• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

http://wundergroundmusic.com/avicii-announces-comeback-tour/

WGlZyIv.png

So he only quit for all of 4 months..lol

It seems that Hardwell is definitely enjoying his time with hardstyle. Dude played a shitload of Hardstyle this past weekend in Germany. Straight from r/hardstyle. Don't want to assume anything about bandwagons and whatnot but I really hope we don't get that with Hardstyle and to let it happen naturally. If it doesn't catch on with the mainstream then fine, that's ok.

Also.... Why do fair rides play EDM? Lol, we were getting on rides and it was just constant big room/electro house and a bit of hardstyle (I know, I was legit surprised too). Not saying it's a bad thing, more of a weird thing that I don't quite understand.

mr stroke

It seems that Hardwell is definitely enjoying his time with hardstyle. Dude played a shitload of Hardstyle this past weekend in Germany. Straight from r/hardstyle. Don't want to assume anything about bandwagons and whatnot but I really hope we don't get that with Hardstyle and to let it happen naturally. If it doesn't catch on with the mainstream then fine, that's ok.

Also.... Why do fair rides play EDM? Lol, we were getting on rides and it was just constant big room/electro house and a bit of hardstyle (I know, I was legit surprised too). Not saying it's a bad thing, more of a weird thing that I don't quite understand.

Nah hardstyle is the heavy death metal of EDM, I doubt it would ever become mainstream.

(Watch soccer moms blasting Angerfist in their Dodge Caravans by 2018 lol)

Aomber

These wunderground articles about Avicii are killing me
(I absolutely love Avicii and his music by the way, this just gave me a good laugh)

http://wundergroundmusic.com/avicii-quits-edm-to-try-music/

xPLFA47.png

Actually not entirely inaccurate, you could argue that even going back to his "True" album that that isn't really EDM per se

Yeah I doubt it. It's too hard for the mainstream and I can't really see a way that you would adapt it for that - there are inherent requirements that make hardstyle what it is, like a distorted kick, that I don't see becoming popular. That's why some guys have sold out to bigroom.

Watching Steve Aoki's documentary and uh..... I didn't know he was related to Devon Aoki. I also didn't know how hardcore his dad was. Dude is a badass.

Dude is a hardcore workhorse. I can't fault him for that. I fear for his health even though he has stopped drinking alcohol. Constantly working and partying isn't good for your health at all. Supposedly he only gets about a couple to 4 hours of sleep @_@

It was nice getting to know Steve better and knowing his roots. I also felt for him because he's Asian. Also lol at the youtube, twitter, and instagram comments about Aoki being a sellout and sucking as a dj.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

Aomber

Watching Steve Aoki's documentary and uh..... I didn't know he was related to Devon Aoki. I also didn't know how hardcore his dad was. Dude is a badass.

Dude is a hardcore workhorse. I can't fault him for that. I fear for his health even though he has stopped drinking alcohol. Constantly working and partying isn't good for your health at all. Supposedly he only gets about a couple to 4 hours of sleep @_@

It was nice getting to know Steve better and knowing his roots. I also felt for him because he's Asian. Also lol at the youtube, twitter, and instagram comments about Aoki being a sellout and sucking as a dj.

I don't like his music or his sets but he's always a humble guy. People always criticize his caking and that sort of nonsense but he explains here a little bit why it's like that. He says it somewhere else, not in this video, but he does those sort of show acts because between songs there's often not a lot going on and all you can do is clap your hands or something. Which is true, and you see that a lot on mainstage, so why not make it more entertaining.

https://youtu.be/3CWNNZnsK-M?t=55s

Aomber

New Zedd & Grey (again, lol) called Adrenaline releasing Sept 2nd. Two previews below, not a fan of the drop but the break has some really nice classic Zedd harmonies. Also lol wot at it being less than three minutes, the song is almost entirely a build up

Edit: Full track https://youtu.be/hbMk7_c6nAE

Cagey

Banned
Tritonal's new single is "hey we're the Chainsmokers too!".

Forever they remain a bunch of Mr. Me Too motherfuckers.

Tritonal's new single is "hey we're the Chainsmokers too!".

Forever they remain a bunch of Mr. Me Too motherfuckers.

Tritonal has always been, after the change from Trance, followers. They've always been watching and seeing what is popular (Pop EDM/Big Room/Electro House/Future Bass) and trying to captialize on it. It's just what Tritonal's known for now.

Iceland had an interesting idea though.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to get into UK Bass pretty heavily but only know these DJ/Producers:

Flava D/Butterz
My Nu Leng
Holy Goof
Skepsis
Monki (maybe, right?)

Any other suggestions?

Got tickets and a nice hotel for Ultra Japan woo. Two more weeks. Only an hour and a half flight for me too, gotta love living in Japan.

Just hope there is no typhoon that week, we've been getting hit every week the last three weeks. Last two were Tokyo directly, this one is Kagoshima (my home) now.

NtY8Jqp.gif

That Cirez D Essential Mix

Was lucky to see Prydz b2b Deadmau5 at Tomorrowland but I'd honestly happily swap it to have seen that Cirez D set live. Best set of the year hands down.

Man.... When AVB played Trance at TL ;_; That was magical. Drinking with a long time family friend and we are just zoned out. Shit is magical y'all.

Aomber

So festival season is over, now begins the fall touring season. Who are you guys thinking of seeing?

On my watchlist in the next month:

- Miike Snow
- Lane 8 Extended Set (cellphone ban)
- Pete Tong
- Mat Zo
- Markus Schulz

Very unlikely I'll go to all but would like to go to a couple at least

cdyhybrid

Carl Cox live at Space right now

So festival season is over, now begins the fall touring season. Who are you guys thinking of seeing?

- Miike Snow
- Pete Tong
- Mat Zo
- Markus Schulz

Only non-festivals I'm to for sure at the moment are Sean Tyas on Friday and Rezz & Malaa in October.

Oxn

- Miike Snow
- Pete Tong
- Mat Zo
- Markus Schulz

I'm going to see Mat Zo in Oct 1st, and Tritonal on October 8th.

I'm so sad Marshmello got sold out before I even found out he was playing, and I might consider going to Seven Lion, but it's November and cold, so I dunno yet.

Aomber

Since I just posted a Joris Voorn remix, here's a new one from him posted today :D this guy's an awesome producer

Infinity Ink - Full Capacity (Joris Voorn Remix)

I'm going to see Mat Zo in Oct 1st, and Tritonal on October 8th.

I'm so sad Marshmello got sold out before I even found out he was playing, and I might consider going to Seven Lion, but it's November and cold, so I dunno yet.

You're not missing out. I went with a crowd of 10-12 people to a festival where we saw Marshmello (about a month ago) and every single person said his set sucked, I definitely wouldn't say I'm a fan but many people there were

Mat Zo and Seven Lions always put on good sets

Only non-festivals I'm to for sure at the moment are Sean Tyas on Friday and Rezz & Malaa in October.
Just a random theory, but I wonder if Malaa might be Mija (in this case at least). My buddy once made a comment that Malaa looked like a girl and Rezz has specifically said she wanted to go on tour with Mija which I haven't heard her say about anyone else lol

I need to see Rezz in a different setting. I saw her during the daytime at a festival and I definitely wasn't feeling it, felt like it had to be night time for that

Only thing booked is Jeremy Olander on Oct. 1st.

Holy f*ck this set is amazing. 2nd time thru it and it just keeps getting better.

Rummelsburg Stil Vor Talent festival Berlin - Oliver Huntemann
Would love to see Olander some time but I never see him touring here

Oxn

Since I just posted a Joris Voorn remix, here's a new one from him posted today :D this guy's an awesome producer

Infinity Ink - Full Capacity (Joris Voorn Remix)

You're not missing out. I went with a crowd of 10-12 people to a festival where we saw Marshmello (about a month ago) and every single person said his set sucked, I definitely wouldn't say I'm a fan but many people there were

Mat Zo and Seven Lions always put on good sets

Just a random theory, but I wonder if Malaa might be Mija (in this case at least). My buddy once made a comment that Malaa looked like a girl and Rezz has specifically said she wanted to go on tour with Mija which I haven't heard her say about anyone else lol

I need to see Rezz in a different setting. I saw her during the daytime at a festival and I definitely wasn't feeling it, felt like it had to be night time for that

Would love to see Olander some time but I never see him touring here

Hmmm still would like to see marshmello and see for myself.

Imma keep and eye on when Slushii comes to nyc. Hes my fav at the moment.

Aomber

0FOJBMi.png

Fuck this shit. Having the Billboard #1 song does not make your song the most amazing thing ever and does not give you validity to attack some valid criticism. Closer has some decent production but this is totally uncalled for, the lyrics are easily one of the weakest and cheesiest aspects of the song (by the way the vocal performances aren't anything special either). It's common knowledge that EDM lyrics are often weak, this song did nothing to improve on that basis and maybe they should figure out how to make better music before throwing attacks and inflating their ego.

You know why so much mainstream EDM doesn't progress and turns into a flavor of the month, money grabbing ferris wheel? Because of bullshit like this. EDM artists set EDM as their threshold for quality and that's good enough for them. The problem it's a very low threshold for quality music, if you ask me one should compare themselves to artists in other genres and look for ways to push their own music farther than they can imagine. But money does wonders and few take risks.

Lyrics: http://genius.com/The-chainsmokers-closer-lyrics

subwilde

Hmmm still would like to see marshmello and see for myself.

Imma keep and eye on when Slushii comes to nyc. Hes my fav at the moment.

Yeah same. I luckily got tickets to his show in SF on Jan. 21st. I thought his Ultra set was pretty good so I'm surprised to hear it wasn't good. My friend did say he is playing different stuff since his Ultra set but who knows...

Dany

Banned
0FOJBMi.png

Fuck this shit. Having the Billboard #1 song does not make your song the most amazing thing ever and does not give you validity to attack some valid criticism. Closer has some decent production but this is totally uncalled for, the lyrics are easily one of the weakest and cheesiest aspects of the song (by the way the vocal performances aren't anything special either). It's common knowledge that EDM lyrics are often weak, this song did nothing to improve on that basis and maybe they should figure out how to make better music before throwing attacks and inflating their ego.

You know why so much mainstream EDM doesn't progress and turns into a flavor of the month, money grabbing ferris wheel? Because of bullshit like this. EDM artists set EDM as their threshold for quality and that's good enough for them. The problem it's a very low threshold for quality music, if you ask me one should compare themselves to artists in other genres and look for ways to push their own music farther than they can imagine. But money does wonders and few take risks.

Lyrics: http://genius.com/The-chainsmokers-closer-lyrics

I completely agree. The lyrics are just so fucking awful. I hate that I enjoy the song so much and have to deal with garbage lyrics.

Tritonal will be releasing their album soon and they released two tracks this week:

Waiting 4 U & I Feel The Love ft. Ross Lynch. It's nice to hear some more songs that have more of a modern EDM sound from Tritonal. But man.... It's just not doing anything for me lately.

Speaking of Alex and Drew, This Is How We're Going. It seems that they have found their sound to make millions. It sounds almost like Closer. I miss their sound from Waterbed, Kanye, Until You Were Gone :(

Something silly yet awesome from Da Tweekaz. It's a parody of the Q-Dance Anthem, Dragonblood :p

On the topic of who I want to see this fall -> Barong Family, Coone. But I live nowhere near where they are playing :(

This is something weird I just heard while watching the football game tonight.... Bigroom? Woah, EDM is mainstream now. That still has me legit shook lol.

Aomber

Knife Party & Tom Morello - Battle Sirens

Rip off of Can't Stop by the red hot chili peppers with a shite drop. Please release the Pendulum album you guys are contracted for, for once I agree with a YouTube comment - "this is EDM as fuck"

Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion (Audio)

It has its moments, felt like it could have been executed better. Songwriting is awesome but production could have bit a BIT stronger considering the work behind it (Mark Ronson, Blood Diamonds, Kevin Parker)

Dillon Francis & NGHTMRE - Need You (DJ Hanzel & Drezo Remix) [Official Full Stream]

Dillon released his first remix under DJ Hanzel. Actually a pretty interesting take on it lol, I don't know what to call it

So that new Tritonal album eh? I'm listening to it and it sort of reminds me of Vicetone albeit not as good as Vicetone. Nothing really stands out so far. It is really more of a pop album than a EDM album. You can hear combinations of Vicetone and The Chainsmokers all throughout the album. There are probably more similar sounding artist's being forgotten.

I'm going to give it a few more listens to see what I really think of it overall.

Ok, after a few to multiple listens of that new Tritonal album. It's decent. If you are a person who craves that festival/EDM shit, don't listen to it. It does have some of their older sound. I'm drunk right now but there are a few tracks that reminds you that, "hey we are still the Tritonal you know."

I would recommend it to people who enjoy what The Chainsmokers, Vicetone, Hellberg, Zedd, Martin Garrix, Hardwell are doing lately. Alot of vocals and pop influences. As a pop album it is below average. As a pop-edm album, it is absolutely one of this years best album. The productions are good, the flow from each song (albeit not as good) is still decent. A solid 3/5 from me.

Aomber

Will check out the tritonal album I'm not really a fan of their stuff but eh why not.

Went to a club last night where there was a lot of tech house and nu disco, great stuff, just local DJs but it was a good time.

Will check out the tritonal album I'm not really a fan of their stuff but eh why not.

Went to a club last night where there was a lot of tech house and nu disco, great stuff, just local DJs but it was a good time.

I can guarantee you that you won't like it haha. It's not as good as a Zedd album or a Garrix album. They do have a track that has some of their Trance infkuences from the last but then it just.... Yeah. I would say that the beginning song and the ending song are not what you think Tritonal are known for.

Top Bottom