• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

BumRush

EDM-GAF, I need more EDM like Marshmello - Alone. I know it's Trap but it's a more upbeat trap that I can't get enough of.

Any recommendations? I read a couple trap threads here on GAF but they had a much different feel.

EDM-GAF, I need more EDM like Marshmello - Alone. I know it's Trap but it's a more upbeat trap that I can't get enough of.

Any recommendations? I read a couple trap threads here on GAF but they had a much different feel.

I'd argue that it can be considered Future Bass instead of regular Trap. dotcom's Marshmello's tracks, for now, are similar to each other - upbeat/melodic trap music.

The king of uplifting and melodic Trap right now is Monstercat. They have had tons of releases lately.

You guys know I love me some Hellberg but his latest release, albeit uplifting, is just lacking. All The Way got major plays from Afrojack (also because it was released on Afrojack's label) and this might propel Hellberg forward into the mainstream scene. Dude has potential but I feel like he's just not there yet. I am happy that he does have his sound now and people will recognize his tracks immediately. Good try Hellberg.

BumRush

I'd argue that it can be considered Future Bass instead of regular Trap. dotcom's Marshmello's tracks, for now, are similar to each other - upbeat/melodic trap music.

The king of uplifting and melodic Trap right now is Monstercat. They have had tons of releases lately.

Thank you! I'll look into monstercat.

Aomber

You know what's not pure flames? This track, and the fact that it's being supported by OWSLA and Monstercat.

Marshmello - Alone (Getter Remix)

I wouldn't usually blatantly hate on a track without some genuine constructive criticism but this is beyond trash. Sounds like it was produced by some 12 year old screwing around with FL studio facerolling his keyboard until he finds the most annoying Massive preset he possibly could. Why am I sharing this? Because it's astonishing that tracks like this get huge support and 151k plays in a day when there are so many talented producers who could use that sort of exposure. I'd love to meet the guys over at those labels who supported this.

You know what's not pure flames? This track, and the fact that it's being supported by OWSLA and Monstercat.

I wouldn't usually blatantly hate on a track without some genuine constructive criticism but this is beyond trash. Sounds like it was produced by some 12 year old screwing around with FL studio facerolling his keyboard until he finds the most annoying Massive preset he possibly could. Why am I sharing this? Because it's astonishing that tracks like this get huge support and 151k plays in a day when there are so many talented producers who could use that sort of exposure. I'd love to meet the guys over at those labels who supported this.

I was thinking about Monstercat the other day and it is really apparent how much has changed since some of the older djs and producers left. Their new sound lately has been lacking in creativity and originality. I don't fuck with them as much anymore. I'll watch if they get some of their older people back but when they release new shit, pass. They went back to their roots but somehow their newest songs are just bleh.

Project 46 & Felicity - Falling Commercial/Mainstream/Mainstage House. I'm surprised to actually hear something like that from Project 46 but their recent output and their last album I listened to there was many mainstream influences. The last track I heard was the Tropical House song and I brushed it off.

Eminence & Alex Klingle ft. Danyka Nadeau - Altitude Trouse. Nice to hear some kind of Trance from Monstercat again.

Rezonate - Highlight RnB! I'm not surprised to see the older artists on Monstercat coming back and switching their styles a bit. It's one reason why I like Monstercat and how they allow their artists to experiment.

Stonebank - Who's Got Your Love Happy Hardcore. Stonebank back at it again with his signature style. If you've listened to his Happy Hardcore songs before, you've kind of listened to them all tbh. Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it right?

WRLD - By Design DnB. A little something for the DnB fans here. Don't have much to say since I don't listen to too much DnB.

Stephen Walking - Wake Up, The House Is Underwater House. Stephen Walking always tries his best to make different yet similar sounding House tracks. His titles are also hilarious.

I included older MCAT artists if people didn't notice. I feel like they are the one's who produce better quality tracks compared to the newer artists that have appeared on the label. As much shit as I give them they do have a wide variety of genres and a very different sound compared to other labels similar to them. Proximity seems to be the next step for artists who are in the MCAT label, then from there they move on to bigger things.

Next up would be Proximity and Nik Cooper.

Aomber

That fuckin' slapped bass in that last track lmao, love it, makes me feel like I'm listening to the soundtrack of a funky futuristic video game

Cash Cash & Digital Farm Animals - Millionaire (Cash Cash Remix)Commercial/Mainstream/Mainstage House. Yes you read that right and yes the same producers can remix their own songs. It's a festival version imo. Sped up and made for the mainstage. This will get alot of plays.

Jane Xø & Dannic - Undone Future Bass. I know people in here like Jane so I figured I should post it and see what y'all thought.

Flume x Audien - Never Be Colors (Trademark Mashup) Commercial/Mainstream/Mainstage Future Bass. It's a mashup consisting of what the current Future Bass "producers" are doing now. So it definitely sounds like what you would hear at a mainstage. Do I feel like it tarnishes Flume's original? No comment.

Felix Kartal ft. Steph Jones - Keep Up Chill/Deep House. First time listening to Felix' music and it's decent. Not really a fan of Chill or Deep House but there are exceptions.

Galantis and East & Young - Make Me Feel House. It doesn't make me feel any kind of way as with any Galantis song lol. They grow on you. For me Galantis has that sound that just grows on you over time.

BUNT ft. BEGINNERS - Young Hearts House. A nice little song to close it off. It's really funky and energetic. 6 tracks for each label, some chosen at random but also chosen due to familiarity with us all.

I don't know if I should post some stuff from Nik Cooper, SuicideSheep, or Armada. Maybe a couple tracks from each one. A combination should be good. SuicideSheep has a vast difference in sound compared to the rest.

mr stroke

That song- LOL(and this is from someone who listens to a lot of Dubstep/Trap) Why the cheesy break 45 seconds in, with the same wobble all the way through? Would anyone like that song if the producer didn't wear a Marshmello helmet?

I sometimes wonder if I put on a funny costume and played the Beatport Top10 Trap tracks if I would be headlining festivals by next year🤔

Closer got No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100. Article here, clicky clicky.

Not surprised. It is more pop than EDM and what Alex and Drew wanted to do in the first place. Still feel that Roses and DLMD are the better songs (well, the Hardwell & Sephyx remix of DLMD was pretty awesome). New York City was eh, Waterbed is fun, Inside Out was weird.

Camp Questionmark lineup for 2016 for anyone going to Burning Man this year.

camp-questionmark-burning-man-2016-lineup.jpg

Pic of Camp Questionmark from last year:

Zedd produced a song for Lindsey Stirling's new album. I like it! Vocalist is too bubble gummy, I don't think a vocalist was actually necessary for this. Lindsey Stirling's violin adds a nice topline to the song as it is but I guess they went for radio hit factor so they needed a vocalist. Anyway it's a nice song

Love's Just A Feeling - Lindsey Stirling (Ft. Rooty) (Audio)

Vicetone did one too. Saw it on their instagram. That album should be good listening.

Top Bottom