• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

mr stroke

Okay this made me lol

C5NTrCw.png

I remember those sets, very good indeed. Hoping they have a good stream this year nevertheless. Ultra is killing it so far this year, now all they have to do is offer multi stage viewing and I'd be a very happy camper.

hhahahahahhahahahahhhahhahahahahahahahhaahaha

Aomber

The Star Wars Electronic Album "Headspace" is out today. You can listen to six of the tracks below, the rest of the album is available on Spotify, iTunes, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodrecords/sets/star-wars-headspace

Tracklist:

01 Kaskade: "C-3P0's Plight"
02 GTA: "Help Me!"
03 TroyBoi: "Force"
04 Baauer: "Cantina Boys"
05 Shag Kava: "Jabba Flow: Rick Rubin Re-Work" [ft. A-Trak]
06 Claude VonStroke: "R2 Knows" [ft. Barry Drift]
07 Rick Rubin: "NR-G7"
08 Bonobo: "Ghomrassen"
09 Röyksopp: "Bounty Hunters"
10 ATTLAS: "Sunset Over Manaan"
11 Flying Lotus: "R2 Where R U?"
12 Shlohmo: "Druid Caravan of Smoke"
13 Rustie: "EWOK PUMPP"
14 Galantis: "Scruffy-Looking Nerfherder"
15 Breakbot: "Star Tripper"

Ferr986

I kinda agree, that's why when my friend sent it to me I laughed and said it was fake, thought it was an independent ASOT not the one at Ultra. There's no way that'd be a real lineup at a regular ASOT event.

Don't worry, he'll show what Trance really is

deadmau5.png

Not that I think ASOT is very trancey nowadays...

Ashhong

Well this just happened
12764435_10153645565704177_2341517513532121471_o.jpg

They coming to Tomorrowland !

I can't see picture on mobile..

Went to Epic 4.0 this past weekend. Amazing fucking experience. What production. Goddamb

Edit: oh shit prydz vs mau5. If it's anything like their set at day of the dead I think it was it should be amazing

I wonder if their set at ASOT is going to be vs?

Don't worry, he'll show what Trance really is

deadmau5.png

Not that I think ASOT is very trancey nowadays...

What a dick.

ASOT is a brand for Armin and has been a mix of stuff for a long while.

I'd love to go to Ultra to see Pendulum among the vast selection of main stage acts.

Anyone else use Beatport for music discovery?

Aomber

Oh jesus christ apparently AraabMuzik got shot in the jaw and arm and has undergone surgery, wishing him a speedy recovery.

AraabMuzik Recovering From Surgery After Being Shot

Anyway no EDC for me this year, but I'm actually going to Vegas in a couple weeks myself, although this time it's for very different reasons. Naturally the last couple times I've gone have been for the club scene and EDC but this is gonna be going during this week so mostly gonna be focusing on just enjoying the city, doing the more touristy things I don't usually get to do.

L1NETT

ok i am kinda in love with rodhad

his essential mix yesterday might be my fav this year

http://mixing.dj/2016/livesets/rodhad-essential-mix-27-02-2016/

some mint tracks on there

01 Ø (Phase) – Alone In Time (Unreleased Stripped Version) [TOKEN]
02 Redj – Object Of Desire [SWAP WHITE LTD]
03 Kobosil – They Looked On [OSTGUT]
04 Amandras – Achante Guadalupe [AHRPE]
05 Markus Suckut – A Shibuya Crossing [SCKT]
06 Woo York – Alien Worlds
07 Monoloc – Muted
08 Rødhåd – Like Tears In The Rain [DYSTOPIAN]
09 Daniel Avery – Sensation [PHANTASY SOUND]
10 Turner – When We Will Leave (Robert Hood Remix) [LADOMAT 2000]
11 Tobias – Like A Drug [OSTGUT]
12 Plastikman – Purrkusiv [PLUS 8]
13 Marlon D. – Jesus Creates Sound [STRICTLY]
14 Blawan – Mine Oh Mine (Pariah Remix) [TERNESC]
15 A&S – Solar Eclipse [A&S]
16 James Priestley – Speed (Trevino Remix) [SECRET SUNDAYS]
17 Jon Hester – Constellations
18 Andres Zacco – Beighty [ILIAN TAPE]
19 Samuel L. Session – Loops & Dubs [HARDGROOVE]
20 Cobblestone Jazz – Wishes [ITISWHATITIS (CLONE)]
21 Emmanuel – Cargo [ENEMY RECORDS]
22 Ben Klock feat. Elif Bicer – Grip [OSTGUT]
23 Vakula – Modulation 02 [ARMA]
24 Gecko – Just Close Your Eyes [FEDERATION OF DRUMS]
25 Answer Code Request – Modal [MARCEL DETTMANN]
26 Antigone – Hiraeth
27 Rue East – Birmingham (Surgeon Remix) [PURE PLASTIC]
28 Cagedbaby – Hello There (Radio Slave Dub) [SOUTHERN FRIED]
29 Steve Bug – A Night Like This (Octave One Remix) [POKER FLAT]
30 Trap10 – Tale Of Stu [A.R.T.LESS]
31 Electric Rescue – Texture Shot (Inigo Kennedy Remix) [SKRYPTOM]
32 Blawan – Lit Up Communicat [TERNESC]
33 Rommek – Beyond Desire [BLUEPRINT]
34 Drumcell – Terminus Effect [DYSTOPIAN]
35 Vril – Paradikma
36 Plant43 – Emerald Abyss [SHIPWRECK]
37 Depeche Mode – Peace (Ben Klock Remix) [MUTE]

mr stroke

Oh jesus christ apparently AraabMuzik got shot in the jaw and arm and has undergone surgery, wishing him a speedy recovery.

AraabMuzik Recovering From Surgery After Being Shot

Anyway no EDC for me this year, but I'm actually going to Vegas in a couple weeks myself, although this time it's for very different reasons. Naturally the last couple times I've gone have been for the club scene and EDC but this is gonna be going during this week so mostly gonna be focusing on just enjoying the city, doing the more touristy things I don't usually get to do.

Since you are going to Vegas for touristy stuff, I highly suggest still hitting the Speedway :p
Take an Uber there and do the NASCAR ride along, its $50-70 and only 10 mins, but its one of the coolest thing I have ever done.

Aomber

Since you are going to Vegas for touristy stuff, I highly suggest still hitting the Speedway :p
Take an Uber there and do the NASCAR ride along, its $50-70 and only 10 mins, but its one of the coolest thing I have ever done.

Best thing to do in Vegas is eat.

Wicked Spoon, Yardbird... Oh man, I'm getting hungry.

Nice thanks guys, I'm all ears when it comes to recommendations if you guys have any others, the last couple times I've been I haven't had the chance to eat at nice places or do things like this

I know this track will always remain a "meme" but does anybody here actually like Sandstorm or Darude? I know Darude put out a new track or something lately right?

Aomber

Paul Van Dyk fell off stage at ASOT in Utrecht and is now hospitalized. Sounds like it was pretty serious hope he's okay =\

I know this track will always remain a "meme" but does anybody here actually like Sandstorm or Darude? I know Darude put out a new track or something lately right?

Hell yeah

Ahahaha, that's nice to know. I actually heard his track Beautiful Alien and I actually do like it. I'm probably going to be digging deeper into his tracks later.

It does suck that he is known as a "meme" but there's not much he can do :(

Aomber

Ok it's 3 am and I feel like I'm gonna explode if I don't say this but holy shit I just added the cherry on the cake for my next song, gonna go into mixing and polishing it up but it should be real soon :D. Thank you very much for those of you who listened to my last one, I've been a musician my whole life and it feels great to finally share what I really love - I'm in a really happy place right now. And thank you guys for sharing so much great music, this thread has undoubtedly been influential for me over the years, keep being awesome EDMGAF

cj_iwakura

I'm hearing PvD is recovering and that everyone stopped their shows at Utrecht? Shame, I was hearing a lot about it on Area.

Glad PvD is good, though. Second favorite DJ behind BT.

And hey, nothing wrong with Bieber in EDM. He has a great voice for it, and he's wiser for using it that way.

Aomber

I'm hearing PvD is recovering and that everyone stopped their shows at Utrecht? Shame, I was hearing a lot about it on Area.

Glad PvD is good, though. Second favorite DJ behind BT.

And hey, nothing wrong with Bieber in EDM. He has a great voice for it, and he's wiser for using it that way.
Yeah he's doing better now apparently, glad to hear.

Yeah I definitely agree! I just made that comment not because it has to do with Bieber at all, just I know a lot of people like straight instrumental parts, where as this song has solid vocals from start to end, so I wanted to give some context. I went back and forth whether I wanted it like that, but it's how I always imagined the song, so I kept it that way when I put his vocals on the track.

Aomber

WHAT IS THIS, NEW DISCLOSURE/FLUME?

7OIW4sR.png

---------------------------------

Okay this made me fucking lol, Kanye West was caught pirating music production software

https://twitter.com/deadmau5/status/704876167157907456

If you look at the top in his tabs you can clearly see he was searching for Xfer Records Serum (a software synth by Steve Duda) on TPB. What's also funny is that he didn't know about Serum in the first place and had to pull up a "top 50" list to find out about it. You would have to live under a rock as a producer to not have known about Serum.

See, it's one thing when someone is a bedroom producer and can't afford $200 a pop – whether it's ethical is another matter but nevertheless, that's one thing. It's another thing when you're Kanye West.

Aomber

Tomorroworld Atlanta canceled :eek:

Guess that great flood got em LOL

Now move that shit to the west cost please !
They need to move the time of year, location, or both. Those were always poor factors that they didn't consider

If it even comes back lol

Tomorroworld Atlanta canceled :eek:

Guess that great flood got em LOL

Now move that shit to the west cost please !

Amen. Just reading about last year was a disaster and if anyone has seen the "This is tommrow" on netflix (mostly about tommrow land brazil) but it goes into the ATL one a little the guy that's head of it doesn't know shit about EDM music or culture.

Ashhong

What's also funny is that he didn't know about Serum in the first place and had to pull up a "top 50" list to find out about it. You would have to live under a rock as a producer to not have known about Serum.
ther matter but nevertheless, that's one thing. It's another thing when you're Kanye West.

Not sure what exactly your point is. I mean, are you trying to say he's not a top producer? What's funny about him not knowing the program? Obviously he doesn't live under a rock.

Anyway, that Youtube is logged into Mike Dean's account I believe, so probably not even his tab. zzzzz

Also lol at Deadmau5, dude admitted using pirated software for his own albums.

Top Bottom