• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

EZAnime sports poll is up?
Gotta vote for Hajime no Ippo asap.
I would've had trouble if Major was there (which I ended up loving despite not liking baseball, as man, that series literally takes you from that character's childhood, to adult life, while spending ample amounts of time at each part of his life), but yeah out of that selection, Hajime no Ippo no doubt. I really want Huber to watch both Major and Ippo.

That reminds me, I still need to see the stuff that came out after New Challenger (Rising?)

Nobody knows yet. The $1k dude could have dropped his pledge and large pledges will have already been paid. We just have to wait.

Yeah, it's not really exact. There's payment for May to be rectified and pledges for June that have been lowered. We're in the middle of this, the actual value collected is private to EZA.

Philippo

I would've had trouble if Major was there (which I ended up loving despite not liking baseball, as man, that series literally takes you from that character's childhood, to adult life, while spending ample amounts of time at each part of his life), but yeah out of that selection, Hajime no Ippo no doubt. I really want Huber to watch both Major and Ippo.

That reminds me, I still need to see the stuff that came out after New Challenger (Rising?)

It's okay. A bit boring, but that's a problem of the source, it was a rather plain period of the story. Stoll, what comes in the manga right after that is when the quality ramps up again.

No doubt. How amazing would it be to get Huber to watch it and join the podcast.

It's such a Huber show he'd absolutely love it.

It's Micheal P Huber: the Anime.
Mike if you watch it, your anime life will change.

Damn that drop is huge :(

My payment got trough. I still feel like Kyle's video explaining Box peek should have been a public youtube video.. It's something entirely new, and a lot of people dont check their patreon. Pretty sure a lot of people aren't aware of this..

Lexad

Damn that drop is huge :(

My payment got trough. I still feel like Kyle's video explaining Box peek should have been a public youtube video.. It's something entirely new, and a lot of people dont check their patreon. Pretty sure a lot of people aren't aware of this..

Damn. We will just need to see if they got the one time $1000 and who else fixes their credit cards in the next few days

Tregard

Soothsayer
The podcast sign-off was so, so good.

It made me realise I have *no* idea what Huber's, Damiani's or Ben's sign-offs are.

"Cheers"
"See you when the next blood moon rises"
"Fuck the Republic and Fuck the Senate"
"Good Night & Good Game"
"Tomorrow is forever all ours"

???

Kneefoil

I was already looking forward to seeing Ben tie up the loose ends in Xenoblade Chronicles tonight, but it seems the stream has been pushed to Sunday. Oh well...

Naythan

Well, if they just barely miss Box Peek's goal, you can't really blame patrons. People stretched out their money, including me, but they made the decision to never make a public video about it. It was a hidden proposal for no real reason that I could see. They finally made it an actual goal on Patreon but I feel like a planned dump of all this info and having it ready to go on Patreon immediately would have helped them sustain the push through into this month (though it could go back to 44k easily still at this point and I hope it does). I understand emphasizing "patrons first" but any advertisement of the idea would have helped boost the numbers even more.

Maybe it would have been better for them to save the Box Peek proposal for after E3 if they were worried about making it public during this busy season.

Tankard

Well, if they just barely miss Box Peek's goal, you can't really blame patrons. People stretched out their money, including me, but they made the decision to never make a public video about it. It was a hidden proposal for no real reason that I could see. They finally made it an actual goal on Patreon but I feel like a planned dump of all this info and having it ready to go on Patreon immediately would have helped them sustain the push through into this month (though it could go back to 44k easily still at this point and I hope it does). I understand emphasizing "patrons first" but any advertisement of the idea would have helped boost the numbers even more.

Maybe it would have been better for them to save the Box Peek proposal for after E3 if they were worried about making it public during this busy season.

It's already basically back to 44K, i don't think this one was ever in danger. What is at risk is Trailer Jones.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was already looking forward to seeing Ben tie up the loose ends in Xenoblade Chronicles tonight, but it seems the stream has been pushed to Sunday. Oh well...

I'm super glad he's doing it Sunday and not today. Would have missed most of the fun finale stuff while at work.

Axass

Who the fuck are these guys, lol.

They just popped on the scene and have a crazy patreon with almost no drops whatsoever. Just a straight line up.

Everyone else has patreons that flux like crazy. These guys? Almost perfectly straight.

Easy, they talk about politics.

BTW, since we're already back at 44k, Box Peek is a given.

Pernicious Panda

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the wild swings in funding would give me heartburn.

Who the fuck are these guys, lol.

They just popped on the scene and have a crazy patreon with almost no drops whatsoever. Just a straight line up.

Everyone else has patreons that flux like crazy. These guys? Almost perfectly straight.

Theirs dropped 2.5k from April 30th to May 1st. EZA dropped 1.5k, which is the only point I was making by linking them.

Everyone seems to see that 1-3k drop on the first of the month.

Tsosie

My patreon feed shows that they broke 44k again. Still about 50 or so patrons down from the pre-june count, so it is feasible to hit 45k with people clearing charges with their bank. At any rate, it is still an almost 3k growth compared to last month.

Philippo

Isn't that most shonen anime though :p?

He needs to watch Gurren Lagann and Haikyuu too.

Yes but Ippo really has all the elements Huber appreciates:
-Context (all athlethes have backstories fleshed out before and after their matches, even those with one time only appearances)
-Realism (the author itself wrote for boxing magazines and has his own gym)
-Charm (the main cast is full of personality, and the underdog atmosphere make you really love them)
-Jolly (again, the camaraderie is top tier stuff)
-Build up, tension and high stakes for every match
-Amazing soundtrack and sound effects
-HYPE moments, lots and lots of them

EZAnime sports poll is up?
Gotta vote for Hajime no Ippo asap.
As awesome as Ippo would be, that would be a huge undertaking. I'd rather have something like Kuroko or Haikyuu as they can get through it quicker and produce another episode quicker. but I am seeing the polls, I seem to be in the minority.

Axass

My patreon feed shows that they broke 44k again. Still about 50 or so patrons down from the pre-june count, so it is feasible to hit 45k with people clearing charges with their bank. At any rate, it is still an almost 3k growth compared to last month.

They're actually still 175 patrons down.

Bahorel

I'm optimistic that e3 will bring in a lot of new people again, even if it's just long time watchers who are ready to take the plunge :)

Mikey Jr.

One way I look at is how they compare to the start of last month vs this month?

May 1st, they were at

5953 Patrons
$41,719

They are starting June off at

6059 Patrons
$44,000

So they are already 100 patrons and about $2000 ahead.

I say this is a win in my book, haha.

45k will be the new baseline in my opinion.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
calm down people and remember
The real number is the payout that we get between the 5th to the 8th. Due to some of the big one-time gifts, it's quite likely that deposit will be higher than where the public pledge figure will be at that point.
Too early to judge the numbers now.

Philippo

As awesome as Ippo would be, that would be a huge undertaking. I'd rather have something like Kuroko or Haikyuu as they can get through it quicker and produce another episode quicker. but I am seeing the polls, I seem to be in the minority.

I'm of the opposite idea, i'd gladly wait longer if it means they go with the superior series.
Hell i'd even wait for them to catch with the manga!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest ippo is the rare series where you can have a very informed view without being up to date in my opinion. It's a series that at it's core is very unchanging in a way and executes a proven formula just really well which makes for a fun read.
It's the type I of series I feel like I could drop for 200 chapters and just pick up again without necessarily missing all that much in those 200.

I put my vote on Haikyuu cause it's something people often try to get me into and it hasn't worked out so far for me so maybe the added motivation could help.
My hearts says Eyeshield21 though but the anime is so bad that I can't vote in good conscience. It's still to this days one of my favorite more character focused sports manga that strikes a great balance between the sport itself and building up people you just want to win.
Plus Murata has been one of my favorite artists for a long time now. It's incredible how much he evolved since the first Eyeshield chapters and nowadays just doing godly Onepunchman redraws. I even used to watch him stream drawing Onepunchman chapters. Not sure if he still does that anymore though.

Also EZAnime is improving noticeably with each episode for me. I personally think it's as expected Ben and Brad getting more comfortable or just more organized within the dual cast setting. Conversation has been way smoother compared to some past episode.
Thanks to both for putting int he work!

Hah, Huber is in rare form on his newest episode. Worried he's going to injure himself via the hype flowing through him. Anyways, got the job done, i'm hyped there with him.

Anticol

Banned
So ttthe number is down $1500 and blood says the real number comes the 5th or 6th, maybe some people forgot to put some money into ther balance and will do it once they check their email, happened to me before.

Maybe if will recover past 45k, its hard but there's a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom