• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

Hell yeah Flume's on now :D gonna have to check that out

Edit: Well dammit, I tuned in too early and KSHMR is still on lol...

Aomber

I'm..... actually a fan of Calvin Harris *shrugs* I like his music that's being played on the radios and shit. Go ahead EDM-GAF shame me lol.

Calvin is the man, in terms of radio presence and pop EDM he's easily the best, has been for the last couple years. No shame in that :D

It's been a while since we've gotten a decent volume of work from him though, he should be releasing new music soon

Calvin is the man, in terms of radio presence and pop EDM he's easily the best, has been for the last couple years. No shame in that :D

It's been a while since we've gotten a decent volume of work from him though, he should be releasing new music soon

I agree. The mainstream needs more Calvin Harris tracks right now. Otherwise we need more Angello, Ingrosso, or Axwell music because they are the most recognizable acts right now!

I actually hate how slow we (US) are to adapting to the rest of the world Musicwise (EDM wise).

mr stroke

There's two types of people: people who say they like Calvin Harris, and liars.

This may be true, I generally hate the "big room pop house sound", but Harris is my guilty pleasure. Basically stupid party music, good for the gym or a massive festival, Shit for a club, getting into a groove, or any set lasting longer than an hour.

cdyhybrid

This may be true, I generally hate the "big room pop house sound", but Harris is my guilty pleasure. Basically stupid party music, good for the gym or a massive festival, Shit for a club, getting into a groove, or any set lasting longer than an hour.
CH stands out because he makes actual songs, instead of just 3-minute drop vehicles like the rest of the big room producers. His music is just clearly a tier above your DVLMs etc.

Aomber

CH stands out because he makes actual songs, instead of just 3-minute drop vehicles like the rest of the big room producers. His music is just clearly a tier above your DVLMs etc.
Spot on, this is what I'm always ranting about ITT – even with mainstage music with big moments where everyone goes crazy you can write really good music

To be fair, it depends which club, I mean the ones Harris has residencies at are basically mini festivals :p granted they get way too packed

Screen-Shot-2015-06-16-at-4.59.50-PM_zpslmc2xvlu.png

Cagey

Banned

Spot on, this is what I'm always ranting about ITT – even with mainstage music with big moments where everyone goes crazy you can write really good music

Yep. Calvin makes songs, not means of getting to a drop. Damn good pop-EDM music. It's not the world's greatest music but I'm never disappointed to hear his stuff come on the radio at the gym, pop into a set, etc.

His catalog is like if Britney Spears churned out nothing but "Toxic" type songs.

Aomber

Yep. Calvin makes songs, not means of getting to a drop. Damn good pop-EDM music. It's not the world's greatest music but I'm never disappointed to hear his stuff come on the radio at the gym, pop into a set, etc.

His catalog is like if Britney Spears churned out nothing but "Toxic" type songs.

One of the producers from Galantis worked on Toxic which definitely helps explain why their music is fantastic as well

Sai-kun

Banned
Who were the Jack U cameos ? And did Underworld pack the Sahara tent?

I need to know these things for W2 :p

Kiesza, Kanye (for like 2 seconds), and AlunaGeorge are all I remember tbh, lmao.

And Underworld got packed, but not until it was about to start. We got there a little bit early and made it literally to the front with no problem, we just walked up.

mr stroke

Kiesza, Kanye (for like 2 seconds), and AlunaGeorge are all I remember tbh, lmao.

And Underworld got packed, but not until it was about to start. We got there a little bit early and made it literally to the front with no problem, we just walked up.

What were your top sets of W1?

Sai-kun

Banned
What were your top sets of W1?

Underworld, Christine and the Queens, SOPHIE, DJ Koze, 2manydjs, and Dubfire were my favorites among artists I actually got to see, but I hear Nosaj Thing, RL Grime, and Death Grips were really fucking cool as well. I also saw a bit of Parov Stelar and they had the tent goin off.

Aomber

I didn't tune in tonight but why did they have to make the stream 360? Seems gimmicky seeing as most people can't/won't take advantage of that, would much prefer a stream like last weekend

23qwerty

I didn't tune in tonight but why did they have to make the stream 360? Seems gimmicky seeing as most people can't/won't take advantage of that, would much prefer a stream like last weekend

What do you mean? The 360 works on desktop and phones, who wouldn't it work for? Was pretty neat, but was a bit blurry at 1440p, 4k would have been good

How's everything been going for Coachella 2nd week? Wasn't able to watch last night's stream due to me going downtown MPLS to participate in the Prince Block Party. Which I wasn't able to stay for long because my older sister can't stand the smell of weed when she's drunk lol.

Also, the EDM music for the bar scene here is uh.... Future House and shitty Big Room mixes of pop songs -_-" I tried my best to enjoy it y'all, I did..... I just can't with pop/radio songs. When we got there Roses was playing and I was enjoying it until they cut out to some pop song ;_;

mr stroke

How's everything been going for Coachella 2nd week? Wasn't able to watch last night's stream due to me going downtown MPLS to participate in the Prince Block Party. Which I wasn't able to stay for long because my older sister can't stand the smell of weed when she's drunk lol.

Also, the EDM music for the bar scene here is uh.... Future House and shitty Big Room mixes of pop songs -_-" I tried my best to enjoy it y'all, I did..... I just can't with pop/radio songs. When we got there Roses was playing and I was enjoying it until they cut out to some pop song ;_;

Fantastic

Saw Jack U, Underworld and Bob Moses, they were all great :)

& Marco Carola killed the Yuma Tent, holy hell :eek: He packed it full and dropped dark Tech Bomb after Bomb. Wow

Aomber

What do you mean? The 360 works on desktop and phones, who wouldn't it work for? Was pretty neat, but was a bit blurry at 1440p, 4k would have been good
Yeah I know, I mean like it's optimized mostly for VR, it's okay on a desktop or phone but I would have preferred the regular camera shots they have like last weekend. Better quality and what not

DMczaf

Went to Marquee last night to see Andrew Rayel. Amazing set and found out my friend is friends with one of his singers and invites us to their table to hang out and meet Andrew after the show. Omg!

Top Bottom