• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like there's a deadline for Trailer Score. The patreon is consistently growing, even if we dont get it this month we will get it here in a few months anyways.

I don't even know what my E3 hopes and dreams are. Most would center on seeing more of God of War, Spider-Man, seeing Wolfenstein announced, and hoping Nintendo shows up wit a lot of new game announcements that I thought would be there in their Pre launch press conference

Huber got me so excited when he busted out Batman Beyond! I thought i was the only one who wanted it.

Also i just got the PC version of Revengeance so now i really want Revengeance 2.....and Vanquish 2.

And if we're doing bat shit crazy dreams, i want Sherlock Holmes x Death Note. Epic show down between Sherlock and Yagami Light.

Visceir

I don't even know what my E3 hopes and dreams are. Most would center on seeing more of God of War, Spider-Man, seeing Wolfenstein announced, and hoping Nintendo shows up wit a lot of new game announcements that I thought would be there in their Pre launch press conference

Final Fantasy Tactics 20th anniversary coming up this month, it's time for a new one!

Bahorel

My hope is a new Red Dead trailer, and the rumored Life is Strange prequel to look just as good as the first.

My dreams are Bloodborne 2, Pikmin 4, and a 3D Kirby.

I'm excited for Super Mario Odyssey and Assassins Creed.

My pipe dream is Super Mario 3D World 2, which is not happening. Look I just really care about coop 3D Mario.

Off topic: I recently started playing Catherine and I fucking love this game. At work all day all I wanted to do was go home and play it

ShadyK54

Huber got me so excited when he busted out Batman Beyond! I thought i was the only one who wanted it.

Also i just got the PC version of Revengeance so now i really want Revengeance 2.....and Vanquish 2.

And if we're doing bat shit crazy dreams, i want Sherlock Holmes x Death Note. Epic show down between Sherlock and Yagami Light.

Batman Beyond would be soooo good. I need it. I wonder if we're going to see WB Montreal's (I think that's the right dev) Batman game. Not sure if it's still being reworked or not, but it'd be a cool on stage announcement.

Also Revengeance 2. Really liked the first one & I'm on a Platinum kick w/Nier right now, so it'd be cool to see.

Hopes & dreams (mostly dream): Sequel/successor to Fallout: New Vegas. I'd probably shed tears if it were to ever happen.

Edit: Kinda dumb, but another hope is for Nintendo to say they have more Switches on the way or something. I'm right at the cusp of wanting to purchase one, & I just need that assurance there'll be some in stock soon lol.

Mikey Jr.

Man the Patreon went down by a lot. That's disappointing.

No it didn't.

Its like 600 bucks away from where it was yesterday, and today is June 1st.

If anything, this feels like one of their most smallest drops, or the fastest recovery.

dickroach

Off topic: I recently started playing Catherine and I fucking love this game. At work all day all I wanted to do was go home and play it

ooOOOoooh! cool. I was thinking about what to play this weekend
I got it during an xbox sale a few months ago, and it's just been sitting forgotten on my hard drive.

Bahorel

I got it during an xbox sale a few months ago, and it's just been sitting forgotten on my hard drive.

I'm like mad at myself for waiting so long, it's been in my drawer for years but I am so into it now. Love the art style and loving the story so far! It's a breath of fresh air after coming off of the convoluted nonsense of Kingdom Hearts 2 (that I just played for the first time.) hope you enjoy Catherine too!

abrack08

Do it! Catherine is a fantastic game.

Pumped about hitting 45k again, hopefully that means what they actually get will be at least that much... Which is pretty crazy!

Tsosie

Back over 45k in under a day. That Trailer Score thirst is real. Hopefully we hear something official soon one way or another.

Hasney

Back over 45k in under a day. That Trailer Score thirst is real. Hopefully we hear something official soon one way or another.

We're at least 4 days away from the payments clearing, so we're gonna be holding into our butts. We have no idea id all of that is corrected payments, or if some are new pledges.

Tsosie

We're at least 4 days away from the payments clearing, so we're gonna be holding into our butts. We have no idea id all of that is corrected payments, or if some are new pledges.

Oh I know, it is just that starting the month at 45k is a great sign. It was a massive 1 day rebound. I am just excited is all.

Cindro

Have the Allies detailed their E3 plans yet? I just recently started following them, so I'm unsure how they handled it last year. I'm hoping they do it Giant Bomb-style, with multiple podcasts that week.

ByteSizeRick

Neo Member
It's not truly my place to say so I will leave it to the guys for official confirmation, but barring catastrophe there should be Trailer Jones this month. I've been working with Brandon to accommodate any June shortfall as E3 seems like an excellent place to start. Again, wait to hear officially, but there should be no reason to worry for June. Cheers.

Hasney

Have the Allies detailed their E3 plans yet? I just recently started following them, so I'm unsure how they handled it last year. I'm hoping they do it Giant Bomb-style, with multiple podcasts that week.

Lots of streaming every day. They'll likely do a video next week with the full deets.

Bahorel

They had pretty much all day streams and then ended with a live Frame Trap on the last day. Since we have Sunday too that might change things but I imagine they might be doing all day Sunday and Monday and then Tuesday morning before they run off to the actual show?

They're going to be switching out which allies are on each stream but Ben told me it will be in similar groups to last year for each conference

Mikey Jr.

-Live podcast
-live frametrap
-E3 bets special
-pre, during, post conference stream
-nightly wrap up each night of e3
-will be offline for most of Tues, Wed, Thurs, but come back online at night. This is because they will physically be at E3.

That's the absolute bare minimum.

Deimo5

Good lord, so much EA goodness coming up X_X

This is going to rule. EA + E3 seems like the perfect pairing!

Last year was great, welcome aboard for year 2.
Speaking of perfect pairings, I am also looking forward to another E3 show floor Huber Syndrome special. The man is in his element there.

Mikey Jr.

You know what I love about EZA reactions?

They know when to shut the hell up and watch the game.

I'm watching other streamers, and they talk over absolutely everything, trying to come up with "jokes", trying to talk over each other and being the funniest.

EZA just watches the game and actually talks about it.

The Patreon grand total tally should only change after all payments have cleared or else Patreon should start charging the moment you back a creator.
As it stands at the moment with the tally moving based on ghost money, their service is dishonest and borderline fraudulent.

I really feel for the EZA fans who stretched their wallets and uppped their pledges for the Kyle's show, who will still be charged but won't get the show.

It's not EZAs fault, it's Patreons shitty system.

luchadork

The Patreon grand total tally should only change after all payments have cleared or else Patreon should start charging the moment you back a creator.
As it stands at the moment with the tally moving based on ghost money, their service is dishonest and borderline fraudulent.

I really feel for the EZA fans who stretched their wallets and uppped their pledges for the Kyle's show, who will still be charged but won't get the show.

Yeah. I mentioned this a few pages back. The lack of transparency really hurts. I wonder if EZA couldn't meet the fans half way and just commit to stuff if the goal is met at the end of the month.

Dineren

Banned
Yeah. I mentioned this a few pages back. The lack of transparency really hurts. I wonder if EZA couldn't meet the fans half way and just commit to stuff if the goal is met at the end of the month.

That only really works if their goals are completely arbitrary. If they actually rely on the funding to complete the promised shows (which it seems they do) this is unworkable. It sucks, but that is just how Patreon is.

While I agree it's a bit sketch as basically all Patreon's have goals based on amount donated per month and it's kind of impossible for us to know exactly the amount actually donated per month - but good news! Somewhat miraculously they're back above 45k (after being 43,900ish earlier) after going through the billing process. Box Peek is the 44k goal, so, I believe we are in excellent shape for that and in pretty decent shape for Trailer Jones as well.

I think the first few days of the month people can correct their payment difficulties if they didn't go through for whatever reason, so I believe traditionally the Patreon should continue to increase rather than decrease from this point forward as we've already been charged.

wapplew

I'm watching other streamers, and they talk over absolutely everything, trying to come up with "jokes", trying to talk over each other and being the funniest.

TLOU part 2 trailer froze EZA, best reaction.

I agree with this.

Seems like EZA respects the merit of a trailer (maybe the Jones influence) enough to only react when something's worth reacting to, rather than doing the sports commentary "gotta fill dead air" thing at all times.

Don't forget that these are monthly pledges. You can only charge people "up-front" once. After that their pledge is still going to be part of the total and of course people can decide to change it at any time or their card might expire or any number of other factors might come up.

I understand wanting the check to match the final number but I don't think there's fault with Patreon's system; this is just the natural effect of having the support of thousands of different people all with fluctuating circumstances.

And again, that's why this grace period exists between the initial charge date and the actual payment because people need time to correct any unexpected card declines. I honestly don't think you should stress over these things. It's all just part of the territory with pledging support and something we all need to keep in mind regarding expectations.

VanWinkle

Do we know if Huber and Bosman are doing an E3 betting special this year? Or are they sticking with the themed characters betting special like the Nintendo Switch presentation?

cyberevan

Do we know if Huber and Bosman are doing an E3 betting special this year? Or are they sticking with the themed characters betting special like the Nintendo Switch presentation?
They will stick with the themed characters. And it will be Cold-Blooded vs Ultima Brad this E3.

Hasney

Who says they won't get the show? The final totals aren't even in yet...

They have a beta for charging up front for some creators, but as Blood said, it's a monthly commitment so you can only do this once.

Dishonest and borderline fradulant is some of the most hilarious hyperbole I've read this week. And I've been in Nintendo threads.

I thought I heard somewhere that there will be a Huber/Bosman exhibition match. Unless I'm making that up.

Someone said it was hinted at. Nothing anywhere close to confirmed.

Yo, the FTL video is pretty cool.
Edit: Im loving this.

Edit 2: Oh my God,
giphy.gif

RIP Ensign Bosman

abrack08

I thought I heard somewhere that there will be a Huber/Bosman exhibition match. Unless I'm making that up.

I remember someone in this thread saying that but I haven't seen any Ally say that was happening or imply they were considering it on Twitter or any stream. I think it was wishful thinking. Cold Blooded v Ultima Brad is still gonna be fantastic!

I wonder if the others will be making their bets in character or as themselves?

Philippo

If last year's E3 is any indication, somegsmenews is going to be so busy cutting funny moments lol

Hah, Huber is in rare form on his newest episode. Worried he's going to injure himself via the hype flowing through him. Anyways, got the job done, i'm hyped there with him.

GT level of hype right there, man i miss his super frentic opening song from those days!

Hasney

Box Peek is officially happening.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/box-peek-funded-11532476

Hooray Allies!
Now that we've cleared $44,000 for the month of May, I've been given the go-ahead from Jones to announce that Box Peek is happening! Thank you for backing my goofy concept. I should remind everyone that this was a one-time goal to raise the $2,000 extra US dollars I wanted to fund the series. The Easy Allies member in me knows that we'll really have to work to maintain this monthly total, but the other part of me is just excited that I get to make Box Peek. If you have no idea what I'm talking about right now--that's fair--Box Peek will be a short episodic series I'm making starring crudely-puppeteered 2D drawings who all love to play the exhilarating game of Box Peek. I also wanted to use this post to address some frequently-asked questions that popped up in the Box Peek announcement post:
- A few of you offered to help with music or art. I definitely considered it, but there's something appealing to me about producing this completely legit. Plus I also I like the freedom to be viciously mean and critical in any creative partnership.
- A strong concern was that the pitch video I made was viewable only here on Patreon, and that I wasn't doing enough to promote the show, which is fair. With Box Peek, I think the finished product will attract more positive attention than the announcement. If we're lucky, this will turn out to be a show that generates interest in Easy Allies on its own merits.
- There was also a lot of interest in behind-the-scenes videos, which I admit is a good idea. However, you know how I'm always concerned about reveals? I truly want the first time you see how this looks, who the characters are, what the theme song sounds like, to be when you're watching the first episode. Basically I get the freedom to force everyone into media blackout. That said, I should absolutely release something behind-the-scenes after the season is over. I'll try to make this happen.

And now I'm officially starting to work on the series! While I have been doing a lot of writing already, none of it has been scripting out an actual episode. (Just character and lore stuff that will probably never matter) If everything goes according to plan, you should see the first episode of Box Peek within the next two months, but I'm not going to rule out that I may have grossly underestimated how long this will take to produce. If we're not out by August 1st, I'll be back here to let you know what's up. Other than that, I'm going dark on Box Peek until we're ready to premiere.
Thanks again for your support, feedback, and hopefully patience. I think this is going to end up being a cool thing.

Love & Respect,
Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom