• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Dany

Banned
khTMXRl.jpg

Really curious about this.

Aomber

Two girls reportedly found unconscious in DVBBS’ dressing room

Attendees report that the two girls had been standing in the front row during the set, only to be called up on stage. After talking with the duo, the girls were apparently invited to hangout backstage where they were later discovered by venue staffers alone and unconscious.

Festival organizers have confirmed that the girls would not have been able to enter the protected area without artist accompaniment.

One of the girls’ mothers has since filed a police report regarding the events. Though Hungarian media outlets have attempted to glean information from officials, many offices were closed on Sunday and promised more information later today.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this is as bad as it sounds. These guys are huge pieces of shit.

From the article comments:
jV1s64h.png

Ok edm gaf, anyone have song recommendations/a youtube playlist of recent, but good songs. I need maybe... 2 hours worth max.

Having a party this weekend on a tram so... space is limited but still having our friend dj. Still would like some spare music so he can take a break and have fun too instead of sitting there going at it for 4 hours.

Ok edm gaf, anyone have song recommendations/a youtube playlist of recent, but good songs. I need maybe... 2 hours worth max.

Having a party this weekend on a tram so... space is limited but still having our friend dj. Still would like some spare music so he can take a break and have fun too instead of sitting there going at it for 4 hours.

What kind of party? How old are these party-goers? Do they, by chance, listen to more EDM than the casual listener?

I've read and heard from folks on reddit that if it's a regular party "party", finding the top 40 EDM hits today is good. Finding remixes of popular songs is good. Mixing in Trap, Tropical House, and Bigroom is decent. Also, mix in some Top Radio Hits today on Spotify or youtube would be a good thing to add onto the playlist. A regular party with casual listeners of EDM will get bored of listening to straight EDM all night.

If it's a straight EDM party/rave, the Top EDM hits is a guarantee from Spotify.

I can't really specify any playlist on Youtube or Spotify but Spotify always shows the Top Hits when I open my app. Actually, Spinnin' just released their summer mix, maybe that might interest you but I don't know if any songs on that mix are good (haven't listened to it yet).

Aomber

Edit: Heard the full release, opinion remains unchanged. Link fixed for full release.

Hailee Steinfeld, Grey, & Zedd - Starving

The only thing I'm starving for after listening to this is good music. This is astonishingly generic, I'm going to go as far as saying this is probably the worst song I've heard from both Zedd and Grey. To sum it up: hailee's vocals are weak, Jack U percussion and vocal samples with Flume saw waves and even a Flume sample thrown in, written in E major, which coincidentally happens to be the exact same key as The Chainsmokers - Roses. If you wanna experiment with music that's trendy, that's fine, I've done it myself, but do SOMETHING different, make it your own. There's absolutely nothing original about this. Lol at these lyrics too, "I don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo!"

To be clear, I don't post about music I dislike unless it's because I genuinely like the artists involved. Zedd and Grey are really talented but have taken a serious dive off the deep end with this one. Especially Zedd with several of his recent releases, who has regularly been quoted in the past saying to "be different, be you, and shock people". That's something he used to be phenomenal at doing, but "Starving" isn't shocking anyone, nor was Candyman, etc.

The one thing I do like about this though is that Hailee is qt. ^_^

Sai-kun

Banned
@l1nett i'm obsessed with that brute album by fatima al qadiri now. thanks a lot.

also um that dj snake track. that y'alls boy? where's the button to never hear that track again

the remixes will be fire though

23qwerty

Hailee Steinfeld, Grey, & Zedd - Starving

The only thing I'm starving for after listening to this is good music. This is astonishingly generic, I'm going to go as far as saying this is probably the worst song I've heard from both Zedd and Grey. It's only a 30 second sample but having heard it played at EDC and now this sample, I've heard enough to sum it up to this: hailee's vocals are weak in this one and generic, Jack U percussion and vocal samples with Flume saw waves and even a Flume sample thrown in, written in E major, which coincidentally happens to be the exact same key as The Chainsmokers - Roses. I don't like Roses at all and even I think Roses is more interesting than this. If you wanna experiment with music that's trendy, that's fine, I've done it myself, but do SOMETHING different, make it your own. There's absolutely nothing original about this. Lol at these lyrics too, "I don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo!"

To be clear, I don't post about music I dislike unless it's because I genuinely like the artists involved. Zedd and Grey are really talented but have taken a serious dive off the deep end with this one. Especially Zedd with several of his recent releases, who has regularly been quoted in the past saying to "be different, be you, and shock people". That's something he used to be phenomenal at doing, but "Starving" isn't shocking anyone, nor was Candyman, etc.

The one thing I do like about this though is that Hailee is qt. ^_^

I miss old zedd :c

Aomber

I miss old zedd :c
Yep, I'm being hard on him because he could be such an influential artist to all music not even just EDM, I used to hugely look up to him but now he makes cheesy bubble gum music. It's so unnecessary, I'm all for him making pop music but he has the talent to make killer radio hits that are far more unique and interesting, Starving is so lazy. I partly blame Grey for the quality of the song though, the only good song they've ever released is their Kaskade remix.

For christ's sake here's his old stuff

Lady Gaga - G.U.Y. - An ARTPOP Film (G.U.Y.-Only Version)

Zedd - Clarity (Official Video) ft. Foxes

@l1nett i'm obsessed with that brute album by fatima al qadiri now. thanks a lot.

also um that dj snake track. that y'alls boy? where's the button to never hear that track again

It's interesting at least, not really my thing but I can give it that, I doubt I'll like the album though

It's just an interesting collab that has an interesting sound compared to what's out right now in the mainstream,

I might, might be able to make the Tomorrowland OT. We will see when it comes to it. Respond here, in this thread, if there are folks who might be willing to make the OT or have already made an OT so I won't steal it from you ^_^

Aomber

So sounds like I'm going to this in a few weeks time. Should be good times, I would have preferred to go to Osheaga but it didn't work out (read: RADIOHEAD IS PLAYING THERE AND IM SALTY UGH). Gonna have to wait until I get a chance to go to something like Coachella or Gov's Ball before I can go to a more general festival.

It's just an interesting collab that has an interesting sound compared to what's out right now in the mainstream,

I might, might be able to make the Tomorrowland OT. We will see when it comes to it. Respond here, in this thread, if there are folks who might be willing to make the OT or have already made an OT so I won't steal it from you ^_^

This post made me feel better knowing I'm not the only person who still uses ^_^

23qwerty

Yep, I'm being hard on him because he could be such an influential artist to all music not even just EDM, I used to hugely look up to him but now he makes cheesy bubble gum music. It's so unnecessary, I'm all for him making pop music but he has the talent to make killer radio hits that are far more unique and interesting, Starving is so lazy. I partly blame Grey for the quality of the song though, the only good song they've ever released is their Kaskade remix.

For christ's sake here's his old stuff

Lady Gaga - G.U.Y. - An ARTPOP Film (G.U.Y.-Only Version)

Zedd - Clarity (Official Video) ft. Foxes

It's interesting at least, not really my thing but I can give it that, I doubt I'll like the album though

clarity? naw spectrum though.... :(

man that reminds me I did remix of Spectrum years ago... it's kinda nice tbh, a bit atypical and super rough but w.e

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8266864/Spectrum (Remix).mp3

damn thats a solid lineup though.,.. fuck i wish i went to center of gravity this weekend when skrillex was there though ugh why didnt i

Aomber

clarity? naw spectrum though.... :(

man that reminds me I did remix of Spectrum years ago... it's kinda nice tbh, a bit atypical and super rough but w.e

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8266864/Spectrum (Remix).mp3

damn thats a solid lineup though.,.. fuck i wish i went to center of gravity this weekend when skrillex was there though ugh why didnt i

I love Spectrum! In fact I love the whole album, I felt like it was much more personal and unique than True Colors as a product overall

Yeahhhhhh nexus presets :D hahaha that was actually pretty decent though I hope you've kept it up, I'm guessing that was for his Spectrum remix contest he did. I'm currently working on a new song at the moment myself and it's easily the best music I've written.

What kind of party? How old are these party-goers? Do they, by chance, listen to more EDM than the casual listener?

I've read and heard from folks on reddit that if it's a regular party "party", finding the top 40 EDM hits today is good. Finding remixes of popular songs is good. Mixing in Trap, Tropical House, and Bigroom is decent. Also, mix in some Top Radio Hits today on Spotify or youtube would be a good thing to add onto the playlist. A regular party with casual listeners of EDM will get bored of listening to straight EDM all night.

If it's a straight EDM party/rave, the Top EDM hits is a guarantee from Spotify.

I can't really specify any playlist on Youtube or Spotify but Spotify always shows the Top Hits when I open my app. Actually, Spinnin' just released their summer mix, maybe that might interest you but I don't know if any songs on that mix are good (haven't listened to it yet).

They are like 22-30. They all like Edm and club music. Anything with a good beat that gets the people bumping a bit. Anything is good. We will have a bit of hip-hop, pop, big house drops and what not. I will post an example later when I'm not out drinking lol

They are like 22-30. They all like Edm and club music. Anything with a good beat that gets the people bumping a bit. Anything is good. We will have a bit of hip-hop, pop, big house drops and what not. I will post an example later when I'm not out drinking lol

Ok. Most definitely use a Top Hits today for EDM on Spotify or Youtube. I'm sure they have plenty of variety for the party people. Remixes of popular radio hits are the most popular so make sure to find some of them. Otherwise, it seems like you and your friend knows what to play. Make sure to tell your friend to transition well and to read what the audience are reacting to. That's what makes a good DJ imo. You can play a shitload of good-great songs but if they don't flow well into each other, you might as well just not DJ.

Definitely, definitely play Sandstorm. That's what everybody likes. Also play Brain Power.

@Aomber, ^_^ definitely needs more usage around GAF. I've been using it for the past few months now and again.

So I've gone back and listened to Odesza a whole bunch lately. And I really like how he mixes Asian instruments in his sample. Like here and here.

Anyone know artists who does similar things?

Deadly

So sounds like I'm going to this in a few weeks time. Should be good times, I would have preferred to go to Osheaga but it didn't work out (read: RADIOHEAD IS PLAYING THERE AND IM SALTY UGH). Gonna have to wait until I get a chance to go to something like Coachella or Gov's Ball before I can go to a more general festival.

This post made me feel better knowing I'm not the only person who still uses ^_^
Wow Saturday is so much the clear winner this year. Might actually consider getting a single day pass. Before they always mixed it up so you'd want to buy the weekend pass.

daviyoung

Banned
Summer mix from me...deep and tech house

https://soundcloud.com/daviyoung/house-your-father-25

1. Danglo - Black Lives Matter
2. Rich Wakley - That's The Joint (Superlover Mix)
3. Anthony Mea - Jazz 1605
4. Fred Everything - Hold On
5. Wally Lopez - Sublimotion Ibiza
6. Motsa - Reincarnation
7. AWITW - The Girl From Eorzea (Ulex Mix)
8. Kyodai - Let's Get Away
9. Trent Cantrelle - Intrepid Traveler
10. Monday Club - Let It Reign
11. Armen Miran - Jojo In The Stars (Robot Needs Oil Mix)
12. Funf Sterne Deluxe - Schund (Super Flu's No Champier Mix)
13. Esteble - Feathers
14. Thomas Schwartz - Rea
15. Polyrhythm - The EgoScene
16. Jacob Groening - Siddharta
17. Montel - Gonna Keep
18. Ambivalent - Whyou

Xirj

Entire Ultra Europe Day 2 Broadcast in HD video including Vicetone, Above & Beyond, deadmau5 etc

Deadmau5 set was very good. Crowd was so-so about it, but it could have also been how late it was; there quite a bit fewer people towards the end. I haven't ever listened to Dash Berlin before but I like his set quite a lot as well.

Aomber

Listen to Major Lazer’s collaboration with Justin Bieber and MØ: ‘Cold Water’

Not the world's biggest fan of this, the hook is kinda interesting but it's dominated mostly by the verses which are are a bit weak, like something you'd hear from a run of the mill R&B song. To be honest though I almost wonder if it would be better if just MO was singing at least on the verses – I enjoy Justin as a singer, but when MO comes in during the Bridge I immediately thought I would have preferred the twang of her vocals throughout those parts, maybe keep Justin for just the hooks and make it "Major Lazer & MO featuring Justin Bieber". I felt like Justin's were a bit too "smooth and poppy" for the production during the verses, those could have probably been overlooked a little easier had she been singing over them instead, it sounds a little cliche'd in my opinion this way. I say that because Justin's vocals sound really interesting over some weird production as we've seen both Diplo and Skrillex do in the past.

Ok.... I'm roaming around the net looking for all the up-to-date info for Tomorrowland Belgium 2016. I've got the OT almost complete and it will be posted later this week!

Just need to find out who are actually being streamed and then the OT should be finished.

Top Bottom