• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahorel

Was the story time show pulled in favor of the podcasts? Admittedly the podcasts are double the excitement , more things to keep my busy at work!

Joqu

Was the story time show pulled in favor of the podcasts? Admittedly the podcasts are double the excitement , more things to keep my busy at work!

Yeah story time is dead. I feel like it could become some occasional Frame Trap bit or something though, I dunno

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I know a drop is inevitable but... we're getting so close to Trailer Jones now ;_;

We'll get there. E3 is around the corner that could be huge for EZA as well depending on what they do. The event is ripe for sudden exposure like they got their GoW reactions shared last year by the devs and the views blew up on that one.
I just hope they can be on top of splitting exceptional stuff of in smaller segments to make it easy to share.

Joqu

We'll get there. E3 is around the corner that could be huge for EZA as well depending on what they do. The event is ripe for sudden exposure like they got their GoW reactions shared last year by the devs and the views blew up on that one.
I just hope they can be on top of splitting exceptional stuff of in smaller segments to make it easy to share.

You're right of course. E3's exciting stuff and the reactions tend to give them some really good exposure! I just hope it's another good one! We need great surprises for great reactions.

I'm not too worried about hitting these goals in the long term anyway, I'm sure we'll even get to the studio in due time. I'm just impatient.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
You're right of course. E3's exciting stuff and the reactions tend to give them some really good exposure! I just hope it's another good one! We need great surprises for great reactions.

I'm not too worried about hitting these goals in the long term anyway, I'm sure we'll even get to the studio in due time. I'm just impatient.

I feel you at least I think this is a clear sign that they have major influence over the patreon. So whenever growth slows down again they at least know now that they can change that beyond just waiting organically for people to come in through reviews and other stuff.
I can easily see them making the 5 dollar tier more enticing provided they have a good idea and that then converting more 1 dollar patrons. I was so easily convinced to jump to the movie tier. Like in retrospect I wasn't taking the feedback on story time seriously enough. But I feel like it really shows that the patreon will move if what they offer is what people want.

I feel you at least I think this is a clear sign that they have major influence over the patreon. So whenever growth slows down again they at least know now that they can change that beyond just waiting organically for people to come in through reviews and other stuff.
I can easily see them making the 5 dollar tier more enticing provided they have a good idea and that then converting more 1 dollar patrons. I was so easily convinced to jump to the movie tier.
Yea I knew they'd get a good bump from the $7 tier from the existing patreons

Doing a mega stream twice a year would be good for thing to do. Keeps the patreon numbers up and can spike to new levels

Bloodworth doing call outs of patreons and patreon uppers was a really good idea. Get the twitch feedback but money going to patreon instead

Joqu

I can easily see them making the 5 dollar tier more enticing provided they have a good idea and that then converting more 1 dollar patrons. I was so easily convinced to jump to the movie tier.

Like in retrospect I wasn't taking the feedback on story time seriously enough. But I feel like it really shows that the patreon will move if what they offer is what people want.

They could definitely keep the funding bumped up with the right moves, these streams do wonders. So yeah, I hope they can find some other ways to keep the funding up!

And yeah, I remember sharing my concerns about storytime in here quite a while ago. It's a bummer to me though, I really would've liked that show. But the interest really wasn't high enough.

Ah, I wish I could've bumped my pledge today, I'm one of the measly 1 dollar patrons myself. /:

Not to make it personal but I'm literally close to zero on my bank account right now, so uh, it just isn't the right time. Some (err, a lot of...) unexpected costs just after investing in a Switch, blegh. Oh well, not in trouble or anything. :L

They could definitely keep the funding bumped up with the right moves, these streams do wonders. So yeah, I hope they can find some other ways to keep the funding up!

And yeah, I remember sharing my concerns about storytime in here quite a while ago. It's a bummer to me though, I really would've liked that show. But the interest really wasn't high enough.

Ah, I wish I could've bumped my pledge today, I'm one of the measly 1 dollar patrons myself. /:

Not to make it personal but I'm literally close to zero on my bank account right now, so uh, it just isn't the right time. Some (err, a lot of...) unexpected costs just after investing in a Switch, blegh. Oh well, not in trouble or anything. :L
Dude don't sweat it. $1 patreons are a big part of the group. Take care of what you need to

Edit: Mental damage. Hahaha

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah mean don't sweat it. I used to think at the very start of EZA that I might prefer just paying 60 bucks for the year because it would make budgeting way easier.
But I've really come to appreciate the flexibility of Patreon. That you can drop down and go up is super nice and given that gaming can be quite a costly hobby this flexibility has helped me out a lot over the last year. Patreon to me is like the new modern version of magazine subscriptions that I used to have just so much more flexible.

Joqu

Dude don't sweat it. $1 patreons are a big part of the group. Take care of what you need to

Yeah mean don't sweat it. I used to think at the very start of EZA that I might prefer just paying 60 bucks for the year because it would make budgeting way easier.
But I've really come to appreciate the flexibility of Patreon. That you can drop down and go up is super nice and given that gaming can be quite a costly hobby this flexibility has helped me out a lot over the last year. Patreon to me is like the new modern version of magazine subscriptions that I used to have just so much more flexible.

Yeah, I know, I know, gotta take care of myself first. Thanks. <3

Just that I was planning on increasing to a nice 5 (well, 7 now) just recently so it's a bit of a bummer to me I can't do it for the anniversary. I get so much entertainment out of these guys, $1 a month doesn't seem fair.

Anyway enough about me, it's cool D:

Hasney

Is there a summary of the announcements so far?

The movie podcast is monthly, will have a theme over episode and look at everything from nerdy film school movies to the hot releases. Will have a viewing assignment that takes the theme from the current episode and leads into the next theme. $7 gets the podcast early and access to the film club.

Nintendo podcast is bi-weekly and will be on the weeks Frame Trap isn't. Won't be news focused unless there's something huge or not picked up by the EZA cast, but will mostly be talking about evergreen topics like why the 64 failed, or the Sega V Nintendo years

Both of those are $40k goals and will stop of it drops under that, but there's a good buffer now.

The final show is Don't Skip. Basically a quick hit impressions of a game someone's been playing, but font have time for a full review. Fully edited and scripted and voiced by Jones like a review would be.

Blood Pact tier is dropping to $60

The movie podcast is monthly, will have a theme over episode and look at everything from nerdy film school movies to the hot releases. Will have a viewing assignment that takes the theme from the current episode and leads into the next theme. $7 gets the podcast early and access to the film club.

Nintendo podcast is bi-weekly and will be on the weeks Frame Trap isn't. Won't be news focused unless there's something huge or not picked up by the EZA cast, but will mostly be talking about evergreen topics like why the 64 failed, or the Sega V Nintendo years

Both of those are $40k goals and will stop of it drops under that, but there's a good buffer now.

The final show is Don't Skip. Basically a quick hit impressions of a game someone's been playing, but font have time for a full review. Fully edited and scripted and voiced by Jones like a review would be.

Blood Pact tier is dropping to $60

Thank you very much, Hansey. It sounds good and I'm happy about the buffer they got on Patreon. The next month is going to be interesting.

Ooooh I love it. Great name too, telling the viewer not to skip it while also not overlooking it on their end

I remember Ben mentioning that sort of thing on a recent podcast but I was distracted by the shiny new podcast announcements, nice surprise

I was playing Nier all day so I'll need to catch up on some highlights from last night and the live show as well. Oh god it's 3:36am what am I doing

Hasney

Im thinking about getting the Allies this thing

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKNZT1P/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think if set up right it would really help with streaming. Anyone know if they use OBS? Its either that or Xplit.

I believe they mentioned XSplit for the group streams before as I remember Bosman saying that he was still an OBS hold out when most of them use XSplit.

That thing looks awesome though. I might get one for myself instead of using a crappy second monitor.

Philippo

Blood's segment had me rolling.
I love this bunch of weirdos running around LA to shoot dumb videos <3

Also lol@Huber licking the lollipop

edit: HEY JOEY!!!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Im thinking about getting the Allies this thing

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKNZT1P/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think if set up right it would really help with streaming. Anyone know if they use OBS? Its either that or Xplit.

Depends. Ben uses OBS, if I remember correctly. Kyle used to use Xsplit, but switched to OBS to fix the audio crackle he had during BosWoz. He dislikes OBS' user interface though. In the garage they use Xsplit.

It is nice to see the bump in the Patreon numbers. Fingers crossed it doesn't take any significant drop when the payments process.

Anyway, I have a tonne to catch up with today and I look forward to watching the EZA Concert tonight and the stream all through today whilst I work.

Good job to every one.

sora87

Don't Skip is great, I'd personally prefer the Just Played format but I know it's not feasible without a studio and Don't Skip is a smart way around it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yo fellow allies mind sharing your favorite Huber Syndrome episodes?
Whenever they announce new shows they should do a sneak peak pilot with an episode.
I love this idea given they haven't needed it so far because they mostly could reference it to prior work. But still man having proof of concept on what the new trailer jones would be would be so nice, but it feels like almost asking too much.
Just in case you couldn't follow the stream. Don't Skip does have a pilot episode.

sora87

I find it amusing how the chat thinks them playing quiplash is too blue, they'd probably have a heart attack watching kinda funny play it

Gutted I missed the entire live stream. Had planned to catch at least an hour or two before going to bed last night, but it was parents evening at the school I teach at last night and after talking to thirty sets of parents I literally walked in the house and passed out.

Can't wait to dive into that and the concert video tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom