aw yiss the time for shenanigans has come once again

Yup. Although Arc 1 I would maybe try and break the score limit for. Or just settle for a prestigious AOTY award.

openrob

Honestly, I really want the EZA crew to pump out some decent content.

I enjoy the podcast etc, but there is only so much of chat shows that keeps me interested. What got me hooked on GT was the reviews, but also the dedicated well written/produced shows like The Final Bosmian, or Huber Hype.

I feel that the EZA crew have focused on being personalities, but I feel that it won't sustain them as great as they can be.

I say this with total L&R. I enjoy spending time watching their stuff, but am really looking forward to more videos like the retrospectives, Game sleuths, and stuff from Don (oh my god that guy is a genius haha).

Long story short, getting a little burned out on podcasts, etc as cool as they are. Looking forward to intentionally produced content.

Interesting, for me the "I want to see the Baron" arc was a 2/5. I agree with you on the other two, though.

Really? Comfortably my favourite part so far. I think the group works best when they have third-party characters to play off, which is why the best scenes on strange island were Moof or Gold Boy scenes.

Long story short, getting a little burned out on podcasts, etc as cool as they are. Looking forward to intentionally produced content.

They just have far more limitations now than before. Time, money, personnel. I miss the shows, but they require a lot of time put in compared to other forms of content (podcasts, streams). Hopefully we see a new Game Sleuth soon to scratch that itch.

Honestly, I really want the EZA crew to pump out some decent content.

I enjoy the podcast etc, but there is only so much of chat shows that keeps me interested. What got me hooked on GT was the reviews, but also the dedicated well written/produced shows like The Final Bosmian, or Huber Hype.

I feel that the EZA crew have focused on being personalities, but I feel that it won't sustain them as great as they can be.

I say this with total L&R. I enjoy spending time watching their stuff, but am really looking forward to more videos like the retrospectives, Game sleuths, and stuff from Don (oh my god that guy is a genius haha).

You are gonna love the next couple of weeks.

Kasper

Really? Comfortably my favourite part so far. I think the group works best when they have third-party characters to play off, which is why the best scenes on strange island were Moof or Gold Boy scenes.

I agree with you on when they work the best. The problem for me was Huber and the way he behaved during that portion of the show. A tangent here and there is fun, but this was basically an improv game where every "yes" from the other players were met with a "no" from Huber. I guess what either made or ruined this arc for someone were whether or not Huber's antics clicked with you, and for me they just didn't. The way Law developed as an insanely annoying version of Hogger put me off big time.

That's not to say that everything happening during that time was bad (loved Moof's injury for example), but I was just close to stopping watching the show over Huber. Thankfully he's changed a lot and seems to play along nicely now. The show has been great ever since they left the city.

"Just a warning, we are recording this podcast with no Ian and no Jones."

No need to tell us Kyle, we could already tell by the poor sound quality and the fact you are 50% out of shot. lol

Pie and Beans

Damiani segment of the podcast on VR was embarrassing. Complete with checkbox 3DTV comparison.

It's a shame because it was a fun fast and loose podcast up to that point, and then the fanboy part of his brain took over completely and everyone sat there bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom