• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Oh yea I remember that. Alex does come across as a douche sometimes from what I have seen of them. Sometimes making it seem like Drew isn't as cool as he is.....

I've been listening to some APEK and BRKLYN lately thanks to Tritonal. They're not that special but they are catchy as hell:

APEK & Carl Nunes ft. Alexx Mack - Stars

Maor Levi & BRKLYN ft. Mariah McManus - No Sleep

Been digging around for some more of their tracks. Decent Commercial Prog House with nice vocals imo.

Aomber

Ile soniq day 1 was decent, it didn't really get good for me until about 7 pm, too much bad dubstep and trap - I felt like I was listening to my alarm clock for 4 hours. But then I saw Oliver Heldens and he put on a surprisingly great set, right as my one buddy leaves who loves techno, dude started dropping pig & Dan and cirez D tracks, was awesome. Then saw zedd for the fifth time which is always a good time

Y'know.... Avicii's Waiting For Love animation really touched me ;_;

I just can't put myself into that situation.... Shit is sad as fuck. If my dog came looking for me I would cry too (I actually did ;_;). That is such a good song.

mr stroke

Ile soniq day 1 was decent, it didn't really get good for me until about 7 pm, too much bad dubstep and trap - I felt like I was listening to my alarm clock for 4 hours. But then I saw Oliver Heldens and he put on a surprisingly great set, right as my one buddy leaves who loves techno, dude started dropping pig & Dan and cirez D tracks, was awesome. Then saw zedd for the fifth time which is always a good time

He's so on fire right now. Blurring the lines between big room and techy/funky house. Love that he's able to play main stages and not play big room DVLM cheese.

Aomber

He's so on fire right now. Blurring the lines between big room and techy/funky house. Love that he's able to play main stages and not play big room DVLM cheese.
Actually oddly enough he didn't play mainstage at ile soniq although for sure he usually does mainstage at most other festivals. That might be why he dropped more techno than I've heard him do in the past though. Either way it was a great set.

cdyhybrid

Incredible. Nothing less.

deadmau5 - Saved

ENceiVp.gif

Edit: Speaking of which, one of Carl Cox's two upcoming Essential Mixes recorded in Ibiza

Edit2: Hot damn this shit is straight up fire!

Aomber

AhhhhhhhhHHHHHH I CANT POST IT RIGHT NOW BUT PORTER AND MADEON HAVE A NEW SONG AND A NEW TOUR TOGETHER GO CHECK IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Aomber

Porter and Madeon song is great, but I definitely felt like it was more of a Madeon song than a Porter song despite having some obvious production contributions - which isn't a bad thing by any stretch but I think there was room for some more Porter. For example maybe they could have added either Porter's own vocals and/or vocaloid in addition to Madeon's vocals, would have made an interesting contrast.

Yoooo, fellow Trapheads! Yellow Claw just released their newest album with the whole Barong Family. It's all free to download right here! It's also available on Soundcloud *shudders* Finna jump on it and see the creative differences from the whole family.

Also in the new, Tritonal's Broken ft. Adam Lambert. Boring, yes. Prefer their older sound, absolutely. Posted just for my Tritonians.

Also, DJ Snake's Let Me Love You is Lean On Pt.2. The whole album showed DJ Snake's versatility but I didn't quite enjoy most of the dubstep-ish tracks.

Edit: damn, the very first track on the Barong Family album is on point. San Holo's Future Bass combined with Yellow Claw's trapstyle is crazy!

Marshmello's sound is a festival-friendly, 2010s EDM update of Happy Hardcore, right?

I wouldn't say that. I would say it's Festival Trap of commercial Future Bass. If you listen to Happy Hardcore, the sound is entirely different. Best example would be Stonebank songs. He blurs the genres between house and trap.

I actually went out to the bars tonight. Surprised to say..... I heard some Trapstyle! Super excited and I was almost exclusively the only one dancing to it. DJ played some Coone (Sound Barrier) and Yellow Cilw (A couple songs that I cannot remember :/). Surprised to hear one track from DVLM (I think it was Tremor? Too drunk to remember lol). There were alot of The Chainsmoker's mixes and.... I sort of approve just because we got more EDM here. DLMD - Original, DLMD - Hardwell mix, Closer - random mix @_@

MN making some moves toward more EDM! I'm super happy ^_^

I also danced my ass off :p sweat came from all over my neck.

Ashhong

Holy shit, Tiesto dropped that new Showtek track at Moonrise?! That's what's up. Euphoric Hardstyle should be a great choice for casual listeners.

Mellow? That's considered Euphoric? Song is enjoyable, could have been better. Brought me back to the days of dancing to that song on DDR

Mellow? That's considered Euphoric? Song is enjoyable, could have been better. Brought me back to the days of dancing to that song on DDR

For me, Euphoric Hardstyle contains alot of vocals and is generally pleasing to a casual listener's ears (it's uplifting). Mellow fits my definition of Euphoric Hardstyle. Obviously Raw, Hardcore, and "Hardstyle" can include vocals but their focal point doesn't rely on the vocals. Gunz For Hire's This Is LA is a decent example of it. Tracks that rely on the kicks and reverse bass and whatnot doesn't = Euphoric Hardstyle.

I hate subgenres but not knowing the "correct" genre bugs me. Kind of like when I'm base building in a videogame and the floor is just a tad bit floating :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOjOqhL7ySw

What woudl you catagorize this?

Finally heard it this morning and i get my feel good vibe from it. Literally just brought me into memory mode when i used to party/club/rave from thursdays to sundays haha. Reminding me about getting ready on thursday nights to go to Beta, then friday with the church and saturday playing at whatever rave i was booked at. haha sundays that continued with the saturday night after parties. oh man, the memories that just hit me. aka nostalgia.

Aomber

Finally heard it this morning and i get my feel good vibe from it. Literally just brought me into memory mode when i used to party/club/rave from thursdays to sundays haha. Reminding me about getting ready on thursday nights to go to Beta, then friday with the church and saturday playing at whatever rave i was booked at. haha sundays that continued with the saturday night after parties. oh man, the memories that just hit me. aka nostalgia.
Future bass

Future Bass

Nvm, Aomber got it covered lol.

Hardwell is going to be here next month and I'm trying my damnedest to get two of my buddies to go. One doesn't particularly enjoy Mainstream House music (enjoys Trap more and I introduced him into Hardstyle) while the other is anxious to go (but my aforementioned friend has an off/on relationship with him even though they are cousins -_-). I'm really hoping we go. It's been too long since the three of us have all gone out and enjoy the nightlife ourselves (the only three to maintain a stable relationship after high school).

Future bass

Future Bass

Nvm, Aomber got it covered lol.

Hardwell is going to be here next month and I'm trying my damnedest to get two of my buddies to go. One doesn't particularly enjoy Mainstream House music (enjoys Trap more and I introduced him into Hardstyle) while the other is anxious to go (but my aforementioned friend has an off/on relationship with him even though they are cousins -_-). I'm really hoping we go. It's been too long since the three of us have all gone out and enjoy the nightlife ourselves (the only three to maintain a stable relationship after high school).

Ahhh, interesting. Thanks for the reply :)

I've completely fallen off the electro/house scene. Best electro/EDM/house stuff of 2016? Prefer albums but I think it's not really that sort of genre.

I've completely fallen off the electro/house scene. Best electro/EDM/house stuff of 2016? Prefer albums but I think it's not really that sort of genre.

I.... I don't think I can help you there buddy. I don't pay too much attention to the Electro/House scene. What and who did you like to listen to before dropping out of the scene?

Edit: damn, Official Preview for Coone & Sephyx's track Reanalyze is good. You can really hear the difference between the two. Coone in the beginning with an older Hardstyle sound and Sephyx coming in at the end with the newer Hardstyle sound and then they mesh together, sexy. This track is definitely one of the better songs from Less is More.

Aomber

Haven't heard this one, probably my favorite track I've heard from Hudson Mohawke. I'm generally not a big fan of his stuff only because he tends to overdo it with clipping/distortion (specifically his Lantern album) but this is really cool, reminds me of something from Phantasy Star.

Needless to say this was ahead of its time.

Hudson Mohawke - Thank You

Albums that fit what you're describing and released in 2016:

Eric Prydz - Opus
Steve Angello - Wild Youth
Mat Zo - Self Assemble (not all housey)

uk-0828-860674-front.jpg

Got this to look forward to next week. It'll help soften the blow of it being a month since Tomorrowland and missing out on Cirez D/Eric Prydz that day at Creamfields

Aomber

Whoa what a sick track from Axwell :D

Michael Feiner - Mantra (Axwell Cut)

Also probably the best Never Be Like You remix

Flume Never Be Like You (Martin Solveig remix)

And another nice track from these two

A-Trak & Tommy Trash - Lose My Mind

Also, this track is NUTS been a while since I've heard a great psy-trance track

Hilight Tribe - Free Tibet (Vini Vici Remix)

Also in the new, Tritonal's Broken ft. Adam Lambert. Boring, yes. Prefer their older sound, absolutely. Posted just for my Tritonians.

Lol just checked this out. Adam goes from singing for one of the most legendary fucking bands of all time (Queen) to making generic EDM LOL

My brother is looking for some hard driving edm is the vein of The Prodigy. Anything recent you can recommend. Even something like Vinai's The Wave is ok.

Decided to finally check out some FlyLo tracks, I felt like I'd listened to him before but looking back I don't think I ever properly checked him out. I know I'm super late to the party on this one but better late than never :D love his style

Flying Lotus - Zodiac Shit

Flying Lotus - Massage Situation

I used to fuck with FlyLo during the prime Adult Swim days. FlyLo, Nujabes, J Dilla. Legends, the three of them. RIP to Nujabes and J Dilla.

I need to get back into all three of them. Such good music from all three of them.

My brother is looking for some hard driving edm is the vein of The Prodigy. Anything recent you can recommend. Even something like Vinai's The Wave is ok.

Hm.... Your latter point suggests Big Room/Electro House. We know, in here, how much we dislike DVLM but would you like DVLM?

The Hum

Tremor

- Bounce might be what interests you? -

Deorro & Uberjak'd ft. The Far East Movement - When The Funk Drops

TJR & Vinai - Bounce Generation

Otherwise, youtube and spotify has plenty of playlists consisting of Electro House and Big Room. But for something like The Prodigy, I don't know tbh. I'm sure we have people in here who can direct you to songs similar to what can heard from The Prodigy.

Aomber

Otherwise, youtube and spotify has plenty of playlists consisting of Electro House and Big Room. But for something like The Prodigy, I don't know tbh. I'm sure we have people in here who can direct you to songs similar to what can heard from The Prodigy.
That's a tough one for me too. The BEST suggestion I can make is probably The Chemical Brothers, maybe even Pendulum, but The Prodigy has such a distinct sound that nobody really sounds like them.

The Chemical Brothers - Go

pendulum: girl in the fire

Speaking of DVLM, their ghost producer Maarten Vorwerk is trying to get voted into the DJMag Top 100 this year as a joke so go vote for him LOL

13912583_1457171950975873_8194684658273362428_n.jpg

Aomber

Totally forgot to mention as well – new Gaga single in September, assuming Gaga Album 5 is coming out in the foreseeable future as well. Worth posting as I consider a large portion of her music to be dance. Mark Ronson is also involved, probably as the main producer of the single.

https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/765923088978550784

https://www.instagram.com/iammarkronson/

Also, speaking of Pendulum... What happened after that Ultra performance? They seemed to just go right off the grid after that, I was expecting them to follow up with some sort of single and they're still contracted for an album. It's now August and Ultra Miami was in March.

Top Bottom