• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Sai-kun

Banned

woof. two minutes in got me like

799CjtN.gif

Aomber

So chvrches was so good I bought tickets for night 2 last minute. Let's do this

EDIT: AAAAND THEY DID IT AGAIN. I fucking love music more than life itself. To be honest with you guys it's my absolute dream to reach people around the world and touch them with my music, make them feel something, and that's what they did for me last night and tonight. Watching them give it 110% both nights, loving what they do, it got me really emotional, I love seeing that. Thing is too it's just such great music, from start to end, their music is incredibly well crafted.

Talonz

Is EDC going to be live streamed again this year? I know SiriusXM will do their thing but didn't Yahoo handle the video last year?

Aomber

Myon and Shane54 just announced that they're splitting up for now to pursue solo stuff.

Just saw this, sounds like it's not a permanent split up from their banner on FB just pursuing solo projects for now.

Also lol'd at the link they shared on their wall. "ONE OF EDM'S MOST PROLIFIC DUO'S SURPRISES FANS AND PARTS WAYS" by no other than YourEDM

Aomber

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Random question: Are old episodes of ASOT hosted anywhere in original/high quality? Or are they pretty much streaming-only, or temporarily available, or something like that?

Aomber

Just came to say there's a new disclosure EP called Moog For Love go check it out. Will post impressions later

EDIT: Not available yet, out at Midnight GMT

Aomber

Disclosure's EP, in order

Disclosure - BOSS

Disclosure & Al Green - Feel Like I Do

Disclosure & Eats Everything - Moog For Love

ALRIGHT THEN, I gotta be a bit honest. I've been a big Disclosure fan for a while. Settle obviously was excellent, Caracal was pretty good although it seems universally agreed that it wasn't up to par with Settle, myself included. Still pretty good though, I listen to it.

But I gotta say, this was very forgettable. That's not a term I use loosely when it comes to Disclosure but everything about this was completely sub par. "BOSS" is the closest thing to their usual work, decent but just absolutely does not meet the quality that other tracks down that line manage to do, ex. When A Fire Starts To Burn, Holding On, etc. "Moog For Love" just feels annoying for me to listen to when compared to their clubbier tracks from their albums, which are really meticulous and clean, whereas this just feels very busy and redundant in comparison. Lastly "Feel Like I Do" feels like something I'd hear from Casablanca, and while I understand Disclosure is all about taking vintage sound and modernizing it, this doesn't feel like it does that.

This concerns me greatly because their last release was their "Never Be Like You" remix which was mediocre at best. It feels to me like Disclosure might be running out of ideas, I'm really not sure how excited I am for another album. It better blow the cork off what they've been doing recently or they're going to fall off pretty hard. Needless to say, I was not a fan of this.

Some people might think "Well this isn't their album material so don't expect as much". I would argue that we should expect as much, as we have received as much in the past

One of my friends who going... is planning on only doing 2 days. I'm so tempted to buy a flight to vegas use his ticket go on last day fly back at 6 am Monday morning then go to work....

#LOL

But probably won't.... but tempted. I'll probably make the thread again this year unless someone wants to.

Aomber

New ZHU! This one is a bit poppier and less dark than his other works

ZHU - Generationwhy

On a separate note after a lot of back and forth for months, I've been trying to pull off going to EForest with some friends but concluded tonight that it's just not gonna work out.

=/ damn bros, looks like I might not be making it to a festival this year. It's probably for the best, I'd prefer to pocket the money and save it for something I wanna go to a bit more, was mainly trying to go for the friends.

I'm probably going to move to New York within the upcoming months so there will be plenty to do there at least.

We got two days left. Who is making the OT for EDC? Since the live stream will be on Youtube and Facebook, I wonder if it will have a big turn out like the Ultra thread usually has?

Ixian

Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. So hyped for EDC right now; Friday and Sunday have some killer time blocks for me (Adventure Club through Knife Party, then Paul Van Dyk through Gareth Emery). Not ready for that heat though; it's been relatively chilly here in San Diego (70 degrees) so it's gonna be quite the jump.

Aomber

They're definitely gonna bring that to NA at some point. Really excited about that

I'd love to see Prydz go in a live direction. I mean, doesn't he DJ all his own music anyway? It would make more sense to have more control over his own tracks and potentially make it more interesting.

New Sharam album is so good. Gonna be on repeat for a while

GLqUaS5.jpg

This is quite interesting. It feels like an interesting mix of inspirations from techno, house, etc. but isn't quite down any of those lanes, I read him talking about how he didn't feel limited to genres with this album. Some cool tracks here, the Giorgio Moroder one is a surprise!

mr stroke

Prydz mind fucked EDC last night. Started off synthy, then went straight down the Cirez D hole. Didn't think he would play that dark and hard on that particular stage. Best set I've ever heard from him. Incredible stuff :eek:

cdyhybrid

Prydz mind fucked EDC last night. Started off synthy, then went straight down the Cirez D hole. Didn't think he would play that dark and hard on that particular stage. Best set I've ever heard from him. Incredible stuff :eek:

Posted a video of the finale in the EDC thread. Hopefully someone recorded his set off SXM, would love to hear the erst of it.

Yesterday's stream of EDC just reminded me how I dislike Dubstep and mainstream House/Electro House. I will never find those sounds enjoyable. I just can't. I can't ;_;

But I did get to enjoy some Gareth Emery, Markus Schulz, and the rest of Trance sets :p

Top Bottom