• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrack08

Masters of Teras Kasi is a trash game

Therefore it is the logical choice for tournament week

Never heard of it, but that's what I voted for. Saw Star Wars name, hoping for lightsaber battles.

Seems like the poll was designed to have Crazy Taxi win; well known game vs 2 I wasn't familiar with.

Never heard of it, but that's what I voted for. Saw Star Wars name, hoping for lightsaber battles.

Seems like the poll was designed to have Crazy Taxi win; well known game vs 2 I wasn't familiar with.
Oh that Star Wars game is well known. I voted for crazy taxi because that fighting game is so so bad

Lucas Arts attempting to make a Tekken game with Star Wars and failing hard

MrMette

I voted for the game they just got as a gift (Streak: Hoverboard Racing), although I don't know anything about it. If that one doesn't win (it probably isn't), I hope Crazy Taxi takes it.

As far as I can see, the Star Wars one is supposed to be a bad game (and I am not that much of a Star Wars fan anyway), while Crazy Taxi is a jolly game where most of them will be familiar with.

I tend to vote for Jolly games for the group streams (or games they got as gifts).

But whatever game will win, it will be fun to watch anyway.

Mario007

They should do a TTE animation as a stretch goal. It might even be its own kickstarter even. Approach a relatively low-cost and low-budget animation studion to do TTE in the way the Ricky Gervais show was done and it would be incredible. You don't need to cut the audio at all, just make animation corresponding to the actions described. If they made a "TTE Season 1 Animated Series" kickstarter I could see a lot of people spending money on it.

They should do a TTE animation as a stretch goal. It might even be its own kickstarter even. Approach a relatively low-cost and low-budget animation studion to do TTE in the way the Ricky Gervais show was done and it would be incredible. You don't need to cut the audio at all, just make animation corresponding to the actions described. If they made a "TTE Season 1 Animated Series" kickstarter I could see a lot of people spending money on it.

Could they get this guy to animate it? https://youtu.be/zVRc-ULGhxs

Mista Koo

Did you guys receive an email for this group stream vote? I've recently changed my email settings for only patron stuff but didn't get this.

And I always vote for fighting games, but not Teräs Käsi.
If they wanted a Star Wars fighting game they should play Star Gladiator Episode: I Final Crusade (or its sequel, Plasma Sword).

rY20ESr.png

Hasney

Did you guys receive an email for this group stream vote? I've recently changed my email settings for only patron stuff but didn't get this.

If they wanted a Star Wars fighting game they should play Star Gladiator Episode: I Final Crusade (or its sequel, Plasma Sword).

rY20ESr.png

Yeah, I got the email.

Kneefoil

I think that Crazy Taxi is going to be a better time, but I've only seen people play Teräs Käsi once, and that was ages ago. So, I voted for Star Wars.

I love the recent threads that just silently scream

OH MY GAWD DONT LET THIS GAME FLOP PLEEEEEAAAZE GAF, GAAAAAAF HELP OUT!!

for

Gravity Rush 2
Resident Evil VII
Yakuza O

The fear is real.... Oo :D
I get what they're trying to do, but the way the Gravity Rush 2 thread title is worded, it just makes me want to go in there and post "NOPE!" Like, get a grip. I get you're excited and want others to get excited, too, but be more inviting.

rY20ESr.png
Realizing now that I never actually knew what game he was from, but yeah I regularly played Anime Lightsaber Dude in MvC2

This is surprisingly good! I like how they capture some of the EZA podcast vibes: segments, bets, some bold statements, very cool.
And wow are they ruthless:
"Fuck the baby." , "I hope Moof dies."
Love it!

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. Can't wait for them to go on iTunes or to add video options.

Some really cool and relatively well known EZA fans started a TTE fan podcast. Check it out:

https://twitter.com/TTExplacades?s=09
Pretty good listen. I would have liked a bit more discussion in how clever/Amusing Kyle was with the red dragon. They glossed over that way too quickly.

Also I would have liked some more credit to Hubers angle to how Pomper is handling the fallout of the Moof situation. For a sheltered and naive character it's a path I didn't expect but I think works well. Huber will do wild things a lot but I think he really does play Pomper differently than Law or Hogger.

I love the recent threads that just silently scream

OH MY GAWD DONT LET THIS GAME FLOP PLEEEEEAAAZE GAF, GAAAAAAF HELP OUT!!

for

Gravity Rush 2
Resident Evil VII
Yakuza O

The fear is real.... Oo :D

Flop or not, at least we;ll get to play these games...unlike some...

..RIP Scalebound.

wiibomb

I'm very sad about Scalebound, but I'm kind of sadder about the state of MS right now, it all seems terrible on MS' side.

BTW, as I was on a trip this past 2 weeks, I just heard the podcast, I loved it to death, specially when they got so personal discussing about trivial things like the pop tart and the toaster strudel..

I cannot wait for the podcast!

I doubt they will be doing much Switch talk because it will be recorded before the conference but released after it. Kyle has refused to talk about prediction stuff in the past for this very reason

Though I do wish they would just go all in on the Switch for us patreons considering we get the episode a night before the Switch conference... I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SWITCH segment should be the entire episode

After the two showings the scalebound news isn't that shocking or sad for me. It didn't look like it'd be a game that would deliver

Bring on DMC5 or Bayonetta 3

I doubt they will be doing much Switch talk because it will be recorded before the conference but released after it. Kyle has refused to talk about prediction stuff in the past for this very reason

Though I do wish they would just go all in on the Switch for us patreons considering we get the episode a night before the Switch conference... I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SWITCH segment should be the entire episode

Their live Switch stream will have a one hour pre-show and another one hour post-show. It's basically an "I just can't wait for the switch" segment.

I just hope Jones sing the jingle in the beginning lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Seems like frame trap is 3.5hrs long this week, according to Ben's twitter.

Surprised they don't just livestream it at this point in time.

I was hoping on a good discussion on Scalebound and the Xbox division this generation and where they're going.

After the two showings the scalebound news isn't that shocking or sad for me. It didn't look like it'd be a game that would deliver

Bring on DMC5 or Bayonetta 3
I agree. Would've loved to see it work out but it just never looked good to me

The project always seemed like "you hired Platinum to make the kind of game Platinum doesn't make" and I guess that's kind of how it was shaping up

I agree. Would've loved to see it work out but it just never looked good to me

The project always seemed like "you hired Platinum to make the kind of game Platinum doesn't make" and I guess that's kind of how it was shaping up
Reading the chatter and speculation this wasn't what scalebound was supposed to be and MS forcing the 4 player co-op direction and it falling apart and then canceled doesn't surprise me either.

Even though scalebound was never going to be this super mega hit I do think it's cancellation has almost more impact than if it was released. Like this feels like a huge signal of where MS is going with their studios and I'm not liking it.

Reading the chatter and speculation this wasn't what scalebound was supposed to be and MS forcing the 4 player co-op direction and it falling apart and then canceled doesn't surprise me either.

Even though scalebound was never going to be this super mega hit I do think it's cancellation has almost more impact than if it was released. Like this feels like a huge signal of where MS is going with their studios and I'm not liking it.
I hesitate to really buy into any "insider scoops" when this literally just broke but I fully believe MS wanted changes and it just wasn't happening. When the game first had it's big delay I imagine that was the point that they were like "ok, we're giving you this time to fix it" and they weren't able to deliver

I don't mean that as a slight against Platinum either, like they weren't good enough. But as I said this was a big budget open-world RPG with a photorealistic artstyle by the studio who makes linear anime games on a relatively low budget. They obviously pitched the project to MS but yeah, I imagine it just didn't work out

I hesitate to really buy into any "insider scoops" when this literally just broke but I fully believe MS wanted changes and it just wasn't happening. When the game first had it's big delay I imagine that was the point that they were like "ok, we're giving you this time to fix it" and they weren't able to deliver

I don't mean that as a slight against Platinum either, like they weren't good enough. But as I said this was a big budget open-world RPG with a photorealistic artstyle by the studio who makes linear anime games on a relatively low budget. They obviously pitched the project to MS but yeah, I imagine it just didn't work out
Yes I'm saying it's 100% true from the insiders but if you take a bigger picture of their output I can believe this chatter of MS wanting to go to "service games" and they meddled in scalebound which *could* have had negative impacts. The only optimism for the game was "but kamiya" but what was shown felt so little likens kamiya game to me (except the protagonist)

Yes I'm saying it's 100% true from the insiders but if you take a bigger picture of their output I can believe this chatter of MS wanting to go to "service games" and they meddled in scalebound which *could* have had negative impacts. The only optimism for the game was "but kamiya" but what was shown felt so little likens kamiya game to me (except the protagonist)
I think after the first demo they said something like "yeah we aren't focusing on combos/combat depth for this game" and it was like why are you making this

Fully support the team going after their passions, obviously its a game they weren't going to be able to make themselves, but man. What a departure on all fronts, regardless of development troubles

Szeth

I finally caught up...

2nd Ally to beat it I think? Heart was pounding so hard when I was just under the score, as last week I missed beating it by like 1000 points because of greed. Ended up crushing it this time though, felt good man. Kyle can do it for sure he just needs some luck and to mash better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom