• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

I'd be fine with 3 man if it was weekly or there was another show for discussing what had been being played, but waiting 10 weeks to hear what someone is playing when they eventually rotate back in is excessive.

Do a mini Frame Trap on the off weeks called i-Frames where it's just the what they've been playing part!

Casual friday show ManUp nights-style where they take things outside, sit in picnic chairs and crack open a cold one.

Ben

Catching up on the Tekken 7 stream. I'm seeing the improvements in your game (on the PS4 side). Good stuff. I think sitting out a while got you out of your focus zone. I'm still searching for a main. Josie seems interesting. I might give her a try. Oh and my eyes peeked up at the end when you went to your home screen and I saw that FF12 remaster icon sitting there

I prefer the 3 frame-trap format, but I would like to see a different change: I really don't dig the "what have you been playing" section of the podcast. Right now is just a slog to go though and the other panelists are mostly cut from the conversation until someone's stack of games is finished.
I think games recently played should be brought up only if they are to be discussed by the panel specifically or if they come up naturally as they are meaningful to the discussion of the hottake(s) and emails.
The Easy Allies podcast is news-based, while Frame-Trap is a hottake-based podcast. Ben should really focus on that, I think that that's our favourite part of the cast anyway and it's coming always too late because of the previous gamelog discussion and it's cut too short because of that (yeah, I want 3 hours of hottakes).

Hasney

Couldn't disagree more. I feel Frame Trap is the "what have you been playing" podcast and that's why I go to it. I want to hear what they've been playing and hear it discussed and would want time to be taken out of the other two areas if time needs to be found.

MrMette

I love the "what have you been playing" part as well to be honest (as well as the Hotake part). I think the format is fine as it is right now. I am still not sure if I prefer 3 or 4 people. I tend to lean toward 4, but I don't think I have seen enough frame traps with 3 people to be 100% sure. I also think it's a good way to learn about new more obscure games or to be convinced of trying games I said I wouldn't buy/try.

Also, I don't think it makes that much of a difference if it's 3 or 4 people on there.

Karu

Couldn't disagree more. I feel Frame Trap is the "what have you been playing" podcast and that's why I go to it. I want to hear what they've been playing and hear it discussed and would want time to be taken out of the other two areas if time needs to be found.
yeahyeah it's by far my fav section.

yeahyeah it's by far my fav section.
Same. What makes it work better on Frametrap vs most other podcasts is it's such a wide range of games discussed. From the well known and latest releases to backlog games and then games that I haven't heard of, or Kyle and his PSVR games that are interesting.

And that last minute change to Paper Mario:TTYD Ben. You went from Shadow hearts C, A game I've completed to another game I own and haven't played. So I'll have to catch up to it on YouTube once I finally work it off my own backlog. Granted it's paper mario so it's story spoilers would mean less to me than say a FF game

This better not delay your Suikoden 1 & 2 first playthroughs!

Bahorel

I prefer the 3 frame-trap format, but I would like to see a different change: I really don't dig the "what have you been playing" section of the podcast. Right now is just a slog to go though and the other panelists are mostly cut from the conversation until someone's stack of games is finished.
I think games recently played should be brought up only if they are to be discussed by the panel specifically or if they come up naturally as they are meaningful to the discussion of the hottake(s) and emails.
The Easy Allies podcast is news-based, while Frame-Trap is a hottake-based podcast. Ben should really focus on that, I think that that's our favourite part of the cast anyway and it's coming always too late because of the previous gamelog discussion and it's cut too short because of that (yeah, I want 3 hours of hottakes).

Ah no I agree with Hansey, what have you been playing is the best part. I love how they can deep dive into something that doesn't have to be current, like they did with watchdogs 2 yesterday

AAK

Add me to the camp that thinks Emails + Hottake are the highlights of frametrap. Hence, the 3 man panel gives those sections way more air time.

N° 2048

Yep :)

Auctopus

Has Mob Psycho 100 appeared on the EZAnime poll yet?

I remember watching it last year when it aimed and thinking it was one of the best new animes I'd seen in ages.

dickroach

I'd love a Mob Psycho EZAnime. One Punch Man and Mob Psycho got me into anime after not paying attention since I watched Toonami 17 or whatever years ago. great shows.

I haven't watched any of the EZAnimes yet because I haven't watched any of the shows :\
well, I've seen most of Jojo. gotta finish Diamond is Unbreakable. but other than that

abrack08

I watched the first episode of Mob Psycho 100 the other day and I don't think I'm gonna continue... Just couldn't stand the art style, it's like intentionally ugly.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Same for me. It's often the most interesting and uniquely personal section of the podcast.

arkon

I prefer the what have you been playing segments in Frame Trap. It gives them a chance to talk about and give coverage to games without needing to go to the effort of something like Reviews/Previews and now the Don't Skips which seem to have slowed in their release schedule. It also means people that don't usually write for those can contribute. The emails I could take or leave. There's a few different avenues for getting those questions answered already. So I guess for me the ranking is what have you been playing > hottake > emails. And I also prefer the 4-person podcast. Something feels missing without that extra person there.

Hasney

I see why some people say it was a bad E3, but I think most companies are seeing that the shorter hype to release schedule is working better, so Sony and MS had to reset themselves a little.

Personally, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario & Rabbids, SOTC, Monster Hunter, Beyond Good & Evil, 2 Metroids, XCOM 2 expansion, Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 as announcements alongside a phenomenal Mario Odyssey trailer and good looking updates to 2017 games mean that it was a fantastic E3 for me and fucking awful for my wallet. Video games are great.

dickroach

I see why some people say it was a bad E3, but I think most companies are seeing that the shorter hype to release schedule is working better, so Sony and MS had to reset themselves a little.

Personally, Kirby, Yoshi, Mario & Rabbids, SOTC, Monster Hunter, Beyond Good & Evil, 2 Metroids, XCOM 2 expansion, Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 as announcements alongside a phenomenal Mario Odyssey trailer and good looking updates to 2017 games mean that it was a fantastic E3 for me and fucking awful for my wallet. Video games are great.

Kirby & Yoshi are 10/10s for me
Rabbids was confirmed a year ago
Evil Within was all but confirmed.
BG&E as well. Wolfenstein 2 as well...

it was a bad E3. deal widit

luchadork

my man....

this was faaaaaaar from a bad e3. just not as spectacular as the past 2.

Hasney

Kirby & Yoshi are 10/10s for me
Rabbids was confirmed a year ago
Evil Within was all but confirmed.
BG&E as well. Wolfenstein 2 as well...

it was a bad E3. deal widit

I don't really care for what was confirmed by leakers or not, I care about what was shown.

I had a lot of fun and look forward to next year. If it's at a similar level, I will be very happy :)
Yup. Solid E3. Lot of games had some good coverage. To me E3 isn't just a game announcement show. It's also where we get to see updates of games that we know are in the works. And it had a nice mix of some game announcements and game footage

Mario looked great. Dragon Ball Fighter Z looked amazing. I'm really interesting in Monster Hunter Worlds from what they've shown. Mario + Rabids went to a must buy. Wolfenstein 2 and Evil within 2 footage looked crazy good. God of War had a great trailer for me. Spider-Man was fun and it's next footage will be even more hype. A way out a big surprise to me. And so on

There were solid games, but this E3 felt like the off year. It's to be expected, as we just came back from a barrage of big releases, mostly delayed titles announced 2-3 years ago, and the key developers are ramping production for their next big project (i.e. naughty dog).

emb

This was one of the best E3s in years.

But I guess it was a good year for Nintendo, leaving me a little biased. Outside of them, it felt like other console holders didn't go crazy, but were just really solid.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'd definitely say it felt like an underwhelming E3 this year, perhaps that was just the production cycle catching up though

sora87

I'd definitely say it felt like an underwhelming E3 this year, perhaps that was just the production cycle catching up though

Definitely seemed that way, no one really had anything exciting to actually announce except for Metroid Prime 4 and Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Philippo

On the topic of E3: man everyone's standards have raised so much! Sure, the past two years have probably been stronger in terms of "megatons", but compared to some abysmal conferences we had last gen and earlier this gen, this year quality was overall pretty high, both in terms of pacing and content, and especially across most conferences.

Off topic: waiting for the Hajime no Ippo EZAnime like:

Bunch_37a4f5_5852274.gif

Hope all 3 of them have enough time to watch every episode, although i remember it took me months to catch up with everything, so i'm a little worried.

ShadyK54

shown a boring e3. whatevs

People can have different opinions about how good E3 was this year lmao.

I thought it was just good. It was always going to be hard to follow up 2016, but this year still had some worthwhile announcements & games shown off. Plus, it was fun following along with the Allies again like last year.

abrack08

Surprising lack of hype here for today's Gundam stream. Best stream of the month, every month!

Maybe technically not the best stream of the month in E3 month, but most months!

<insert KyleDance.gif>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom