• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

Not sure what exactly your point is. I mean, are you trying to say he's not a top producer? What's funny about him not knowing the program? Obviously he doesn't live under a rock.

Anyway, that Youtube is logged into Mike Dean's account I believe, so probably not even his tab. zzzzz

Also lol at Deadmau5, dude admitted using pirated software for his own albums.
Where did I say that? Kanye is a better producer than most edm, I'm just saying I found it funny he didn't know about serum seeing the level of producer he is but I guess he just doesn't follow the current state of gear very much. Was just saying I don't know any producers who don't know what that is. Also in a series of tweets by kanye he didnt deny it but rather tried swaying the subject so take that for what it is, and consider that hip hop producers often use in house computers.

Anyway, do you have a source for where/when he said that? In the case that he did, I'm gonna go off the assumption that it was on his earlier albums, which is exactly the point here. Like I said in my post its one thing when you're lesser known it's another when you're a world class producer, that's unacceptable. If you've seen Joel's studio recently you know he buys his own software now a day (and most likely bought the software he used after the fact)...

Ashhong

Where did I say that? Kanye is a better producer than most edm, I'm just saying I found it funny he didn't know about serum seeing the level of producer he is but I guess he just doesn't follow the current state of gear very much. Was just saying I don't know any producers who don't know what that is. Also in a series of tweets by kanye he didnt deny it but rather tried swaying the subject so take that for what it is, and consider that hip hop producers often use in house computers.

Anyway, do you have a source for where/when he said that? In the case that he did, I'm gonna go off the assumption that it was on his earlier albums, which is exactly the point here. Like I said in my post its one thing when you're lesser known it's another when you're a world class producer, that's unacceptable. If you've seen Joel's studio recently you know he buys his own software now a day (and most likely bought the software he used after the fact)...

I don't know, just seemed like a weird thing to point out, because it doesn't really say anything about the situation. But if you merely meant that it was just funny, then my bad.

I don't have the picture, but theres a screenshot in the Kanye thread. I believe it was in 2013, and he said he used it on his "last 4 albums". I'm not going to defend Kanye, because he should definitely be buying his stuff. But Joel takes an L for being a hypocrite.

Aomber

Really like this one :D

Wild Culture Vs. Karmin - Sugar (Lost Kings Remix)

Also Miike Snow's album is out today! Really excited to listen to this one after remixing them, the album is called iii

miike_snow_iii_360.jpg

I don't know, just seemed like a weird thing to point out, because it doesn't really say anything about the situation. But if you merely meant that it was just funny, then my bad.

I don't have the picture, but theres a screenshot in the Kanye thread. I believe it was in 2013, and he said he used it on his "last 4 albums". I'm not going to defend Kanye, because he should definitely be buying his stuff. But Joel takes an L for being a hypocrite.
Yeah I should have said it was a side note, I didn't mean to imply it reflected his skills as an artist at all

Anyway fair enough, I believe you because as I said recently Joel tends to often be a hypocrite. Overall it just sucks because I feel like if you're that well off and well known you owe something to the tools you've used to get there.

Aomber

Bakermat just put out a couple new tracks. I have to say, I wasn't expecting this at all, it's beautiful but I don't know what to make of it. I mean for those who know Bakermat he's always been straight up a house guy so this is a pretty dramatic change of direction.

Bakermat - Ballade

Bakermat - Gone

Proximity vs electroNOW Party/Concert

Solid lineup for me since I'm a fan of Hellberg and Vicetone. It's a decent lineup if you are a fan of the newer sounding Dance music.

First ever concert for Proximity Music. Quite happy to see how far that channel has grown even though I just subbed to him/they only a couple of years ago.

Jarnet87

Will this be the year that whoever handles the stream steps out of the dark ages and gives us multiple video streams? Probably not.

cdyhybrid

Anth0ny

mr stroke

HAKKASAN NIGHTCLUB. The prime nightclub of Las Vegas, featuring absolutely incredible DJs including the likes of Steve Aoki, DVBBS, and Dimitri Vegas/Like Mike.

But above all, they are celebrating their anniversary with one who is above all the greatest DJ of all time. Well played Hakkasan!

http://tickets.hakkasanlv.com/hakka...t/137328?_ga=1.76089557.1963098419.1457757595

Kim Fucking Kardashian West lololololololololol

What if Kim K plays hard techno?

Jarnet87

HAKKASAN NIGHTCLUB. The prime nightclub of Las Vegas, featuring absolutely incredible DJs including the likes of Steve Aoki, DVBBS, and Dimitri Vegas/Like Mike.

But above all, they are celebrating their anniversary with one who is above all the greatest DJ of all time. Well played Hakkasan!

http://tickets.hakkasanlv.com/hakka...t/137328?_ga=1.76089557.1963098419.1457757595

Top it by making it B2B with Paris Hilton. Take me to DJ heaven.

So.... This is what we have come to now, have we?

Time to get lit.... Which most likely, all the people going there will be. Drunk and drugged out of their minds jumping and fist pumping to some great music. No, really, the music is going to be great!

I got to hear the Porter Robinson set from Holy Ship on Area and he dropped in the fricking Oreimo theme. (And Simple and Clean)

Tell me that set is recorded somewhere.

Haha, found it.

https://www.mixcloud.com/edmninja/holy-ship-2016-porter-robinson-live-12-mar-2016/

It has an anime song at the start too. Dude must be a giant otaku.

He does date an Asian chick too... derp. I follow someone on snapchat who is friend with his girlfriend so I see him in snaps randomly at times lol.

Dany

Banned
Sai_Kun and I were in Chapel Hill, NC with some friends and one of them saw a friend in the car at a stop light and chatted him up. We asked him later who it was and surprisingly enough it was Porter Robinson.

Small world eh? It was like 2014 i think.

Deadly

Aomber

RUMORED lineup supposedly leaked for bestival in Toronto. If this is real, this festival was designed for me personally. Its beautiful.

I'm a little suspicious just because it seems too good to be true. We'll see though.

leaked-bestival.jpg

im an edm noob but I've discovered gesaffelstein & I really dig the sound.

can someone put me on more music like this?
Check out REZZ, she's a newer artist and she's definitely that sort of style

Sai-kun

Banned
i'm hyped for our yearly ultra get together, y'all. is anyone gonna make a topic?

edit: i also haven't posted anything new in here for awhile, or posted about stuff you guys have posted. let me go through some tracks today.

mr stroke

RUMORED lineup supposedly leaked for bestival in Toronto. If this is real, this festival was designed for me personally. Its beautiful.

I'm a little suspicious just because it seems too good to be true. We'll see though.

leaked-bestival.jpg

Check out REZZ, she's a newer artist and she's definitely that sort of style

sick

odd to see Daughter among all the DJ's though..

Anth0ny

leaked-bestival.jpg

Yeah it's real

*checks calendar*

Yeah I'm going

Ixian

I'm going to my first Ultra this year as well. :D Girlfriend and I are hopping on an overnight fly there tonight, in fact. Pretty hype for it, minus the predicted rainfall. :( Then we get a short time to recover before Coachella weekend 1.

Top Bottom