• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

I remember someone in this thread saying that but I haven't seen any Ally say that was happening or imply they were considering it on Twitter or any stream. I think it was wishful thinking. Cold Blooded v Ultima Brad is still gonna be fantastic!

I wonder if the others will be making their bets in character or as themselves?

They did, they did BOTH?!

I thought I heard somewhere that there will be a Huber/Bosman exhibition match. Unless I'm making that up.
Huber has been asked on stream about a possible huber/bosman E3 match and has replied that there could be something. It's been very vague and not any real details so it could end up not happening. But he hasn't completely shut it down when directly asked.

Axass

Trailer Jones for E3, this will be great! :)

Yo, the FTL video is pretty cool.
Edit: Im loving this.

Edit 2: Oh my God,
giphy.gif

RIP Ensign Bosman
Yeah, the FTL stream was ace: they should do more stuff like that, with chat input and random events. Gods Will Be Watching comes to mind, but there's a huge number of roguelike games on Steam/GOG to choose from.

It's not truly my place to say so I will leave it to the guys for official confirmation, but barring catastrophe there should be Trailer Jones this month. I've been working with Brandon to accommodate any June shortfall as E3 seems like an excellent place to start. Again, wait to hear officially, but there should be no reason to worry for June. Cheers.

Welcome to the thread! Are you a sponsor or something like that? One of these guys?

When will the E3 Final Bets special be up? Are they making it?

Sometimes next week, Brad Vs. Blood with possible side-event Huber Vs Bosman.

Yeah, the FTL stream was ace: they should do more stuff like that, with chat input and random events. Gods Will Be Watching comes to mind, but there's a huge number of roguelike games on Steam/GOG to choose from.
Hopefully something one of them can really get into, Damiani being into it completely made the video early on.

demu

MtUZjMz.gif

Can't wait for Box Peek! It's gonna be comedy gold. Hopefully Trailer Jones made it as well, although I'm not too stoked about the concept of doing it via webcam. But maybe it doesn't even make a real difference for the viewer.

ByteSizeRick

Neo Member

Welcome to the thread! Are you a sponsor or something like that? One of these guys?

Yes. My brother and I ran ByteSize Games for a time before he went off to, ahem, find his Destiny. Now I am a simple business lawyer, but with my own firm and a love of technology, software, and games. I've been fortunate enough to find some success, and I want to put that success towards the things I want to see more of in the world. Like Love and Respect. We are proud sponsors of EZA.

i love brad so much just wanted to say that

tfw you check the early podcast feed and brad and huber are the guys on the couch this week and you just know it's gonna be a good time >>>>

love bosman gassing up brad about tokyo rpg factory.

Bahorel

Yes. My brother and I ran ByteSize Games for a time before he went off to, ahem, find his Destiny. Now I am a simple business lawyer, but with my own firm and a love of technology, software, and games. I've been fortunate enough to find some success, and I want to put that success towards the things I want to see more of in the world. Like Love and Respect. We are proud sponsors of EZA.

Hoeg Law confirmed. glad to see you in the thread!

Woah, very cool. And welcome to the thread!

Deimo5

Ok look, I don't claim to be more than garbage tier at photoshop but I do claim to be hyped for E3 bets.
For context, there is a community feature of sorts on a popular regular stream for Guilty Gear where viewers send in relevant faceoff artwork to be shown before a big match/tournament.
I can't touch their talent, but in the same spirit I tried to mash up two things I enjoy by cobbling together this image of Blood/Brad set to GG Xrd. Have a nice day and see you at the showdown.

Ultimadrago

Just wanted to chime on the EZAnime Konosuba discussion, having enjoyed it. I think Ben and
Brad picked out quite a few things about what I like about the characters from it. Similar to Ben I like Megumin most from the extra main cast, while Darkness could use more variety in her gimmick in relation to personality. That said, I really like Kazuma and he might be my favorite from everyone. Many of his actions directly make the most of the amusing supporting cast. It's a toss between Megumin and Kazuma.

On a differing note, I actually preferred the comedy and narrative focuses on the town in Season 1 to the more character-focused Season 2. The focus did have a lot of merit, but I suppose first figuring out the world and purpose with Kazuma made situations a bit funnier for me. I also believe Season 1 had better animation overall, though Season 2 certainly embraces the flexibility allowed in off-model character animations which allows it to keep the same flavor of physical humor regardless. Both have solid moments in that department regardless. In favor of Season 2, I loved the locale change in the last couple of episodes that Ben was speaking about. I enjoyed them more than the last few episodes of Season 1, but it also just kinda ended as Ben mentions. Random note: I loved Episode 9 of Season 1 (The Succubus episode). It's shamelessly perverse (probably the most ecchi episode in the series yet), but the concept of the Succubus Shop and the reactions from Kazuma during the entire process gave me a big laugh.

I really enjoyed both seasons and it's one of the rare cases that a mainstream anime comedy actually worked for me. I find Brad may be giving it a bit of lax on the "Ecchi" part, hah. It certainly has more than enough if someone is sensitive or receptive to that type of perversion. However, I feel it handles the comedy and ecchi really well in tandem. This separates it from most ecchi with a comedic spin like a "Keijo!!" that is a bad sports show and poorly relies on its ecchi from the word "Go". Konosuba is actually one of the few shows I'd recommend that runs under both categories at all. I'd share the same score as Ben/Brad on it. I will agree with Brad that I hope the group goes to different places/cultures in a hypothetical Season 3, however. Season 2 really showed how well that could work.

I've heard of Bakuman, but have never watched it. I'd be interested in seeing Ben discuss it.

Visceir

I'll be a little bummed if there's no Bosman vs Huber face-off. It'd be interesting to see what they could do wit Blood vs Brad, but I feel like those two still lack the camera presence and energy to carry a good betting special.

Hopefully Trailer Jones made it as well, although I'm not too stoked about the concept of doing it via webcam. But maybe it doesn't even make a real difference for the viewer.

The "via webcam" part shouldn't be much of an issue as the trailershow always was and worked well with just voices played over trailer footage and I believe it was already stated that everyone will record the audio individually to get the best quality.

The just one trailer/week comment did deflate my hype a little though. Since it's really is something they can do over skype it'd be nice to have it be more flexible and have them react to new important trailers faster...or just do a more meaty show if it's just once/week.

Hasney

The just one trailer/week comment did deflate my hype a little though. Since it's really is something they can do over skype it'd be nice to have it be more flexible and have them react to new important trailers faster...or just do a more meaty show if it's just once/week.

Jones said that it would be at least one a week in case there's some big trailer and have no fixed day so they plan it around what comes out.

One trailer per episode ala Trailer Score. The one episode per week is just a minimum.

Mikey Jr.

MtUZjMz.gif

Can't wait for Box Peek! It's gonna be comedy gold. Hopefully Trailer Jones made it as well, although I'm not too stoked about the concept of doing it via webcam. But maybe it doesn't even make a real difference for the viewer.

Another reason they need the studio.

Hasney

Another reason they need the studio.

Not really, the trailer will be the only thing we see like Trailer Score and Bosman and Blood will be sending their recording of the audio to Jones to edit rather than record the web chat. It won't be that much different than Trailer Score.

Axass

Ohhh! You're the Hoeg Law guy! I wish I could hire you, I actually need advice from a lawyer, too bad I live in Europe.

Thanks for helping with Trailer Jones, you're dope!

I've heard of Bakuman, but have never watched it. I'd be interested in seeing Ben discuss it.

Bakuman is an excellent meta-manga, full of insight about what actually happens in the manga industry, especially the Jump part of it. It's drawn by the guy (girl? I don't remember) who drew Death Note, so the art is great, well at least up until midway, when it gets simpler and simpler. Can't speak for the anime, but the manga in general is very well made.

farisr

I only watched the anime for Bakuman and loved it. The insight into the manga industry was interesting, and I liked the characters involved and seeing just how much work can go nito creating a manga/seeing the process go down. I'll probably rewatch it sometime soon.

Philippo

White Day is coming to USA on Aug 1st, i heard is like really fucking scary, i'd love for Huber and Kyle to full playthrough it.

Ray Down

Banned
I only watched the anime for Bakuman and loved it. The insight into the manga industry was interesting, and I liked the characters involved and seeing just how much work can go nito creating a manga/seeing the process go down. I'll probably rewatch it sometime soon.

Bakuman is really good for that reason.

All the hardships the mains go though to get their manga made & running.

Their's even some fun trying to figure out who is based on who.

Though the best character is Hiramaru bar none:

tumblr_nzx5rxZGk51v2y42bo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhzd8m4v4k1r17lmbo1_500.gif

tumblr_mf4nmbeafJ1qdbg24o1_500.gif

If not your taste is bad /sarcasm

Wait Ben is discussing Bakuman?

Ultimadrago

Bakuman is an excellent meta-manga, full of insight about what actually happens in the manga industry, especially the Jump part of it. It's drawn by the guy (girl? I don't remember) who drew Death Note, so the art is great, well at least up until midway, when it gets simpler and simpler. Can't speak for the anime, but the manga in general is very well made.

Thanks! That sounds intriguing for sure.

Wait Ben is discussing Bakuman?

It was his recommendation for the next discussion. We'll see if it gets voted for the following episode.

Ray Down

Banned
Mashiro and Takagi are basically Obata and Ohba (death note duo)

Eiji is Oda (One Piece) or Shimabukuro (Toriko).

Fukuda is Kubo.

Hiarmaru is Sorachi Hideaki (Gintama) or Yoshiro Togashi (HxH)

Aoki is either Kawashita Mizuki, mangaka of Ichigo 100% or Naoko Takeuchi due to the Hiramaru connection.

All the editors are based on real life editors.

Hattori was an editor on One Piece.

Yoshida has edited Hunter x Hunter (Yoshihiro Togashi), Hikaru no Go (by Takeshi Obata, Yumi Hotta), Death Note (by Tsugumi Ohba, Takeshi Obata) and D.Gray-man (by Katsura Hoshino). Hoshino even makes jokes how terrifying he is.

Sasaki is based on the former head editor of Jump, who in series edited Kenshin and Kochikame.

Ben's dojo is so awesome. Love the idea. It was fun hopping in as a total noob with tekken 7 and playing some matches on stream. I love the weekly format. Gives me drive to improve. First impressions of Tekken 7 is it's a ton of fun. Can't wait to dive in more. As a fan of fighting games but I've never dug into one or really learned one. I'll give this one a go though

Also need to pick up GG Rev 2

Oh my god Fiasconauts

I CALL MY FEMALE COMPANIONS "COWORKERS" BECAUSE IT OBJECTIFIES THEM

Not their best episode but some amazing character moments. Everyone killing it

Vinc

So wait... did Trailer Jones make it? It was briefly below 45k but it seems like 45k might have made it after people cleared their CC issues, right? I'm not sure when they actually get paid or how it all works, but I'm SO hyped for Box Peek! And getting Trailer Jones after E3 would be so damn awesome.

But damn, Box Peek's concept sounds amazing to me. I love Kyle's shows, and this concept just sounds perfect. It's probably the most hyped I've been about EZA content yet, which really is saying a lot :p

No pressure though!

Mikey Jr.

So wait... did Trailer Jones make it? It was briefly below 45k but it seems like 45k might have made it after people cleared their CC issues, right? I'm not sure when they actually get paid or how it all works, but I'm SO hyped for Box Peek! And getting Trailer Jones after E3 would be so damn awesome.

Nobody knows right now.

You would hope so.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
4 to 6 days off until we know for sure if trailer jones cleared through.
Hope they don't forget to tell us per tweet/patreon post whatever since people are on the edge of their seat.

Maiar_m

Oh my god Fiasconauts

I CALL MY FEMALE COMPANIONS "COWORKERS" BECAUSE IT OBJECTIFIES THEM

Not their best episode but some amazing character moments. Everyone killing it

Yeah I liked it. It's still a very good episode, I'm glad each new one doesn't necessarily up the ante. Plus Amanda's storytelling works well for me.

Bahorel

Okay I've just listened to the podcast and I want to react to the Love and Respect about boycotting the company with a boycot of my own, although this is about a single employee as opposed to the company as a whole.

I had a small company that I loved to death. So much so that I applied to work there multiple times and half influenced my decision to move where I am so I could be near it just in case. I did not get in, I work somewhere else, but I still loved their games. And being that I'm near it, I am around people that have social connections to people that work there, which is how I have learned something unforgivably terrible about an animator that works there. And it makes me very aware that if I bought another game from them, I would be helping support this person's salary and job. I haven't bought a game from them since (it's only been a year since I learned about this) but I'm very conflicted about how this information has affected me, and it has made me not want to apply there again knowing that this person continues to work there.

I would like to be able to play their games again, and I'm aware technically that a single game sale is not going to contribute much of anything to this person in the technical sense. Still, it feels uncomfortable.

Since it's a real bummer, I'm going to put what he did under a cut.
The employee in question murdered my friend's siberian husky puppy, after getting angry at her for breaking up with him. This hits me hard, not only that I know the victim but also that I had a pet murdered by someone when I was a child, and relate very much. So for me, it's hard for me not to dwell on this. If for any reason you want to know what company it is you can PM me.

Anyway, I guess me posting this that I too have a boycott hangup that I really, really wish I didn't have, and hope I can get over someday, or hope very much that this person stops working there in the near future so I can feel comfortable with the games again.

Visceir

Was still subscribed to the gameslice channel and saw Keighley had put up a promo for their E3 coverage. Saw plenty of requests for Bosman in the comments too -- guessing he'll be all busy with EZA stuff though, might still make a small appearance like last time.

Kinda OT but saw also the promo for Noclip's new doc teaser about FF XIV, Danny O'Dwyer keeps on putting out quality work. It's cool to see all this stuff patreon allows people to create.

Deimo5

Seems like the funding held for Trailer Jones but if it didn't it must have been extremely close at least. I would hope for a pilot episode or something.

Plans for bi-weekly Ben's Dojo btw? Would be so down. Please learn rolling death cradle lol.
It's true that it can take a long time to improve but if you are still having fun then it's no big deal. Since everything will be archived you could get a real sense of progress.

MtUZjMz.gif

Those kind of look like cyanide and happiness characters

wmlk

Watched 30 minutes of Damiani's Rime stream archive.

Wow. I was in love with the game from the first showing. This really is the game that I wanted back then. There seems to be an ebb and flow to the discovery and the vistas they give you that even surpasses Team Ico games.

4 to 6 days off until we know for sure if trailer jones cleared through.
Hope they don't forget to tell us per tweet/patreon post whatever since people are on the edge of their seat.

For sure, I don't want to say anything about it prematurely. With all the one-time bumps for Box Peek, I do think that it's quite possible we could see the number cross 46K only to drop back into the 43K range. There's definitely a taste for Trailer Jones in the air, but I do hope no one over-stretches themselves too far to try to keep it up there.

Grounded tabletop is best tabletop. In fact the best parts of TTE so far are the whole first city arc and the second city arc up until the massacre at the cat races, when all sidequests and most side characters are thrown out of the window. :(

I really wanted the "sabotage the circus" to happen along with the "paint the shack and then plan and implement a magic show"

Just think of the hi-jinks that could have happened!

I just hope the allies will have a good time at E3 with the public being on the show floor and all.

Of course not including the man with greasiest palms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom